Monday, December 30, 2013

V finds Clue #1


Vishous

Too much was putting things so far on the light side of shit that even I had to laugh at it. Just when I thought things might settle down for a few I found out how screwed up wrong I had been. I needed some air, some downtime if even for five minutes. Everything back at the Manse was more clusterfucked than they had been in a long fucking time. I bailed out as soon as the night sky took up residence and headed to Zero Sum. One drink I said to myself then I’d head back and dig into the mess that I left behind. When I walked in a clear path opened to the VIP section and I walked straight through and didn’t stop until I was sliding my ass into the Brothers table. With my gloved fingers I tapped the table and the waitress didn’t even get across the room before she was turning back around and heading to the bar for my Goose. I almost relaxed and let my head fall back against the half wall behind me but that would be getting to lax in public and right now that was beyond a bad idea. I pulled my Sox cap down lower on my head and when the drink finally arrived I sucked it down in one gulp and tapped the table for another. Alright maybe I was up for more than just one drink, by the time I quit tapping the table I had downed five more and was letting the warmth of the liquor settle into my system. I didn’t bother looking around, I had already done that more than enough times while I sit here and inhaled drink after drink. There was no imminent threat in the bar and so I just let the beats of the music wash over me and tried shutting my head down for a few precious minutes or hell right now I would settle for seconds. With my last almost empty glass sliding between my hands nonchalantly I caught the edge of some carved letters into the table. I scooted over deeper into the booth and looked down at the words that were freshly dug into the fine tables that Rhev had up in the VIP section. “Ride or Die” The corner of my mouth quirked up and an image came to the forefront of my head. One face, one male that I still called brother always said that shit when it was time to hit the streets and go hunting. It was almost like a ritual with the male and since he left not a single one of us had repeated the words, kinda like a homage to Murhder. The tips of my fingers roamed over the carved words and fuck if right now I wished I knew where he was, we as a whole could use him, hell we needed the male and we hadn’t been whole since he left. I let out a grunt that was hushed by the incessant beat of the music and shoved my glass across the table. With my head dropped down a notch I got up from the booth and dropped down some money on the table and looked around, not sure what I was hoping to see, I knew he wasn’t here but still I searched the crowded club and caught no sight of the male. Shaking my head I headed towards the exit and left, it was a pipe dream, and a coincidence, it had to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment