Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cloak and Dagger


Butch
-I rolled over in bed and patted the empty side with my hand. I let out a groan and pulled my sleepy ass up. I didn’t get more than two steps before I heard a knock at the door to the Pit. My head turned toward the door and I had to stop myself from answering it buck naked. The floor was littered with destroyed leathers and… glitter? What the hell? I grabbed a pair of shorts and pulled them on before heading to the door only to find Fritz on the other side. Apparently V had ordered the whole place be stripped clean and new leathers brought in. From what I could see of the place it clearly required it.- I dunno what the heck happened here but have at it. We apparently got hit by some kind of fairy while we were asleep. -I heard a phone go off and without my coffee in me yet I didn’t even realize that it was V’s phone until I looked at it a bit. Some kind of message from someone named Khristessa. I’m not even going to lie, it was my jealousy that had me opening up the document to see what it was. I read a few lines of the file and my brows drew together immediately.- What in the hell is this? -I skimmed through more of it and at one point my hand slapped over my face.- Oh god, full frontal. The king and Kisa….! AACcckkk!!! -I gagged a bit and looked at who the email was from again.- I don’t know who the hell you are chick, but I’m gonna find out. -I went over to V’s computers and punched up what I could on Khristessa.- Works for a newspaper!? Oh hell no, this doesn’t sound good. -I thought about grabbing V and doing some recon but not only was he looking like a twilight vampire right now but I didn’t know how he even knew this female. I got up and got dressed quickly, making sure I was loaded up with plenty of weapons, and went out in search of a Brother. Heck, let’s make that the sneakiest of brothers… I practically ran through the mansion and ended up pounding on Z’s door.- Come out, come out where ever you are!
Z
[Rubbing a hand over my face I shift on the pallet with the laptop that V had given to me sitting nicely on my abs as I laid half down on the hard surface. I was getting pretty good at working the device. Downloading some new music I raise a brow as I hear a knock at the door. No scratch that..someone was pounding at my door..and then the boston accent comes in and I know exactly who it is] Cop [Growls and moves to get up. Gently setting down the MacBook before walking to the door. Yanking it open I bark out] What? [Looking at Butch]
Butch
-I didn’t even let Z’s tone phase me in the least bit. I’d dealt plenty of angry fuckers that didn’t want me knocking on their door. I threw out a big ole grin and even a slap on the shoulder.- Hello to you too, brother. It just so happens that I am in need of a scary yet sneaky fellow interested in tracking down a possible threat to the manse. You fit that particular bill to the T. What do ya say?! Wanna play cloak and dagger with me?
Z
[Raises a brow before reaching a hand up to rub at my skull trim] A threat? [Looks at the grin on your face] I’m guessing by the looks of it…this is a human threat and not lessers or something huge we are dealing with...[About to say no cause I was really not in the mood to deal with humans..but the thought of going out, getting fresh air, maybe snag in some fighting sounded amazing to me. I nod my head in a bob then murmurs] one minute [Shuts the door in your face then turns and moves into the closet. Strapping on a few more weapons before grabbing my leather jacket and phone I open the door again] Alright lego..[Murmurs as I slide on the jacket, phone shoved into my back pocket]
Butch
-I didn’t even get a chance to a word in edge wise before the door was slammed in my face. I blinked a few times and just turned and leaned against the wall. I folded my arms over my chest and thought about the email, minus the sexy parts. Which I really could have done without. The things that this chick knew was stuff that I only had a vague idea on cause it wasn’t like I’d gone prying into what Wrath was up to. I heard the door open again and I gave Z a nod.- Good deal. Not sure what to make of this one. -I continued talking as I headed toward the garage- There’s this chick downtown who works for the paper. She sent V or Wrath, I dunno… sent in a file that had boatloads of info about the King. No clue how she got it or what the heck she plans on doing with it. Creepy if you ask me.
Z
[Tilts head and arches a brow, sporting a ‘what the fuck’ look on my face] Yeah…that is real fucking creepy…how.. did she…I mean…[Scratches my jaw and moves over to the passenger’s side of the Escalade] did she ever meet anyone of us before...[Opens the car door and slides in] Cause..that is pretty random and fuck the way V has us on security its damn near impossible [Shuts the door and buckles up with a click]
Butch
I dunno jack squat about her. That’s why we are looking into it. I figured this was too important to wait for V to clean the pink outta his butthole. -I climbed in the SUV and pointed it toward the heart of Caldwell with a vengeance.- If you ask me it sounds like blackmail. Dunno what her goal would be. Aside from possibly ending up dead cause I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what V’s gonna do when he reads that email.
Z
[Blinks as you mention some weird stuff about your hellren that I didn’t really want to get into. Leaning back against the leather seat I murmur] It’s just weird though…she had to no one of us…or something…I mean is she human? Maybe she is a vampire…I mean…what human knows this much to pull something off like this..[Shakes head] and she’s a female to…great ..well i’m telling you right now get that cop mind out of your head cause i’m not treating her differently for being a woman
Butch
No, Z… -laughing a bit- I expect you to hate everyone equally. Though if I didn’t know any better I would say that you are throwing a bit more hate toward the opposite gender. -I glanced in my blind spot and turned into a parking spot across from the newspaper- I’m willing to bet that neither Wrath nor Kisa sat down with a reporter and volunteered all kinds of information about their personal life. -I stopped the SUV and looked over Z- No matter what she is I’m not sure that this is a shoot first and ask questions later kinda deal. I’m guessing the place is closed. Let’s see if we can find her address.
Z
[Grunts and lifts my shoulders before dropping them in a shrug] I don’t like any gender or anybody..but yeah females tend to piss me off more…[Maybe it was the fact that I was captured and controlled by a female for a good part of my life…maybe there was some need to show them whos boss now that I wasn’t as weak. Or maybe they scared me…so I try to chase them away. Looking at the building]Never said I was gonna shoot her but..maybe some rough grabbing and asking questions kind of deal….we could play good cop bad cop [Nods then murmurs]yeah I don’t see her being here at this time of night.. but an address would be good
Butch
-I had to laugh a little at the image- Sure, Z when we find her you grab her by the neck and make her piss her pants right off the bat. Then we’ll see if she babbles coherently enough to make sense of it. -I stopped to the side of the door and pointed up to the camera- Can you do that slick thing that all you vamps seem to be able to pull? Maybe get this lock while your at it so I don’t have to pull out my lockpicks.
Z
[Snorts] damn cop…when did you back off from protecting every female that walked this earth..Now this makes me really wonder what this chick did [Nods fucking with the camera before willing the locks open on the door] I always forget you can’t do this shit…must make you wanna pull your hair out sometimes..Scribe knows it comes in handy [Stepping into the dark building]
Butch
Yeeeaaahhh… and I was seriously suggesting that you do something like that… -Makes a show of rolling my eyes a bit- Actually I was kinda taken aback by seeing that pop up on V’s phone though. Well that and the fact that my frickin curiosity made me wanna sear my eyeballs out. I really really really didn’t need to know bout the King’s sex life. -shuddering- I’ll never be clean again. -walking into the building after Z- Don’t really care much for most of the stuff but popping round like you all do seems like it would come in handy. -I stuck my head in a couple of the doors- Let’s see here… Where to find that kinda info… Personnel or payroll? Something like that. 
Z
The kings…sex…life? [Blinks then gives you a weird look] um..what the fuck[Shakes the image myself before moving down the hall] Personnel…we should snoop in her office too…see if we can find out stuff about her..not saying dirt but if we act like we know things about her to it might help us in this situation [Eyes scanning for more cameras in the building]
Butch
Trust me, my man. You didn’t wanna read that stuff. Kinda like one of them trashy romance novels mom use to read with the guy on the cover who’s all ripped up. Grabbing some chick who’s top is barely holding her rack in with a lot of wind blowing for no damn reason cause they are inside. -makes a retching sound- Ya know what’s really funny? -glancing at the signs on the doors as we pass by- Haha!-Opening a door and waving Z inside- What’s really funny is Wrath chewed my ass ten ways from sunday for bringing that Kisa chick into the manse. I frickin introduced ‘em! I deserve a cookie or something.
Z
[Lets out a soft chuckle, it was really hard to not laugh at your humor. Moving into the room I shake my head] Cop you are always looking for a damn medal. This isn’t the academy…[Scans the room and moves straight over to the filing cabinets then murmurs] and wrath gets salty about anyone coming into the mansion but yeah…funny how shit turns out [Pulls at a silver handle. Finding the cabinets locked I will them unlocked with my mind]
Butch
Is salty what we are calling it now? -I move over to the nearest computer as Z looks through the cabinet- Makes him sound like a sea boat captain. Yar matey. I do believe that thar wench needs ta stay at port. -I fired up the computer and flopped down in front of it. Didn’t take me long to start cussing up a storm- This thing is even more archaic than the shit they had us using at the station. I’d do better with a Ouija board. 
Z
Yeah…i’m not that tech savy but I do know how to read somewhat pretty good now…[Shoots a look at you] Whats this chicks name again…you do have a last name don’t ya? [Tilts head as I wait for a response] unless you think you will find it in that contraption…boy at a time like this I wish V was here…[Makes a soft grunt]
Butch
Ummmm… Actually…. -pulls out V’s phone and sneaks a peak- Nope, no last name. Just Khristessa. Maybe she is a vamp. You guys don’t seem to be big on the whole ‘last name’ thing. -Angrily punches keys cause that kind of thing always makes electronics work better- Yeah yeah yeah… I know V probably woulda had this done by now. Rub it in why doncha. -giving up on the computer altogether and moving over to the files with Z- No shit? Reading like a pro now huh? That’s pretty awesome right there. Don’t read this email though… It’ll scar ya for life.
Z
[Blinks as I hear you punch the keyboard, peering over at you before looking back at the files then smirks] i’m just saying he is a master at this shit...[A deep chuckle rumbles in my chest] Not a pro but…getting there [Continues to look through the files but eventually gives up] There is to many..and they go by last name so yeah..[Sighs and leans on the cabinets] What is a vampire doing working at a paper with a bunch of humans..I mean she could be but…that’s just fishy..and if she was a vamp wouldn’t she be in her office working…I mean…not like she is going out to work during the day
Butch
-I nodded along with what Z was saying as I thumbed through some of the files.-Really, I’m just shooting in the dark on that one. Hold the phone… -I paused and yanked out one of the folders. It was the email that caught my eye.- Winner, winner, chicken dinner. -I dropped the folder on the table and flipped through it- Oh sonsobitches! This explains a bit. She’s their flipping Dear Abby and she works from home. What the hello kitty is she doing with this damn info?!
Z
Did you just say hello kitty? [Snorts and raises a brow but soon drops the topic when I watch you throw down the file..hearing your words] Well the working from home thing makes sense for the vampire theory..[Blinks as I reach down to grab the manila folder. Looking through the papers] Damn…
Butch
-I pulled out my notepad and wrote down the address of this strange chick and shoved it back in my pocket. My brow was deeply wrinkled and I started to pace as I thought it through- Well… okay, so if we assume that she’s a vampire that still doesn’t say how she got the info. Or even what she’s going to do with it. It just suggests that she won’t be throwing it out to the public. -I shrugged my shoulders-I guess that’s a good thing? Fuck, I’m still at a loss here.
Z
Yeah I don’t…know what to think of all this but hell..a civilian knows not to fuck with the brotherhood..this chick is in some deep shit..[Puts the file away before I start to close the drawers we opened up] So the king knows about this or… [Trails off and looks at you]
Butch
-Stops pacing and looks over at Z- Ummm… -scratches the back of my neck-Yeah, no. I doubt that he knows anything since I pretty much kyped that from V’s phone before he even found out. I figured we could find out what we could cause it’s a big old mystery. Detective side of me I guess… What say we head back to the manse and let ‘em know? 
Z
[Blinks then laughs loud] boy…you didn’t even tell your hellren? [Snorts and nudges you a bit before nodding] Yeah lets head out…you know what cop..you being all sneaky and shit..kinda cool…but I guess it is time to spill the damn beans [Heads out of the room before back tracking to where we first came in through]
Butch
Like you woulda just stood around and not done a thing after seeing an email like that? I might not be the one in charge of the security but I understand the point to keeping a tight leash on it. -I followed Z out, keeping an eye out for anyone that might pop up and start asking stupid questions- Besides, you know you like hiding in shadows. Even if you didn’t get to pop out and say ‘Boo!’ -I laughed and nudged Z’s shoulder as I walked past him and got back in the Escalade.-
Z
[Snorts] you are fucking crazy [Feels my lips twitch into a smirk as I reach out to grab the handle on the SUV’s door. Opening the door and slides in the seat. Shutting it softly before I buckle up, stealing a glance at you] So what do you think V and the king will say?
Butch
-Cringes inwardly as I start the Escalade- You’re right. Hadn’t thought of that part… You sure you don’t want to break the news to ‘em? -floors the gas headed back to the mansion-Salty… -shaking my head- Such a nice way of saying angrier than a momma badger that just got poked.

No comments:

Post a Comment