Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Orders


Butch
-I left Vishous in the Pit after I dressed and got ready for my patrol that night. There was something that I needed to take care of before I went out tonight, I’d put it off for far too long. I was going to bring it up with Vishous since it was his phone that got the message but with how he was when he came in I’d rather handle it myself. He could use the relaxation and if I could take even a little bit of the pressure off of his shoulders than I would. Besides it was Zsadist and I that went out and did some of the legwork on where this Khristessa could be found. But before I did jack shit I needed to see what the King thought on the thing. I had forwarded the email to myself so that I didn’t have to run around with V’s phone, that probably would have irritated the piss out of the tech junkie. There was no way that I was going to read that email again though, one time skimming through the bulk of it was enough for me. There are some things you just don’t want to know about the people that you share a living space with. I went through the mansion and headed straight to the King’s office. I stood up straighter, like I used to when I reported to the chief back when I was still a detective, and knocked on the door.-
Wrath
[The mental problems with Piper aside, I put serious thought into what Phury said about the Brotherhood needing a psychiatrist on hand. There were many problems about that particular sticky situation that were hard to overcome however. How anyone would be able to get a Warrior to sit down and admit that they had weaknesses was beyond my comprehension. I was one of them and I still couldn’t get any of them to confide in me. They were some of the most tight lipped sob’s ever to walk the planet. They did their duty to the race and they suffered through their issues silently. That had been the way of it for so long that I wasn’t sure if anything was going to change that. Yet Phury coming to me like he had suggested that he at least might benefit from someone who could look at things objectively. If just one Brother could be helped then it was worth looking into. Without actually letting him know what I had in mind, I had discreetly talked to Havers about the issue. Surprisingly the glymera dandy had been receptive to the idea but most of the suggestions he gave involved the human world. It seemed that there weren’t many among our own ranks that had the know how to handle something like that. I hung up the phone with him feeling more frustrated than ever when I heard a knock at the door. The scent told me that it was Butch but he was supposed to be on patrol tonight. My hand went down to my watch and I read the time by touch.]Enter.
Butch
-I came through the door and made sure to close it behind me before stepping forward to the King’s desk.- I know that I don’t have a lot of time but there is something that I think you should know about like yesterday. -I rolled my eyes and had to huff at that one.- Okay so I should have come to you way earlier but well here it is now. V got this email and I thought it was mine phone so I opened it by accident and I’m kinda wishing I hadn’t at this point but there’s no helping that now.-I started pacing a bit in front of the desk. I needed to just get this all out in one shot so I kept going, spewing it all out.- There’s this chick that somehow got a ton of info on you and … umm… Kisa… I have no idea how she got it but she put it all together and sent it to us. Now I don’t know everything bout what goes down with you all but apparently this Khristessa does. -I looked down and fumbled with my phone.- Here, I sent the email to you so that you know what I’m talking about. Anyways… So when I saw that I grabbed Zsadist and we went out to check out this chick. Come to find out she works for the newspaper so that was a bit of a scare there. It doesn’t say in the email what she intends to do with this but Z and I did find out where she lived. Turns out she’s the Dear Abby writer for the paper and works from home but that still doesn’t say much bout how she got the info or what she plans to do with it.
Wrath
[As soon as Kisa was mentioned my back went rigid and I let out a long hiss. It was one thing to know things about me and write them down it was an entirely different thing to be writing about HER. Bad enough for security, worse for my mental state to have a possible danger that involved my shellan floating around.]You are damn straight you should have told me sooner. Who knows how many people could have this by now? Does it give away anything about the mansion?[Knowing facts like the location of the mansion would prove dangerous for everyone under my roof. And if someone like Xcor or the lesser got their hands on something like that it would be a bloodbath. My mind suddenly raced through evacuation plans.] Is she human or vampire?
Butch
-I stopped pacing around the room and stood in front of Wrath with my hands clasped behind my back.- Honestly I hope that she is a vampire otherwise this is going to turn into the next Hollywood blockbuster. -I shook my head- I don’t think that she knows where the mansion is but it is mentioned often enough. She obviously knew enough to get an email to us. It’s not as if we have that stuff listed in the yellow pages. -I scratched the back of my neck and tossed out a suggestion that I hoped wouldn’t end in bloodshed.- I could swing by with Z and check her out while we are out tonight. I’m not sure if you want me to bring her in or what…
Wrath
[My fingers dug into the arms of the chair trying to control my immediate anger over the whole situation and look at it from a rational point of view. I knew that no one here was stupid enough to reveal information about anyone most especially not me. And that left me with a blank as to where it was coming from. My eyes flashed at the mention of bringing this female in.] Under no circumstances do I want that female to know for a certainty where we are located. It seems that she already has far too much information and I’m about to volunteer more on a silver platter. We need to know more about how she knows these things and get rid of any copies of it that she might have. Look into it but don’t give her anything more to work with than what she already has. These blanks need to be filled in before we… [I stopped and narrowed my blind eyes at the ex-human cop.] Don’t hold your breath on this one living, Butch. I will not hesitate to order her death if I think for one moment that it will endanger my shellan. If Khristessa is human you and Zsadist will take care of her and burn the house down around her to get rid of anything else that she might have. And if she’s a vampire then you are to take her to Darius’s old place so that we can keep an eye on her. [I took out my phone to have Fritz send some people over to the house. I turned my head back up to Butch and raised an eyebrow almost daring him to defy me on this one.] Have I made myself clear?
Butch
-I groaned as soon as killing the poor girl was mentioned. I knew that it would come to that before I even opened my mouth but I really hoped that it wouldn’t. The worst part was that I understood the need for it but that didn’t make it sit any easier. It wasn’t like she had done anything wrong per say  she just had exactly the kind of information that could get you killed. I wasn’t an assassin though. A warrior, yes. But not an assassin. I felt like I was going to puke right there on Wrath’s fancy carpet. Maybe I should have just left this to Vishous after all. I prayed that Khristessa actually was a vampire because anything else was not a road that I wanted to go down. It was a damn good thing that I had Z with me tonight because I wouldn’t be able to do it. I nodded to the King but tacked on the verbal when I remembered that a nod would do me no good.- I feel ya. I don’t like it though. So long as that gets marked down somewhere. I’m not a frickin hitman, Wrath. Not my thing. Those are the fuckers I find. Couldn’t we just wipe her memory? That would work wouldn’t it?
Wrath
If she’s human that might work. But there’s no way of telling how she got the information in the first place. [My blind gaze was cold enough to freeze even the most grizzled warrior.] And that’s not what I ordered. You and Z will take care of it or I will send Vishous, that way I know it gets done the right way.
Butch
-My fists knotted up and I spoke between gritted teeth.- Yeah, ok. I got it. -It was no wonder that a darkness always haunted my hellren. He always took care of things that required someone with loose morals. I could feel a vein on my forehead throbbing as I turned around. I wanted to take some of the weight from V’s shoulders and this was exactly what I got for it. I stomped out of the office and hoped to God that we would find plenty of lesser to take out tonight because I was a knot of tension that needed the release. I walked straight to the Escalade in the underground garage and shot a text message to Zsadist.- Let’s go.

No comments:

Post a Comment