Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Piper’s Date with the Doctor


PHURY : *My eyes locked on the rounded face of Dr. Jones, his laboured breathing getting harder as my hand slowly closes around his neck. The sound of Piper pleading to go only adding to my anger, I don’t care that Dr. Jones is human no male has the right to touch a female against her will. Pushing my mind into his* Listen to me Dr. Jones you will not remember seeing Piper tonight. *Bringing my face right down to Dr. Jones face my fangs on show, as I growl at him* You touch her, you know I can’t let that go human! *The scent of fear rising of Dr. Jones getting thicker as he stares at my fangs, cocking my head to the side looking around his office. The framed certificates and diplomas on the walls, his desk and leather chair under the window. Breathing in deep I catch the stale scent of sex both his and other females, so he has done this before and got away with it. Letting the good doctor fall to the ground , his ragged breathing and mumbled words music to my ears. -Please don’t hurt me, she ask me to do it. She wanted it…- Roaring as I lean down and grab the doctor by his hair, pulling his head back so he is looking up at me* You are a piece of scum, no woman would ever want or ask to be touched by you. Piper can you get up? Can you walk right on out to the waiting room I need to have my own session with Dr. Jones here. *The sound of Piper’s soft footsteps overly loud as I push my mind into the doctors, taking control of his will my voice low as I talk to him* From now on Dr. Jones you will feel pain in your groin every time you think about touching a female patient. You are a shrink you will not touch or think about your female clients again. *Standing up straight as I see the good doctor wet himself as he whimpers. -What are you, I did nothing wrong. The bitch asked for it, did you not see what she was wearing! - Punching Dr. Jones hard the sound of his nose breaking just as loud as my blood rushing through my veins, walking away knowing that he will not be able to do this again. Closing the door behind me as I see Piper standing in the waiting room as I asked, lightly putting my arm around her as I lead her from Dr. Jones office* Lets get you home, do you want me to call someone?
PIPER : -The whole scene unfolded before my eyes as I speechlessly watched out, a cruel grin unknowingly to myself began to grow as I watched Phury practically squeeze the life from the good ol’ doc. My heart pounded faster than it ever had and it took everything in me to remember the simple task of walking when your voice broke me from my silent prison. Casting my gaze to yours, no mistaking the anger that filled your features, rivaling mine completely. Minus the terror filled shock that resided there as well. I took the few steps towards the door, disappearing behind it to leave you two for your “session” while I moved slowly to the center of the room. Arms wrapping tightly around me while still trying to hold my clothes in place, a numbness began at my toes and migrated upwards. The deafening thrum of my own blood pumping behind my ears didn’t silence the one of Dr.Jones. “Relax….that’s it…”. I squeezed my eyes shut, lifting my palms to rub at my eyes as one last ditch effort to wake myself from whatever fucking nightmare I had stumbled into. I didn’t know what emotion I felt stronger; hatred, fear, confusion, I even felt ashamed. Guilty. My head shook, tears began to flow down my cheeks as I let both hands drop some to cover my face completely. All the voices in my head were for once silent and that…as much as a blessing was a curse. Silence never lead to anything. An eternity could have passed for all I knew, and as much as I didn’t mean to I flinched when you arm rounded my shoulders then quickly lurched forward. Instantly regretting my actions, shamefully turning to look up at you.- I’m sorry Phury…I didn’t mean…-I didn’t know what else to say- I’m sorry
PHURY : *Pulling the door open as I try my best to keep my body in front of Piper as we head to the car, the sound of the door to Dr. Jones office closing bringing my head around. Growling low as I see him locking the door as if that would save him, but by the look on his face he has no clue as to why it was opened or that we were there. Grunting as I turn back around my eyes scanning the area all around Piper and myself and all the way to my BMW M5, the dark gray finish looking almost black and hiding well on the street. My arm holding Piper to me while my other hand is on my dagger, going over everything that has gone down tonight. To think that I brought her here to this animal of a human, my mind set as soon as we get back I am going to make sure Piper is ok then I am going to see Wrath. Opening the passenger door and helping her in, the look in Piper’s eyes one I have never seen before, and her lack of chatter so far from the little doctor I know* Piper talk to me, what can I do? *Kneeling down and taking her hands into mind, my senses roaming all around us making sure we are alone, no lessers, no humans, no threats* Piper please, I need for you to talk to me. I am going to take you back to the Mansion but first, who can I call? *My mind wanting to ring Butch, but I also what to ring Havers. I know all is not well with Piper  but I am not sure what to tell our races doctor or how much to tell him over what just happened. The ringing laughter in my head that of the Wizard. - Yes mate you tell the blacked eyed one, lets tell him you let some human filth touch his female. - Grinding my teeth as I try to stop the images of Piper sitting on the recliner clothes askew while the Wizard’s hands roam over her body* Enough! *My voice harsh as I lift Pipers legs into the car, her gasps making me cringe* Piper I am sorry I didn’t mean to upset you, I was thinking out loud. *Closing her door and running around to the drivers side, sliding into the car and taking off at top speed. Taking out my phone as I weave through traffic* Piper who do I call?
PIPER : No one…-My voice was barely a whisper matter how much I wished otherwise, the honest truth is I wanted no one to know about what transcribed here tonight. A large part of me hated myself for dragging Phury with me. If I hadn’t of dragged him out…My head shook solemnly all over again and I tugged my clothes tighter. It was like there was some fucked up streak of bad luck looming over my head, a constant beacon of disaster. I was about to reply again when your “ENOUGH” rang clear as day, assaulting all my senses. I barely had time to glance your way before my door shut, legs neatly resting before me. Watching as you walked round the car and came to sit behind the wheel, jaw clenched and hands tight around the wheel until one dropped to find and hold out your phone. Once again I was mute, lost in a million thoughts but none seemed to lead me towards finding something to say. Fuck was all I seemed to say, over and over till my eyes lifted to yours once more. Meekly replying- No one…-I could tell by the look I got that wasn’t going to fly as well as I had hoped. Sinking back into the seat I ran through names, it didn’t matter who was called soon enough the entire manse would know of the nights events. That all on its own had me shrinking further into my seat, groaning low while my eyes closed. Somehow choking out Butch’s name before mumbling quietly- Call him. Everyone else will learn soon enough. -Shaking my head while dropping it to rest in my waiting hands, the sooner we arrived the faster I could hide away.-
PHURY : *Keeping my eyes on the road as I break all speed limits to get Piper back to the Mansion, finding Butch on my speed dial while using my cocked head and shoulder to hold my phone to my ear. My hands almost twisting the steering wheel apart with the force of my anger, the emotions filling the car from both Piper and myself mixing together. Pipers emotions ones of shame and pain, mine emotions ones of anger and rage. Growling down the line to Butch as his phone picks up, just praying to the Scribe Virgin that I had got him and not his answering service* Butch I am bring Piper in fast, meet us in the garage and make sure no one is around! *Hanging up and then texting Wrath, holding the phone against the steering wheel while I control the car with my knees. -My Lord I think we need to talk about a human problem that needs to be sorted. - Dropping my phone into the side pocket on the door as I drive us past the edge of Caldwell heading, scanning the road and streets around us knowing I won’t relax till I hit the Mhis around the Mansion. Keeping my voice low and calm as I can* Piper no one needs to know about all this, YOU did nothing wrong it was all down to that…. *My knuckles turning white as I growl, the image of Dr. Jones hands on you raising my anger* Lets just say that the good old doctor will not be doing anything like this again, to anyone.
BUTCH : -I had just gotten off of a long night of patrol. I walked through the Pit exhausted and went straight to the shower, discarding clothing along the way. Every muscle in my body hurt and the warm water was welcome. I stayed under the spray till I almost passed out. It was the sound of my phone going off that woke me out of it. I poked my head out of the shower and wiped a towel over my face before answering. The water was still rushing down and I could have sworn that Phury said something about Piper. I reached over and shut off the water.- Wait a minute you did what to Piper in the garage that you want no one to see? -I heard the phone click off and I stared at it like someone had lost their damn mind and it wasn’t me this time.- Oh you did not just hang up on me after some cryptic shit like that. -I stomped out of the shower and did the quickest dry off job of all time and yanked on some clothes grumbling the whole damn time.- Simple conversation. That’s all I ask. Hell, hand the phone to Piper if you can’t manage some hands free stuff. -Despite all of the complaining and grumbling, I still hauled ass to the garage. I might not know what the hell was going on but if it had to do with Piper and Phury was the one calling me it could only mean that she’d gone to see the shrink. I got to the garage and waited for Phury’s car to show wondering what the hell had happened this time.-
PIPER :  Everyone will Phury. No matter how hard I will it so. -I cast my gaze to yours to give a small reassuringly smile the fakest I’ve ever given; it was all I could bring myself to muster. Shame coursed through me like a poison, then guilt…soon the emotions from a sea of experiences came flooding in. My lungs emptied in one hurried breath, my heart jack rabbited against my chest and the sound that came when I sucked the air back was something I’d never heard. A few more quick breaths had my head spinning, eyes frantically searching for a non moving spot to focus on in fear of vomiting all over Phury’s ride. We hit the first gates, shielded from all expect those who knew its location and I felt a small bit better. Least that held true right up until we pulled into the garage and I saw Butch waiting expectantly, this was the one time I almost hope my brother was preoccupied with V. I groaned low, both hands ran through my hair while I mumbled- This night can’t get any fucking worse
PHURY : *Keeping my speed up all the till I hit the gates for the Mansion, my anger rising with each one. How had I let this happen, I should have sensed that the doctor was a pervert. Slowing my car down as we come into the garage, turning as I park right beside Zsadist’s. Looking over to where I can see Butch standing, so at least one thing has gone right tonight. Turning to look at Piper then back outside to Butch, breathing a sigh of shame over what I was about to tell my brother* It is going to be ok Doc, I am only sorry I let this all happen. *Getting out of the car and jogging around to the passenger side, opening the door and helping Piper out. Walking slowly over to Butch my hand at the small of Piper’s back, slightly pushing her forward yet not wanting to hurry her along. Stopping as we reach Butch, squaring my shoulders as I look him in the eye* I’m sorry man, I didn’t know what was going to happen. *Looking down at Piper then back to Butch* I will not tell you what went down, if Piper wants to tell you she can but she does need her family and someone to just look after her.*Grinding my jaw as I know Butch will not be happy with my little statement and just looking at Piper you can see that someone has been manhandling her. Running my hand through my hair and tugging at it, what a cluster fuck up if ever there was one. Patting my pocket down to check for my red smoke, the reassuring lump calming me down as nothing else can. Muttering to myself as I realise I have left my phone in the car, turning and jogging off to retrieve it as I call back to Piper and Butch* You two go on in I need to get my phone, I’m waiting on a text.
WRATH: [I should be in my office attending to all of those matters of state that just can’t wait for the King’s signature or some other stamp of approval but I’d called it an early one tonight when Kisa had walked in and slid into my lap. There was no denying my female or the hunger that I had for her. If I could I would give her every last minute of my time. I’d picked her up and carried her back to our suite to show her exactly how I felt. We didn’t even make it to the bed before I was ripping and shredding her clothes off. I needed to taste and feel every part of her body and I needed it yesterday. The smell of her arousal was maddening and seemed to fill the large room. We started against the wall and we almost made it to the bed. The floor was littered with clothes and strips of what use to be clothes. Kisa always gave as good as she got, a passion to match my own. It didn’t take long before we were both sweaty, hair in tangled up messes. Always I kept her close to me, pressed as tight to me as possible. I would not give up an inch of that even if it was inconvenient to remove the barriers between us. It was worth it to feel that constant heat. I was buried deep inside of Kisa and probably giving her backside a healthy amount of rugburn when I heard my phone go off with an incoming text message. My head fell down between her two beautiful breasts and I let out an irritated growl. I knew that it was too much to think that I could retreat from everything so early. I had no idea where the phone was and I had to have Kisa find it for me. She pushed the button and I listened to the message. I growled even louder and took the phone from her. I lay on top of her on the floor, supported by my elbows and typed a message back to Phury.] All humans are a problem, just not ours. If your philanthropic hobbies have led you into that particular arena, I would say that it’s your problem. [I grumbled some under my breath and added some more. If Phury was coming to me about something like this than there had to be a reason for it. Typically Phury was one of the best at covering things up.] If you absolutely need to talk to me, I will be in the office in 30… [I stopped to rub my body up against Kisa.] Make that an hour. [I hit send and tossed the phone away, returning all of my attention to my female.]
BUTCH: -My arms folded over my chest as I watched the two exit the vehicle. I narrowed my eyes and took in every single detail of the sitch that I could before Phury even opened his mouth. Piper’s demeanor I wasn’t sure on because I didn’t know if it was because of her multitude of voices or not but the Phury acted told me that I wouldn’t like the story. I met his gaze straight on.- I trusted you with my sister Phury. I’m not enjoying the sound of this and I’m liking the look of it even less. -I glanced down at Piper and that was all it took to have Phury bailing.- I know where to find you Phury. I’ll mess all them pretty looks up if I don’t like what I hear. But by all means run off to your drugs and sexting. -I hooked an arm around Piper’s shoulder.- Come on, let’s go raid the kitchen.
PIPER : -I felt like I was being lead into slaughter, although the reassuring hand at the small of my back didn’t go unnoticed.  I drew in a large breath, letting Phury guide my shuffling feet towards my brother. I couldn’t look at him yet in fact my eyes stayed glued to the garage floor until I felt Phury’s hand leave, thankfully it was replaced all too quickly by my brothers arm. It was only then I lifted my eyes from the floor to watch Phury dart off the never ending guilt tugged hard and a long drawn out sigh fell from my lips as I murmured- I’m such a fuck up.. -Pausing to let my eyes find my brothers, everything I wanted to say fading quickly leaving an over emotional mess staring back. How was I supposed to tell my brother everything? It was bad enough it caused Phury well…I could still hear the hard stomps of his shitkickers as he walked away. I sighed again before leaning into Butch’s side,  following  like a lost puppy for lack of a better description.- I just want a drink…or seven? Then maybe a few more before I even begin.
BUTCH : Everyone thinks that they are a fuck up. But it’s rarely ever true. -I had no clue what had actually happened here but I knew there was a story behind it. The cop in me wanted to jump to all of the questions but I doubted that interrogation was the way to go here.- Normally I would be right on that drinking boat with you but this looks like more of an ice cream occassion to me. I know we haven’t known each other that long, Piper but I like to think that we have some kind of connection. -I led Piper up through the tunnels and hooked it right toward the kitchen, careful to bypass the fully stocked bar so the temptation wasn’t there.- I bet we can make some pretty mean banana splits with the stuff Fritz keeps in here. -Pushing the door open and staying close to Piper so she doesn’t automatically head for some booze.- I’m a pretty stubborn son of a bitch and I’m going to sit right here with you until you tell me what’s doin.
PIPER: This time…Butch…I don’t even know…This time -My head shook some as we walked before a small smile grew along my lips. He was right. My stomach growled some as we rounded the corner and walked through the kitchen doors and I took advantage of the seat waiting for me before answering-  This is different…-My head shook, hands moved to fidget before me on the table while I chewed my lip- The only reason I’ll give in so easily is because you’re /THAT/ stubborn. But first I need ice cream. Lots of whip cream and chocolate. -Lifting my eyes once again to my brothers, sighing softly and just shrugging both shoulders while I tried to figure out a way to break this down enough to spill without bawling my eyes out-
BUTCH: -I didn’t move until I was sure that Piper was down for the count and not going to try to run or melt into a puddle on the floor or anything else really. I nodded and turned toward the freezer to pick out various flavors of ice cream.- It’s good that you realize that I’m that stubborn that way I don’t have to demonstrate some kind of extreme example where we eat everything in the kitchen before you finally break down and just talk to me. Of course you do have to realize that I am married to the the most closed mouthed and stubborn sob this side of hell. -I dug out a couple of bowls and spoons and handed them to Piper so that she could get started whenever she wanted to.- If I don’t let him get away with it, you can hardly expect that you would. -I got back into the fridge and came away with chocolate syrup, some kind of mushy strawberry mixture, whip cream and maraschino cherries.- That’s a two way street too ya know. You just have to be more stubborn than me. -Grins and peels a banana. I slice it in half and plop it in Piper’s bowl, fixing another one for myself.-
PIPER: -Watching my brother move about the kitchen left me somewhat speechless; we hadn’t exactly had a lifetime of time to do the whole brother sister bonding. But in this moment it made me smile and forget anything and everything that happened up until this point. Besides seeing this side of Butch wasn’t something everyone got to see. I mean I couldn’t imagine himself and Qhuinn or even Wrath sitting down to “talk” over a banana split. Laughing lightly as I agreed fully with your earlier comment- Yeah. V is something else on the stubborn as fuck scale. But I’d like to think I rival his sometimes. AT least on a human scale -My brows furrowed, somehow something so smart ass sounded so much more drab than in the safe confines of my head, shaking my head as I moved a hand to grab a spoon, quickly scooping a few flavors into the bowl before diving into the toppings. Whatever feelings I had received a few saving grace moments from sprang up like daisies and my once graceful movements faltered sending the strawberry goo across the counter. Biting into my lip hard enough to draw blood before mumbling- I’m sorry. -My hands lifted to cover my face; apparently simple shit was going to be hard. I sighed softly before I just let everything come flying out of my mouth like a freight train.- I was there…sitting in the fucking chair and then…-My strawberry coated fingers dug deep into my hair as I continued, barely managing to contain the choked sobs as I do.- I was out…listening to everything he said…then I heard Hannah scre…-Shaking my head again cutting myself off- I felt his hands…I could smell the stale coffee on his breath. Then I just screamed…-My eyes closed over, my voice dropped- I didn’t know what else to do.
BUTCH: -I dug out a scoop of chocolate and just kind of set it down in my bowl when the strawberry topping went all over the place. I came around the counter and found a dish cloth to clean the mess up.- Don’t worry bout it. -I had most of it cleaned up and was moving for your hands when you started letting it all out. My fists knotted up as I listened and I turned to go to sink and wash out the cloth. I had dealt with more than my fair share of situations like this and I knew that me shouting and growling right now wasn’t going to help the matter. I took a deep breath as I rinsed the cloth and when I came back I gently took your hand and cleaned the strawberry off of it as well.- Hannah? That the one that wanted V? -It took all of my self control and then some to keep my voice calm and steady. I picked through your hair with the wet wash cloth, cleaning out the sticky substance.- You did fine, Piper. It’s not your fault. No matter what you think, it’s not your fault. -I already made my own plans to ask Phury what he did to the guy.-
PIPER: -My head nodded all too slowly in response to my brother’s comment about “Hannah”, I think entire body would have folded in on itself if it was humanly possible. I didn’t know what to say. Do I apologize again? Cry more than I already am? Fuck. How was I supposed to deal with one thing when I felt a million more impatiently stabbing me in the back? The gentle side of him was something I needed but I felt even worse for expecting it.- Yeah…-I was thankful for your excellent hearing right now, my voice apparently no more than a mouse and that was in between the mumbles- That’s the one. -I paused to take a few breaths and finally lifted my eyes to search for yours- How is it not? I should have…This whole thing. I can’t even. There’s just. -Sighing hard as I sank back into the chair slumping down till I felt my ass barely sitting on the edge- I feel like my head is going to explode but I want to scream at the same time. Scrub at my skin with a scowering pad and bleach and just…fuck. -Panic set in and I could feel the slight tremble in my hands before I quickly shook them to disguise any movement.- I can’t breathe…everyone is suffocating. Worse. I have no one to push away. -A brow arched in confusion as my head shook- OR I do and I don’t know fucking how.
BUTCH: -I tossed the wash cloth into the sink and looked back at Piper. She was retreating in on herself and that wasn’t going to do her any favors right. I grabbed her shoulders and turned her around so that she could look at me straight on. I even lifted her chin up so that I was sure that I had her attention.- How is it not?! Seriously, Piper? Did you walk through that door, take one look at the doc and spread your legs wide with a sign to come on down? Even if Hannah was running the show at the time a doctor doesn’t get the right to bend his patients over. You know that. You are a dang doctor or did you forget that part? You listen to me and you listen to me good… -I grabbed both sides of Piper’s face, careful not to block the ears cause that would really defeat my purpose.- It. Was. Not. Your. Fault. -I blinked a few times trying to block out my own memories of a similar situation and continued on before I could dwell on it too much.- Everyone in this mansion has something fucked up in their closet. I almost think that it’s a prerequisite for coming here. You can push us all away if you want but being together is what makes us strong.
PIPER: -I was perfectly still, stunned as I stared back into the eyes of my brother and for an instant I was sure he was going to wallop me something that would have rivaled Gibbs, but when that didn’t come and my mind finally caught up with my eyes I gasped in small breath of air. I had forgotten how to breathe apparently; it took both hands on my cheeks to remind me to do so. Every word you said echoed through my head with no objections, stranger still there was a unanimous sense of rejoiced praise for them. Except for one…a smaller joyous voice seemed to say something along with her own type of godly worship but for now it seemed to mimic the others. My eyes closed, body slumped and I couldn’t help but lean into your hands- I don’t want to push anyone away…I don’t know what to do. I almost wish it was Hannah that was in control. I would have been blessed with no memory at least.  I didn’t open my legs or beg but maybe…I give it off. I don’t know…I just  –I felt the tears begin all over again, slowly washing down the lengths of my cheeks – Where do I start? And I just…all I want is a hug and a few moments peace.
BUTCH: -I let out a heavy sigh and pulled Piper closer. I rested one hand on the back of her head and just encouraged her to let out whatever she needed to. This was all new ground for me but I liked to think that if Janie had lived than maybe we would have been close like this. None of the rest of my family seemed interested in having anything to do with me. I was always the outcast and coming from that to this was different.- Fate is never nice enough to let us forget moments like that. It all boils down to what you do with it, Piper. You either let it crush you or you let it make you stronger. -I looked down at Piper and tried not to sound or look as jaded as I was. Life had kicked me around more times than I could count but I still hated watching it happen to those I cared about.- Take all that stubbornness that you say you have and use it. That is honestly the best advice that I can give you. You fall down, you stumble, you get your ass back up. That is just life. Sometimes you’re lucky enough to have help. And you betcha I’m gonna have a talk with this doctor of yours. -My grin was completely wicked and I didn’t even try to hide it. No one got away with shit like that on my watch.-
PIPER: -I did as I expected myself too. My arms wound round your waist and I clung for dear life; amazed at the safety I felt in your embrace. The loss of family I had felt when my “father” passed away slowly began to fill. There was no doubt I loved my brother before but it was different, like I loved any of the others. But now I loved him like an actual brother. My brother. And I never wanted to lose it. I slowly relinquished my hold when you spoke again. And even though you tried to hide it, I felt everything. No matter how well you were holding yourself together, the gentle flinch of your muscles showed some cracks in the resistance. But then I saw the grin I had grown to love and in all honesty was half heartedly and of so desperately was waiting for. It almost caused a small laugh to burst free when I heard a small chant of blood echoing. Hannah. Fuck me. I let out a long heavy sigh, smiling although slightly up at you- Thank you…for this and just everything. –I gave a small shrug of both shoulder and hugged you again; it felt a little weird saying I love you just yet.  But it was there. And yes my stubborn ass kind of wanted to hear the big bad brother say it first.- Just promise if I fall you’ll pick me up…after youre done laughing? –I lifted my head to peek up and smile before stepping away and reaching back for my bowl of ice-cream. I didn’t want to know what my brother had planned but between himself and Phury I’m sure it would be creative to say the least and for now that satisfied the voices and myself enough for the time being-
BUTCH: -I tweaked your chin when I saw you finally smile and tossed you a wink.- I didn’t do nothing but give you a shirt to rub your snot on. If this is going to become a habit I’ll just start wearing a bib around you. -I turned and dug a scoop of ice cream out of the vanilla.- What if I’m the one that tripped you? -I chuckled and licked some ice cream from my fingers.- This is all turning into soup. You got what you want cause if I don’t get this back in the freezer Fritz will chew my ass. Hell, I’m surprised someone hasn’t come in here and kicked us around the kitchen already. That’s usually what happens to me when they see me heading that way. -I stuck the top on the container that was the furthest gone and put it back in the freezer.- Course I tend to burn the place down.
PIPER: -I poked out my tongue, pulling my face away before I gave a small nod and pulled my bowl closer. The last thing I wanted was someone else seeing me like this; Phury and Butch were bad enough. Yet I didn’t move, didn’t even flinch. Just smiled a little more for show than anything else, biding time so I didn’t need to be left alone quite yet.- You would be the one to do that…-Swirling my spoon, mixing everything in my bowl until it resembled something close to a pistachio pudding and then swirled a little more before taking a small bite, watching as you tucked away the evidence of our sundaes- Butch…– I couldn’t cry anymore if I tried and the overwhelming urge to wash away the entire night was getting harder to ignore. It felt odd feeling so needy and defiantly stubborn all in the same breath. I didn’t know what I needed, who or even how I needed them.-  What do I do now? –I didn’t know if I expected an answer or if a nod would suffice, but there it was…the question that had me still planted where I was too terrified to move.-
BUTCH: -I finished putting away the stuff that would end up a melty puddle and hitched a leg over a bar stool to sit down to my own banana split. I looked over to the mess that you were making of your tasty treat and shook my head.- Sacrilege. -I grabbed the whip cream, shook up the can and reached over to your bowl. I swirled a huge amount on top of your sludge and plopped a cherry on top of it. I stopped just before doing up my own bowl and looked back over at you. It was an obvious question and I really should have seen it coming.- You keep going, Piper. One foot in front of the other. -I stretched back over with the whip cream and squirted it right on the end of your nose.- And for fucks sakes have some damn fun. -I grinned wide and laughed loudly right before I stuck a cherry on top of that little dollop on the end of your nose too.-
PIPER:  One foot in front of the other…-My head lifted, eyes crossing as I narrowed them in on the red cherry currently adorning my nose and held them there as I laughed before righting and focusing in on you. Both cursing and loving your little addition- I…you know –I lifted my spoon forgetting it was now covered in both sludge as my brother so nicely but it and whip cream to send it flying across the table. Both eyes widening as I remained perfectly still, holding my breath and the laugh that was desperate to burst free with it. That being said I couldn’t hold my breath forever, seconds passed and I snorted, hard while my head shook- I am so sorry…-Two hands lifted palms out in mock retreat, like white flags- I…yeah…-Looking to my left for the washcloth before dropping a hand to slide it over- What if…things get way out of control and we lose me? /This/ me …or I lose all of you?
BUTCH: -I flinched a little as Piper’s ice cream soup came flying toward me. When I looked down it was sprayed down my shirt. I felt some of it trickle down my face and when I raised my hand I noticed that some of it got in my hair too.- Oh it’s on! -I snagged my bowl of ice cream and ducked down behind the kitchen island. I loaded up my spoon and poked my head over the edge and flicked it at you before ducking back down again. I heard what you said and called out like we were across some kind of loud battlefield.- You’re over thinking this. -I loaded up my spoon again and looked around the corner this time, flinging another glop of ice cream at you.- You gotta roll with the punches, darlin. -I put my back to the island and snuck in a few bites before I ended up using it all as ammunition.- You can’t lose you. You’ll always be in there somewhere. Them others are just more colorful ‘you’s. -I reached up a hand over the edge of the counter and grabbed the can of whip cream. I didn’t even look, I just squirted it in your direction.-
PIPER: -It was something I always wanted to do as a kid, destroy a kitchen one spoonfull of food at a time. So needless to say; no amount of sorrow, anger or guilt could keep me from acting accordingly. I felt the first shot smack into the middle of my forehead causing my eyes to close as it slide down my face’s length. I blinked a few times stunned before ducking to the other side of the table- More colorful?! -Laughs lightly while creeping around the side of the island to lay my first surprise attack, lining up my own spoon with my “Sludge” and flinging it. Quickly ducking away before it landed to reload, and sneak a few quick bites. Instantly regretting my decision.- Fuck fuck fuck fuck -Leave it to my brother to find the best and worst weapon of mass destruction, my eyes rolled some before I turned and slowly peeked out from under the table. Two bright chocolate eyes staring frantically on a face filled with ice cream must have been a sight- They are beyond that. Maybe…you think. I mean…  -Taking a second to pause more to slowly creep my fingers towards the strawberry goo, smiling wide as my fingers found it and I continued- I can control them…or learn to? -Casually tipping the entire container of red goo, watching as it oozed across the counter, slowly beginning to drip over your hiding spot causing my quick retreat to my own with a small elated giggle- BADGER!
BUTCH: -I was definitely going to need another shower after this. When I popped my head up I got it right between the eyes and anytime my hand came up I could feel the sticky sweetness roll down my arm and into my shirt. But that was all nothing compared the waterfall of strawberry that rained down on head. I could just feel that one soaking into my hair real good.- Sonofabitch! -I rolled away from the slowly dripping mess. I put on my best McCoy voice.- Damn it, Piper! I’m a Cop not a Doctor! -I looked at where you were in the reflection of the fridge and carefully lined up a row of bananas pointed at you.- I can’t claim to know all the answers. All I can do is make suggestions. -I made a fist and slammed it down on the end of the first banana, shooting it out of the peel and straight at you. I kept going until the whole bunch was shot and rolled to change positions.- I’m just saying that no matter what the hell happens, you’re still my sister. -I emptied the last of the can of whip cream and chucked it into the garbage.-
PIPER: -I heard the groan of victory, my goo had found and laid siege on my brothers normally pristine hairdo.- Well I would hope so - A small snicker slipped past my lips as I triumphantly peeked over the counter again. First one banana came, then another, and another it was like I suddenly understood what that poor chiquita banana woman must go through. I managed to swat away the final banana bomb. Turning to dodge the sporadic spray of a fading whip cream can, even poking out my tongue while I lobbed another spoonful of ice cream your way.- SPLOOOOOSH Banana face -I shot a hand into the air and moved to give chase around the island only to catch step on one peel, quickly trying to steady myself with my other foot to have it land on another sending me catapulting towards the fridge for a second and then I landed hard on my ass and remained perfectly still. A human sundae. I fell back laughing, scooping up one last hand full of now melted ice cream and stretching to smoosh it into your shirt- You’re stuck with me now you know that right? The annoying little sister and alllll her friends. -I smiled wholeheartedly enjoying the moment before the retaliation began-
BUTCH: -I laughed hard when I saw Piper come in for some kind of bombing run and landed herself flat on her ass. My stomach knotted up with the laughter and I grabbed it with both hands as I tried to make it toward her to help her out. It ended up looking more like a limping roll of a lame dog. My eyes even teared up a bit and I was sure that my face was red. I took the splash on my shirt in stride and got the wild idea to pull out my phone. I leaned in next to Piper and took one of those epically horrible pictures that happen when you are holding the phone out as far as you can. I took a look at it, laughed even harder and showed it to Piper.- That’s one for the books! -I looked around the kitchen at the mess we made and whispered conspiratorially.- We better get the flip outta Dodge before Fritz finds us. -I struggled up and held out my hand to help Piper up.- Hey, look to the bright side of it. Instead of picking up a sister, I got a whole damn family. -I grinned and tugged on Piper’s arm so that she wouldn’t fall on more of the banana mess.-

No comments:

Post a Comment