Thursday, March 20, 2014

Another Threat


Butch: -I finished out my patrol after talking to Rehv but my mind wasn’t really in it. I knew that it wasn’t a good idea to run off before I’d even talked to any of the Brotherhood but I needed some answers for my own personal sanity. I went in there freaked out of my mind and came out with a certain amount of clarity. It wasn’t going to help anyone if I didn’t sit down and have a chit-chat with the right people though. The entire conversation with Rehv kept going through my head and the thing I came back to was the fact that this was only the first step in some kind of plan. How I managed to keep my head attached with all that was floating around it right now was amazing and probably had more to do with the fact that we never patrolled on our own. I stopped off at the Pit long enough to rid myself of my weapons and turned right back around. I walked down the tunnels and took a turn toward Tohrment’s office. If anyone was going to sit down and plan things out it would be him but he needed all of the facts. I knocked on the door before just letting myself in and plopping down in a chair across from him.- I think it’s high time we talked.

Tohr: *I peek one eye from up above my folded arms that I was resting my head on. For just a moment, I swear. NOT taking a nap. I pick my head up, a little paper note stuck to the side of my face and I quickly swipe it away before trying to look serious and not caught-out. I clear my throat, yawn and stretch my arms over my head. Fuck it. Threading my fingers through my chestnut hair, I lean my elbow on desk, hand still in my strands and stare at Butch with my navy blues.* Why, hello to you too Cop. What do you need to tell me? *I arch an eyebrow as I stare at Butch across the wooden desk and sigh. I hope this won’t bring me to a place of rage like Phury did when he stopped by the office. At this rate, I’m going to be putting a dartboard up on my door. Their fault if they get in the way of fire.*

Butch: -My feet kind of automatically found their way to the top of Tohr’s desk and I relaxed back in my chair. I was feeling this ‘let’s take a nap’ vibe that I’d obviously pulled Tohr from and almost said fuck it and joined him there. I groaned as I stretched out my aching limbs and blinked at the male across from me. I came here for something… Ohhhh right…- I guess you heard bout what Phury and I ran into the other night… -Phury was good about reporting back I was betting on the fact that stumpy had come straight to Mr. Bossman. And I hadn’t… I was in for an ass chewing but it wasn’t like I could get fired for taking initiative.- So I took that symphath information and went to Rehv. We had a nice lil chat actually after I got past the whole ‘I really fucking hate symphath’s right now’ thing.

Tohr: *I blink as I let this process in my head. I detect a note of something I can’t quite name in the Cop’s voice as he is speaking. Almost like a kid’s whose hand was caught in a cookie jar. Hmmm…. wait, he knew that he should’ve come to me as well. I frown, brows pulling together. After what he had been through, I didn’t expect him to come to me right away. Not only that, but I had assumed that he already known that I’d been notified as I came in to check…. Both brows raise and I stare at the ceiling, eyes darting around the room. That’s right. I had heard various, um, sounds come from the room. Yeah, wasn’t going to go there. Okay, right. I level my gaze back at Butch and pick up a pencil along with a new sheet of paper. I nod.* Yep, right there with ya there buddy. Okay, so what did you find out?

Butch: -I watched Tohr go into the whole avoiding eye contact routine that hinted at something. I narrowed my eyes and he came right back into focus on me so I figured whatever it was, he must be over it. Hrm… whatever… I shrugged and sat up straighter, letting my feet fall back to the ground.- I drew up a picture of the forelesser and left it with him. Mostly because this guy doesn’t really look like your typical lesser aside from the paleness and layer of stink on him. He seems to fancy himself important and wears suits and such, holding his nose above the rest. So I guess you could say I had more than one reason for going to Rehv. -I got up and moved around the desk, elbowing in to get to the computer.- Ya mind? -I wasn’t really asking since I’d already pulled up my email. I found the picture that I’d scanned in and sent to myself and left it there on the screen for Tohr to see before sitting back down.- Figured he could keep an eye out for the guy as well. More eyes the better.

Tohr: *Butch drops his legs to plant his feet on my office floor, and I tap the eraser of my pencil down on my paper as I listen to what he has to say. My brows furrow as I scribble down that this down. So Mr. Forelesser is playing at being a real-estate agent… or banker. If he only knew that the Omega discards and would sell-out his Forelessers in an instant. He doesn’t give a shit if they dressed up in fancy suits or fucking paper bags; Ran out naked in Mardi Gras or some other shit like that. My lips quirks at that thought. I need to obviously get out more if I get my kicks out of picturing a lesser clad in plastic beads. I sober instantly as Butch elbows me aside as he walks to the underused computer. Unlike V, I like my paperwork done the old way, not with this tech crap, but I guess in this case, it is proving useful. I stand up from my chair to look over Butch’s shoulder at the image on the screen, committing it to memory as Cop moves back to his chair. I sit back in my own, my fingers tapping on the tattered green arms.* Maybe print this out to all the Brothers?

Butch: -I nodded at the idea of printing the sketch out for everyone.- That’s easy enough and why I saved a copy of it. Though when you get down to it, a lesser is a lesser. I didn’t get a good view of the symphath for all of the screaming and yelling I was doing. So you’ll have to ask Phury on that one. Though from what I remember they all look like frickin grey aliens. -I scooted the chair closer to the desk so that I could lean an elbow on it as I spoke.- The real important part of my whole conversation was something that Rehv brought up… kinda sent a chill through me to think about. He said that this symphath did all of that in front of the forelesser because he was proving what he could do. Kind of like they were ramping up for something worse or more of the same. Showing what he could do to a Brother.

Tohr: *I shudder at the thought of what symphaths look like. Their disjointed fingers and bleh. I’m speculative as Butch speaks his words.* Hmmm… But why would a symphath want to have the approval or alliance of this particular Forelesser? What is it that makes him so special? *I chew on the head of the eraser as I think, but another question forms in my mind of something that I had wanted to ask of Butch, but not sure how to broach the subject since it is so personal. I decide to just out with it.* What did the symphath show you? What exactly did it do to your mind? *I lean back in my chair, hands folded together, fingers laced across my stomach.*

Butch: Not sure that it’s approval, more like a proof of what can be done. I’m not so familiar with what reasons symphaths have for doing things but if this was a human sitch I’d say good old fashion hatred. -I waved a hand in the air, searching for a comparison.- Like skinheads. They don’t have a reason, they just hate. That’s what it looks like to me since he’s not just pinpointing one vampire, or a family or even a specific class of vampire. Sure the lesser grabbed up lots of civilians but they also got Kisa so I don’t think they were being particular. -All of my thoughts skidded to a stop when I heard the last question. My palms instantly got sweaty and I rubbed them over the tops of my legs. He deserved to know, I’d told others… I just had a hard time bringing it up again cause that meant I had to relive it.- A year ago… -I stopped and licked my lips, clearing my throat.- Vishous and I were taken by the symphaths. That was the nightmare that I was forced to relive. Only this time Vishous was dead. -There, I’d said it. Not great detail but I’d said it. I cleared my throat again and looked to Tohr for what next.-

Tohr:  *My lips are pressed in a tight line, knuckles white at how hard they are gripping the pencil. How dare that symphath make Cop relive and think of something like that. What disgusting creatures they can be. I do agree with him that it is just out of pure hatred. I sigh and scrub a hand down my face, calloused fingers catching in my whiskers. I lean forward to speak to Butch.* Man, that must have been hell to relive not to mention the extra added touches to it. Unfortunately that is the nature of a symphath; to find their prey’s weakness and exploit it. So now, I guess we figure out what we need to do about not only this Forelesser and now a symphath. I need to talk to Phury again and get his description of this creature and then we’ll have to hunt it down and put it down. Which will be hard. *I blow out a breath and massage my temples.* We will have our work cut out for us.

Butch: -Find a prey’s weakness… I rolled that around in my head a bit. I had always thought that the Omega would be my sticking point but it really didn’t surprise me that it was Vishous. I chewed the inside of my mouth for a minute and then I seemed to remember where I was and what I was doing.- Rehv mentioned that he would be visiting the Colony. Said that he wanted me to stick my head out there as much as possible to try to keep this symphath here in Caldwell. Hoped that he would be able to identify him by his absence. Not sure if that will work for him but I know my head’s going to be out there looking for his ass as it is. -I let out a heavy sigh and pulled myself up from the chair.- I don’t want any of us to have to fall to this sineater. It’s a good damn thing that none of us patrol alone or I would be dead right now. Phury saved my life, no doubt about that. Let me know if you need me to do anything else Brother. -My knuckles tapped on the desk and I turned to leave.- You know where to find me if you need anymore. I think I’m going to go enjoy what I got and catch some shut eye. -I left the small office and trudged back to the Pit, half-asleep before I even reached the door.-

No comments:

Post a Comment