Thursday, March 20, 2014

Visions be damned…


Vishous

I came awake with a kick ass jolt and reached for my blade that wasn’t attached to my bare chest. My heart pounding, my breathing fast, I searched the dark corners of the bedroom and found nothing out of sort, no sounds except the usual. Every nerve in my body was wound tight and I was trying to bring it all under control to the here and now. My body was coming down but the images flooding my mind right now weren’t dimming, if anything they were getting more vivid and demanding. I sit up in bed, my hands coming up along with my feet moving over the smooth sheets to bring my knees up and I gripped the sides of my head and dropped my elbows down on my upraised knees. I wanted to dig them, if it was possible I would cut them out of my head. They came in series of scenes that barely lasted a second long but each one was a second too fucking long. There was a blinding flash of a blazing inferno, the likes that only happened when I centered in on everything inside of me and basically used up all that I had. It wasn’t something that I had done many times, it’s not often that you have to call on that side to make an explosion that would level miles upon miles of land but the very few times that I did it left me drained like a motherfucker afterwards. It was the next scenes that had me wanting to really dig in and wrench them out. This bed, the Pit, Butch and someone else. It wouldn’t stop, that second repeated over and over in my head until I was ready to shove my head through the wall for relief. I jumped from the bed and looked at it as if it suddenly was my enemy and before I knew I found my blade lying on the bedside table and attacked the plush mattress with a vengeance. I rammed the blade into the springs and sliced through everything until there wasn’t a spot left with no marks savagely dug into it. I stood there beside the bed, growling through each harsh breath, the blade gripped tightly in my hand and the need to kill whoever the other faceless image in my head was. If only it all had been a fucked up dream, that I could deal with, hell a nightmare was a walk in the park but this wasn’t that, no I knew it was a vision, I knew it for what it was. I had to figure out how to stop it, how to change it and keep things from coming to pass. That was the fucked up part, I didn’t know when any of it would happen, and I didn’t even know if the images had a thing to do with the next image. It wasn’t just the vision that had my head twisted, it was the feeling around the scenes that was doing a number on me also. I wasn’t good with anything to do with being helpless and in that vision that was exactly how I felt. My eyes blazed just thinking about that feeling and I knew without looking in a mirror that the ancient wording tats bordering my brow was also alight. My fingers loosened and tightened around the hilt and slowly I pulled my breathing and the erratic beat of my heart under control. I laid the dagger back where I had picked it up and traded it out for picking my phone up and calling up to the Manse. It didn’t matter who answered the other line, it was a simple order to complete so when a male Doggen answered the other line I calmly with a bite of steel spoke. “I need a new bedding and a mattress replaced within the hour.” With that I hung up, I wasn’t going to be questioned about the whys of this and shit needed to be back in order before Butch came back. I didn’t look at the bed again as I walked around it and went to the shower. I turned it on ice cold and stayed under it until I heard the foot falls of the Doggen come and then go about twenty minutes later. After drying off and dressing in black basketball shorts and a black wife beater I grabbed up my hand rolls and headed to my office where I ended up spending the rest of the day and night behind the screens of my monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment