Thursday, March 20, 2014

Revenge


Ghrimm: -Looking at a picture of Hannah and Rhocco, my heart ached. Not a day went by that I didn’t miss them, but tonight was hopefully going to help ease the pain. I stood outside Rhazor’s flat, my hand gripping my wakizashi tight. Tonight I was going to get my revenge. The past few nights I stood in this exact spot, peering through the barren trees, watching and taking note of Rhazor’s comings and goings, who came and left the flat and if there truly was another prisoner in his grasps. Happy with the knowledge I’ve gained by keeping an eye on him, I make my move towards the flat. A black sedan pulls up to the curb and a male gets out. This was common for this time of night. Swiftly I move behind the male and catch him off guard, using a vice grip on his neck to knock him out and shove him back inside the car.- Drive and don’t come back. -The driver floors it as soon as I close the door.I shove my hands I’m my jacket and continue across the street.  My feet are silent as I walk across the street and into the building. My heart pounding in anticipation of what was to come. Rhazor had no idea I was coming for him. The male was an arrogant SOB if I ever saw one and he definatly had it coming. I climb the stairs and knock on the door, keeping my hand on my blade that was tucked in the small of my back. Patiently I wait until I hear the click of the lock and the squeak of the door.- “Bout damn time you show up. I need more to keep this one contained” -He steps back as he opens the door and I walk in, keeping my head low.- “Where’s the goods man?” -I glance up with just my eyes and all but snarl at him- Oh I got your goods alright fucker! -My body reacts before I think and I pin him to the wall, my forearm pressed into his throat.- You will pay for killing my family you cock sucker! -Clenching my other fist I connect it to his jaw, splitting his lip before I am thrown off him. Where had the bodyguard come from? Shaking my head I get to my feet and bull rush the guard, slamming him to the ground. He counters and gets a few good hits in before a gun shot goes off and I feel a burning in my shoulder. Glancing back I see Rhazor with a gun aimed at my head. I look to where my blade is before turning to the guard and breaking his neck.- “I should have made sure you died with your whore of a shellan that night. You know she begged me not to hurt your brat. She offered to come back to me if I left your son alone. -I started to move for my blade almost reaching it when another shot rang out, this time hitting my thigh.- “Don’t move or the next one is in your head” -I held up my hands hoping he would keep spouting lies, fueling the rage that was building inside me.- “She always was a good fuck. Liked it rough. Not like the one I have now that just cries.” -he shakes his head and walks around me in a circle, keeping the gun aimed level with my head.- ” You really think I wouldn’t have guards? You’ve gotten soft in the time you were mated. Let me ask you… do you know that it was me she was thinking about while she fucked you?” -that was the last straw. I lunged at Rhazor, trying to wrestle the gun out of his hands and get to my blade. A few shots went off in the scuffle. If I was hit again I didn’t feel it since the adrenaline kicked in high gear. Slamming his head off the floor he finally released the gun, still clawing at my face. Yet I felt nothing. My fists pounded his jaw as I sat above him, his eyes swelling shut as I continued my assault. I reached for my blade and held it above him.- You will never hurt another female again. -Horror covered his face as he realized his end was near. I brought the blade down square in his chest, twisting it in up to the hilt. Slowly I watched then life pour out of him. Blood was pooled around us and it was getting bigger. I slumped off him, watching him gurgle on his own blood as he took his final breath. Wiping my blade on my leathers I pulled myself up and made my way down the hall to a room I never saw light in. There I saw a young female just past her transition, bound and gagged on a bed. She looked at me in fear and screamed.- It….its ok female. I…I…will…not…hurt you. -slowly I made my way to the bed and untied her, my breath becoming shallow and my vision clouding from blood loss. I gave her some discarded clothes that were on the floor and made my way out of the flat. I needed help and fast. The fucker didn’t hit an artery which was good but between the gunshot wounds and the pounding I took from the guard I was not going to be conscious much longer. Why didn’t I drive? Hobbling across the street I dug my phone out of my pocket and dialed the first name I found. As I waited for someone to answer I closed my eyes and sent a silent prayer to Hannah.- I did it Nalla….I avenged you and Rhocco. I love….-the loss of blood finally claimed me as darkness set in and took me under- 
V: Tonight I ventured out on my own, I know shit was bad with the recent attacks but I was getting too antsy to stay inside any longer. I chose to take the Escalade, better to be prepared than not I thought and who knew anymore what we were going to find. I steered clear of the usual spots because with the attacks the Lesser had went outside of their normal routine and we had to do the same. I found myself near one of the locations on the more up to do parts of the city. It was quiet for it to be this early but again most of the humans that lived in these homes worked day time jobs and had early evenings. I was just turning the corner when my diamond eyes caught onto something way the fuck out of the ordinary around these parts. Warning bells went off and I ignored then as I pulled the SUV over and parked it not far from the fallen male I’d spied. As always I had my Mhis up and my blade in hand. His blood was thick in the air and from that alone I knew he was one of our kinds. Still that didn’t mean it was all safe and sound so when I reached him I was cautious. I kneeled down close to him and in the dark I could not make out much as far as what he looked like but I could tell he took a beating and had some open wounds. It didn’t take much to figure out he was out cold. I slid my blade in my holster and with a set of metal cuffs I secured his hands behind his back before I heaved him up and over my shoulder. I wasn’t going to take the chance of being in the middle of helping this male and having him coming to and pulling a weapon on me. Yeah that shit wasn’t about to happen so even when I loaded him in the back of the Escalade I secured his hands to the bar I had installed over head just for this very reason. Once I was satisfied all was good I got back behind the steering wheel and high tailed it to Havers. I even shot a 911 txt to the medical facility to let them know to be ready,and when I pulled up in the back of the large building they were already out there with a stretcher and three on board ready for anything. I left the keys dangling in the ignition and went around to the back of the SUV where I motioned them to bring the stretcher to. He was still out cold but his blood was even thicker now that it had been soaking into the back of my Escalade. I made quick work of un-bounding him and helping with loading the male onto the stretcher. Before the last RN bounded away to follow after the wounded male I told her the Brotherhood wants an update on his condition as soon as there was one. I needed to make sure that this had nothing to do with Lesser and I was almost sure it didn’t, there was no scent, sign or anything but again I wasn’t going to just except that. She nodded without looking up at my face and quickly bounded in through the back door. Well I didn’t find any Lesser but at least one of our own wasn’t left on the roadside for the sun to come up and take them out. So I took it as a win/win night as I headed back to the Manse.
Havers: /I had a full night of charting ahead, and with the attacks on our kind at some sort of standstill, we were light in the late night hours. The Brotherhood didn’t usually come to us for minor wounds, opting instead to suture and stitch themselves, and I only saw them when there was something they couldn’t handle. So, when a nurse popped her head through my door with a 911 text from a warrior, Vishous she said, I close my chart and darted to my feet./ Prep OR 1, get blood ready. What’s their ETA? /She informed me we had minutes, so I made my way out and began to ready myself. Exactly five minutes later, a gurney burst through the doors, and my trained eye went to work as they placed the male under the light/ Alright. Cuts, contusions, GSW to the shoulder and the upper thigh.. /my fingers palpated the major organs, finding no swelling or abnormalities, and I began to probe the gunshot wounds, rolling the male carefully, nodding to myself and breathing a sigh of relief./ Through and through. Sutures, hang a liter of blood and an antibiotic, and let’s get him over for an MRI. I don’t like him unconscious. /The nurses, well trained and extremely good at their jobs, packaged the wounds with gauze and started the lines, hung the IV’s, and we were on our way in no time.  Luckily, the scans showed no significant swelling to the brain, x-rays showed a few cracked ribs that would heal on their own, and I felt better about his prognosis once we’d wheeled him into a private room. Now if we had a name, we could contact his family and he’d be in better hands than ours. Just as I was walking out, the nurse informed me that the Brotherhood wanted an update on his status, and I nodded, making my way into my office to place the call. As the phone rang, I let the tension roll off my shoulders, a tension I always felt when dealing with the Brotherhood./ Hello, this is Dr. Havers Wallen. I’m calling in regard to the male you brought in tonight. He’s stable and resting. How much do you know about him and how he obtained his injuries?
V: I had made it back to the Manse was just getting ready to head into Cops and mines bedroom to greet my male when I heard the main line ring. I groaned a simple. “Fuckkkkkkk.” If we hadn’t just had our asses served to us by the Lesser with what they did to our race then I would have kept on walking into the bedroom and started what I had been thinking about since I woke up without my male next to me. Shaking my head my feet turned and I went to my office instead and was glad as fuck that it was Havers on the other end and not someone to tell us about a fuck load of trouble coming our way this close to daylight. I was sure this was the first time I was actually glad to hear the Dr’s voice, there’s always a first for everything I thought. I kicked back in my chair and lit up a hand-rolled before I answered his question. “I don’t know jack shit about the male, I found him like that and did my thing by bringing him in. Now you did yours by getting him stable. He was pretty fucked up and that is all I do know.”
Havers: Well, alright. We’ll take excellent care of him regardless. /Vishous’ tone wasn’t off putting, as I was used to the warrior’s curt ways, and I scanned the fine in front of me and closed it, nodding only to myself./ Thank you for bringing him in. I’ll update you and the Brotherhood should anything change. Have a good night. /I hung up and sat back, wiping my hand down my face, and I could still smell the antiseptic on my skin. Residing myself to the few small things I had to do before I could call my night complete, I sat up and scrounged together my chart, putting the male’s chart on the bottom of my stack, and stood heavily, heading out the door to run rounds. If I could take a blood sample of our John Doe and add it to my research, I might have more answer to tell the warriors next time we spoke./
Piper: -Of course I’d fall asleep the moment Havers’ left the room, he was gone for less than five minutes, least I was willing to bet anyway, and sure enough I was out. Finally the dull throbbing that seemed to pound out some random, frantic beat settled enough to allow movement. Swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, arms stretching above my head as I grunted out a quick breath and let my ass slide off the bed. Even giving my toes a little wiggle before pulling on the new clothes I’d brought with me. The clinic was a bustle as I walked through the doors to sneak a peek, there was no denying the curiosity I had when it came to the inner workings of his clinic. Who knew. Maybe there were a few things I could “borrow” and use at the manse. One foot let the other as I explored, pausing to talk to staff, asked to take a look at supplies to see the organization tactics, then finally ending with a walk around the rooms to check on patients. I couldn’t help myself, except when I opened the last curtain to see a rather large, overly beaten and badly broken male on the bed. I found myself staring at his swollen face, trying to figure out if it was someone I actually knew-
Havers: /Chart in hand, I walk into our John Doe’s room, my head lifting just in time to see Piper at his bedside. I don’t say anything at first, tilting my head to the side and watched her stare down at his face. Quietly, and with a smile, I walk up to the foot of his bed and begin to read through the chart, keeping my voice down/ He came in last night. Vishous found him on the street. We’re unclear of who he is. Do you recognize him? /I read through his stats, nodding approvingly. His levels were good, his vitals were stable, and as I walked over and pulled back his dressings, I saw he was healing nicely…but still unconscious./
Piper: -My head shook in reply to your question as I let my gaze linger a few moments longer before walking over slowly to take my own peek- No clue at all. And you say V brought him in? -My brow lifted some as I peered down into the chart- Any clue as to who did this to him? -My eyes drifted again, towards random blood work and whatever tests Havers’ was currently looking at.-
Havers: /I pass the chart to Piper, letting her see his test results and such. I shake my head and scrub my hand down my face, looking over the John Doe again./ No clue. Vishous just found him this way. /I stand a moment, placing a hand on his leg and saying a small prayer to the Scribe Virgin./ All we can do is wait till he wakes. Stay as long as you like. I’ll want to check that leg in few days, okay? /nodding, squeezing her arm and walking out, reaching up to rub the back of my neck. It had been a long night./
Piper: -Flipping through the chart, I rested on the edge of the bed nodding in reply to Havers’ request- I think I can fit that into my busy schedule, Havers. Thank you again for this. I’ll put his chart back when I’m done -I watched as he left, smiling softly. There was nothing wrong with a little light reading before back to the manse.-

No comments:

Post a Comment