Thursday, March 20, 2014

Stakeout


Butch: -All of the Brothers had always had a need to kill lesser. That had only been amped up by the recent deaths of so many civilians. It was what tied us together. But tonight I was after something else entirely. My goal was to find out anything that I could about where the forelesser was hiding out. My conversation with Throe hadn’t helped me out much at all but at least it was doing something. I felt that so long as I moved forward with everything that I would eventually get what I was after. I was paired up with Phury tonight which was fine by me. At least with him I knew that I wouldn’t catch any flack if I suddenly decided to put my life on the line by doing something incredibly stupid. I kind of had a habit of doing shit like that. I knew it irritated Vishous and honestly I didn’t blame the poor guy. It was kind of written into my make up somewhere that I would risk life and limb on a hunch if I thought the goal worthy enough. And this goal was definitely worthy. I geared up to the teeth in an arsenal that would put most militaries to shame and waited in the Escalade for Phury. I couldn’t be certain but I think that it was all hands on deck tonight and for the next foreseeable future. We all had a portion of town, no more just going to the usual haunts. They had shown us that they could spread out all over the place and that is what we were going to do as well. Within each section we were made well aware of where the vampires were. Well, at least the ones we knew about. That way we could at least try to protect the ones that were still alive. I turned on some music to try to get my brain to shut up for a minute. The more I let my mind wander, the crazier my ideas became. At one point I even entertained the idea of repeating the process that had turned me into a lesser. I had Vishous to thank for tossing the idea in the garbage. I still remembered the look on his face when he saw me with pale hair. I’d given up on it all and there he was to pull me out of the mix once again. My eyes closed and I rested my head back. No sleep for me. Probably not the best way to go out there but what are ya gonna do?-

Phury: *My steps slow as I walk down the tunnel past the gym and PT suit and head towards the garage, pulling on my leather jacket to help settle it over my shoulders. The extra weapons I was carrying well hidden but causing the jacket to be more bulky in places, not to mention the throwing stars I was now packing, not my usual taste but right now the more the merrier. The Lessers had up their game and it was our turn to return the favour, just the thought of Tess or anyone I knew lying dead with their hearts torn out was enough to send me on a killing spree. The Fade ceremony had hit it home to me how easy all of a sudden the Lessers were able to get to us, had we dropped our guards so much? Or was something else going on that we just weren’t seeing? Pulling out my Glock and checking it then putting it back in, my shitkickers loud in the quiet of the tunnel. Pushing open the last door into the garage and hearing the music coming at me, turning my head to the left to see Butch in the Escalade. Frowning as I jog over, I wasn’t late but by the look on cop’s face he was ready to be moving and not waiting on my ass. Jogging around the front of the Escalade tapping the bonnet then getting in the passenger side, muttering a few curses in the old language as my extra ammunition and throwing stars dig into my backside and thighs. Grunting as I pull at the throwing stars till the the move around on the belt more to the each side leaving my back free form being stabbed by them, giving up on making my thighs more comfortable as I have no where else to put my spare ammunition clips. At last clipping the seatbelt closed as I feel the Escalade vibrate around me, the music loud and thumping in my ears, for the life of me I don’t understand my brothers insane infatuation with the noise they all call music. Turning to look at Butch close up and if looked just like all of us, over worked, over stressed, over used. A handful of us and a seemingly endless supply of Lessers for us to fight, hell they were odds even the Omega can bet on* So cop, you, me and your music for the night. Your driving so I am calling shotgun on the night, because right now our normal patrols aren’t cutting it so I say lets try some plain old human detective work?

Butch: -I cast a weary gaze at Phury as he got in the Escalade. If I didn’t know any better I would say that he had actually tried to shove his stump up his butt for how much he was wiggling around.- Are you settled now, Princess? -My brow arched in amusement, he was probably the only one that ever actually put on his seatbelt. I would say that it was a statement on my driving but I was pretty sure he did it all the time. So very law abiding of him.- My car, my music. And fuck yes I’m driving cause I’m the only damn one that can’t pop around like Samantha on Bewitched. -I was just about ready to pull out when I heard the last thing that Phury said. My hand hovered over the gear shift and I turned to look at the Brother. His statement came dangerously close to what my thoughts had been the whole time and I wondered what had put him on that line of thinking.- How exactly do you perceive ‘plain old human detective work’? Cause when I was doing it that involved a lot of smacking people around to get ‘em to tell you what you needed to know. Granted that wasn’t the extent of it but I’m curious how you see it. If it involves eating a lotta donuts and swilling coffee I will clock ya, so help me.

Phury: *Muttering at Cop’s comment, they all made fun of me most nights I was just waiting for the ‘Safety first’ jokes. All because I used the seatbelt and have a different taste in music, but the ‘Princess’ crack was new and I had to admit that I did most likely look like I was making a body grove in the Escalade seat. Closing my mouth as I cock my head to look at Butch, a slow smile playing on my lips* Yes, yes, yes, your car your choice of music, but I have to say I can’t believe you hard man cop. Staunch supporter of the Soxs has watched Bewitched! *My laugh was short lived as I listen to Butch, my frown plan on my face* Cop it is more that I have done everything I can think of to get to the bottom of what the Lessers are doing right now. I will not lie I have heard the jokes about cops and donuts, but for the jokes humans have been policing themselves for years. I watch the news and seen the serial killers caught by cops just doing their job. *Shrugging my shoulders as I turn in my seat to stare out the windscreen, my elbow leaning on the door of the Escalade* Cop I have fought for years and still the Lessers come, I would give anything right now to be able to hurt them as they have just hurt us. So if you want to throw a punch my way for that so be it, but the night is passing us by so can we get moving first.

Butch: My ma liked the show. It was on all the time. Though come to think of it I suppose you all are more like Jeannie. Them two shows were pretty much the same except ‘I Dream of Jeannie’ had a much better costume. Know what I mean? -My eyebrows waggled and I laughed.- I woulda totally hit that. -I pulled the SUV out of the garage and waved a dismissive hand at Phury.- I forget sometimes that you don’t have a sense of humor. -I pointed the vehicle the way we were supposed to be headed and just kinda autopilotted the whole drive.- So, speaking of detective work, I talked to that guy you all brought in the other night. What was his name? Vomit? Upchuck? No, don’t tell me… Throw. Anyways… talked to him and he left me with a fat lotta nothing to go on aside from the fact that it makes his lady parts tingle to think that we are actually going out here to dig up something. -I let out a huff and cranked the wheel on a sharp turn.- Instinct tells me just to beat the info outta these fuckers but I don’t honestly know what the hell that’s going to tell us, if anything at all. Most of the damn albinos live in fear of their ‘great lord and master’. -I shrugged.- Can’t say as I blame them. He does leave a lasting impression. -A shiver ran over me and I pushed down real deep, hoping that Phury hadn’t noticed. Another harsh turn on the wheel and the Escalade was parked.- Let the games begin!

Phury: *My laugh loud as I shake my head, of all the things for the cop to admit to. I Dream of Jeannie just about top of my ‘they will never admit to it’ list, the comment about hitting it stilling my humor as watch Butch’s face* Cop you are making salacious comments about a human female, do you really think that at your young age you would have been able to HIT THAT! *My grunt my only comment on my lack of humor, my yellow eyes locked on the road. Nodding as I listen to cop’s words on meeting with Throe, my eager ears happy that the bastard had at least tried to help Butch. Turning to look at Butch as his words sink in, trying to keep my laughter out of my voice* Cop it’s not THROW, his name is Throe. *Giving up and just laughing hard almost cracking my head on the side window as the Escalade takes a turn, steadying myself with my hand on the dashboard. Taking a deep breath to get my head back in the game, watching the buildings fly past as we speed to our destination* I’m all for a little Lesser beating but is it getting us anywhere ? *Turning to look at Butch, noticing a shiver run through him at the mention of the Omega. Turning back to look out the side window, we all have our demons, but cop’s could really kill us all. Gripping the dash as if my life depended on it as Butch turns us into a parking space I was sure wasn’t there, prying my fingers free as I step out of the Escalade* OK cop your show tonight, do we just patrol or you got a plan?

Butch: -I cast a knowing smirk over at Phury.- I know what the guy’s name is… -Tapping my temple with my finger- Cop brain doesn’t forget a perp. I just like making fun of it. -I flashed a wink and jumped out of the SUV. I raised my hands over my head and arched out my back with a loud pop before dropping my arms again and shaking them out.- So I did some research on this scrap of land we were put in charge of… -I rolled my head and popped my neck while I was in the mood to loosen up a bit.- And it seems that we have a vampire runned gas station over there on the corner. -I nodded my head toward the thing rather than look stupid and point at it.- I say that instead of running around like chickens with our heads cut off we cop a squat over there… -Nodding my head once more to indicate a hole in the wall diner.- Drink lots of coffee and maybe even eat a few donuts while we wait for the fucks to come to us. -A smile widened across my face, especially since we had /just/ talked about this very thing.- Good old fashioned stake out. Now that’s some real detective work there. -I was barely holding back my laughter at this point.- Ooooorrr… we could patrol the whole area and hope that we get lucky and are there when they try to hit some more civilians. -I pursed my lips and stuck my hands in my pockets, rocking back on my heels like I hadn’t planned this the whole time.-

Phury: *Laughs as I watch the cop stretch and crack all sorts of bones and muscles, I should have known he was only pulling my leg at Throe’s expense. Running my hand through my hair as I listen to Butch, his human cop background really shining through, I had looked at a map of our new route were he looked up members of our race leaving in the area as well. My eyes following Butch’s nodding head and looking down the road to the gas station, then to the diner a short laugh leaving my chest at his plan* So cop I am not allowed make jokes about cops and donuts yet you want us to sit around and eat said donuts while we do the real police work? Good old fashioned detective work my ass. *My shoulders shaking as I try to hold in my laughter as I look at the smile on Butch’s face, holding up my hands to stop cops words, his whole lost boy scout look as he almost rock in front of me not fooling me for a minute* Ok I will give on this, as I said I have been patrolling for years and you are right. It is pot luck most of the time when we meet Lessers. *Looking at the diner and then over to the gas station, my yellow eyes glowing* You know what cop I feel in the mood for some bad coffee and sugary donuts. *Laughing softly as I walk off my shitkickers pounding the pavement as with quick steps I walk up to the door of the dinner, pulling open the door and standing back as I eye Butch* But first round is on you cop, I hope you brought enough cash as I don’t think this diner takes mine.

Butch: Just to put this on the table though… -Following after Phury- … I’m not saying that this plan will work. So you know, if it all goes to shit no pointing fingers at me and saying it was my fuck up. But on the other hand, if it goes right… totally my idea. All of it. You’d be a lost motherfucker if it weren’t for me and I should get a medal or something for being such a damn genius. -I laughed and ducked under Phury’s arm to sneak inside in front of him.- Oi! What the shit is wrong with your money? You carrying around Deutsche marks or something? See if I ever ask you out again. You are a lousy date sir. -Of course I said that loud enough for everyone in the place to hear and they all kind of stopped and looked at us.- What? It’s true. I bet he won’t even put out after I pay for this! -I huffed and kicked my head back as I stomped through the place. I flopped down in the bench and the thing protested loudly with giant exhale of air. I made sure to get a spot with a good view of the station across the street and then quickly turned my attention elsewhere to not appear so obvious. I’m sure that we were already causing quite the stir just by what we looked like but this place wasn’t exactly high end either. I ordered a coffee and made it seem like I was perusing the menu.-

Phury: *Walking in after Butch, my eyes roaming the dinner and the handful of customers, smiling at the waitress as she walks past on her way back behind the counter with a coffee pot. Butch’s rant about a medal drawing a short laugh from my lips, my eyes passing over tables and looking out the window at the gas station across the street* Yes cop YOUR idea, your medal. *My words stopping as I hear Butch, all sound in the dinner stopping and turning to face Butch I can feel the eyes of all customers on us. My mouth opening and closing like a fish as I watch him stomp off to a table with a view from the window facing the gas station. Taking a quick look around me at the humans and the looks they were giving me, muttering under my breath as I walk over and sat with Butch. Ordering a coffee from the waitress  and staring at Butch as he reads the menu, keeping my voice low as I hear the parting comment form the waitress. “Don’t sweat it boys as long as you don’t go holding hands or swapping spit in my diner we’re A Ok.” Why did you do that, I thought the whole idea of a stake out was to be unseen? *Rubbing the back of my neck as I move around on the bench seat closer to Butch but getting my back away from the rest of the diner, my foot stepping on Butch’s hard as I get settled* Right now everyone in this dinner will remember us. *Looking back at the customers some of whom were still eyeballing us out of it, grunting as I turn to look out the window* So much for undercover or is that what you really want? *My yellow eyes glowing as I goad Butch*  Cop mister centre stage always.

Butch: -I flashed the most charming grin I could at the waitress.- No worries there darlin. He is not near enough man for me, he just wishes he was. -I winked at Phury and even blew him a kiss.- Why don’t you just get me some of that sweeeeet apple pie I’m smelling. And of course what ever he’s having since I have to pay for his his free loading ass too. -It wasn’t until she left again that I spoke in more hushed tones to Phury.- Would just take a look at us for a cotton picking minute here? We look like two rejects fresh from a Village People concert. That or big scary biker types. Which one would you like to be right now? Ya either getcha gay on or you start really frightening the poor folk in here. I guarantee ya they’d rather think we were flaming homosexuals than giants with guns and shit. -I waggled my brows and brought up my coffee mug to hide the huge smile I had.- Oh and by all means keep calling me Cop about a dozen or so more times. I’m sure they will never catch on. I swear if you guys didn’t have your mind games that you pull on people you would never make it anywhere. -I really shouldn’t be enjoying myself as much as I was right now but riling up Phury always was so entertaining. I was halfway through my piece of pie when I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I straightened up like someone had just pulled my strings tight. I stood up from the booth and threw down some money.- Showtime. -I was out the door without even sparing a glance backward at Phury.-

Phury: *Slapping my head against my hand at my own stupidity, looking over our appearances and one would think we were either up to no good or rejects from some sordid bondaged club. Placing my hands on the table my knuckles white for clenching my fists, my eyes down on the table as Butch chewed me out over my slip of my tongue. Nodding to Butch my voice low* Sorry Co… *Mutters* I mean Butch or should I just go ahead and call you my love muffin, as that is the best way forward right now. I’m good but I don’t want to have to fight off the humans in here over our choice of clothes, bikers indeed. *Picking a piece of pie from Butch’s plate after the waitress had brought it to him my eyes looking down the street away from the gas station, turning as I sensed the change in Butch watching as he stands up almost like a puppet on strings. Standing and waving a goodbye to the waitress as she watches us, most likely to make sure we had paid. Butch’s ‘Showtime’ not needed as I look past him as I left the diner to the gas station and the trio of white haired Lessers at an SVU parked at one of the pumps, bringing my eyes back to Butch as I keep my voice low* Looks like you were right cop showtime it is! I’ll swing around that building and cut through the alleyway, I will meet you at the gas station. *Taking off on silent feet, crossing the street and running away from the gas station to the edge of the apartment block and the alleyway, pulling out my daggers as I take the turn at the end of the alleyway, looking around as I head to the street the edge of the gas station just in sight. Stopping at the alleyway mouth as I look across the road, my eyes taking in the Lessers and the gas station attend before stepping out and crossing the street*

Butch: -It was a cinch that this wasn’t going to go down out in broad view of the public. Or was it? My arrogant steps faltered for a heartbeat as I thought about all of the civilians that had been left out on display.- Ohhhhh you are a dumb mutherfucker, Butch… It’s a good damn thing you’re pretty. -I laughed at myself and sauntered up to the opposite side of the SUV, the one I wouldn’t be readily seen from. A dagger was quickly in my hand and I stabbed it into the back tire. There was a loud hiss accompanied by a shout. ‘Hey! What the hell are you doing?!’ I popped up and flashed a big old grin at the lesser.- Hey there boys! Let’s play! -I took out my guns and started filling the lesser full of lead knowing full well that I was driving them in Phury’s direction. I hoped to God he was paying attention cause this place was going to hot with cops in no time flat. I only hoped that there would be one left over that I could creatively question. I shouted out at them to get them moving exactly where I wanted them to go. One would veer off to the side and I would strongly discourage him with a hole in his side.- We gotta be fast Phury! This is gonna get ugly soon. Leave me one to have fun with!

Phury: *The sound of gunfire loud or was it that I was running towards it, watching the Lessers coming my way as I moved. Butch’s gun doing its job of corralling the in my direction, my only main worry was that we were all out in the open. One quick glance past the Lessers and Butch to the dinner and I could see movement inside, Butch’s request causing my to laugh out loud as I jumped the first Lesser, the one Butch had shot, pulling both his arms behind him till I heard the pop of his shoulder blades. Kicking him forward knocking into one Lesser as I gutted the last, my taste for hurting them all first new to me but after all the murders of late it seemed right. Stabbing their heart right off was too easy, to kind to them, I needed them to suffer as our race had. Growling low as I kick the first Lesser with the poped shoulder blades closer to Butch, the only standing Lesser in front of me, cocking my head as I yell out to Butch* Floppy arms on the ground is all yours cop, but we need to hurry I saw movement in your diner of choice. *With quick practiced movements I punch the Lesser repeatedly, each punch was followed by my hand with my dagger, the ground around us was splashed with The Lessers blood as at last I grab his coat. Taking a few punches to my ribs as I pull the Lessers wallet free then stab him through the heart, grunting at the flash turning and slipping in the black oily blood of the Lesser on the ground that I gutted moving towards him. My yellow eyes locked on my prize, the Lesser wasn’t looking at me, he was trying to hold his intestines inside of his body. Kicking his hands free as I kneel down over him into his black bloody innards, slicing deep with my dagger at the top of each of his arms cutting the muscle so his arms hung loose. My ears picking up the sound of cop sirens heading our way, without looking to see what Butch was up to I call out* Times up cop we need to beat feet and fast. *My smile one of pure hatred as I pull the Lessers wallet from his jeans back pocket, placing my dagger over the space where his heart should have been. Slowly pushing my dagger in bit by bit, the look in the Lessers eyes as he starts to scream like a stuffed pig was one of fear. At the last minute turning my head to shield my eyes from the flash, standing up and wiping my dagger on my leathers than putting it away the two wallets in my other hand* I mean it cop you ready?

Butch: -Our plan had worked for the most part except for the fact that we were entirely too much out in the open. What I wouldn’t give for V’s mhis right about now. My head flipped around when Phury mentioned the diner and I cursed a blue streak.- Shit, this is gonna be close. -I tucked my guns away and knelt down to the lesser that Phury had kicked toward me. He was having no small amount of difficulty with his arms and wasn’t that just entertaining. I held him with his back flat on the pavement and dug my elbow into his shoulder, that nice spot just below the collarbone. I shifted my entire weight into it and he screamed out like I knew he would.- Now that I have your attention, let’s talk forelesser. -He instantly shook his head and his gaze darted quickly from side to side. I slapped him square across the jaw and pointed my finger at him.- Pay attention! You’re gonna die anyway so do something good with your damn miserable existence and just tell me where the fucker is and I’ll make it quick instead of dragging you behind my car. -The pale asshole thought it funner to hiss at me so I helped him make up his mind by sticking my finger into his bullet wound at his side. He screamed and squirmed so I laid into his shoulder harder to keep him where he was.- Oh! That has to hurt. It’s oozing real good, you should see it. -He rolled his eyes almost like he was tired of my stupidity and flicked his eyes away again. This time I noticed that he was looking at the SUV that I had just given a flat tire.- Shiiiiiit!… Seriously?! -He let out a relieved breath like he was glad that I was finally catching on. I heard the sirens approaching and Phury’s shouts for me to hurry up but my gaze was fixed on the vehicle in front of me. The door opened and it was like a shock of electricity ran straight up my spine. All thoughts of the lesser below me were given up when I saw the bastard step out of the SUV.- FORELESSER!!! -The word ripped from my throat as I charged forward. The guy clearly saw me and didn’t really give a fuck. He was in no hurry to get away from me, he even stopped to straighten his coat out. He was probably in his late thirties when he was turned but his hair was stark white now so it made him look much older. Tall, athletic with a gigantic ego that exuded outward. My guns found my palms again and I raised them to take aim. This was the one that had been responsible for all of the terrible deaths and it wasn’t going to end until the forelesser was dead. I was distantly aware of the door opening and closing on the opposite side of the vehicle but I didn’t stop to ponder who or what it might be. My focus was entirely on the forelesser. My finger was on the trigger when I felt icy fingers slide into my mind. Thoughts and images instantly invaded my conscious. Memories dragged up from the darkest parts of my mind took over and I dropped down to the ground right where I was. I dropped the guns and curled into myself, my hands came up to claw at my head almost as if I could rip the images from my skull. Bugs… Bugs crawled up my skin, biting every inch that they found. I was back there, in the symphath colony. Chains from the ceiling held me dangling off of the floor in some dank cave. The whole place moved with scorpions, spiders and millipedes. The last time I was here Vishous had been chained up directly opposite me and I was almost scared to see if he was there this time as well. I slowly rolled my head and looked at the space he had been in. My breath caught in my lungs and I screamed out at what I saw. My Hellren was there alright… but he was dead. And he had died long ago from the looks of it. Bugs crawled in and out of his body, dropping out of his empty eye sockets and wiggling between his teeth. I yelled so loud and long that eventually my voice gave out.-

Phury: *My head whipping around when I hear Butch screaming, the humans coming out of the diner forgotten as I see another Lesser and a Symphath. My mind reeling as I look from them down to the ground to where Butch was curled up in a ball screaming like he was on fire. Looking back to the gas station seeing the scared faces of two of our race staring out at me, back to the diner and the humans now on the sidewalk. Then looking straight ahead of me, one Lesser down on the ground using his legs to try and push himself towards another Lesser and a Symphath with Butch between both lost to his now constant screams. Running towards Butch pulling my dagger out again, dropping to my knee and stabbing the Lesser on the ground through the heart. Turning my head away from the flash my eyes falling on the two cop cars pulling across the road blocking the gas station in, standing up as the cops start yelling at us all. “Stop, hands where they can be seen!” My yellow eyes locking on the other Lessers and the Symphath as I jog up to Butch, crouching down, Butch’s screams piercing my heart as he doesn’t seem to even know where he is. Covering Butch’s body with mine as a bullet passes over our heads and hits the SVU, the yells from the cops drawing my attention as they fire again but not at us at the other Lesser and the Symphath. Growling out as I drag Butch with me over to the door to the gas station, taking a last look behind me as I close the door. Turning to the two males behind the counter my voice loud over Butch’s screams, my hands grabbing Butch under the armpits as I back up towards the back of the gas station* You know who we are? *Watching their nods and panicked looks from us to the window, following with my own eyes seeing one cop car chasing after the fleeing Lesser and Symphath. The other cops walking towards the gas station guns still drawn, looking down at Butch still screaming and hunched almost into a ball between my hands. Turning back to the two males, then looking around the gas station, a toilet and closet and a back door. Muttering to myself as I realise there is no way I am getting Butch away from the cops in this state, looking back to the two males as I pull open the broom closet* I’m locking this and you two are telling the cops we both ran out the back door, can you cover up the sound of his screams for me? *Dragging Butch into the closet and closing the door, locking the door with my mind the sound of Butch’s screams almost muted. Running out the back door, the cops coming in the front, the sound of music covering cop’s screams. Backing up against the wall of the gas station, slowing down my breathing as I scan the area. Dematerialising to the rooftop of the diner, looking down and through the window of the gas station. Watching as the one cop runs out the back the other out the front jumping into into the cop car and tacking of around the gas station, waiting for a few minutes then dematerialising down to the street beside the Escalade. Muttering as I try to open the door, turning to make sure all the humans had gone back into the diner. Sliding into the Escalade and fishing the keys from the viser, turning the key starting the engine, pulling out across the road and into the gas station. Jumping out of the Escalade and into the gas station, unlocking the door to the broom closet, pulling the door open and hauling Butch out, his voice sounding hoarse* Cop come on buddy work with me here, I could really use your smart ass comments right about now. *Throwing Butch up over my shoulder and running back out to the Escalade, opening the back door and dropping Butch onto the seat. Running around the front of the Escalade, getting in behind the wheel and hitting the gas before I even have the door closed. Spinning the wheels as I tear out of the gas station, my mind working over time as I talk back over my shoulder to Butch* Cop you need to stop screaming for a minute, we’re heading back to the Mansion and if Vishous hears you like this he is going to kill me. *Leaving behind the last of Caldwells traffic lights, Butch’s screams the only sound as we speed towards the Mansion. Passing through each gate my hands tapping the steering wheel, Butch’s screams getting more hoarse. Pulling up to the front of the Mansion and swinging around to the pit, sitting in the Escalade and staring out the windshield my own voice low* Well cop here we are, home sweet home. Now do we knock or play hide and seek forgiveness. *Getting out of the Escalade, I turn off the engine, pull open the back door and look at Butch* Ok cop here we go, I wish you could do this yourself. *Dragging Butch into my arms his screams seeming overly loud in the stillness around us, walking over to the pit and punching in the code. Calling out as I place Butch down on the sofa, propping some sports magazines under him to stop him rolling off* Vishous you here man? *Looking down at Butch then taking out my phone, sending a text to Vishous. - Man get back to the Pit Cop needs you.- Rubbing the back of my neck, calling Fritz* Hey Fritz can you send someone down to sit with Cop I need to sort out the Escalade. *Looking back down to Butch as I hang up, sighing* Cop I love you but damn I am out before Vishous sees you. *Almost running out of the pit when Fritz gets there, my only thought was saving my own hide*

No comments:

Post a Comment