Thursday, March 20, 2014

Welcome Home Sis


Piper
-Things were quiet around here, or at least they were for me. I’d heard a few rumbles of things that went down but until I heard them from someones lips I was choosing to ignore them. Currently I had been squatting in the kitchen, the visit to Havers’ left me with a few questions but it also made me realized the last time I ate was….well I don’t even know. I know #Matilda brought me some watermelon yet for the life of me I couldn’t remember if I’d actually taken a bite, and my search through the kitchen came up empty handed leaving me with the largest pout. It was my happy fruit. Yeah. Go ahead and add it to the strange column in the great life of Piper book. Begrudgingly I made a sandwich, ate it and sat at the table half expecting one to just appear.- Hmm…-I looked around the room, arching a brow at the idea owning my thoughts- I could do it couldn’t I? -A slight grin took hold as I let turned in my seat and lifted both hands before me, shooting one last look around the kitchen before letting my eyes close. My fingers flexed in anticipation, I could feel exactly what Carter talked about when he described it too me all those times. It was like lightning in your fingertips, raw power surging through them to combined with the elements. Both eyes opened as I mumbled softly to myself to watch the air between my palms change, swirls of vibrant green and neon pink danced to form the basic outline of the fruit I was craving so desperately. I could almost taste it on my tongue as the color deepened. Just a few more moments and I’d have exactly what I wanted-

Butch
-I admitted I was bad about coming out of the sanctuary that I called home and venturing out into the rest of the mansion. The Pit was my sanity and it always had been since V and I had commandeered it. What I did not expect when I did finally venture forth was to run into Fritz and be told that my sister was back and had been for some time now. I probably looked at the doggen like he had grown three heads.- You have got to be fucking with me right now. Where the hell is she? -Oh and to add insult to injury I find out that she just came back from Havers. I know that we weren’t exactly close but dang. Fritz pointed me in the right direction and I walked toward the kitchen, of course she was in the kitchen. I grumbled all the way there and pulled my phone out to see if I’d missed any messages. Right in front of the door I stopped and dialed Piper’s number, hearing the answering ring tone in the room, I pushed through the door.- Are your fingers painted on? You can’t frickin call your own damn brother when you make it back from a foreign country? Does everyone but me know this already? Take out a full page add then made sure that I didn’t get the memo? Maybe you forgot how to get to the Pit? Carrier pigeons! You used pigeons and they got lost. That must be why you wouldn’t ease my mind just a little frickin bit. -I stopped mid-rant when I saw whatever the fuck was going on with the tips of her fingers.- Oh now what the shit!? Seriously? You rubbed up on the Mindfreak a bit too much there I’m thinking. You came back with some of his jiz still on ya.

Piper
-I almost had it, just a few more moments and I’d have fresh “homemade” watermelon ripe for the taking. I should have heard the muffledo noise before it found it’s way into the kitchen, fucking with my focus.- Oh shit….-I would have paid any obscene amount of money t see the look not only on my own face but that of my brothers when what little form the melon had taken on all but exploded between my palms, coating us both and majority of the kitchen in melon goo. I groaned swearing I smell what could have been boiling melon before I turned around to see my brother staring back at me. A huge glop of watermelon sploodge dripping from his nose. Fuck me…I wanted to laugh so damn hard, or at least take a picture but my heart was in my throat, hands were even shaking some as I flashed an embarrassed  smile instead and shrugged- I…-Sinking back in my chair, not even bothering to move from it as I mumbled trying to remember what little I did of the questions he rifled off before the big metaphorical bang.- Don’t even know what you asked. All I heard was magical jizz and then….-I lifted my hands a little too quickly sending another glop straight into the face of my brother, squeaking out a breath while cringing. Of all the times I’d practiced with Carter and #Franco I’d never once done this.- My bad.

Butch
-I barely had time to close my eyes before I was sprayed with… god only knew what. I stood very still and gazed at Piper with narrowed eyes. I looked down at my now ruined suit and back up at her. My brow slowly arched and I exaggerated the act of pulling my handkerchief out of my front pocket and wiping my face down.- It’s not polite to jizz on your brother, Piper. I would ask if this means you are happy to see me but I think we both know the answer to that. -I looked down at myself again and couldn’t hold the straight face anymore.- I never come in this kitchen you know. And now I may never again. At least not in a fricking expensive suit that I look amazing in! -Turning around and looking over my shoulder at my own ass, pulling up my coat some.- I mean come on these slacks hug my ass perfectly.
Piper
-I snorted all too loudly, watching as my brother gazed back at his ass.- Watermelon Jizz for the win. -Slowly rising from my seat arms already spread wide to wrap around my brothers waist as I bit into my lip to keep the rambles from flowing all too quickly- I did miss you. I just….wasn’t ready to see anyone. Especially you.  -I pulled away to scramble around the kitchen grabbing every paper towel and dish rag I could find before returning- Only #Fritz knew I was home. He actually forced me to go see Havers’.  He’s much more demanding now you know he didn’t even give me a chance to stubbornly argue. And the look he gave. -I chuckled as cleaned the watermelon from my face, finally lifting my eyes to find my brothers- I’m sorry I didn’t come to see you first. And that I ruined those fine ass hugging slacks.

Butch
-I hooked an arm around the back of Piper’s shoulder and pulled her in close. No matter what I might say, she was my sister and I did miss her. I almost considered it my duty to give people a bad time especially those that were close to me.- Ahhh now look at it. It’s all squished into the fabric now. ~Ruined~ -I snagged up all the towels you brought over and at least tried to make the situation less sticky.- Soooo… Ya say you missed me but you were avoiding my ass like the plague AND you went to Havers. That bout sum it up? -Tilting my head to eye Piper- You don’t appear to injured so what gives? Your boytoy accidently let off a firework up your ass? Since you’re here I’m assuming he’s not, otherwise you got some splaining to do to the king. He never found out I was fangy did he? I thought I hid it pretty well.
Piper
-I knew I missed my brother more than I had thought the moment he hugged me in close, I just rested my head to his chest and grumbled fighting a small laugh while rubbing some just to ruin the fabric a little more.- Pretty much sums things up nicely. -Judging by the look I was getting that wouldn’t be enough. Closing my eyes I blew out a breath and just let the ramble go- Nothing went as planned in Paris, Butch. I mean some things did  but…-My head just shook- some things left me feeling a little….fucked? I don’t know. -Did I really want to download the entirety of the trip at this point?- I um…did injure myself, pretty badly. And guess who I ran into at the hospital? -There was about a ten second wait time before I continued, I knew full well if I didn’t get it out I wouldn’t.- Our dear ol’ dad. He was the attending when I came in. -Sighing softly, lazily making the motion of wiping off my shirt for show more than purpose as I mumbled- Carter left. Went to China to find a way to help me further. But he…he just left. Just a note. That’s when I panicked and came home all too fast. Pulled the stitches and that’s why #Fritz directed me to Havers. He didn’t give me any option. It was that or he’d wake you. And I wasn’t quite ready to face you, or anyone for that matter.

Butch
-I pulled up a chair and decided to sit down for whatever was going to come up next. I pretty much expected half of what Piper said. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that Captain Sparklyhands wasn’t hanging around anymore and I supposed that would leave someone feeling rather fucked if they went off to Paris with them. China was a strange place to run off to but I didn’t question it since he was gone and no longer my problem. It was the little bit about Dad?… I wasn’t sure that I heard her right but I figured I had since she glossed over it so quickly. My eyes narrowed and I coulda sworn it was like I was sitting across the interrogation table again. I skipped right to the last part cause it was actually the one that stuck in my craw the most.- You weren’t ready to face me… Because I’m such a terrible brute who wouldn’t support you or just cause I’d make fun of you for pulling your own stitches out? -I had to make light of it. But still it struck me as strange.- You sure that was your Dad?

Piper
-I was relieved when you didn’t stay around the subject of Carter for long, I still hadn’t quite dealt completely with him leaving yet. Instead I opted for my regular go to. Denial. Groaning as I shifted some before resting back against the island beside you, nodding slowly- I wasn’t ready for the questions, I didn’t even want to see my own damn self. I wanted to hide. I feel like everytime I have something I love…I let it slip away. -I closed my eyes, inhaling a few breaths to keep from blubbering. I already splattered him with jizz I’m sure the last thing he wanted was waterworks to top the howdy off. Clearing my throat, then mumbled while I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt- I’m sure. He…told me. Apologized…and -Lifting my head to look at you, shrugging both shoulders- said he had to do what was best for me. I don’t…-Great here came the hands, I had grown accustomed to motions while trying to communicate in Paris. French was not my forte.- I haven’t processed everything. You could say I’ve been avoiding thinking at all. -Swallowing hard I shook my hands out of nervousness- Do I want to ask what happened here? #Fritz avoided the subject when I arrived saying..-Dropping my voice to mimic the old Doggens voice-…Havers first. Then I’ll tell you

Butch
Hiding might sound pretty but it’s never really the answer is it? Hell most times it only makes things worse. -My fingers itched toward a cigarette but I did have some manners when it came to smoking in Fritz’s kitchen. So I reached into my pocket and pulled out a stick of gum instead, flipping another one to Piper across the counter. I carefully unfolded the gum from the wrapper and stuck it in my mouth.- Hey now, you love me don’t cha? And I ain’t goin no where so stop it with the slipping away shit. -I wiped down some of the counter and leaned an elbow on it. Not that wiping it down would help get me any cleaner. I tried to imagine what a conversation with dear old dad must have been like. I’d never met the guy personally so I wouldn’t have any idea. It was likely that he didn’t know about me. Or my long, lost twin… I shook off the thought.- How do you feel about that? About what he said I mean? I mean to me it sounds like a bullshit excuse to walk out on family but I wasn’t looking him in the eye at the time or I mighta decked him. -I folded the foil perfectly in half, opened it back up and then divided it into fourths. I would keep folding the thing until it had perfect little squares and then even divide those on the diagonal. An old habit of mine.- Honestly what hasn’t happened here? -huffing out a laugh- Lesser stepping up their game is all it is really. Buncha innocents died and everyone is taking it bad. Kisa brought home a bastard. Same shit, different day… night… Whatever…

Piper
-I nodded, he was right. I couldn’t keep thinking everyone I loved would leave, it would eat me alive. I needed to focus on the ones I had, the ones who were always there and never wavered. My brother. The others. They’d never left. I could only shrug when the questions about dad were asked, I even groaned a little before mumbling- I…don’t know how to feel. He lied. And then suddenly shows up saying he had to do it to protect me? My heart wants to believe everything he said, but my brain…says I shouldn’t -I fidgeted some with the goo on the table, eyes watching as your hands worked the wrapper into submission. It took a minute. Ok a little longer for the last sentence to sink in. Kisa…brought home a bastard? Civilians died? What the hell. My head lifted, lit with concern and confusion- Wait…Kisa. Did her and Wrath have a fight and that’s what you mean? Or an actual…bastard? -I blinked, then again and one more time before swallowing the lump in my throat- How many were lost? Is everyone ok here? We didn’t lose anyone right? -I reached out to rest my hand over my brothers, squeezing slightly- I’m sorry I wasn’t here.

Butch
-I put another couple of folds on the wrapper and glanced up at Piper.- I notice that you didn’t stay in Paris to hash it out with dear ole dad either though. So aside from being someone who walks away from family, he’s also a liar… Awesome… Can’t wait to meet him. -I got up to grab a glass of water, took a sip and came back over toward Piper setting the glass down next to her. I picked up a cloth and dipped the end into the water. My hand came up under Piper’s chin and I turned her face so that I could see it and wiped the mess off of it with the cloth.- Kisa /actually/ brought home a Bastard. Dunno bout a fight but I hear rumors there was some mess. I don’t usually poke my head into that kinda stuff. Just like I wouldn’t want people to know every time V and I got pissed at each other. -I re wet the cloth and turned Piper’s face this way and that to get at all of the spots.- We didn’t lose anyone from here though it was a close one with Kisa. And you can thank the Bastard for that one. -I grinned and finally stepped back.- He’s funny, you should talk to him. Though I think he’s a little sweet on me. I should let him down easy I think.

Piper
-I couldn’t help but smile at the gentle nature my brother possessed when I least expected, it eased me completely. And honestly. I missed moments like this. Of course if food fights and watermelon jizz were going to become habits #Fritz would probably beat us both. I shrugged both shoulders closing my eyes as you finished- He…didn’t really seem to care. I don’t know. But hopefully neither of us will see him again anytime soon. -I needed a second, a minute maybe I wasn’t sure- I really shouldn’t have left. As soon as I clean up here I’ll find her and just…ya know have a girly moment. You probably don’t wanna know more than that. -I chuckled softly reaching out to return the favor of a clean face, except a little more….or less dainty like- So that’s who the blonde gargantuan is in the PT? I guess since he…saved her I should give him the good drugs and nice bedside manner?  -I gave the tip of your nose one last wipe, smiling- Everything’s ok with you though right?

Butch
-It still seemed odd to me that I shared a dad with this person in front of me. The guy that I had grown to hate for all of those years actually made sense to me now. Of course he blamed me for everything, I wasn’t his.- Ah funny, I’m the bastard… -My brow wrinkled when I realized I said that out loud and I shut up a minute to let Piper clean my face.- Your going away didn’t cause any of this mess and it couldn’t have kept it from happening either so don’t go down that road. Besides, how often is it you get to see Paris? -I found it hard to keep my mouth shut and the next part just kind of blurted out.- Ya gonna blow him too? I bet he’d really like that. -I ducked out of the way before I got smacked and high tailed it toward the door.- When has everything been ‘ok’ with me? I’m crazy as hell remember. -I threw her a wink before ducking out of the door. Belatedly yelling back to her.- Welcome home Sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment