Thursday, March 20, 2014

Questioning The Prisoner


Butch: -Ever since we had been called out to pick up all of those bodies I had been itching to get back out there. I think everyone was feeling the same thing to tell you the truth. It was like a cloud that settled over the entire mansion. I knew the truth of it though. Nothing would stop until the forelesser was found and eliminated. He was at the root of these recent attacks and if he wasn’t taken out they would just continue. You could kill the peons all day and night and still not see an end to the slaughter. Many different ideas tumbled through my mind and none of them were things that V would appreciate. I was beginning to think that whatever I did would have to be behind his back and I didn’t like the idea. I had taken out the forelesser once before, at the time it was such a simple thing. I was a lesser, I walked right into their camp and slit his stomach open before inhaling his essence. For a hot minute there I was the forelesser. Thoughts along these lines weren’t exactly going to help me right now though. I remembered what it took to get from point A to point B and it wasn’t pretty. And coming back from it… another death under my belt. It wasn’t smart to cheat death as often as I had. My other thought involved some creative questioning of lesser and from where I was standing that was probably the best plan of attack. What everyone needed was more information. I heard the whispers through the mansion that one of the guys that had rescued Kisa was now holed up with us here. Maybe he would know something. It was a long shot but it was at least doing something while the sun was up and no one could go out. After some asking around I found out where they were keeping the male and I went to his holding cell. I poked my head through the door and blinked a few times at the sight of the guy sitting there.- Well hello there. We meet again. -I came all the way into the room, closing the door behind me. I snagged up a chair and spun it around before swinging a leg over and sitting down.- Butch, in case you forgot. You’re Mr. NoneO’YourBusiness. I knew that was you the dude described as a Thor looking mutherfucker. -I put my hands on the back of the chair and rested my chin on them.- Sorry, still didn’t bring ya any chocolates or flowers. -The corner of my lip quirked up.- Such a small world this is.

Throe: -I was walking in circles around the room I was locked up in. Cabin fever was slowly setting in and I was aching to get out, but I knew it wouldn’t happen. So I walked. Stretched. Lay down on the cot and started at the ceiling. Got up and walked again. I had developed quite the routine. Once again hearing the faint sound of footsteps headed my way, I stopped my pacing and sat down in the chair, waiting as the steps slowed right in front of the room. Looking up as the door slowly opened, I wasn’t sure who I’d find headed in here until a familiar face looked in. The male from the alley, when I had come upon that wounded female was standing in the doorway, looking probably just as shocked as I did that we were coming face to face once again. As he moved inside the room and sat down before me, I crossed my arms tight over my chest and smirked as he started talking to me in the strange accent of his- I’d really hoped for some flowers. Could use a little decoration in this place. It’s a little dull for my taste. -Chuckling low and shaking my head at the irony of having him here with me now, I sighed and looked him over- Are you next on the list to question me, or did you just come by to say a quick hello?

Butch: -Looking around at the bare walls I couldn’t help but agree with the guy across from me. This room would drive me nuts in no time flat.- You could always take up finger painting. But flowers would improve the smell as well… -Wrinkling my nose at the improvised shitter in the corner.- You really stepped into it this time didn’t ya? Were you born with a giant bullseye on your back or do you just like trouble? -I laughed and then scratched my nails through the stubble on my face.- So yeah, I did want to ask ya a few questions. Though from the looks of ya not the kind that some others have been. -Nodding pointedly to the obvious knife play on your chest.- You are one of the only ones to have lived through the attacks of the other night and come out the other side with some info. I wanted to know what you could tell me bout it.

Throe: -Almost laughing at the Brother when he spoke of the room making him nuts, I silently nodded. Between the lack of airflow and what I was using as a toilet, I was practically chomping at the bits to get out of here. This room was it’s own brand of torture and it was messing with me more than the scabbed letters in my chest. Narrowing my gaze at the male, he seemed so comfortable, so sure of himself; it almost made me relax a little. Almost. I liked people who were straight to the point. The less bullshit, the better- I think that my life has turned into a series of ironic events. If I wasn’t living this shit, I’d never believe it. -Chuckling low, I shook my head and sighed- Go ahead. Ask away. I’ll help in any way I can.

Butch: -I nodded when I saw that the bastard was willing to share whatever he might know. Which was good considering the last time I met him he didn’t even want to tell me his name. I think I heard somewhere that he was called Chuck or Toss… no Throw that was it. Goofy name if you asked me but I wasn’t going to bust his balls about it.- Where these lesser that you all chopped to bits trying to punch a hole in your chest as well? Or are they limiting themselves to the weak and defenseless? Oh! And where they new? Fresh recruits with color to their hair still? Or all washed out and aged a bit? -I tilted my head and hoped that some question in here would give me an idea, something to go on.-

Throe: -Listening as the Brother rattled off question after question, I tilted my head in question, actually taking a good look at him. He looked different than last time I had seen him, although it was only in the dim light of the alley. His face was a bit paler and had prominent circles under his eyes. There was also the scent coming from him, not of a vampire but that intertwined with something else. It gave me pause, but I shook it off and focused- I did notice that the Lessers had a new focus of trying to get to the center of the chest. I wasn’t sure if it was a new fetish of theirs, of if they had a reason to be doing it. I had seen it happen several times, in civilians that I couldn’t manage to save. -Frowning deeply, I thought of the times I’d spent fighting alone, choosing that instead of fighting with the other Bastards, because my bond was no longer with them- As far as the hair? It was combined. It seemed as though the older Lessers were training newer ones right out in the field. -Shrugging my shoulders, I let my hand wander to my hair, trying to remember anything more that I could-

Butch: -I chewed on inside of my mouth trying to piece something from the grand scheme of things.- I don’t like this new direction that the lesser are taking. I mean it was bad enough when we were just out there killing them every night but when they get organized like this it means that some new forelesser thinks he’s hot shit. -I looked at the guy straight on.- You all have been fighting lesser just as long as this bunch has. Can you not think of anything that would help me get to the bottom of it? I mean, were they staking out vampires or was it all just random? -I hated random, I really hoped it wasn’t random. There had to be sense behind it somewhere I just needed to find it. The one piece of the puzzle that made everything else make sense.-

Throe: -Shaking my head solemnly as the Brother questioned me, I had no answers. The lack of technology and the space that grew wide between myself and the other Bastards had me on the sidelines of most theories. I cursed myself for not paying better attention, more focused on myself than Xcor and his theories- I don’t know. I spent my most recent time fighting mostly alone. If it’s a new Forelesser than this is very bad. They seem to be quite developed. More structured than usual. It could mean very bad things for the civilian population if they are allowed to continue like this. -Frowning, I imagined all the lives that could be lost if something didn’t happen quickly- Surely you have the ability to track them better than I, do you not?

Butch: -I huffed out an annoyed breath at the lack of anything to go on.- That’s alright I guess. I mean I hadn’t really expected to get anything earth shaking from you but I thought it was worth a try. -I ran my fingers through my hair and even pulled a bit out in frustration. I stopped perfectly still as soon as I heard the last bit though. The corner of my eye twitched a bit and I wondered if he was just taking a shot in the dark or if he had heard things about me specifically. I spoke slowly, carefully.- I do… But it aint exactly like it points me straight to the head guy in charge. I would be kickin ass and taking names if that were the case now wouldn’t I?

Throe: -Narrowing my gaze at the Brother, I tilt my head in question as his emotions change, becoming more defensive than before. It was almost like I had hit on something that I had known nothing about, but he wasn’t sure of how ignorant I was. It was amusing, to say the least, trying to find this equal plane between him and I. There was something different about him, that was for sure, but what it was I did not know. Yet. -I would assume that if it did lead you there you would not be here in this room searching for information. I may not know much, but it does not mean that I don’t care. These Lessers need to be stopped and that is the final of it all. You and your Brothers have been deemed capable of doing so, the sons of the Scribe Virgin and the saviors to us all. I’ll be interested to see how you respond to such a challenge from here on out. If I get out of this room, that is.

Butch: -My eyes widened and rolled dramatically as I got up from the chair.- Way to tow the party line there buddy. We ever talk again I’d thank you to leave the cow of a deity out of the convo. -I scrubbed my hand down the side of my leg as I always seemed to do when V’s mom was ever mentioned.- I’m sure you will get out of here eventually. I mean they will have to take you out to spray it down right? Trust me the doggens won’t stand for this smell for too much longer. -I flashed a wide, toothy grin and turned toward the door.-

Throe: -Rolling my eyes with a snort, I lift my arm to sniff at myself- I hear I smell pretty bad. Let’s hope they let me shower soon, or I’ll stink up your whole fucking… -shrugs, looking around- Wherever I am. Keep on top of that Lesser issue, Warrior. It actually leaves me feeling a little fuzzy inside that one of you actually gives a shit. -Smiling wide, I sit back in my chair and wave as you make your move to leave- I’m always here to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment