Monday, December 30, 2013

First Impressions


Bella: +My wounds healed nicely from my last outing. Nobody noticed the bruise or scratches. Thank the Scribe I was good with makeup. I looked in the mirror again as I strapped my dagger across my chest and smiled. The adrenaline kicking in at the thought of killing another leaser tonight. Happy with my cover, I left my chambers and headed outside, dematting downtown. I don’t know why the urge to be a warrior was so strong but it was and it was the only way I could get out any pent up energy. Running on the treadmill did nothing and I couldn’t sit around anymore. This…this is what I needed to do. I rounded the corner and caught a whiff of baby powder. My feet started running towards it before I registered what to do. Pulling one of my daggers out of the holster I skidded to a stop as I saw the lesser with his back towards me. This was going to be too easy. Pausing just a breath I ran at him and kicked his back, catching him off guard and planting him face first into the pavement+ You made this too easy…

Throe: -Another night spent wandering the streets, I had yet to run into any Lessers but there was still time. I hadn’t given in to sleep yet, so pacing the alleyways of Caldwell was all that was keeping me sane. Xcor was off on some mission with the others, but I had chosen yet again to keep to myself. As I turned the corner into another alley, the wind changed and I smelled the faint scent of baby powder somewhere close. Pulling my dagger from my back, I moved slowly in the shadows, heading in the direction my instincts carried me-

Bella: +The lesser grabbed at the pavement as I struggled to keep him pinned down. It was like riding one of those bucking bulls at a bar. I landed a few punches before he threw me off of him. Landing with a thud and a groan I quickly got to my feet and crouched down in a defensive stance, waiting to see what he would do. He circled around me, laughing and mocking my attack, which only got me more pissed. The whole time he circles I got a whiff of a male close…shit don’t let it be a brother+  

Throe: -Moving quicker down the dark alley, I hear a fight ensuing before I see it. The smell of Lessers was faint, so I knew there wasn’t many of them, but I still moved quickly and with stealth, never knowing who would be lurking about. When the Lesser finally came into sight, he had his back to me, creeping slowly around whatever male it was he was stalking. I watched, gripping my dagger tight in my hands, waiting to see if my help would be needed. As the figures moved and the light switched to the face of the opponent, my heart stopped when I saw that it was a female crouched in a fighting stance, taking on the Lesser. Taking several steps forward, I watched in horror as the Lesser descended-

Bella: +I glance over my shoulder just to make sure it wasn’t a brother, and in that brief moment a fist connects with my jaw, busting my lip. Again. Damn these guys can hit. I didn’t notice the lesser creeping behind me with a bat. Once I gain my bearing, I take a swing, hitting him in the jaw before something hard hits the back of my head. My hands went to my head as I cried out. Fuck that hurt! Was that the male or another lesser? Falling to the ground, my last thought is I hope the male doesn’t hurt me+

Throe: -Letting a furious growl tear from me, I narrowed my gaze as I charged towards the Lesser that had just hit the female. Regardless of the reasons why this female vampire was out alone in the streets, taking on Lessers alone, I refused to leave her to defend herself. Leaping towards the Lesser as soon as he was within my range, I clutched him in my grasp, pushing him roughly against the cement wall as I growled. Wanting to take my time with this fucker but more concerned about the unconscious female lying steps away, I shoved my dagger deep into his chest, sending him back to his maker. As I pushed my dagger back into it’s spot on my back, I turned, moving towards the female lying wounded on the ground. Crouching to my knees beside her, I looked quickly around me, making sure there were no other threats before I focused on her. Gently pushing her sweat and blood covered hair out of her face, I frowned as I saw the beginnings of a welt on the corner of her eye. She was bleeding from the corner of her mouth but she was still breathing, which I thanked the Scribe Virgin for. I rested my hand on her shoulder, shaking her in hopes that she would awake. She didn’t move, her eyes staying closed shut, as she continued to bleed. I knew that I couldn’t leave her, but I had no idea what to do with her. Bringing her to a human hospital was out, and I knew Xcor and the others would be furious if I brought her back to our place. There was nothing that I could do for her, but I had to get her out of the alley and back to safety. My cell phone started to ring in my back pocket, pulling it out and seeing that Zypher was trying to hunt me down. Silencing the ring and shoving the phone back away, I had an idea that would hopefully work. Quickly pulling the jacket open that covered the female, I searched each pocket for the cell phone that she hopefully carried with her. Finding it with ease, I pulled it out of her pocket and turned it on. I pressed the icon for Contacts, seeing the name Butch come up on the screen. Looking from the phone to the unconscious female beside me and back again, I had no other choice but to press the name and watch the phone dial the number. Keeping my eyes wide, scoping the surroundings in case of attack, I listened as the phone rang until it connected and the voice of a male came out the speakers. Without hesitation I spoke quickly, informing whatever male had answered that the female who this phone belonged to was injured and unconscious. I gave directions quickly, and assured the male that she was safe until he came to retrieve her. Disconnecting the call, I sat in the shadows, the female lying by my side, and wait

Butch: -I relaxed on the couch with a huge plate of nachos, full bottle of Lag and nothing but my boxers on. I was watching the recordings of the world series and enjoying every minute of it. A cigarette dangled from my lips and I would occasionally take a drag. The sound system was blaring so loud that it almost felt like I was there at the park. The only thing that would make this better was if Vishous was here next to me. I still couldn’t help but cheer even though I knew each game by heart now. I was so engrossed in what I was doing that I almost didn’t hear my phone ringing.- Oh sonsobitches!… -I could hear it but I had no clue where the damn thing was. My smoke fell out of my mouth and almost lit my boxers on fire. Several elaborate cuss words came out as I jumped to my feet. The nachos flew all over the room like clumped up confetti. I was too busy hopping from foot to foot to notice.- Hot, hot, hot!! -Burning cherry right in the crotch. My hands swatted at it until I saw the cigarette hit the ground. I picked it up and snubbed it out in the ash tray before going out in search of my phone. I found it over on the bar after wading my way through crunched up chips all over the ground. I didn’t recognize the number right off but flicked it on anyway, with the sound of the game still going strong in the background.- What’s doing? -My brow took on a deep crease as I listened to the ramble of information thrown at me all at once. I quickly picked up the remote and muted the game so that I could hear what was being said. At first I thought that the guy might be talking about my sister but I knew that she was in Paris now and that wasn’t flippin likely. My mind raced through who else would have my phone number and I settled on the fact that this was either Kisa or Bella. Either way they obviously needed help.- Yeah, okay whoever the fuck you are. I’ll be there in a jiffy. Just let me put some damn pants on. -I heard the phone click off as I was walking toward the bedroom.- Rude!.. -I tossed my burned up boxers in the garbage and pulled on another pair. It was standard for me to pull on slacks and a button down shirt now but I didn’t stop to bother with the tie. Weapons were a must though. No way in hell I ever left the manse without a regular arsenal at my disposal. I checked my guns, drew a trenchcoat on and grabbed up the keys to the Escalade. Whatever was going on this chick was in the WRONG part of town. I didn’t recognize the voice on the phone so I had no clue who had found her. It could be anyone from a human to a civilian with the terrible option of it being a lesser. Wouldn’t that be a fun prospect?… I shook the thought off and got in the SUV heading toward where the guy had said he would be. The one bonus I did have going for me was that I could tell if there were lesser near without even getting out of the Escalade. I drove around twice before pulling up and getting out. I didn’t even stop to think about it, my gun was in my hand as I approached the figures cautiously. My head tilted to take in the scene and I didn’t even come close to dropping the barrel of my gun. I could smell the faint odor of lesser but I couldn’t feel one anywhere near so that had to be a good sign. But I didn’t know this guy from a hole in the wall and I wasn’t about to start inviting him to dinner parties.- I’m guessing your the guy that called my ass. Care to give me some more of a story other than how she’s doing. Something along the lines of ‘I didn’t do it’ would be hot right bout now. Lying will make my trigger finger itchy though.

Throe: -Standing up to my full height, so that my eyes were level with the male in front of me, I stepped hesitantly forward. He was as tall as I with shoulders as broad as mine. I narrowed my gaze on him, acknowledging fully that he was a vampire but keenly aware that he had daggers strapped to him at all angles. I zeroed in on the cross he hung on his neck, momentarily doubting the red alarm that was sounding like a trumpet in my mind. I motioned to to the female on the ground- I found her taking on a Lesser. I did nothing but send her attacker back to his maker. I did not cause any of this. She was not able to give me information, so I used her phone. -My jaw clenched tightly, spreading my legs slowly apart and rounding my shoulders to gain more stance in case this male wanted to question what I had said-

Butch: Uh huh… -I stayed far enough away so that ‘hero’ here wouldn’t get any bright ideas about swiping my gun away.- Lil bitty here was having a go at it with a Lesser? -My gaze shifted for a split second from the male in front of me to Bella laying on the ground. I could see the blades strapped to her and I groaned with a sink of my shoulders.- Well isn’t that just awesome? -I dropped one hand to my pocket but not the hand that was still training my gun on the male.- And what did you say your name was again? -There were only a few options for who this guy was and I wasn’t betting on overly large civilian that liked to carry around weapons and save errant females. My fingers found my phone and I brought it out to snap a picture of the guy before he could feed me a line about who he might be.-
Throe: -Wincing against the bright light of the cell phone as he used it to take my picture, this male was pushing my patience. He looked like a vampire but did not speak like one, the twinge in his voice as we spoke interesting to me. By the look of him as he glared, it was overwhelmingly obvious that I had come face to face with a Warrior from the Brotherhood. How ironic that the Bastards have been trying to track the Brothers down for months now, and I stumble upon one in the most amusing of ways. Narrowing my gaze, I kept my eyes on the gun in his hand as I spoke- My name is not of your concern. I think we are both aware of the strangeness of this situation, so let us not beat around the bush. Do you know this female?

Butch: -I had learned long ago to trust my instincts, they had bailed me out of more situations than I cared to count and right now they were setting off all kinds of sirens and alarms. I hit the button on my phone to send the picture to my Hellren. If this shit went sideways I didn’t want to leave him in the dark in case I ended up dead in a ditch somewhere. Hell no! I wanted him to avenge my ass. I tucked the phone back in my pocket and returned my full attention to the guy in front of me.- Alright Mr. It’sNotUrConcern, I’ll give it to ya that this is pretty damn fucked up. -I moved two steps to the side until I felt the safety of a wall behind me. I made a show of looking down at Bella once more.- Know her? Nah I’m a total manwhore and I give out my number to all the pretty ladies. Don’t you? -chuckling- You gonna caveman her over your shoulder or should I do it?

Throe: -Sighing heavily as the male in front of me joked, I took a step back, relaxing a bit. If he had any intentions of engaging me he would have already, I assumed. My frustration at the situation mounted, growling almost mutely at the fact that I was going to have to let this Brother go. My concern for the female trumped my need for information, even though I didn’t think I’d ever get another chance like this- I have done my duty. If you can assure me that she will be cared for, I will go.

Butch: -My eyes narrowed and my face kind of scrunched up as I puzzled over this situation. It was what I affectionately referred to as the ‘I’m doing long division in my head’ face.- You know for a Bastard you aren’t at all what I expected. Duty and giving a shit about the female. Is this standard operating procedure or are you just the polite one? Cause the picture I got was something closer to savages that would sooner rape her than save her. -I was placing a bet that this guy was a Bastard. I actually didn’t know much about them at all aside from what I’d been told. And yes, I knew this wasn’t the best time to be questioning a suspect but Bella clearly wasn’t bleeding all over the place and I could hear that her vitals were still going strong. Assurances that she would be cared for… the idea that he would demand that from me was pretty damn funny.- I actually think I imagined Vikings in my head. -I nodded with a laugh.- Big ole fur draped over your shoulders from something you killed.  -My free hand started gesturing to express myself further.- Wicked old sword on your back… Possibly foaming at the mouth… Definitely monosyllabic.

Throe: -Narrowing my gaze on the sarcastic Brother, I let out a low growl as I grit my teeth together- I would never even consider harming a female. You may think what you want of my Brothers and I won’t deny your assumptions, but I am not like them. -The fact that this male considered me to be as barbaric and disgusting as the others infuriated me, but I shouldn’t have been surprised. No matter how long I had been a part of the Band of Bastards, my values had always remained the same. It was never about anarchy and corruption for me, even though I may have let every believe it was that way. I had intended on revenge and even that  was something I no longer sought. Motioning towards the female, I took another step back- I don’t have time for this banter and I’m sure you’re not interested in hearing the reasons behind my actions, so we shall just forget this happened and I will go. -Frowning, looked from the gun that the male was still holding in his hand to his face, trying to gauge this thoughts- Are we in agreement?

Butch: -There was no hiding the wide grin on my face as I watched the guy’s reaction to what I’d said. He had risen to the bait and confirmed my suspicions. It was nice to know that my instincts were still right on. The real problem I was facing right now was whether I should just let this guy go knowing full well that he and his wanted Wrath dead. In the back of my head I tucked away the fact that I was going to have to have Vishous change my phone number or I would end up getting harrassing messages from Mr. Bastard.- The only one with manners in a den of neanderthals? Must suck to be you. -I had to admit I was having way too much fun with how frustrated I was making the male.- What? We can’t sit here and shoot the shit for a few? I’m wounded man, seriously. -Placing a hand to my chest dramatically- Here we just met and I’m already be snubbed. I thought we had something going. I’m shattered. Really… Gonna have to cancel the flowers and chocolates I was having sent to you. -My smile dropped suddenly and I straightened up my lazy stance.- Name’s Butch. You can call me Dhestroyer if you like them old school names. You’re actively working toward getting the King killed and you want me just to let you go because you helped out this female? Doesn’t fly in my court.

Throe: -Glaring at the Brother named Dhestroyer as he arrogantly bantered with me to only his amusement, I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest defensively as he pushed me past my breaking point- If you really want to have a conversation about my lifes fucking story, you better be buying me dinner and taking your clothes off after. I’m being polite in even standing here when we are both aware that I could disappear into the wind and there would not be a thing you could do about it. If you want to be fresh, fine. I can play fresh like the back of my hand but hey, -shrugs nonchalantly- someone has to have concern for the female on the ground bleeding. Apparently that someone is only me. So do your duty that you Black Dagger Brotherhood are so well known for, take care of the female and protect the fucking race. -Smirking hard as I continue to glare, I dematerialize right before the males eyes, hoping that he’d do the right thing and seek medical care for her instead of continuing on his tiresome tirade-

Butch: -Messing with this guy was far too entertaining for me. It was probably a good thing that he decided to pull a disappearing act or I would have pushed him further just to say that I didn’t start the fight. Not the best of ideas but always full of laughs. I wondered how my Hellren would have reacted to this male. That would have been a funny picture. Probably shoulda shoot him when I had the chance. I shrugged to myself and tucked my gun away. No use crying over spilled milk. I stepped forward and gave Bella a quick examination before picking her up off the ground.- Alright, darlin. Let’s get you looked at. -There was no sense in taking her back to the mansion, with Piper gone there was no one there that could handle the sitch. I carried Bella over to the Escalade and carefully laid her out on the back seat, strapping her in elaborately with seat belts. I pointed the SUV toward Havers and hit the gas. I was well aware of the fact that I had wasted more time than I should have talking to the Bastard. As soon as someone came to take Bella from me I pulled out my phone and sent a call to her brother. I didn’t even question who I should call. Someone’s in trouble, you call their family. I left a message on Rehv’s voicemail letting him know that his sister had been out fighting lesser and gotten hurt and now she was at Havers.-

No comments:

Post a Comment