Monday, December 30, 2013

The aftermath…


Vishous

I stood there watching each of the brothers returning with the fallen ones. Even me who was used to doing clean up and was always able to walk away with nothing more than a shrug, this was hitting home hard. In this world each loss was colossal. This wasn’t the human world where serial killers went on sprees and then they were idolized in the public eyes. Where drive by shootings happen and you might hear about them for a bit until the next time. For the human police it was different, there were thousands upon thousands to protect and serve the humans but for the Vampire race there were only the Brotherhood. When something like this happened it hit even the steeliest of hearts and brought us down to our knees. Each body was sacred and deserved to be treated as such and I knew that #Fritz and the Doggens he put in charge of helping him would see to just that. There was no other way that our King would have it. And thoughts of Wrath flooded through me then, which was like a sucker punch to my gut, I knew he would take each life that was lost to the race as a personal affront. My head hung low and for once and the only time in my existence since I was a child that use to believe in praying to the SV, I prayed now for each one of the bodies that were laid out now in front of me and I prayed for each brother and the battle that lay before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment