Monday, December 30, 2013

Mr. Handsy Mindfreak


Butch
-I had a perma-grin on my face for days now. The only change was when I was groaning or screaming out V’s name. Our wedding and our honeymoon had been more than I could have ever hoped for. In my wildest dreams I never saw myself this happy, content and totally in love. Soon enough we would be returning to the land of the living but I didn’t want to rush it. There were lesser to kill out there, they were always there, but right now I just wanted this time with my husband. One concession I did make was that I checked my voicemail and text messages to see if the Brotherhood needed us or anything along them lines. It wouldn’t do to come back from this happiness to meet up with an angry as hell King. I was caught off guard by the message from my sister. My brow furrowed as I listened to. She seemed to be alright but it certainly wouldn’t hurt to check up on her. I punched in her number and relaxed back with my beer, watching the game.-
Piper
-Yawning as I swore I heard my annoying ring, nearly knocking #Sonic from the bed when I stretched over him to reach for the still ringing annoying piece of technology. I fumbled, trying to focus on the flashing screen only to have it hit me not just once but twice square in the forehead. Grumbling all kinds of low-Sonofamotherfuckingduckcommander….Hello?
Butch
-I frowned into the phone, took it away from ear to look at the screen and then brought it back to my ear- Did you just call me a duck commander? Or just the son of someone who fucks duck commanders?
Piper
-My brothers voice filled my ear and I snorted softly while scrubbing a hand down my face- Yes. Yes I was -Straining my eyes to glance at the time- Least I hope to all fuck you aren’t back dooring the duck blowers. -Fighting a small yawn- Are you ok?
Butch
Back dooring the….? Okay, I admit that I use a lotta slang but I have no damn clue what you are going on about. -I paused to listen to Piper’s yawning- Am I calling at a bad time? I sometimes forget that you aren’t… well ya know… Why’d ya hightail it to the cabin anyways? Couldn’t handle another food fight? I know I was picking that shit outta my eyebrows afterwards. Is it cause I didn’t give you enough hugs? It is isn’t it? I’m not so good at that. -I suddenly remembered the second part of Piper’s message and I straightened up a bit- What’s this about a stray? Am I gonna have to hurt someone for messing with my lil sis? I can do that ya know.
Piper
-I couldn’t help but grin hearing my brother begin to ramble about hugs and picking things from his hair, laughing as I rested my back to the headboard- Oh it was totally the lack of hugs. You are a closet snuggle monster you just gotta let it be free -I let the E carry on a little before laughing and continuing.- I just needed to clear my head a little, get out for some fresh air ya know? Plus the mail was stacking up to kingdom come. -My brow arched as my eyes dropped to the bed inhabitants- I did pick up a stray. But..he’s a familiar one? There was a a highschool reunion type thing and I went..ran into my best friend. He’s changed…alot. -I groaned low fully aware you’d catch it- Something happened while we were there. Well two actually…if you count the bathroom incident
Butch
Oh holy hell do not tell me you got freaky in your highschool bathroom. -I scrubbed my hand down my face with a groan- You put that kinda image in my head and I’ll start telling you what V and I do. -I shook my head and stuck my tongue out gagging a bit to get the taste from my mouth- Damn, okay, just tell me you are alright.
Piper
-My eyes widened and I almost shrieked my reply back to my brother- NO! Fuck me no. -My hand ran through the mess atop my head as I laughed hard enough to cause an angry grunt from #Sonic- Jesus christ Bro. You really /REALLY/ think I’d share that much? -I could feel the devious grin growing already- Ok maybe…MAYBE I would but that wasn’t what happened. Complete opposite. -Sighing softly I let my eyes close to help my focus- I used to date the quarter back…he was beyond beyond drunk…got handsy in the bathroom. And then I kicked his ass. Which would have been fine…but then I left -I paused to look down at Carter still asleep with #Sonic nuzzled into the crook of his neck- I don’t know how to describe what happened. It was like…smoke and then…his hands lit up and the next thing I remember was a flash of light. But besides that…I’m all good.
Butch
-My brow shot way up at the handsy comment- So you kicked some jerk’s ass… Which by the way, bravo, that’s my girl… Then the male version of Jubilee showed up and did some Criss Angel Mindfreak bullshit and now you are all lost and confused? That sound bout right?
Piper
-And there it was…I couldn’t help but chuckle as my brothers comment. HE really didn’t like to mince words.- Pretty much -Both shoulders shrugged- And thank you. I was about done being Polly Pushover so yeah. Prepare yourself to teach me the basics of fighting crap when I get home. -Sighing I chewed into my lip debating options- I don’t know what to to do now
Butch
-Pauses to hoot and holler at the TV, probably blowing out Piper’s ear- Shit yeah, my boys did it!! -I took a deep breath to recover. It took me a minute to focus again on what Piper was saying.- You need me to come over and kick Dazzler outta your place? Why the hell is he there again? You didn’t get to that part. Specially after he got grabby on ya. I credited you with more sense than to invite handsy McGee to your place.
Piper
No! NO!…No kicking him out! I just found him...-An embarrassed squeak left my mouth as it hung open, fuck my fucking fuck. This wasn’t gonna end without hours of tortured big brotherly nitpicking. Dragging a hand down my face- Two different events bro. I kicked handsy ass and brought the nerdy one home? -Groaning cause that sounded no better- Whatever he was fighting? Or destroyed? I don’t know…He’s a good guy Butch. He was family until I moved to work with dad. Well… not real dad but ya know. The other one…-I was digging myself a grave at an exponential rate- I’m scared. Not because he can’t protect me…but more that something would happen to him. -Blinks- Just tell me to shut up please? 
Butch
-I was still pretty doubtful on what exactly Piper had or hadn’t seen but somehow it really didn’t strike me as too odd. Maybe it was because I had seen more than my fair share of fucked up shit.- You are a magnet for shit aren’t you? Is it tattooed on your forehead that you like freaky shit? -I twisted the bottle in my hand as I mulled this over- Mr. Wizard can’t handle his own mess? You can’t save the world ya know. I had to learn that lesson as a cop. What are you thinking on this one? I know you want to help but I’m a lil foggy on the deets to give you any kinda advice.
Piper
Sometimes I feel like it is trust me. Or some asshat has a Piper sized voodoo doll and playing some sick joke. -Pausing again to just take a breath, I didn’t know what to do, if there was a thing I could- I’m not trying to save a world. Just him. -Sighing as I moved the phone to my other ear- I don’t know what I’m thinking. For once this little human is fresh out. I may hold out here…have #Fritz send over another Doggen but short of that..I don’t know
Butch
Alright, alright. I feel you. You /like/ this one. -I snorted out a laugh and shifted so that I was more comfortable even lighting up a smoke.- Doggen aren’t exactly equipped to deal with them types of situations, sis. What exactly are we talking about here? Is Cthulhu Rising? Or are the sentinels coming to take us all away? I mean smoke and glowy hands doesn’t tell me much aside from neat tricks that my husband can do.
Piper
-Gasping as I laughed- Oh my god Butch. Did you just give me the you /liiiiiiiike/ this one? Christ. I don’t know how I feel…-Ok that was a lie, I knew all too well what I felt- He’s my person…-I blinked, then blinked again- WAIT!!! …forget the ChichiRisers. Your husband?! Did you two…!? You better have saved me some cake!
Butch
Does your ‘person’ have a name or should I just call him ‘hey you’? He’s a ‘he’ at least I got that much nailed down. -I laughed and took a drag on my smoke- You should never forget Cthulhu. That’s some serious shit there. -I was grinning once again as I thought of the wedding. I lifted my hand and looked at the wedding band that I’d actually been wearing for about a year now- Yes, dear sister, I am officially hitched. He sprung it on me actually it was… perfect.
Piper
-I grinned impossibly wide, they were mated before but this was different. I could hear it in my brothers voice- About time he did it too. I’m really really happy for you both. Tell V I say congrats? We haven’t really talked much since the whole awkward moment. As for a name. It’s Carter. You can you come by and meet him…-My lips pursed before I quickly added in a few things- BUT…please don’t hurt, kill, break, stomp, stare or ya know whatever else brothers do to him?
Butch
-I nodded along with Piper even though I knew she couldn’t see me- It’s really just a piece of paper that doesn’t begin to touch how I feel about that male but the fact that he did it all for me meant more than anything. -I tapped my finger on the side of my bottle as I thought about meeting this guy- So I can’t even look at this Carter? You sure you even want him to meet me or would you rather just wrap him up in bubble wrap and jump into a padded room with his ass? -I laughed and thought about it some more. I wondered if Piper had told him about the Brotherhood or even me at all.- I’ll swing by sometime soon hun. You take care of yourself okay? I’m always just a phone call away. I might not be the best brother but I do worry about you. I’ll let you get back to them zzz’s you were so obviously working on. Night, Piper. -hanging up-

No comments:

Post a Comment