Monday, December 30, 2013

The Rythe



Wrath: [I didn’t sleep well the whole day. The thought of what had to occur thanks to the oh so kind wishes of the Scribe Virgin tumbled through my mind over and over again. I sat on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands dreading what we all would have to witness. Times like these I hated my duty, hated my calling to be the King and lead them all. Everything that came with it demanded that I uphold what the Virgin had commanded. Always I was left to try to pick of the pieces left behind from each broken male. How they managed to ever work together in the first place would always amaze me. There wasn’t a single one of them that didn’t have something in their past that would break almost anyone. I was a firm believer that it was the fact that we were together in this that we always came through in the end. Zsadist and Phury would pull through if I had to reach down and pick them up myself. My hand reached back to brush over the sleeping form of my beautiful love. She was my strength right now even if she didn’t know it. In her I found the will to do what I had been born to do. I leaned over her, careful not to wake her, and pressed a kiss to her forehead before quietly getting up off of the bed. I took a long shower, every step of the way was drawn out like I could put off the inevitable. In my closet I knelt in front of the trunk that I had carried with me my entire life. Always it was hidden away somewhere even from before the time that I was big enough to wear the robes. My fingers ran over the smooth fabric and I brought it to my face to inhale the smell of it. At one point I almost thought that I could still smell my father on the ceremonial robes. This would be what I would wear when I was mated to Kisa and now I had to put them on for an entirely different reason. I had to push the thought aside as I drew the robes on or I would be trapped in an endless loop of cursing fate once more. I settled my glasses on my face and grabbed the new bo staff next to the door before slipping out of the room quietly. I made a stop at my office but I didn’t even bother to sit at the chair behind the desk. I went straight to the intercom system and my fingers dragged over each button until I found the one that I needed, the one that would sent out the message to the whole mansion. I cleared my throat before sending out the call in a firm voice.] All Brothers are to be in the training center gym dressed in their robes within the hour. [I released the button and let out a heavy sigh. Fritz popped up in the doorway immediately and I informed him that the entire area of the training center was off limits to anyone but a Brother. He said something that I missed entirely and raced off to make sure that it happened. This was a sacred ritual and no one else was allowed to be there. The only reason I hadn’t taken them all to the caves was that I wanted Phury to be able to receive immediate care when it was finished, and that meant that he needed to be near Khristessa. I was glad that he had her just as I had Kisa. There was no taking it back now. Everything had been set in motion and we could only move through it as Brothers always had. Minutes later I stood in the center of the gym waiting for them all to show up. My shoulders were squared and my sightless eyes pointed forward instead of down at the floor. I left the staff leaning against the wall and I folded my hands inside the sleeves of my robe. I wasn’t certain of the fallout of all of this but I would damn sure present my Brothers with the rock that they could all lean on. I waited until everyone was gathered in the room before I spoke again. I could hear them all filing in and picked up on the mingled emotions that took up the space in front of me. The whole time I remained still waiting for the moment to tell them all why we were here. I could tell right off that Zsadist had confronted his twin which I was grateful for, I really didn’t want to have to spring this one on Phury. I cleared my throat again and spoke with the air of authority that they expected to see from me.] We are gathered here today for a Rythe. Unlike the standard ceremony that we have heard of this one was handed down by the Scribe Virgin herself. For his crime of abusing a Chosen the Brother Zsadist will be made to suffer something it seems he enjoys a great deal… [I paused and drew in a deep breath.] And so this time around Zsadist will be the one wielding the weapon against his own twin. May you both find peace at the end of this road.

Tohr:  *I had heard the message come through on the intercom, Wrath’s voice loud and clear. Dressed in the ceremonial robes. I can only imagine what this is about, knowing what had happened with the Chosen. The Scribe Virgin is so protective over them, to have one come to her with a huge chunk in her throat… I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. Yes, I know what is to come. I hurry up the stairs from the training room which I’ll be going back to. But still sweating and in my workout clothes, I need to clean up first. I quickly shed my clothing and jump into the shower which is still warming up, the cool water sluicing over my body. Thoroughly cleansed, I shut off the tap and wrap a towel around my waist after rubbing it over my hair to dry it. I pad across the floor and stop in front of the closet. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I tell myself that this isn’t my fault for bringing the Chosen in the first place, but it had been my duty and I had had to get Zsadist fed to heal. His loss would have hit the Brotherhood hard, not to mention his twin. I run my hand down my face and open the wardrobe. Reaching to the back of the closet, I pull out my ceremonial robe, something I had hoped that I wouldn’t have to be putting on my body for a long time. At least, not for something like what is to come. Doning the fabric, I make my way back down to the center training room. Wrath is already there, dressed in his own robe. I rake my hand through my hair and approach to stand near him. I hold my hands behind my back as I watch the other Brothers enter the room one by one. As soon as we were all present, Wrath begins to speak. I’m expecting the Rythe, knowing that Zsadist will be fine by the end of it as he enjoys pain, but my breath is knocked out of me, eyes going wide as I hear what was decreed by the Scribe Virgin. Phury? Phury will be getting the Rythe? And by his own twin. Oh dear Scribe, I swallow and try to push away some of the guilt I feel at this whole situation and my part in it. There is silence and I await what will come next.*

Rhage:  [[The announcement came across the speaker in my room as I walked out of the bathroom, warm misty air from my shower buffeted my broad back as I paused in the doorway.  Wrinkles creased my forehead when my brows dropped, I was aware of what had gone down with the Chosen but I hoped that things would be taken care of behind closed doors. To have to robe up and meet; especially in the PT suite, wasn’t good news. Moving across the carpeted floor to my closet, I dropped my towel near the hamper and drew my robes from their hanger. Despite the relatively light fabric it lay heavily on my skin. Leaving the closet, I pad barefoot to the door and head down to the training area, finding that Wrath and Tohr are already there. Taking my place beside my Brother, I watch as the others file in. My expression was neutral, the Rythe wasn’t unexpected but when Wrath announced that Phury was taking the punishment, I nearly protested. This was unheard of and all I could do was stand there and watch, hoping that this time Zsadist might get the message.]]

Vishous: I was behind my monitors just as I had been for days now. I had a one track mind right now and that was getting things locked down tight and secured. I did my nights on the streets and when I made my way back to the Pit I found myself right back in my black leather desk chair with an abundance of Goose and hand rolls at hand. I felt bad for the endless hours I was spending getting shit laid out and installed, I know Butch got it but fuck I missed lying next to my male during the daytime hours. I’d heard of the things that went down with Phury and Z, just as I knew when I heard Wrath’s voice boom over the intercom that the two were connected. Each of us Brothers had our own shit to deal and battle with but one thing we all knew was that when it came to the higher up bitch you didn’t fuck with her. When I heard what Z had done to the Chosen I flinched inwardly, I knew firsthand what her retribution could be like and I knew this clusterfuck was going to be twisted. I let out a tired breath and pushed back away from my desk. I headed to the bedroom and called out to Butch. “Time to robe up Cop, it seems D-Day has come.” I went to the closet and pulled down both Butch’s robe and mine along with the sacred beads and laid them both out on the bed. I stripped my basketball shorts and shirt off and pulled the robe on. “It seems the SV has decided what Z’s punishment will be. Poor fucker.” I downed a chug of Goose and swallowed it down hard. “I’ll meet you in there Cop, lets hope this shit goes quick for the Brother but knowing her it will be some fucked up stuff.” I shook my head and left the Pit to make my way down to stand with my Brothers. When I entered the area and listened to Wrath the last thing I thought I would hear was that Phury was to receive the punishment. My teeth gritted and choked down the growl that threatened to rip from me. I shouldn’t be surprised by the cruelty of it but damn if it didn’t floor me. I slid my leathered hand inside the sleeve of my robe and clasped my other hand. Out of all the Brothers it was Phury who always showed evidence of actually having a heart and compassion for others and for this to be handed down to him was some fucked up shit. True to her nature the SV once again delivered the type of justice that the humans devil would approve of.

Butch: -I had my cup of coffee in my hand and was busy rubbing the sleepers from my eyes. I scratched myself good and did a stretch that popped my back loudly. I willed the coffee to wake me up, inhaling the aroma deeply. Sleep hadn’t come easily and I rolled around more than anything. It’s just how things worked when V was on the warpath with a goal in his head. Just knowing that he was still there was enough to set my mind at ease, course my body had other plans but what are ya gonna do? Can’t bitch too hard when you have the love of your life with you. I reached across the counter and snagged up my pack of smokes. I had one in my mouth and almost lit when I heard Wrath’s voice come over the speaker by the door of the Pit. I tilted my head to the side with what was no doubt a confused expression. The only time I’d ever even worn those robes was when I was initiated into the Brotherhood. I felt pretty ignorant of all things traditional and decided that I should probably just go with the flow. I went ahead and lit my cigarette anyway following V’s voice into our room. I stood there and watched him strip down only to put the robes on. Whatever this was it was certainly ominous. I finished my smoke and watched him walk out the door. The mention of the Scribe Virgin sent a chill down my back. Nothing would ever make me find any love for that bitch. Her crusade to rip Vishous and I apart still left me with scars down both of my legs and a memory of watching my love die in my arms. I didn’t see anyone else coming outta this pretty either, call it intuition if you will. That or just a pretty good knowledge of how fucked up V’s mom thought about shit. I sighed and put the robes on, gathering up the beads that went with it and stringing them around my neck. I fell into place next to Vishous when I got to the gym and I couldn’t help but lean over after hearing Wrath and whispering in V’s ear.- What’s a Rythe? It doesn’t sound good… -I clamped my mouth shut and just decided to stand there and watch unless I was told otherwise. It didn’t sound good and from the looks of everyone else, it wasn’t.-

Phury: *Sitting up against the headboard holding Tess as she sleeps, my hand lost under the curls of her red hair. We had been here in this room on this bed all day, yet I still didn’t think it would be long enough for me. My yellow eyes taking in as much of her face as I can then looking to my sketch pad on the pillow beside me, a faint smile spreading across my face as I see Tess’s likeness captured on the page. One hand letting go of Tess as I pick up the sketch pad again and turn the pages, page after page of Tess, stopping at one where Tess was asleep on her side her back to me. My heart stopping as I pick up my pencil and write a note in the old language on the bottom. ‘You have my heart for what it is worth Dreamer, my Nalla.’ My head whipping up as I hear Wrath’s voice loud and clear over the intercom, dropping the sketch pad and placing my hands lightly over Tess’s ears as I listen to Wraths command. Closing my eyes as I realise that I won’t be in the Tomb but here in the Mansion, taking in a deep breath as I slowly slide Tess’s head off my lap and get out of the bed. Checking the time as I head into the bathroom closing the door behind me, removing my clothes and prosthetic and showering slowly the scent of the soap washing away Tess’s scent. Jumping out and towel drying my body fast,attaching my prosthetic and wrapping the towel around my hips. Opening the door and walking over to my wardrobe, without even looking at Tess in the bed pulling on my robes and just dropping thtowelle on the floor. Turning to leave and seeing my jacket from last night with the picture that Tess gave me sticking out of the inside pocket, taking it out and walking out of the room letting my mind go blank as I walk down the stairs and hit the tunnel. Meeting no one as I push open the gym doors tucking Tess’s picture into the band of my robes, my eyes on the mats as I walk into the room feeling the presences of my brothers more than seeing them. My steps taking me over to the left of Wrath so I was standing at the edge of the mats, listening to Wrath as he lets everyone know what is about to happen. My thoughts clear as I remove my shirt my yellow eyes locked on the mats, I didn’t want to catch any of my brothers eyes. I just wanted to keep myself together long enough to get back to Tess, dropping my shirt on one of the benches behind me then turning back to face Wraths direction*

Zsadist: [Peeling my black eyes open as I hear wrath’s booming voice over the intercom. Something that I kinda was just sitting here and waiting for…dreading it was more like it. Slowly I rise from my pallet naked and pads over to the closet. I head to the back of it to find the box that held my robes. Taking a deep breath I slowly slip the silky material on before tying it at my waist. With my head a mess I turn finally dressed to head down to the gym. Once I reach there I listen to wraths words and slowly drops my head only to shake it once. Little did they know I didn’t enjoy pain..sure everyone thought it cause I constantly had phury beating me up but it wasn’t cause I wanted to feel pain…Pain was just something that I was use to. Most people grew up getting hugs and shit like that..me? I got whipped and beat down. It was like something that was the norm..but that wasn’t why I had phury beat me…in some sick way I guess I thought I deserved it..but knowing now I probably fucked my brother up more for that…the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach…and now because of that a male of worth is sentenced to be beaten. My black eyes travel over each brother..all their reactions was most likely the same except phury. He looked like he was born ready for this shit. Rubbing my hand back and forth across my skull trim in hope some way the action would clear my mind. Nope. Oh well. Dropping my hand I watch slowly as my twin removed his shirt. Bare skin..of course how could I forget. Pinching the brim of my nose I step forward my eyes lost..completely lost. I couldn’t even register what I was doing. This all felt like some nasty nightmare that I was going to wake up to screaming. Yeah..no. Looking over the weapons I felt so out of place in the gym but I got the reasons for it…medical help shit…what…what if he died..remembering phury’s words “Look after someone for me” My hands tremble..I didn’t know what to pick. Scribe someone pick one for me..I..I can’t choose]

Phury: *Slowly walking into the middle of the mats and nodding to Wrath, I could feel the tension in the room from my brothers as well as my twin. My hand rubbing over the spot where  Tess’s picture was hidden, just touching it I can almost believe I am back upstairs in my bedroom with her. Squaring my shoulders as I raise my head and picking a spot on the wall over Wrath’s and Tohr’s head just staring at it, listening to the sounds or lack of sound in the room. Butch’s voice was the last sound that I heard as he asked about what a Rythe is, my fingers tapping against my legs as I think about what this will look like to Butch. As a human he didn’t grow up with our customs hell even though he is the Dhestroyer he doesn’t know our language. But I am sure Vishous will tell him what this is all about and why this has to happen, my nervous getting the better of me as I turn my head just enough to see my twin’s back. My yellow eyes at last taking note of the array of weapons laid out, turning back to start at the spot high up on the wall above the Kings head my fingers tapping faster. My voice whispering around in my head repeating ‘I will do this, I can do this, I must do this.’ over and over*

Zsadist: [Sighs softly picking up one of the chained whips. I couldn’t dare to think to pick up the ones with the spikes. That would be extra pain and blood. The soft sound of the metal tendrils clanking together fill my ears and cause the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. I knew this sound all too familiar and it made me wanna get sick.. or scream. Feeling a knot in my stomach I swallow the lump in my throat then moves forward towards my twin. I couldn’t do this..no..no. My shoulders shake as I look at him in the eye. Leaning in I press my forehead to his own, my body trembling even more now. I whisper low to my twin] I can’t do it…I…I can’t..[my hands shook..I could feel the whip slipping from my hand as I loosened my hold on the handle. Closing my sad eyes I take a deep breath whispering even lower so only he could hear] I love you brother…I..[Closes my mouth and breathes heavily through my nostrils]

Phury: *The sound of metal against metal loud in my ears as I keep my eyes focused on the spot on the wall, my mind trying to work out what the sound could mean. What weapon my twin was choosing, hoping what ever he picks will please the Scribe Virgin. Thinking of the Chosen who had her neck torn and dropping my head eyes closed, this was going to hurt Zsadist just as much as me as I know he will have to pick a weapon that will do to me what was done to the Chosen. Hearing the sound of movement loud in the quiet of the room but I didn’t need my eyes to tell me where my twin was in the room or how he was feeling, our bond let me know that Zsadist was not happy and was barely keeping it together. Opening my yellow eyes to look into Zsadist’s black ones, leaning forward as my twin touches our foreheads together feeling his body shake. His whispered words stealing my heart as I feel his will slip, pulling back my voice just as low so only Zsadist would hear me* You can do this, I need you to do this. Zsadist do not make me beg my brother. *Closing my eyes for what seems like a but is more like a second* I love you too Zsadist now lets get this over with, lets make this right with us and for the Chosen. We can do this. *Squaring my shoulders as I step back giving my twin a nod*

Zsadist: [Placing my hands on my knees I take a few deep breaths then slowly straightens as I let my eyes linger on phury’s. I feel a single tear fall down my cheek as I mouth to him “I’m sorry” With those words I grip the handle of the whip even tighter then lifts my hand before bringing it back then down upon my twins chest. The chains cause a deep red mark upon his flesh. I let out a harsh breath closing my eyes I feel pain in my chest but something breaks through in me and I unleash all these raw emotions. Letting out a loud cry I lift my hand to do it again and again. Feeling something wet hit my face I stop blinking to see his chest bleeding now. Swallow hard I shake my head with tears rushing down my face. I made him bleed…I did this]

Phury: *Holding my breath as I see Zsadist fight to breath bending over the whip lose in his hand, my eyes locking onto the metal whip with nine chains hanging loose from the handle. The clink of chain against chain loud as my twin stands up the tear on his face glistening in the light of the gym, watching his mouth say words that make this ok. Nodding again to Zsadist and bracing myself, watching the whip in his hand as he raises it my breath catching as the sound of the whip rings in my ears first then the pain. Raising my head and locking my eyes on the spot over Zsadist’s head the sound of my twins cry  my only warning, each lash across my chest bringing a white hot pain the likes of which I have never felt. Losing count of the amount of times Zsadist whipped me as the feel of my blood slowly dripping down my chest to soak into my linens, the noise of the metal chains of the whip drowning out my gasps as I fight to stand still*

Zsadist: [Eying my brother I lift my arm up to wipe the blood and tears off of my face with the back of my hand before I give him one good hard whip with an even louder cry. I watch as he drops to his knees and soon I follow him. Grabbing my brother carefully I look at him with eyes that were sad…and lost. Trying to wipe away the blood with my hands] no no no…brother mine..[My body begins to tremble again, feeling a shiver run down my spine. I move a hand up to push his hair back, causing blood to smear in his multi-color locks] I’m sorry…I never meant for any of this…I always loved you and as much as I fought it off I wanted you there I…[Trails off and just stares into my twins eyes and without my knowledge my eyes burst with color. The black pupils slowly change to a golden citrine hue. I feel more tears form but I do my best to hold them back. Using all of my strength I pick up my twin with a loud grunt. Cradling him in my arms I look at each of my brothers then murmurs in a rough tone] he needs help…now..please [My face softens just a bit]  

Phury: *My legs shaking as my I watch through eyes almost blind with sweat dripping down from my hair, the Wizard’s voice crying in pain getting quieter and quieter with each that Zsadist gave me. As my twins cry reaches my ears the sting of the whip sends me to my knees, hitting the mats hard my prosthetic digging into my leg as I fall back onto my heels. My hand touching Tess’s picture under the band of my linens as I start to fall forward, grinding my teeth as I tense all my muscles trying to stop my body giving out on me. Watching as if from far away as Zsadist wipes at my face, his eyes so lost it hurts more then my wounds. Letting my body fall forward into Zsadist as his body shakes against mine, his soft touch at my hair relaxing me and washing away the last of the Wizard’s voice leaving behind only love for my twin and Tess and my brothers. Listening to Zsadist but my eyes focusing only on his yellow eyes, my eyes, my twins true eyes my voice a whisper as I speak* Zsadist your eyes! *Gasping as I feel arms around me as my twin lifts me into his arms, eyes dancing with tears as my body screams in pain as my world goes black for what feels like an eternity. Opening my eyes as well as my heart my voice a whisper* I only need Tess my brother just Tess.

Vishous: I stood there stoic and solid on the outside and cringing and hurting for the Brothers before us all on the inside. No one should be made to take pain that was not wanted at the hands of one of their loved ones and vise versa. Even thinking that last thought I had to bite back a growl, this was the punishment handed down by the one and only SV, inflicting pain on others was a daily occurrence for her. Finally when the last whipping came and both Brothers ended up on their knees I stood back to open the circle up. I watched it all from start to finish and when I saw the vivid color of Z’s eyes and the unending love in Phury’s I knew all would come out right in the end. I took another step back to line the way for Z to get his Brother to his female. My hands came out from the hold I had them in so that I could reach out and take a hold of Butch’s. Right now I wanted….No, correction I needed that small bit of connection.

Butch: -My mouth hit the floor when I realized what was to happen here. I looked to every face in the room waiting for someone to stop this. The whip in Zsadist’s hand was wicked and Phury did not deserve to feel its bite. I wanted to scream out for someone in the damn room to come to their senses. It seemed like it all happened in slow motion. The rise and fall of the chains and the horrible sound of it hitting Phury’s flesh. It was all so barbaric and no one acted like it was out of the ordinary. I cringed with each impact. I knew that we were all here to witness this for a reason but I didn’t want to watch it. My gaze drifted instead to the mats at their feet but I could not block out the sounds. I drifted closer to Vishous who stood like a rock through the whole thing. Say what you want about me but all I wanted to do right now was hide behind my Hellren. It all seemed so incredibly senseless and that could only mean that the Scribe Virgin was behind it. My hands nervously rubbed over the scars on my legs. I forced myself to remain where I was standing simply because all of my Brothers were here and we were all in this one together. All of the terrible noise came to halt and I looked back up. I saw the two brothers together and for the first time since I’d met them I actually could see that they were twins. I saw the gold reflected in both of their eyes and the love that was between them. I watched as Zsadist picked Phury up and it felt like I was only now meeting either brother. My head came back down and I stepped aside with Vishous to let them through. I felt a hand and I looked down to see V’s fingers curled around mine. I squeezed tightly and pivoted on one foot, turning to stand in front of V. I dropped my head on his shoulder and snaked another arm around him. Once again, I didn’t care what I looked like to anyone else there. They all might be familiar with these rituals but what I’d just witnessed was far beyond what I knew. Getting caught clinging to my Hellren was the least of my concerns.-

Rhage: [[The Scribe Virgin’s cruelty never ceased to amaze me. We all follow blindly, this grand plan of hers but anger her and there is no mercy. I’ve tasted this myself. The dragon on my back, the mirror of the one that resides inside me, would’ve visably twitched if it could be seen. At the first crack of the whip, I had to drop my gaze. Time seemed to stand still as the blows rained across Phury’s body, the cries of both men blending until it was impossible to tell what came from who. It was the sound of a body crumpling to the mat that made me raise my eyes again. Phury finally collapsed; Zsadist stopped and the most astonishing thing happened. Zs eyes finally lost their darkness. They blazed with golden light just like Phury’s. My eyes dropped again, it was one thing to see your Brother’s hurt but the raw emotions that both Males were showing deserved a bit of privacy. Tess needed to be alerted that Phury was in need of her, Zsadist would see to that.]]

Tohr: *I hide my wince at the first blow. I always hate seeing a Brother take a Rythe but in this particular instance the Scribe Virgin had been especially cruel. Phury doesn’t deserve this, he wasn’t the one to treat the Chosen the way she’d been handled and as much as I love all my Brothers, I know that Zsadist deserved this instead. Another blow, followed by another, until blood is pouring down Phury’s chest. Guilt is beginning to consume me at this point, even though I know I shouldn’t be feeling it. I think that my part in this whole debacle has me feeling this way. If I hadn’t brought the Chosen… If I hadn’t tried to make Zsadist feed the way I did. Eventually Phury collapses to the floor, his twin holding him and I can see the golden sheen to Zsadist’s eyes as he kneels there beside Phury. We need to get Phury to his female. He needs her. My fingers twine tightly behind my back as I stand next to my King. I begin to shake as I watch my Brother being held, bloodied and battered, the copper scent strong in my nose. The Brothers, they were all I had and to see any one of them hurt like this… I swallow hard, refusing to tear up, that will wait until I’m alone.*

Wrath: [Once again I actually found myself grateful that I had no vision. This was the last thing that I had ever wanted to see and it tore through me that everyone else had to witness it. The sounds were enough, Scribe the sounds were enough… And still I had the keen sense of smell that told me every emotion of everyone in the room right now. It was staggering to say the least. The anguish was enough to melt even the coldest heart. It didn’t matter whether my eyes were open or closed right now so they dropped shut and I stood calmly in the middle of the storm of it all. It was almost as if the temperature of the room had suddenly changed. Through all of the pain and sorrow the underlying feeling of love carried through and now it resonated like a bell. I could not see the sight before me but I knew it was over with. The sharp sounds of chain hitting flesh died off and all that was left were mumbled words of apology, tears and Phury’s desire to be with his female. I cleared the lump in my throat and called out in a voice that was steadier than I actually felt right now.] The price has been paid and we will no longer speak of the crime. Justice has been served and all honor is intact. We will go forward from this point and become stronger together. [I brought my fist up to my heart and bowed my head.]

No comments:

Post a Comment