Monday, December 30, 2013

Let’s Try This Again


FOLSOM - *staring at the door, I figured it was James, and sighed pushing myself up. The older guy had been nice he me, and I couldn’t bring myself to be rude to him. Standing I made my way over, turning the knob, jaw clenching as I see V*What?
VISHOUS - Grinning slyly when Folsom opened the door.”Miss me Sunshine?" I looked past you into the room and then back to the guy standing before me."I think it’s past time me and you had a sit down without the BS. How about you invite me in and be sociable?
FOLSOM - *watching V I wondered at what game he was playing. Rolling my shoulders in a slight shrug, I waved him in, and stepped aside*
VISHOUS - I stepped inside and dragged a chair that was situated in front of a desk, around and took a seat. “How about I tell you the basics and you tell me what I have wrong and fill in the blanks, then we will switch it up and you can fire away with whatever you might want to know and I am sure as fuck thinking you have a lot that you want to ask or question about. Deal?
FOLSOM - *sitting in the chair near the window, I again shrugged, nodding slowly. I wasn’t sure what the basics were, but I guessed was going to tell me* Sure.*watching you as you sat down, I sunk back. I wasn’t getting out of here without some change*
VISHOUS - I kicked my legs out in front of me and nodded at the Doggen when he came in bearing a tray with two glasses and two bottles. I flicked a gaze over to Folsom.”I’m assuming you could use a drink, I know I sure as fuck can right now.” After the tray was set down on the desk I poured two glasses and handed one to Folsom. Once again I was floored at how damn much it would be easy to think I was actually sitting across from Butch right now….if I didn’t know my mate the way I do. “I deal in details, it’s in the small things that you learn the most. So lets go from the beginning, I don’t know what led you here, all I do know is you ended up at a club where my kind frequents and in doing so you ran into your mirror image and another brother. Then you had the fucked up luck to witness some shit that humans are not allowed to see. Now if you hadn’t guessed that all produces two main issues. One of course the twin thing you have with Butch, which you both have said leads to also feeling shit with one another and two you know about us. Now, where my Brothers went belly up and fucked things last night, they should have wiped you and tailed you till we knew what was up, for whatever fucked up reason they decided to leave you with memories of last night and brought you in on us. Now you are stuck with dealing with us just as we are with you. I get that your head’s wiggen, i’ve been in it and seen that shit." I sit up a little and took a drink before going on."My main thing with you is to make sure you aren’t a threat in any way to not just my Brothers but mainly to Butch." I swirled the clear liquid around in my glass and looked from it up to Folsom."I think if you let go of the anger, you’d see where this shit is plausible. You of all people should understand what a threat your loved ones would make a person do. So far all I know about you is your general life story, if you have more that can help fill in the blanks, that would be mighty fucking helpful for me as well as you. You with me or did I lose you around the corner?
FOLSOM - *sitting watching V as he spoke, I came to realize he really liked to talk as much as I did. Getting up I moved to the bed, reaching under it to pull out my bag. Unzipping the duffel I withdrew a ziplock bag, and threw it V. The contents were a pencil, a newspaper from 6 days ago, San Beradino Herald, a pocketful of coins, one that wasn’t American, and I wasn’t even sure was currency. It looks like dull bronze, and not of this era. There was a receipt for gas, and a disposable phone* Five days ago, I got a lead to an apartment building, I heard from the people I had searching Tremez was staying there. I got there, and my best guess is they were tipped. As for things here. If I had wanted to hurt my lookalike, I could have shot him when I was standing behind him armed. I didn’t. I helped them, then turned around to go on my way. Who was I going to tell about you? Friends and family? Until I saw Butch there wasn’t the possibility of those in my life. I felt that shit in the alley from him. I don’t know what that was. I didn’t want it, or ask for it. I did know I had to help him. Now I’m here. What more do you want to know specifically?
VISHOUS - I glanced at the stuff in the bag Folsom tossed me and listened to the rest of the story.”You’re a man that has worked in the underbelly of the prison system for awhile. I’m sure in that time you have picked up on many things. One of which being, to really be a threat to someone is not to play the short game. It’s in the long played out game where you hit a person. Also another thing I’m sure you picked up on is be suspicious of everyone, because it’s when you’re not that you end up with a knife in your back. Now with those two being said, you would be more of a threat by doing exactly what you did last night, because to take Butch out right then and there would have been foolish if you were a true threat. That would end any real form of taking us down. No, if you are a threat, then you would play the long game and now here you sit, inside with us, knowing us. Is that not feasible to you?" Once again I relaxed back and looked at the bag a little closer but not taking anything from it yet. "Now I will go off on the other road. You’re legit and just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong fucking time, you are tracking this fucker and hit a dead end with the club. That could all be fact, right now I have no fucking clue, but I will. I need you though to chill your running and give me that time to get shit figured out, if you are legit, you have my word that I will help you in tracking down this bastard you are hunting."I flashed a wicked grin with a mouth full of teeth showing Folsom. "Hunting is my specialty.
FOLSOM - *again I moved, I picked up the jeans I had worn yesterday that were draped over the chair, and dug down into the pocket fishing out the matchbook I toss that at you too.* If you check the disposable phone in that bag, you will see the number last called was here in Caldwell. I have no idea who it was. The number isn’t active now, and I haven’t gotten word since I am locked up here, and missed the meeting with my contact, what tower it bounced off of. The matchbook was in the apartment.  I had no idea what the place was. That it was your fucking batcave. I came here following a lead. After three years of chasing Tremez down, I’ve learned I can’t overlook anything. I can’t afford to. *shrugs* As for my motives, say what you want I didn’t know about Butch and if I had, I’d have come to find you fuckers a lot sooner to run this asshole down.
VISHOUS - Chuckling I sit the bag and the matchbook on the desk and faced Folsom again.”That’s just it Folsom, I’m not saying anything. What I am doing is thinking about a situation from all angles and laying them out. Like I said a minute ago, you very well could be the boyscout you claim to be and that would be a win/win all around. I’m telling you to try and see it from all angles as well. You have a goal here and I have one myself, I’ll check out the phone and the rest of the stuff, is there anything else I should know?
FOLSOM - There isn’t anything else. I need to get out of here, before Tremez moves on. That’s what you need to know. While you need to watch after your family, I have to deal with the man that destroyed mine. I don’t give a fuck what you said, if someone did to Butch what was done to my family, you wouldn’t want to sit in a house, chit chat, be treated as something you’re not while the fuckers got away. You’d have torn the house down. The difference is, all I have is my anger, since I’m not imbued with the powers to vanish, and reappear and what not.
VISHOUS - Dragging my gloved hand down my face I sit the glass down and got up from the chair.”You don’t listen, you sit there, then speak and that is not listening. I told you, when I check out that you’re legit, you will have my backing, my so called powers at your disposal. Yet you keep bypassing potent info that I am departing to you. I understand the need for revenge, but you are making foolish decisions and letting it cloud your vision. When what stands before you and my brothers could be there very weapon that ends the one you want put down. Think shit over, when you can be chilled and think like a man with a true goal and sight, hit me up." I nod at Folsom and walk through the open bedroom door, down the stairs and out the front door only to demat back to the Manse.

No comments:

Post a Comment