Monday, December 30, 2013

Grabbing a Drink


Zsadist
[Nods] wanna grab a drink? [hand moving over my head]
Butch
Always up for a drink, my man. You buying? -laughs-
Zsadist
[Snorts and pats my wallet in the back pocket of my leathers] no doubt
Butch
Well alright then! -grins wide- Let’s do this! Where we going?
Zsadist
[Looks at the cop] Mmm depends..you want to be around humans or vampires?
Butch
I’m not the one that hates humans oh-snarly-one. -chuckles- But honestly there aint really an all vamp place now is there?
Zsadist
No but didn’t know if you wanted to hang around rehv and his crew [Cracks knuckles then murmurs] I don’t hate humans..well…most
Butch
Yeah yeah yeah… And I’m a leprechaun. I’d be harder pressed to find anyone you do like. -laughs- You’re driving I don’t care where.
Zsadist
[Chuckles and moves outside with Butch] times like these I wish you could demat[Unlocks my Porsche with a click of the button]
Butch
-rolls my eyes- Well soooooorrrry. Don’t ask the halfblood to go out for drinks then.-slide into the car and waits for Z-
Zsadist
[Snorts and gets into the drivers side] like you just the way you are cop [Starts up the car, the engine roaring]
Butch
-looks over at Z with a fake frightened gaze- Are we about to have a Hallmark moment here? Cause I forgot my hanky.
Zsadist
[Narrows my eyes, working the gear shift seamlessly as I pull out of the manse and onto the highway] no..[turns on the radio]
Butch
-pulls my head back- Ohhhh kay… No words. Words are stupid anyways. -sings loudly with the music instead-
Zsadist
[Lets out a grunt hitting about ninety on the highway, swerving in and out of cars I steal a glance at you] nice voice cop
Butch
-chokes out a laugh mid-chorus- Ya right! I sound like a someone ran over the cat in the alleyway three times. I know this.
Zsadist
[Smirks cause you didn’t get my sarcasm but then gets serious for a moment] to be honest though I like the Boston accent..and when you want to you could sing not to bad [Lips twitch then turns into downtown caldwell]
Butch
-cracks a smile and slaps Z’s chest with the back of my hand- This coming from the voice of an angel sent straight from God. -laughing- Come on now I can’t even count the times I’ve been harassed for this accent by you and all the other brothers.
Zsadist
I happen to like it..even when you replace your R’s with H’s [Chuckles slightly amused then murmurs] it’s different..I like different..[Shrugs then pulls up to an Irish pub, figuring you would get a kick out of it]
Butch
-starts to say something in reply and then notices where Z pulled up- Oh damn! -laughs- Where’d you find this place? I haven’t been here since I was a cop. Oh snap…. I hope they don’t recognize me. -looks down at my suit and back up at Z- I look different right? Shit even my cap won’t help me here.
Zsadist
[Blinks suddenly feeling like I fucked up] um...[Looks around in the car then murmurs] don’t worry about it ill ah.. [Thinks for a bit at all the places I know in Caldwell..where could I take the cop. Putting the car in reverse]
Butch
-wrinkles my nose and sits back in a huff- It’s not your fault. I was… I was a pretty mean drunk. I didn’t really think about it much either. Guess I should have since I don’t have that slick lil ability to make people forget I was around.
Zsadist
[Nudges you shoulder before taking off back down the main road] it’s cool cop..I didn’t know this was one of your regulars when you were a human [Looks around, deciding to make a right turn down another road] think there is a dive bar up here..
Butch
There is. -laughs again- Maybe we should just stick to Zerosum. I kinda was a regular in a lot of places. -sheepish shrug-
Zsadist
oh...[Quickly drives past the place and shifts a bit in the leather seat] alright…[Heads straight towards ZeroSum wondering what kind of shit will be going down tonight. Tapping my fingers on the steering wheel]
Butch
-Looks over at Z while he’s driving feeling a need to explain myself.- I wasn’t what you would call a happy guy back then. Most places I couldn’t even tell you for sure if I frequented them or not. -noticing Z’s fingers tapping away on the wheel- What’s on your mind Brother?
Zsadist
[Pulls into the parking lot of ZeroSum, more towards the back. I murmur] yeah not a fan of crowds [Looks over] On my mind? A lot of things…always..all the time[Takes out the keys then rests my hand on the door handle]
Butch
Well then it’s a good damn thing that we have a cozy table all the way in the back where we don’t have to mess with anyone else. -I patted Z on the shoulder and got out of the car- Let’s grab that drink so we can start with the chit chat.
Zsadist
ok..[Gets out, locking the car before I pocket the keys. Hand reaches up to run over my skull trim as I move towards the back door. The chit chat that butch mentioned kind of freaked me out but I know my brother knew when not to push. Moving into the VIP section I take our normal seat, flagging down a waitress]
Butch
-I flop down in the booth across from Z and raise my finger to the waitress, tossing her a wink. I knew that you weren’t hip to the talking thing so I decided to lead off.-Did I tell you the good news?! I am a married male now. -grinning wide as hell and tapping my ring on the table- All official and shit.
Zsadist
[Blinks then looks over at butch, my eyes slowly traveling to your hand. Taking in the shiny new ring before flickering back up to you] damn..what…when..how? I mean fuck congrats..[Grunts then lets out a slow chuckle] did you manage to get Vishous in a tux? [When the waitress comes I order goose]
Butch
-smiling so wide that it hurts my face and bobbing my head- Hell, he’s the one that arranged it all. Blew my ever loving mind. Pulled up out front of a church in the middle of no where and went down on his knee. -I held up a finger to have Z wait a second while I pulled out my phone. I flicked to the picture that was now my background photo and held it up for Z to see- Check this shit out.
Zsadist
[Lets out a snort about to crack a joke but then my eyes take in the photo truly…you both looked…so happy. Even Vishous who was always the brother that in some ways shared some of the darkness I had…someone I thought would never settle down and now he’s married…My lips twitch. I was happy for my brother..all of them..and as long as they were happy..I was]
Butch
One of them memories you never forget. -Tucks my phone back in my pocket and pulls out a smoke, tapping the end on the table before sticking it in my mouth and lighting up.- It’s important to have more happy memories than bad ones. -Looking at Z with an arched brow and taking a swig of my Lag. I didn’t go so far as to say ‘you know what I mean’ but that was what I was getting at.-
Zsadist
[Slowly extends a hand as you pull out your smokes] mind if I bum one? [I knew what butch was implying but in my head it was only one dark path..though I did my hardest to allow good moments with my brothers. I liked to watch them joke around and such even if I was having not so great thoughts in my head. I did well to push them away at times]
Butch
Mrm hrm… -I pinched my smoke between my lips and reached tapped another one out for Z.- I know that you’ve been round a whole hell of a lot longer than I have. So yeah, you probably got a well of shit that would make mine look like a drop in the bucket. -I leaned across the table with my lighter ready for Z- We’ve talked before. You can unload on me when ya just feel like howling at the moon.
Zsadist
[Snorts and lights my cigarette thanks to butch’s help. Pulling back with a deep inhale, smoke blowing out of my nostrils in a cloud] yeah I know cop..[Grunts picking up my drink, swirling the clear liquid around in the glass] lately..it’s been like this reminder in my head..I’ve been trying to get my strength up but..the nightmares have been horrendous
Butch
-I relaxed back and tapped my cigarette on the edge of the ashtray. The noise of the place was actually nice because a quieter place would have made this convo nearly non-existent. I chewed on the inside of my mouth as I listened to Z recalling my own problems with nightmares I thought that maybe I understood something of where Z was coming from.- Getting your strength up?… -I looked over at the brother that I’d always considered strong.- You off because you destroyed that skull? Cause I think that was a good move for ya.
Zsadist
Well…um..I ah..fed…and um..[Shifts uncomfortable in my seat before downing half my drink] ate..some food [Takes another drag of my cigarette before flickering my black eyes to your hazel ones] yeah..it’s got me a bit paranoid now that I don’t have the reminder [Clenches my fist a bit with a grunt]
Butch
-The corner of my lip turned up when I heard that Z had fed. I scooted a little closer to him and lowered my voice some.- How’d you like it? The feeding I mean? I still am kinda amazed at the whole blood thing. I thought I wouldn’t like it. And oh my god real food… so many things for you to enjoy the hell out of. Like a guy that’s been on an island for his whole life. -I downed some more of my Lag and met Z’s gaze- You’re wrong you know. You do have a reminder and you always will. Up here… -I tapped my temple with a finger- …and in here… -Tapping my chest over my heart- Memories you can never shake. Feelings you will always have. You wake up every night living proof that bitch is dead.
Zsadist
[Blinks and looks around the club before meeting the Irishman’s soft gaze]well..yeah..it was different. I’ve been living off of human blood for quite sometime..[Grunts] I could feel the energy coursing through my veins..and it had a richer taste Especially since it was a purebred chosen [Runs fingertips over the rim of my glass] food was..good..fritz is a good cook and he’s been nice enough to let me watch him prepare the food..got me on these protein shakes as well [Puts the cig out in the ashtray] every since I fainted in wraths office he’s been on my case to feed and all..haven’t done too much but small steps
Butch
Humans huh… -scrunching my face- I always did kinda wonder how you managed. But shit man, look at you now! -grinning and giving Z a swat on the shoulder- You actually look like ya fit that big ole head ya rub all the time. -Chuckling and taking a drag on my smoke- That Chosen stuff is all I’ve really had aside from V but yeah it’s a trip. And Fritz is a culinary god. I don’t think there’s a soul out there that could do better than that guy. You should totally experiment with what he can do. Find out what you like and such. -I finished off my Lag and raised my hand for another- See these are all just things that tell you what’s what. Small steps are the only way to go.
Zsadist
[Lets out a soft breath, leaning back against the seat before gaze around the VIP section as I speak] yeah I feel you on that one and I will in time..still getting use to all of this. It’s a big change for me butch [Cracks at my knuckles] everything is
Butch
-Stamps out the last of my smoke in the ash tray as I watch Z- I gonna go out on a limb here and say that you don’t do well with change. -thinks back on what Z said-So you passed out in Wrath’s office huh? That had to be a barrel of laughs. Some things just have to come along to wake you up though ya know? Shake the timbers and kick ya in the ass.
Zsadist
[Grunts ordering another goose before I peer up at the cop] no…I really don’t like change but hell…it is what it is [My eyes scan the club. Taking in the humans before looking back] yeah that was a mess..and I was doing so good..just took my hand off the damn fireplace [Snorts] and I went down
Butch
-laughs loudly taking a drink from the fresh Lag placed in front of me- Oh hell! Like a sack of potatoes no doubt. I can see that now. -slapping my hands together-That’s all she wrote. -laughing some more before finally getting it under control-Seriously though brother, most people don’t like change. It’s all in how you roll with it.
Zsadist
[Scrubs my hand over my skull trim before taking a swig of my drink] I really don’t like change though but yeah..I feel what you are saying..[Cracks my neck then murmurs] it’s hard with the feeding and eating but..I feel stronger. I was in the gym the other day and I had more stamina [Grunts] hopefully I can go out on rotation soon
Butch
Okay now come on, that’s a pretty awesome side effect. Just think of all the lesser you can fuck up now! -eyes bright with encouragement for Z- Sometimes it pays to look at the good. I know it sounds like some kinda cheesy shit I heard at Sunday School but seriously man… You’ve come a long way and you should be proud of it.-nodding with a grin-
Zsadist
[Lets out a soft chuckle as I hear butch’s words. It was hard not to laugh at what the brother said..he was one funny fucker just don’t tell him that or his head would get big. I down the rest of my drink before looking up at you] I know and that’s why I’m waiting for wrath or tohr to give me the green so I can get out there [Cracks my neck]
Butch
You know that shit won’t last for long. How stretched thin we are already out there on the streets. Hell I’m willing to bet that they didn’t even want to pull you in the first place. With V and I on our honeymoon lately I can only imagine how bad it is. -stopping and sitting up straighter- No one’s been hurt have they? No brothers came back fucked up?
Zsadist
[Nods my head looking at Butch before I finish off my drink] yeah everyone is fine and dandy..and hopefully you all will be back on rotation in no time [Shifts a bit in my seat, I was feeling sorta uncomfortable but I was happy as fuck that none of rehv’s girls really bothered with me when I was here. Hell with most of the brothers being mated now they hardly messed with us at all. Guess they got tired of being shut down. I snort then murmurs somewhat of a thank you as my drink is refilled]
Butch
-I relaxed noticeably at the new. I’d hate to think that my downtime was harming my brothers in any way.- That’s good. And like you said if you have more stamina now you should be out and fighting in no time.
Zsadist
[Scrubs a hand over my jaw before darting my eyes over at Butch giving a soft grunt] Yeah…fritz gave me a protein shake this morning that wasn’t to bad [Picks up my drink, talking against the rim of my glass] He asked me what my favorite foods were and I said…hell I don’t have any [Snorts then takes a sip of my drink..really stopping to think for a moment. Scribe look how far I have gotten…I was feeding…and eating]
Butch
-My face wrinkled up- Protein shakes? That doesn’t even sound appetizing. How the hell do you choke that shit down? Need to introduce you to some omelets or something. Fritz makes some good ones, melt in your mouth. Like I said, ya just need to experiment with the different things. Shit, try em all!
Zsadist
[Shakes my head] We tried some heavy shit and it upset my stomach…gotta start slow brother mine and I don’t mind the shakes to much [Downs the rest of my drinks] He puts peanut butter in one and I found a love for that stuff now [Grunts]go figure

No comments:

Post a Comment