Friday, May 31, 2013

Among the Lesser


Butch
-I drove by the address a few times before finally deciding to suck it up. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting but this was not it. Across the street was what looked like a church that had been put in a bad part of town. It was covered in graffiti and all of the windows where boarded up. I sat down on the hood of the car I had stolen and scrubbed my hand through my hair. There were a few choices in front of me but being a lapdog wasn’t one of them. The one guy that they had standing out front, trying to appear casual, had been eyeballing me since I first drove by. I could feel the connection to him and frankly it made me sick. No sense putting this off any longer. If I was in Hell, than I was going to play. A crooked grin slid over my face and I pushed off of the car to walk across the street. The ‘guard’ was new, I found that I could still read these fucks like an open book, and he was slightly jumpy. Maybe it was the sneer on my face… I didn’t want him to reach for the bulge that inside his coat that was so obviously a gun. So I waved all pleasant as fuck, gritting my teeth the whole time. He seemed to relax a tad and I leaned up against the building next to him. ‘You must be a new recruit.’ Even his voice was annoying, all squeaky and high pitched, like he hadn’t even finished puberty yet. I forced a calm on myself that I didn’t truly feel and nodded.- Seems that way. Say, you wouldn’t happen to have a smoke would you? I’m dying over here. -He fished around in his coat and I caught a good look at his gun. Not high quality, but beggars can’t be choosers. He also had a knife in his boot that I wasn’t even remotely concerned about. He finally found what he was searching for and handed it to me. I flashed him a smile and leaned close to his outstretched flame. I knew he saw my fangs. I didn’t care.- You’re a life saver. -Taking a deep drag. I blew the smoke out into his face and grabbed his gun at the same time. He was still blinking when I brought the gun up under his chin. The look of confusion on his face was priceless. Something must have finally clicked for him because he opened his mouth to raise an alarm. I shook my head and wagged a finger.- None of that now.-His gaze locked with mine and I had him. A wicked smile crept on my face. If I could still do that than it stood to reason that I could do everything else as well.-You fucks have invited the wrong male into your little cult. -His eyes bulged when I opened my mouth and drew in his essence. I grabbed his jacket at the last minute and pulled it from a cloud of dust. I shoved the gun down the back of my pants and put the coat on. I paused before opening the door and looked at the pile on the ground. That didn’t make me sick… In fact, it made me feel stronger…-
-I went through the door with a hand on the gun at my back. I wasn’t sure what I was going to see on the other side. In the foyer there was a rather surly lesser that only spared me a glance before he huffed and went back to work cleaning his gun. I looked to either side and noted that he was alone. Hiding a grin I walked over to him. As soon as he tilted his head up to ask me what the fuck I wanted, I took his dagger sitting on the table and buried it in his throat. Something in me snapped and I laughed maniacally. I leaned over the fucker that was too dumb to realize that he was dead. His arms whipped back and forth trying to grab something that could help him. I looked straight into his dull eyes and inhaled slowly. Almost enjoying something I once loathed. I dusted off my hands and took a moment to put the lesser’s gun back together, shoving it into the inner pocket of the coat I took from the last guy. This shit was definitely amping me up. I flexed my hand and rolled my head. Cracking my neck and realigning my shoulders. The Omega told me to report to the forelesser. He didn’t say shit about letting the fucker live. I made my way around the building picking off all of the lone lessers that were in various rooms. Even picked off a few that were sleeping. All I had left to do now was walk all inconspicuously through an old chapel that had a random smattering lesser here and there. I walked by a mirror and had to stop. The thing that stared back at me was completely unrecognizable. I leaned in closer hoping that I was in there somewhere. I must have sped up the process when I began inhaling lesser.- He wouldn’t even recognize me now… -I ripped the mirror off of the wall and broke it over my knee.-
-I strolled right through the crowd of lesser that were camped out in the chapel of the church. A few glanced up but none of them paid me any heed. Just another lesser walking back to see the ‘boss’. I could sense him as easily as anything else sitting in some office in the back. I slipped inside the room and locked the door behind me. My lip curled upward staring at the fucker who had tortured me only days before. He must have sensed something was wrong because I could taste the fear rolling off of him. I placed my hands on the desk and leaned over it.- What’s the matter? Did you expect the Omega to deliver you a new puppy to play with? -I could feel him trying to exert some type of control over me and I backhanded him harshly.- Not this time. You’re playing my game now. -From beneath the desk, he pulled a gun and fired wildly. I stood there and took it right through the shoulder. Whipping my other hand out to snatch the gun from him and bludgeon him over the head with it. I threw the gun across the room and pulled out one of the daggers that I had stolen. I kicked the desk aside and shoved the dagger into his stomach. Ripping a gaping hole upward only to stop just below his heart. My fangs elongated and I grabbed a fistful of the forelesser’s useless internal organs and showed them to him. He fell to the ground and I leaned over him to finish the job. It wasn’t hard to feel the power rolling through as I took what was his and the Omega’s. When I stepped back out of the office, all eyes were turned to me. I wasn’t sure what they wanted but I seized the opportunity.- New orders. Stop fucking with the Brotherhood, there is a way more ruthless band of assholes out there and they will butcher you if you continue to ignore them. -I gave a brief description of what I knew of the Band of Bastards and what they looked like and sprawled out on top of what used to be the altar, staring up at a defiled form of Jesus on the Cross. It seemed appropriate. I was hollow, dead inside. My religion couldn’t save me now.-

No comments:

Post a Comment