Friday, May 31, 2013

V's Plan


V
After Wrath and Quinn left the PT room, I turned around and bent down picking up the stretcher from the floor, righted it back up on its legs, I laid my hands on it. My eyes swept the full length of it, I knew he was gone but fuck it was only hours ago Butch was laid out right here. Gritting my teeth trying hard to push the all too dam familiar need for pain away “ I got this “ as soon as the words were out of my mouth I grabbed up the gurney and slammed it down on the ground, more I needed more. Pulling my dagger from my holster, my body dropped hard to the ground and I set about butchering the helpless bed, each strike from the blade was harder then the last and it still wasn’t enough to release the demons that were warring inside me. My head was reeling, I had him, finally and something keeps yanking Butch away from me, a demonic growl ripped from deep in me and I jumped up to my feet scanning the room wildly and came up empty. Gripping my gloved hand on the dagger I thought empty said it all. Laying my arm out I ran the end of the blade from the inside of my elbow down to my wrist, my blood instantly welled up and slid down the sides of my arm. Closing my eyes,I let my head fall back some and a slow sigh rolled out, pulling my head back up, my gaze more focused, I re holstered my blade after wiping it clean on my shirt. I left the room, walking steadily to the pit. Not turning to look at anything I went straight to my room and layered myself in more weapons then I have in the past.  “ Fucking Rambo has nothing on this stuff “Snarling I grabbed up a shirt and swiped it over my bloody arm before pulling on my long black leather trench. Stalking from the room, I was heading towards the garage when Wrath’s parting words played in my head. Turning on my heals and pounding my way to the main house to search Beth out and see if this will lead to anything. Each step took me further away from getting out there and finding Butch, I felt it in me as sure as I felt the blood still running down my arm.
Beth
-Butting out another smoke, I rested my head in my hands, rubbing my temples. If I was this rattled, lord only knew how V was dealing. I let out a heavy sigh and grabbed my pack, lighting up again and using my past researching skills to try to dig deeper-
V
Not bothering with knocking I walk on unto the study, ” Wrath Said you might have something Beth ” Barely stepping far from the door, The feeling of Butch getting even farther away, was pulling at me stronger with each fucked up minute that passed by. 
Beth
-glancing up when V enters- It’s possible. That lunatic Havers mentioned something he was working on, might get that crap outta him at least -sighing- I know he couldn’t have been working on it on his own, but -shrugging- I need more info
V
My brow cocks up hard and I nod, I try to grip onto hearing about this but I come up blank ” What do you need, I’ll get it? ”Stepping over behind the desk looking down at the monitors, my voice drops low ” Thank you Beth “ 
Beth
It’s a matter of getting into his files to see who else was working on it and if there’s like a ‘vampire donor’ database or some shit -shaking my head and moving over so you can see- He was doing transplants and transfusions and whatnot. There’s no need to thank me, V. Butch means a fucking lot to me too. Know that I would do anything I can for any of you.
V
Moving Beth hands off the keyboard, I pull into the my set up and within a couple minutes everything that was on Haver’s drive was displayed on Beth desktop ”What was he trying to do with the transplants and transfusion, what was the end picture ?” Nods ” Still, I say thanks, just except it. right now It’s all I have ” Double clicks on a file that says test theory results. 
Beth
-Stares slack jawed at V when the information starts flooding my screen-Sonofabitch, V. He was trying to set it up so a vampire wouldn’t have to rely on others for blood ya know. Flush out the old, regenerate shit so -scratching my head- Kinda tuned out a lot of what he said. I was a little preoccupied trying not to ya know. -looking over at the screen again- Looks like he had it figured out…and there was another doctor helping him. Bastard wanted to revolutionize medicine for ya…us all I suppose-tapping the screen- We get him, we get him back -nods all defiantly, bound and determined not to give up hope.- We WILL get him back, V. Butch is going to come home.
V
So we need this Dr, and this study,I’ll retrieve Butch, from where ever the fuck he is and have Rhage go and take the Dr ” Grits my teeth standing back up ” I know he’s coming back, cause I will carry his ass back ” Steps over to the door as the pull or was it it fear, shaking my head ” I gotta go now. Will you get that info to Rhage so he can get the Dr, Beth “ 
Beth
I’m on it, sweets. I’ll get Rhage the info and whatever else we need, you just get our boy and be safe for the love of all. -Pushing back from my desk after V leaves, I go searching the halls for Rhage. I hoped he would be up to the task.-
V
I throw up a two finger salute over my shoulder at Beth as I beat tracks out of the study and down the stairs, tearing out the front door like the hounds of fade were on my ass. I jump in the SUV and peal out of in front of the Manse. My head was humming with a steady vibration that only grew stronger as I sped down the rounding road. I knew I had flooded Butch’s veins with enough of my blood during the transfusion that all I needed was a general location to be able to zone in on him. I kept drilling over the stuff Haver’s had been testing, tricky Bastard that he was, if this worked then the Dr did something right at least. Pulling my phone from my pocket as I kept heading further away from the Manse, I look at the screen and take a hard right when I see the location the GPS was directing. Going about two miles I see the Escalade pulled off to the side, stopping in the middle of the road, I jump out and find pretty much what I expected, not a fucking thing. He had been here but ditched it like the Cop that he is, Opening the driver side door, the strong odor hit me in the face and I had to suck in a breath and hold it, slamming the door shut I go around and get back in the SUV I left in the road. Shoving it in reverse I fish tailed it around and headed towards town. My eyes narrowed as I ran a series of red lights, tonight it was a free for all, human or lesser, it didn’t matter, if they got in my way, they would easily be removed, the glove was off tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment