Friday, May 31, 2013

Torn Apart


V
Drawing a deep breath, sitting up more on the stool, I throw the used needles in the secured trash. My hand shook slightly and I flexed my fingers trying to work the sleeping feeling in my arm & hand. Looking up at Butch still sedated. Through out the whole transfusion He never moved a muscle or even flinched and the smell was still rancid in the air. Dragging my hand down over my stumbled face”Somethings gotta give ” Pushing my palms against the side of the gurney, raising up, my legs bow slightly under my weight ” Shit, I need a drink ” Getting my bearings under me, I walk to the large bathroom across the room and before I could even shut the door I found my face smacking The cold tile floor and my last thoughts before passing out were (oh fuck) .
Butch
-I come awake suddenly, sitting bolt upright on the gurney and looking around in a daze. It took my mind a moment to even figure out where I was. It took even longer to remember how I could have gotten here. I looked down at my chest where I remembered the giant needle sink into me. The smell in the room sent me reeling. I scrambled off the gurney and puked up a thick black liquid into the trash can. My body felt like it had gone through a battle and simply tossed in the towel. Yet somehow it was different from what I normally felt when I inhaled lesser. I still felt strength in my limbs, not the weak as a newborn shit. I didn’t have much time to marvel on this however, my eyes locked onto the unmistakable form of my male laying on the floor of the bathroom.- Oh God, V! -I careened across the floor and cradled him in my arms.- Nallum. What is going on here? -I pressed my head to V’s forehead and rocked back and forth. No rational thought broke through in my mind that felt like scrambled eggs. A different smell broke through the thickness of baby powder and decay. I couldn’t quite place it, something like Obsession for Men. I turned my head, thinking that someone else was in the room. In fact I could almost hear them… No one was there but I was hearing something.- Great, now you’re hearing voices. -A chill ran straight down my spine when I finally identified the voice. The unmistakable drawl of the Omega. And it wasn’t just a voice… He was calling me, sure as shitting, but I could feel it tugging at my entire being. I knew that if I didn’t get the hell out of here, he was going to come to me anyway. I looked back down at V. Tears streamed down my face. I would not let the Omega have V too. He was MINE and that fucker could go straight back to hell before I gave him over. Another wave of the scent washed through the room and I bent to kiss him before laying him back down gently.- Forgive me, my love. -I pulled the fire alarm on my way out of the room. Knowing that at least that would get someone down here to help V. Dashing through the hallways quickly until I hit the garage. I jumped into the Escalade and floored it. Getting the fuck away before I endangered everyone around me.-
Wrath
[I fly out of my chair when I hear the fire alarm, over turning the flimsy piece of crap in the process. I stop Fritz in the hallway and demand to know where the alarm is coming from. He finally manages to stammer out an answer and my feet pound the ground as I head to the PT room. Skidding to a halt just inside the door. No Butch but a sprawled out V…] What the fuck?! [I yell at a doggen to turn the blasted fire alarm off and crouch down next to V checking his pulse]
V
Gritting my eyes closed as the repeating loudness kept cause a searing pain to shoot through my eyes. Pulling my hand from what ever was grasping it and rubbing my forehead as I blink my eyes a few times before focusing in on Wrath “Damn, stop that fucking noise ” Groans painfully as I roll over and pull myself up, letting my head hang between my knees. 
Wrath
[The alarms finally turn off and I back off of V a little bit] Tell me this isn’t what it looks like. [motioning toward the empty gurney] He didn’t knock you out and run out of here…
V
It takes only a second for Wrath’s words to sink into my still buzzing head. Throwing my hand down on the ground by me, I push myself up and slightly stagger into the room. My head turning so hard searching the room, I heard it snap ” What did you Fucking do with him “turning around looking accusingly Wrath ” He was heavily sedated and now he just up and fucking disappears?”
Wrath
[I rest a hand on you when I see you stagger] Easy, V. I didn’t do anything with him. This is how I found you. If he didn’t sucker punch you than how did you end up on the floor?
Qhuinn
[Walking back from the training center, I barely heard the alarms over the sound of my headphones. I looked up and swore I saw Butch running down the halls towards the garage. Furrowing my brow, I simply figured I overdid it in the gym. But since I was here, I turned toward the infirmary and decided to pay a visit to Butch and see if they needed anything. Stopping in the doorway when I see V and Wrath and no sign of Butch, I let out a string of soft curses and try to back away quietly]
V
My eyes dart to the trash, seeing the black filth and then back to Wrath ” I tried a transfusion ” Dropping my head ” I was doing anything I could think of to get that stuff out of him, I got up afterwards and fuck I went down like a brick” Taking a harsh deep breath and squaring my shoulders off as I raise my head back up” I gotta go after him, his ass can’t be that fucking far ” Blinking a few more times rapidly as shit started to freeze flash through my mind.
Wrath
[My hand flies backward to Qhuinn without turning around] Don’t you fucking back away. I know you are there. Put your ass to use and get V a Chosen. [Placing a firm hand on V] You aren’t going anywhere until you are fed. And don’t even fucking argue with me about it.
V
Jerking my head when I see a flash of someone, every part of me gripping onto maybe Butch would be there but seeing Qhuinn instead. My head turns back slowly to Wrath , my voice harsh and low “Fuck this is killing me “Nods slowly “Get the chosen,then I’m a out“Sags back against the gurney,grabbing the sheet from it,& inhaling it deeply. 
Qhuinn
[Swallowing hard when Wrath ‘catches’ me, I mumble out a “Yes, Sir” and pick up the phone to call Phury. I watch V collapse against the gurney and debate telling them what I saw. Telling Phury that we need a chosen here asap before I hang up]She’ll be here in a few [sticking close to the door] 
Wrath
You are no help to anyone if you are dead. [The dread of what actually happened here sinking deep in my stomach. I keep the obvious to myself. No sense in telling V that the only solution that I immediately saw was death. I nod to Qhuinn when he comes back] Thank you, Qhuinn.
V
I could smell the soft scent of the chosen as soon as she arrived in the door way. Not turning around, I wave my hand over for her to come forward. She starts to speak and I hold my hand up and shake my head “No words, bare your wrist ” I don’t even raise my head as I take her forearm and my fangs automatically slide down and without thinking I dig them into her flesh, my mindset on auto pilot and I do what’s needed her sharp intake of breath went over me and I let the blood flow freely over my fangs until I had my fill Quickly retracting my canines from her wrist I swipe my tongue over the marks ” Thanks” looks at Wrath “Happy now?“ 
Wrath
Happy is not the word of the moment and you know it. This is a giant clusterfuck and I’m getting sick just thinking about it. I won’t deny that he needs to be found. But you know why. And it’s not to get his advice on a new suit. 
V
Pushing off the gurney hard enough it slams back against the wall and flips over ”Nobody’s touching him get that shit right through your fucking head now ” My jaws clinch up and I shake my head ” You know I will take care of this stuff, so don’t go letting the dogs loose yet, and so were clear, you come after him, you come after me, also I’m not that far gone to bring him back here till I get him clean,I do get that brother
Butch
-I ditch the SUV and hotwire another car. Some crappy piece of shit Pinto that was on the road. Even without V, they could find me by the GPS and I wasn’t going to give them the chance. I drove like a maniac, trying to get as far away from the mansion as I could before the call of the Omega was too much to ignore. Somewhere near the opposite side of town I finally pulled over. Gripping my skull as I stumble out of the car. The fucker was screaming in my ears now. I dropped to the dirt and gave in to it. My entire body curled into a ball, arms over my head and fingers clawing my hair. He appears in a gust of wind and the smell of corpses. My stomach dropped through my body and I almost thought that I was going to puke again. His words played through my mind instead of really coming from a mouth. ‘You are my creature now.’ I tried to deny it but I couldn’t even move. He had me locked in place. The most I could do was flash the anger through my eyes. ‘You will do as you are directed.’ My mouth finally opened and a loud scream echoed through the empty lot- NEVER!
Wrath
[Folding my arms over my chest as i listen to V. I can hear the sincerity in his tone and I carefully weigh the options before replying] I don’t want you out in the wind alone on this, V. We can still help you. I know that Beth has been working tirelessly to find a solution to this. Before you leave, at least talk to her. 
Beth
-My eyes close for the briefest of moments and something tickles the back of my brain and the wheels start spinning faster. I sat up and nearly up-ended my chair in the process. If that lunatic was right, if he truly had a way to do what he said…we might be able to actually  get that crap out of Butch. For a split second, I actually regretted his death, but only a second. That information had to be around somewhere and if anyone could find it, it would be V.
Qhuinn
[Keeping one eye on V and Wrath , I quietly thank the Chosen and lift my head] I know I am not at your level, but if I can help in anyway [squaring my shoulders trying to appear more confident than I feel] 
Butch
-An evil laughter peeled through my entire body and it feels like someone took a cheese grater to my spine. I watch a dark shadowy hand extend from the Omega’s robe and he holds it there in the mock of a puppeteer. When he lifts it a few inches, I straighten up off the ground. He flicks a finger and I punch myself in the face. I spit out black blood and snarl back at him- You’ve made your point. -The Omega gave me control of my body only after he was done with it, in something that seemed to stretch out for hours and left my mind screaming to forget it immediately. ‘Good. Now report to the forelesser like a good little boy and maybe I won’t send you after your Beloved.’ My body swayed and I fell against the car. I knew that this asshat could do exactly what he threatened. He gave me an address and I mechanically stepped into the car and drove away.-

No comments:

Post a Comment