Friday, May 31, 2013

Dhestroyed Pit


Butch
-I woke up on the floor behind the bar. Any movement caused slicing pain to rip through me and it took awhile for me to figure out the cause. I lifted my hand to my face to see shards of glass embedded deep in the skin. I rolled on my back to remove them only to find that I had passed out on a literal bed of glass.- Good fucking move, idiot. -Apparently I had ripped through every damn liquor bottle because the entire bar was empty. And from the feel of it I was currently laying on all of the bottles. I half contemplated just remaining there. Staring up at the ceiling with the huge, hollow hole in my chest that refused to close. The stubborn ass in me forced me to rise from the floor. When my head popped out from behind the bar with a loud groan, I noticed that someone else was in the room. Fritz’s eyes damn near looked ready to explode from his face as he looked around the destroyed room. He seemed to gather his wits enough to clear his throat and come toward me. All his bowing and scraping made me want to puke up all the contents of my stomach and I almost did. I waved him away assuring him that I was in fact fine. Fat fucking lie that one… I pulled myself to my feet and could almost picture what I looked like. Something close to Pinhead I’m sure. That’s fine, I felt like a horror movie monster right now. Fritz backed away and mumbled something about getting help.- I’m FINE!! Don’t bring a parade of fuckers in here! -I almost felt bad for yelling at the poor old man when he quickened his step and closed the door behind him. I really should have put a shirt on before rolling around in glass like it was an ice cream topping. I propped the edge of my ass up on the bar stool and hiked my foot up on my leg. Walking was going to be an issue if I didn’t take care of this shit right now. My hands began shaking after the first few where pulled free. I wasn’t even sure why I bothered but I just kept going. By the time I was done both feet where covered in blood and I was starting to get light headed. And there was the floor again… yep… fun times…-
Wrath
[At first I don’t look up when Fritz enters the study, assuming that he is busy with some task and not paying him much attention. The stink of his emotions wafts through the room and I instantly rise to my feet, placing my hands on the desk.]Who? [He lifts his head slightly and replies with a simple, ‘Butch’.] And V? [The doggen shakes his head and I brush past him down the hallway mumbling under my breath. My feet pound across the mansion as thoughts race through my head. I hit the door to the Pit with Fritz following in my trial. The scene before me is entirely to jumbled for me to process properly. The smell of blood and alcohol assaults my senses before anything else and I rush to the source. Finding Butch sprawled out on the floor, I reach down to roll him over only to draw my hands back quickly. Blood flowing from a cut. I turn my head and bark out to Fritz.] Find Beth.[I catch the vague image of white hair leaving the room before turning back to Butch and carefully trying to roll him over again.]
Beth
-Standing with a stretch, my head turns towards the door at the frantic footsteps coming down the hall. Worry sweeping through me, I walk out and nearly get bulled over by Fritz. Relief and panic in his words he explains the situation and tells me I need to go to the Pit immediately. Taking a deep breath, I ask him to get the first aid kit and meet me in the pit. Muttering to myself- Never a dull moment with those two -I started towards the pit wondering what the hell happened this time.- Fritz if you see Rhage, tell him I’ll be with him as soon as I can, ok? -taking the bag from the doggen waiting near the entrance to the pit, I entered cautiously, not knowing what the hell to expect, calling out to Wrath and Butch-
Wrath
[Lifting my head up and waving Beth over] I need your eyes. I can’t see the extend of the damage to Butch. There is too much blood. [shifting uneasily around the body]
Beth
-Carefully making my way over to Wrath and Butch, eyes wide as I kneel carefully next to Butch- What the hell, Butchy Don’t you know better than to nap in glass? -sighing heavily- He’s covered in glass, love. We need to move him away from this so I can start picking that shit outta him.
Wrath
I’ll move him. Do me a favor and let me know if V is dead in the next room.[Glancing around the floor] Tell me where to move him first though. All I see is a mess. [Stepping carefully around Butch and hearing the crunch of glass under my boots]
Beth
-biting my lip and looking around, wondering what the hell happened- Probably easiest to put him on the couch for now. I’ll check for V and then come back to take care of him. -Clearing a path through the debris from Butch to the couch, checking each room for signs of V, brow furrowing more with each step- 
Wrath
[I grit my teeth and suck in a breath as I scoop my arms under Butch. Glass cut into my skin and I ignored it. Walking through the path that Beth made and gently laying him on the couch. I could still hear and feel the pulse in him. He wasn’t dead but the pulse was weak.]
Butch
-I let out a loud groan of protest when Wrath set me down. Trying to blink my eyes open enough to see what was going on. Mumbling half incoherently- Leave me alone… 
Beth
-Walking back to the couch, I leaned up to whisper to Wrath- No sign of him, love.-seeing the blood on your arm, but more concerned with the damage to Butch first, I knelt along the couch- Shut up, Butch. You can fight me later. -grabbing the tweezers and pulling out pieces of glass- He’s going to need blood, love.
Wrath
[My brow scrunched together at the news and I looked down at Butch.] What happened here? Where the hell is V? [I took the first aid kit from Fritz when he came in and handed it to Beth. Having him call in a Chosen for Butch]
Butch
-My head rolls to the side and I squeeze my eyes closed. It took me awhile to reply. The words were caught somewhere deep in my throat.- He left. -raising my voice- He fucking left, alright?! 
Beth
-Cleaning up Butch my mouth drops wide and I shake my head- That makes no sense, he -clamping my mouth shut tight not wanting to agitate Butch further, I continue peeling the glass from his body and cleaning as I go-
Wrath
No. You are right, Beth. [Moving around the room and kicking bits of broken furniture from my path] It doesn’t make sense. For many reasons. [Crouching down and running my hand through what looks like a pile of rags. I close my hand around it and lift it. Round beads hit the floor and I hear them run. I stand back up and walk back toward the couch. Leaning over it and inhaling. Trying to cut through the stench. I place a hand against the back of the couch almost staggering.] What is this in my hand, Beth? [Holding up the tattered remains]
Beth
-Turning towards Wrath to see what he’s holding, eyebrows raised- Looks like those robes you have in the closet. You know for special occasions and such. -gently turning Butch and checking to see if I got it all yet- 
Butch
-I turn my head toward the wall and close my eyes. No matter what happened he was gone and that was all that I really knew. His words kept ringing in my ears, ‘Fucking stay away’. Well I didn’t really have a choice in the matter did I?-
Wrath
[Nodding when Beth’s words confirmed what I thought] That’s what they felt like. [Turning my head to Butch] You are blinder than I am and a fool on top of that. Underneath the stench of booze and blood his scent is on you. I almost didn’t pick you up but I thought it was because you had turned yourself into a cactus that I didn’t want to touch you. [Coming around the couch and standing behind Beth. Placing my hands on her shoulders] V went to the Scribe Virgin. My guess is she gave him the same answer that she gave me the first time.
Beth
-Pulling out the last of the glass, I take extra care cleaning Butch, wishing like hell I could offer comfort. Lifting my head to Wrath when you grab my shoulders, not caring if Butch hears me- You better find him before I do because I want to kill him for doing this to Butch. He should have told him, should have opened his goddamn mouth and been -shaking my head, knowing I’m being ruled by emotions again-Never mind, I can’t even say what I want for fear she’ll smite my ass -glancing towards the door when I see the chosen- Butch you need to feed.
Butch
-I bit back a hiss of pain and rolled to look up at Wrath and Beth. My brows furrowed as I tried to make sense of what they were talking about.- He told me he wanted my name on his back. -My words came out in barely a whisper. Hearing Beth my eyes narrow and a low growl tickles the back of my throat- He didn’t do this to me. I did this to me. Leave him out of it.
Wrath
[I wrap my arm around Beth and pull her away from Butch making room for the Chosen to come in. Whispering in Beth’s ear] He is a bonded male without his mate. There is little we can do for Butch beyond finding V. [Raising my voice again] And we will find V. No doubt about that. You either hold your shit together or I will throw you in a padded cell for your own safety. And you are absolutely off of rotation. I won’t have you pulling in lesser like they are candy with no way of fixing you up.
Beth
-Biting the shit out of my cheek and looking down at Butch when Wrath pulls me back, muttering- And here I thought only women got stupid with love -turning towards the door certain if I don’t I will end up spitting out something I’ll regret- I’ll be back to check on you, Butch. please just…don’t be stupid.
Wrath
I find it funny that you thought that consider how I’ve behaved. [Winking Beth and leaving Butch with the Chosen] 
Beth
-shakes my head laughing- I guess I should be grateful I only have to deal with a few bonded males at this rate.
Butch
-I wave a hand after Wrath and Beth. Draping my arm over my face. I don’t even notice the Chosen until she says something. I knew that I needed to feed, I could feel the hunger setting in, but I didn’t want to think about it. I barely moved my arm across my face and more dragged her wrist toward me than anything. Truth be told, I’d rather starve but I fully intended on being around when… if… When Vishous got back…-

No comments:

Post a Comment