Friday, May 31, 2013

Moving On



V
Grabbing up my leather and sliding it on, I pick the lighter up off the counter and demat to the Penthouse. Appearing just inside the balcony doors, I walk over to the fridge and grab out a bottle. Twisting the lid off and throwing the cap on the counter, I step around, heading into the living-room, dropping my ass down in one of the few chairs that occupied the area. My back slouches back against it as I tilt the bottle up and drink,lowering it back down my arm falls against my leg, loosely holding the bottle in my hand. Everything was pristine again, I almost barked out a laugh picturing the Doggen’s face, messed up of me I know. That night careened through my head, from the beginning of trying to get drunk enough to blank my mind out, to coming here to the damage, only to end back where I started at the Manse. Lowering my arm, sitting the bottle down on the gleaming black floor, I brace my hands on my knees and heave my ass up. Pushing the jacket down my arms, dropping it with a heavy thud on the chair. My shitkickers sounded heavily as I crossed the distance to the rack and grabbing one of the leather mask, I walk over to stand in front of the glass doors. Staring out into the night, my fingers slowly making it’s way over each crease in the leather, I thought back to the past couple weeks. It seemed like what ever could screw up, did. There was one thing that was constant, kept me feeling steady inside my own skin, or more to the point one person, a slow grin worked it’s way across my mouth, and I turned away from the glass and tossed the mask over on the bed. Retrieving my jacket from the chair and putting it on, I walk back over to the doors and they opened before even reaching them. Stepping out onto the balcony, I climbed up on the ledge and closed my eyes, breathing in the night air deeply. “ I’m ready for round what the fuck ever this is “ Opening my eyes, the grin still on my lips, I arch in a perfect nose dive off the balcony, making it midway down the skyscraper before dissolving my molecules and coming to form in the Pit.
Butch
-Looking up from behind the bar when I see V appear. Trying not to be surprised. I put away my Lag and pour a Goose. Sliding it over-
V
Cocks a brow at Butch pulling my jacket off, throwing it on the back of the couch, I step over taking the drink ” Are you going dry?
Butch
-laughs at V- Yeah right. -holds up the glass in my hand behind the bar- Though I probably should. Not chasing away the demons like I used to. -leaning back on my arms and hopping on the counter, lighting up a smoke-
V
Grabbing one of the stools and sliding it under my ass so I can sit down with my drink” Don’t go getting too clean on me ” Chuckles ” So the demons are at bay, for the moment ?” Watches Butch close, wondering about any left over stuff from the other night.
Butch
-shrugging & staring into the bottom of my glass- You’d be surprised at how much you can block out when you have a reason to.
V
Reaching across the bar laying my gloved hand on Butch’s leg “Yeah but is that the right way to deal “Sits up straight shaking my head.
Butch
-huffing out a small laugh- Rich, coming from you. -downing my drink- You don’t wanna hear about my nightmares, V. -setting the empty glass down and staring at the wall- But you should know something. That fo… -swallowing- forelesser had cameras.
V
Chuckles ” I about floored myself on that one, but your wrong on that stuff to ” Draining the rest of the Goose and scoots my glass towards Butch” I do want to hear about your nightmares “My chin goes up a notch watching you swallow hard ”Where did the bastard have them ? ” Taking my hand off Butch’s leg as I felt the heat instantly start to radiate in my palm just hearing the name.
Butch
Forget the nightmares, V. I’m not dragging you down there too. -reaching under the bar and pouring two more drinks for us- I dunno. His set-up seemed like a ghetto version of yours. -motioning around the room- Fucker sure was eyeballing me hard.
V
Grunts just shaking my head as I take the drink and listen to the rest ” I’m heading out there tonight, I’ll check it out and if were having any luck on our side maybe there is a feed location I can trace back to “Takes the glass rolling it between my Hands ” Yeah, your his prime mark, you know he’s not done but we won’t walk into shit like that again “
Butch
-scratching fingers through my stubble and glancing at V out of the corner of my eye- You don’t want to watch that shit, Nallum. -shaking my head back and forth slowly- I’ll guarantee you don’t. I don’t want anywhere near it. Or the place. Do me a solid and burn that shit to the ground. -stubbing out my smoke and taking another swig- 
V
Snarling low looking down at the glass in my hands, I nod ” Nothing will be left Butch, have no doubt on that, but I will do what I have to,to get us anywhere closer to the dickhead ” Gritting my teeth ” I still need to give a full report to Wrath on what went down, and the stuff I have coming back on the bastard that’s shacking up with my sister under this fucking roof “
Butch
-I push my drink aside and lean over toward V taking his chin in my hand-Everything will be fine. What I go through, I can handle. So long as you are here. I’ll be fine. And your sister is tougher than you give her credit for. -running my fingers up and through V’s hair, squeezing my hand- Stop worrying so damn much about shit you can’t change.
V
Raising my face up when Butch takes a hold of my chin ” I’m going to always be here Nallum but its in me to over drill on things But I’ll see what I can do to slow the stuff in my head down ” Grins laying my hand on the side of Butch’s neck” Now I have a place to rip apart and disintegrate ” Chuckles standing up, and leaning towards Butch placing an almost bruising kiss on him.
Butch
-I start to talk but am stopped by the overwhelming force of V’s lips. My eyes widen and roll back with a deep exhale through my nose. Finding it odd that this male who everyone thought was so cold was one of the most caring individuals that I had ever met. My hand loosened in his hair and moved down his back as I lost myself in the kiss-

No comments:

Post a Comment