Friday, May 31, 2013

Butch Finds V


Butch
-I knelt down in the alley near Screamers. The smell of lessers still clung to the pavement but that was not what drew my attention. I pushed aside an empty beer can and picked up the discarded phone. The GPS told me that I would find it here but I was hoping to find more than just a fucking phone. Flipping it open only confirmed my suspicions. God damn it, V. What the fuck happened to you? My mind flashed back to hazy memories of being taken by the lesser. I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath. My thoughts raced ahead to the worst possible scenarios. Images of V getting sliced and diced in some shit hole. I forced myself out of the world of fiction and focused on the evidence before me. There was a lot of lesser stink and I could feel it almost penetrate my pores. I shuffled around relying on my improved eyesight to tell me something… anything… A charred outline struck me as odd and I bent closer to have a look. It flaked away at my touch. Blood. This was vampire blood that had been exposed to daylight. V’s blood. A rippling anger rolled through me as I stood back up. My eyes tracked the faint trail of blood out of the alley. There was another small pooling and then it stopped immediately. Someone had loaded him up and taken him. I hoped to hell he was still alive.-

Butch
-I hear a car coming and I pull back in to the shadows. My eyes damn near pop out of my head when I see Vishous strolling around the corner. I didn’t really register the fact that V had his dagger out as I stepped into the light- Holy shit, V! Where the hell have you been? I’m gonna hug ya. Can I give you a hug? I really wanna hug

V
My face breaks into a sneer as I draw my arm back ready to make Butch into shredded meat”Step the fuck back” Eyeing Butch Closely,his damn words running around in my head,”Hug” Who the hell are you”

Jane
-taps my fingers on the steering wheel- What the hell is going…-sees a man approach V - Shit!
Butch
-Taking a step back from V when I see his raised dagger- Oh come on. You’re just messing with me right? -Glancing over V’s shoulder to Jane and wrinkling my brow- You okay man? It’s me, Butch. Who’s the piece of ass?

Jane
-debates on whether to get out the car or keep my ass where V told me to stay- To hell with it. - gets out and jogs over to V staring at Butch-

V
My brows draw down harshly as I listen to Butch speak,that voice echoing with each damn syllable coming out”Butch Testing the name out”How do you know me Butch?” Not bothering to look over my shoulder already knowing that Jane Was still in the car,making sure to keep Butch in my line of vision”Fucking female doesn’t listen”Grunts hearing Doc run up behind me “Doc,did I not say to stay in the fucking car,anyway this is Butch and he wants to hug me”

Jane
-looks between V and Butch- A hug? You know him?

Butch
-tilting my head & nodding Jane- Um, hey Doc. I’m guessing you are the one that patched up my boy here -pointing V- Course I know him. He’s saved my life more times than I can count.

Jane
-takes a closer look Butch not stepping any closer to the giant of a male- You sound familiar…. Are you like him?

Butch
-narrowing my eyes wondering how much Jane knows- Yeah I guess you could say that I’m like him. 

Jane
-stares back at Butch - Look …Butch it is? Your BOY over here was bleeding out like a stuffed pig a couple nights ago. I took him back to my place and stitched him back up since he INSISTED not to go to the hospital. However in this little process. Mr. V..which he wants to be called..loss his memory. Yes I know he is a vampire. Yes I know he dance better with a knife than a chef. So what do you have for me? -arches my brow waiting-

V
Relaxes my stance some as I listen to Jane and Butch,taking all the shit in all the while my gaze stays on Butch. another flicker of an image clicks into play,and clear as the proverbial day I see a room with a pool table and a big ass screen and a leather couch and on that was the male standing in front of me and so I was on that couch,I can see the laughing and and even half ass remember bits of the raunchy joke i told”Fuck I do know him “Lowering my arm and sliding the blade back in the holster”Brother shit has been cluster fucked and my Brain is scrambled”

Butch
-Smiling at V- Yeah, I knew you couldn’t totally forget me. -looking back at Jane- Listen, sweatheart, don’t get me wrong I’m glad you fixed Vishous up and all, but this is some deep shit that you don’t wanna be in. Ya feel me?

Jane
-hearing Butch felt like a gut punch, I straightened my spine and looked over to V- I guess this is your last stop. Obviously this guy knows you and you remember him a bit. My job is done. Dont worry I will keep your secret -turns away from V and Butch heading to my car walking faster than I ever have in the ER, not looking back-

V
Nods looking down Jane “Thanks Doc for all the shit,now you can get back to your neat tidy life”Turning away Fighting back the need to take Jane with me,stepping over to Butch “Well now you can feed me Brother cause I’m starving Like marvin” Chuckling keeping my back turned,knowing if I watched Jane walk off she wouldn’t get far.

Butch
-Leaning closer to V and whispering- You know you are going to have to wipe her memory, right?

V
Grins like a mother fucker at Butch”No fucking way I can do that shit man”Turning back reluctantly and watches As Jane takes off like a bat out of hell,only more proof of her need to be away from me”Tell me how and I’ll do it”

Butch
I don’t know how to do that shit. Hell I can’t even dematerialize. They are gonna send your ass back to mop this mess up. -Walking toward the Escalade- Personally I don’t give a crap, I’m just happy to see that you are safe. -clapping V on the back-

V
Snorts walking towards the black Escalade with Butch”Yeah well I’ll you what,when I remember who -They- are and The other shit out then I’ll do what the fuck I have to”Grinning a genuine smile a Butch “Damn I’m glad you had half A brain to come looking for my ass man” Opens the door and hefts myself up in the SUV already feeling the ease with Butch”But you Still need to feed me Brother” Chuckling stretching my legs out in the much roomier vehicle

Jane
-the drive back was the longest and hardest I have ever done, I couldnt stop thinking about him in my home in my kitchen….in my bed. I unlocked the door throwing the keys not caring where they land. This was for the best I kept telling myself. I will go back to work tomorrow and he will be with his kind. I wont see him again and life can go on. I see get in bed and stop the room he slept it, I could still smell his distinct sent.- FUCK! -I slam the door shut and head to my room to sleep this whole thing away-

No comments:

Post a Comment