Friday, May 31, 2013

V Calls for Help


Vishous
My head felt like it was coming down from a two week bender, complete with its own personal chainsaws, lids still closed I raised my hand up to my head and felt the heavy mixture of coagulated and dry blood on my scalp. Eyes flying open, I jerked myself up off the pavement, the sudden movement distorting the view from my bloodshot eyes and I had to brace my hand on the ground to steady myself from collapsing back down. I slowly look over to where I had last seen Butch go down and my heart picked up its speed as I found no sign of him, I take in the area surrounding me further confirming he’s not here. Pulling my busted leg up groaning in tired frustration as the pain radiates back and forth from my leg to my head. All thoughts of myself pushed aside I drag myself over to where my male had last laid and also the last place where I had failed him. Laying my ungloved hand down on the area of puddled blood, I lift it back up and inhale the all too familiar scent of Butch on my hand. Dropping my head down, everything in me breaks in that moment, I could see him crouched down right here and then the yell of warning of the Forelessar. My shallow breathing becomes an unsteady beat as the tears pool in my eyes and fall over onto my swollen face to mix with the dirt and blood. Gripping the hood of the car I make my way around the emptied out alley, my foot dragging with each step. Reaching the location where the van had stopped I look down at the squealed tire marks left behind and then in the direction they went from there. “I will find you, you fuckers“ My fangs elongated as the tears slowed and a deadening rage started to settle within me “I’m coming for you Butch“ The simple statement said in a promising vow and not just words uttered. Staggering back through the alley my eyes down cast looking for anything of use or help, it wasn’t till I reached the area where the fighting had started with the first three lessers that I seen the cell phone laid in the black lesser blood and I bent down to retrieve it, just that slight thing gave me some semblance of hope. I had to shut my head down to thoughts of what they would do to Butch, knowing if I dwell in that place in my mind I would lose any sanity I had about me. Slowly making my way back to the SUV, I drug my heavy body in the front seat and pulled my phone out; punching the buttons I called back at the Manse for a pick up.
Beth
-I took a seat out on the front stoop and pulled out the smokes Fritz picked up for me. Lighting one and taking a deep drag, I looked up at the sky then back down to my phone. I couldn’t shake the feeling something was wrong and my boys were in trouble. I took another long drag and tried to dismiss the feeling as stress from the visit from the S.V along with the news of the Bastards wanting to off my hellren, plus having one right under our roof. My boys were fine, they always were, and they had to be.  Wrath made sure they were out in pairs, they had the best equipment and everything would be fine. It would be. I finished my smoke and quickly lit another, when the boys got back, then I would go inside and not a moment before. I nearly dropped my smoke when my phone went off, seeing V’s picture, my heart sank as I answered, but I tried to remain calm, in case I was overreacting – Hey, V. What’s up?
Vishous
Dropping my head back against the head rest as I dig my thumb into one of the bullet holes on my thigh. The pain seeping into my bones. Grunting low I press in deeper before trying to speak “I need a driver, I’ll shoot the location to your GPS.  Are you following me Beth?”
Beth
-Hearing the grunt and the pain in V’s voice, I’m off my feet and running through the house, looking for keys before he even finishes talking.- V, I’m on my way, I’ll grab Phury and the van and just fuck, ok –calling out to Phury to get in the van, I turn to Fritz and tell him to let Wrath know we have Brothers in trouble- V, how bad? –stalking to the garage-
Vishous
Nodding absently to no one “Not going anywhere, see you when you all get here” Hanging up I flip the keyboard out and send the info. Raising my head, I stare out the window and before I know what I’m doing, my fist connects with the dash board repeatedly and in one fierce punch it finds its way through the front window. Pure hate and anger mixed with fear fought freely inside me, while I destroyed the inside of the SUV, the head rest, arms, windows, everything was broken & torn to pieces
Beth
-Hopping in the van, I stare blankly at my phone as it disconnects. Turning to Phury, I hand him the phone so he can give me directions, and rip out of the driveway like a bat outta hell. Mumbling more to myself than Phury- V’s fine, just banged up, he could talk, yeah he sounded like shit, and where was Butch, fuck, if they were both hurt, this would be really bad. –A growl spilled out so loud that Phury nearly snapped his neck turning to look at me.- My boys, MINE, goddammit, motherfucker. –Phury tried to calm me, telling me if we wrecked we wouldn’t be able to help  V & Butch. I nodded, or I think I did, I was on auto pilot following his directions. When we pulled up to the SUV, the destruction was evident and I knew it was much worse than I could have thought. I pulled up as close as I could and Phury did a quick sweep before hopping out to get V. I climbed in the back and whipped open the door so we could start tending to the wounds as soon as possible-
Vishous
Hands throbbed and my shoulders ached even more when I was done, I needed more, shot loads more. I was nowhere near close to being back inside my own head again. Just hours ago I had everything I never thought in my screwed up life I could have and now I was lost. A guttural snarl poured out and I yanked the door open when I caught sight of Beth and Phury pulling up.
Beth
-Catching sight of V and no sign of Butch, I searched the area frantically. Climbing out of the back to help V get in the van, my eyes raked over his physical injuries, but it was the pain in his eyes that were like a fireball straight in my stomach, trying to put on an appearance of calm, I wrapped my arm around his waist- Come on, hon. I have you now. Let’s get you taken care of then we can –The scent of baby powder burned my nose and another growl slipped out- then we WILL get Butch, trust me, V. Just let me take care of you right now.  
Vishous
Stumbling out some, I catch myself with one hand on the door and the other on Beth. Already shaking my head “Just get me fucking mobile again and I’m out“ Grunting under the pain that rides up my leg as I half ass walk over to the van and climb in the back, bracing my hands on that ground, I scoot all that way back and nod as Phury shuts the door. I feel the van move and sit there staring out the back windows, starting to replay the scene over in my head, from Butch doing his famous U turns to the sound of squealing tires and then to Butch yelling out Forelessar. Shit clicked hard in my head then “It was a set up, and we walked right into it”
Beth
-Hands shaking as I try to evaluate your injuries while Phury hauls ass to the mansion, my head shoots up at your words, keeping my voice soft- You couldn’t have known. And it will be over my dead ass that you go out on your own to get revenge, do you hear me Vishous? –grabbing the phone, I send a quick text to have a chosen waiting before plunging a finger into a bullet wound, cringing, but trying to determine how bad it is- V, I need you to stay with me, okay
Vishous
Grabbing my dagger from my chest, I lay the tip right at the top of my leathers and slice it straight down the front of my leg to my knee. Turning the blade around pointing the handle at Beth “Use it, the finger poking will take too damn long” My eyes narrow down low “Not revenge Beth, retrieve and justice “ Raising my gaze back to the almost black bullet proof window “I’m not going anywhere, just get them out”
Beth
-Taking the dagger, I flash my eyes up to Phury and he nods in understanding. I bite my lip hard as I listen and take the dagger to start digging out the first bullet.-Before we can do any retrieval, we need you healing up. –working on digging the second bullet out when Phury turns into the garage- Vishous, I swear to you, we will bring him home. Then, when you are both healed –lifting my head- I will severely kick both your asses. –turning when the door opens-
Vishous
A certain sense of release washes through my body feeling the blade dig into my flesh and I loosen up the tight fist I had been holding. I can already feel my bones connect into place and that made the digging around harder. Half listening to Beth talk, I catch onto one part of it “You think I am going to sit the fuck back and heal with him being out there, your fucking crazy female” the last part coming out in a snarl. When the van stops I jerk away with two bullets still in place “Is Tohr on Rotation tonight “ Not waiting for an answer I take off on feet that were focus and steady as fuck down the hall heading to my desk in the Pit .
Beth
-Snarling right back and chasing after you- In case you forget, Butch means a fucking lot to me too asshole. Let me get the rest of the bullets out you stubborn fuck. A chosen should be here for you to feed which you will or I swear on a case of Goose, I will nail your goddamn ass to the wall. You think you can do a fucking thing for him if you’re fucked up like this? –palming the dagger and shaking in fury-
Vishous
Stopping and spinning around on Beth my diamond gaze bearing down hard “Tell me Beth, if Wrath was out there being fucked up by the Forelessar, would you sit around here and suck on some blood“ Nodding “yeah that’s what I thought So Fuck the chosen and the damn bullets and let me do what I do best“ grounding out the last part stalking into the Pit, I stop dead in my tracks seeing Butch’s unfinished Lag sitting on the desk “Fuck “ Grabbing the chair pulling it out, I drop down in it and taking the cell from my pocket starting with it first.
Beth
If Wrath were out there, I’d do what I had to so I could be STRONG for him, so I had the best fucking chance of bringing him back to me. -watching you sit down to do your shit- While you’re doing that, I’m pulling these fucking bullets and you can try to kick my ass later. I’m serious about this Vishous. You go down too and –sighs and looks up at you sadly- I know you’ll bring him back, but if you go out like this –shakes my head- I won’t lose you both. –not even giving you the chance to argue with me, I drop to the ground and start digging into the bone- Suck it up, jackass. You get done first, and then I’ll stop
Vishous
 “Go ahead Beth, be quick“ I follow that up with a grunt. Pulling the Sd card from and slide it in my computer. Sliding my fingers easily over the keys only to find out the cell proved to be a dead end.  I grab the thing and slam it down against the top of the desk “Shit” Looks down at Beth “Your done now“ Pushing the chair back and getting up I start stripping on my way to the bedroom not giving a damn who’s in the room. Reaching my room I make quick work and pull on some fresh leathers and another black T-shirt “Where the hell is Tohr“ Grabbing another jacket from the hangers and gearing back up, knowing time was drawing close to sunrise I take off at a run from the Pit and bound up the stairs .
Beth
-popping the last bullet out seconds before you stand and storm off. Knowing I’ve done all I can, and praying to anyone who will listen to make this turn out ok. I slowly walk back to the main part of the house. Hoping someone gave Wrath the run down so he knows what the hell is going on. V’s words pounding in my head, I could not deny I would move heaven and earth to bring Wrath home safe, no matter what I said-

No comments:

Post a Comment