Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cops: Caldwell


Butch
-I sat up in bed and cast a long look over the form next to me. I trailed a finger lightly down the side of his face and leaned over and pressed my lips to his before standing up. Tonight was the one night a week when I would leave his side and even the mansion. I took a quick shower, put on a sedate suit and grabbed the Sox cap. It was very true that Vishous was my calm center but there were some things that I had to stick to for my own reasons. When it came to matters of my own soul, I doubted very much that there was anything that my male could do for me. After the last time that I had walked away from Vishous, this was a much more difficult thing for me to do. Seeing the anguish in him first hand was something that rocked through me and forever left a guilty spot festering. I hadn’t even been to mass since that particular incident. Every time I thought about, I would see the crazed look in his eyes when I was no more than a few steps away somewhere in the mansion. Things had been going well between us now though, very well in fact especially since he had taken up residence in my brain back at the symphath colony. What I had asked him to do back there had been instinctual for me when I saw how much he was suffering. It was never the physical pain that threatened to crumble my male, it was the ghosts of the past that whispered through his mind. He tried to hide it from me but I could see through the calm front that he always put forth. His pride would never let anyone else see the things that I could but that was fine with me so long as I was the one that could help him through it all. The terrible nature of that one incident had pulled us together tighter than years of living with each other ever could have and despite the rampant fear of insects that I now had it was worth it. All too soon we would be back out there on the streets, fighting the lesser, and I needed to find my peace with it. No matter how many times Vishous brought me back from the brink, I still needed to pay my respect to my God. I took the Escalade, parked it a few blocks from the church and sat down in the last pew at the very back. My Sox cap didn’t exactly fit with the rest of my attire and was somewhat disrespectful to be wearing in here but I still pulled it low and ducked my head. Here I was reminded of the good that I was doing, the people that I was saving every time that I took the vile filth into my body. It was peaceful and a part of my human life that I clung to for my own sanity. I hadn’t exactly had the best of luck when it came to deities. My hand came to rest over the center of my chest where I had a heart that was not my own. The Omega had destroyed the heart that I was born with when he contaminated it with his very essence. I could still feel the malicious tentacles of his influence snake through my mind from time to time. My rational brain told me that it was all of my own imagining but I knew first hand exactly what it felt like and it frequently revisited my nightmares. I still had the scar on my abdomen that attested to the fact that there would always be something of that taint inside of me. It was that constant struggle to not give in to that evil that always had me coming back here. It was a cinch that the Scribe Virgin would not be the one that I would pray to. Just thinking about her had me rubbing the scars that ran down both of my legs. She might be leaving us alone now but it had actually taken her son dying in my arms for her to back off. Normally I would be grateful that she had returned him to me but it had been her fault that we were even in that situation in the first damn place. I eased back on the bench and exhaled a deep breath. No matter what was thrown at us, we always seemed to make it through the other side together. The fact that I’d died and come back more than once didn’t have me taking anything for granted though. If anyone had a reason to thank God they were alive and kicking, it was me and that was exactly what I was doing right now. I ducked my head and made my way out just before the bulk of the crowd could make their way past me. The fewer people that saw me here, the better. I always ran the risk of someone recognizing me from before I hooked up with the Brotherhood even if I didn’t exactly look the same anymore. In hindsight I really should have been paying closer attention to my surroundings and not been so lost in my own thoughts. As soon as I exited the building a hand closed down on my hand and pulled me to the side. My adrenaline kicked in to gear and I felt the familiar cold metal of cuffs on my wrist. I spun around with an angry growl and had to do some serious reigning in as I saw the face of my old partner staring back at me.- Jose?! What the hell? -I had no intention of beating the shit out of the guy that had my back more times than I could count but my momentary reluctance gave him the opportunity to turn me back around and get the cuff on my other wrist. ‘I kinda figured you’d show up here sooner or later. Though I admit it took you long enough. I’ve been here every Sunday, all day since the last time we talked.’ I struggled some against the cuffs and debated just ripping them apart entirely. I probably would have if an entire congregation was filing past us and gawking at the whole scene. I cursed under my breath as Jose read me my rights and shoved me into the back of his car.- Man, I came to you as a friend… -Whatever I was going to say was cut off when he slammed the door on my face. He made damn sure to flash his badge to everyone watching to assure them it was all police business before he finally got into the driver’s seat. He turned around to give me a disgusted look. ‘You came to me as a guilty man trying to unburden his conscious and now I finally got you.’ I let out a string of choice cuss words and struggled some in the back seat. I was trying to get to my phone but when I finally got my hand to my pocket I couldn’t find it. A look out the window told me exactly where my phone was. Apparently in the scuffle it had fallen and was now a broken mess on the sidewalk. I cursed again as the car pulled away from the curb.-I told you that I would deny that Jose. What makes you think you can make this shit stick? -My old partner kept his eyes forward as he talked almost as if he couldn’t stand to look at me anymore. ‘It seems that whoever killed that poor girl felt bad about it afterward and puked up his dinner on the side of the road. I’m willing to bet that the DNA will match up.’ My head fell forward to hit the back of the sit in front of me. He was right, it would lead right back to me. ‘More of those girls are popping up dead or missing and I think you are good for that as well. I’m not sure what you are mixed up with now Butch but I don’t even know you anymore. The old guy that was my partner would never do something like this. I can’t turn a blind eye and just let it continue.’ I understood where he was coming from and I was sure to him I was the only logical suspect.- I’m not running around town killing girls. I told you that was an accident. -I heard him let out a huff and he flicked on the lights and sirens to get to the station quicker. ‘Yeah, she accidentally ran into three full clips of bullets and then set herself on fire. I’m sure you aren’t really stupid enough to think that I believe that.’ I groaned and rested my head on window as I ran through what exactly I was going to do next. I could easily bust out of the cuffs and bolt when we reached the station but I would probably end up riddled with bullets for my efforts. When the car came to a stop I saw how ridiculous that plan really was. Apparently Jose had called ahead and the whole damn police force was outside waiting for me. Most of these guys knew me, had worked with me and didn’t particularly like me. I shut right the hell up and kept my head down as they took me into the station. They took my fingerprints or tried to since I didn’t have any anymore, snapped my picture and started the paperwork. The only thing that I said the whole time was that I wanted my phone call. Jose made a snippy comment about how he hoped I was calling a good lawyer cause I was going to need one. I locked his gaze with a very serious expression.- No Jose, I’m going to call my husband. I figure he should know what happened to me. -He wrinkled his brow and glanced at my ring finger with a tilted head. ‘Here I thought you lied about that part too just to get a rise out of me.’- I told you that you didn’t want to meet him, Jose. And I was deadly serious about that. But now it seems that you are going to. -He let me to the phone and stood off to the side with his arms folded over his chest. ‘Make it quick O’Neal. We’ve got some questions to ask you.’ I turned my back to him and punched in the number of V’s cell. I wasn’t exactly sure how this was going to go down but I did know that he could handle it. I just hoped that it didn’t get bloody.-
Vishous
I came awake slowly, rolling over on my back and throwing my arm out to find an empty spot where a nice hard warm male body should be at. My eyelids slid up and I looked over at Butch’s side only to confirm what I already knew. Huffing out a breath I sit up and raked my black gloved hand up and down my face. Grumbling as I stood bare ass naked and trudged into the bathroom to take a piss. ”Really going to have to teach that male about wake up blow jobs, kind of fucking hard to repeat a wet dream when my male vanishes.” I took a piss and stepped straight into the shower and did the usual wash down and rinse before grabbing up a towel to dry off. I headed to the walk in closet and turned to my side of it to grab some clean leathers and a black T along with my boots. I was dressed and loading up my holster with my blades as I heard my phone on the bedside table start to go off. Shoving the last dagger in place I snagged my phone and looked at the #. Cocking one black brow at the phone # I didn’t recognize but I went ahead and answered it.”Speak.” 
Butch
-I cringed inwardly at the tone I heard on the other end of the line. I knew this would likely devolve into another lecture on how I shouldn’t leave his side but I guessed that was inevitable at this point. I leaned against the wall and tried to comfortably hold two hands to the phone since I was still handcuffed.- Morning sunshine. Got a bit of an issue here. -I cleared my throat and cast a glance back at Jose before continuing.- I went to church like I tend to do and uh… well… I kinda got arrested.
Vishous
Both black brows narrowed dangerously low over diamond eyes as soon as I heard Butch’s voice on the other end. But that was nothing compared to the anger that radiated through me once all the words worked themselves out of Butch.”What the holy fuck, did you steal from the offering plate or feel up and damn alter boy?” My grip on the phone had to loosen up because I heard the device start to creak under the death grip I had on it. I took a slow breath and shook my head before I reined in enough calm to my tone before I spoke more.”Let me guess you are hanging with your good buddy Jose.” I couldn’t keep the smart ass comment from coming out.”Fucking humans, I’ll be there and deal with the bastard. Give me some details to your location within.“ 
Butch
-I choked and almost dropped the phone at the suggestion that I was feeling up an alter boy.- Shit baby, you know you’re the only one I ever feel up. -I was trying to keep this shit upbeat because I could almost feel my male’s anger from here and that didn’t bode well for anyone in the police station right now.- I fucked up. You and I both know the deets. This isn’t on them, they are just doing what they are paid to do. -I cupped my hand over the receiver and turned as far as I could from Jose.- I’m sitting here in a station full of cops who are throwing somewhat of a party over bringing old HardAss O’Neal in. Feel me?
Vishous
I tried the counting to 10 and also another deep breath but shit it wasn’t working so I said fuck it.”No, what they are doing is fucking with the wrong people. I will be there, you just be on alert and ready to bail when I do. After tonight though, Jose will have a fuck load of reasons to lock you down and try for the death penalty which they never fucking use, dumb ass fucking humans.” I was already walking towards the front door of the exit as I continued on.”One of these days you will quit making excuses for the fucker. Might as well be today Nallum. Like I said be on alert, you will know when I get there.“ 
Butch
-I bristled up instantly at your words to point where I could almost feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. I knew it was pointless but I was never good at keeping my damn mouth shut.- It wasn’t so long ago that I was one of them Vishous. If I was in his spot I would be doing the same damn thing right now. You want to blame anyone here, you blame me. I was the one that had the goddamn melt down and felt the need to go flapping my jaws. You come in here all Rambo and we will never hear the end of it. And you fucking know it. He’s a good guy in a bad situation. -It took me a moment to realize that I’d raised my voice to near shouting level and I shut the hell up really quick. I turned to look at Jose and flashed him a wide grin.- No problem here… Just… you know securing bail and shit… -His eyes were wide and I could almost see all the wheels turning in his skull. Oh yeah, this was going to be fun. I brought the phone back up and let out a loud huff.- Love you, nallum. Always. -I hung up the phone and followed Jose to the interrogation room, sitting down heavily in the chair. My mind was creating all sorts of terrible images of blood splattering the walls and one pissed off vampire ripping open the door in the next few minutes. I truly hoped that wasn’t how this was going to play out though. It wouldn’t look good for any member of the race.-
Vishous
I was just clearing the entrance from the tunnels to the Manse when Butch started the hollering on the other end of the phone. I shut the door behind me and sopped in the middle of the highly polished floor.”Don’t worry Butch, I am pissed as fuck at you. I woke up wanting a blow job and instead I’m playing Indiana Jones with some Humans cops at the local police station.” I took in all of what Butch had to say and even if I didn’t like to admit I did in a half ass way.” Yeah, I gotcha Cop, I’ll make this shit as chilled and quiet as possible but I don’t promise there won’t be any blood spilled.” I clicked the phone off and shoved it in my jacket pocket before bounding up the long winding stair case and taking them 3 at a time. 
I reached the top and take a left heading down the long lit hallway till I was standing in front of Z’s door. My hand raised and I pounded like a mad man.”Z, wake the fuck up if you are asleep, need some help and tag you are it Brother.” 
Zsadist
[My black eyes flash open as I hear a loud knock. Quickly I dematz before taking form in front of the door. Reaching for the handle I pry the thing open just about an inch or two and looks at my brother. I didn’t want him seeing the mess or the dresser that was smashed on the ground and start poking around with questions]Whats doing? [I grunt out] 
Vishous
I stood out in the hall and was now trying to count to 100 just so I didn’t end up doing exactly as Butch said and go all fucked up Rambo. When Z finally opened the door I growled out with each word spoken.” Seems the Cop has been arrested by his old buddies and we need to get him the fuck out before any shit goes down or they figure anything out that we don’t want or can afford for the Humans to find out. You good to help me man?“ 
Zsadist
[Nods knowing I am there for my brothers anytime…and truth be told I really needed to get out of the mansion and clear my mind. I reach out to the chair beside the door and grasps the leather jacket before putting it on. Moving out of the room I will the locks on as the door shuts behind me] Come on..lets bust out the cop [Hand running over my skull trim] 
Vishous
I stepped back when Z stepped out from the cracked bedroom door. “Yeah, no fucking doubt man.” I turned on booted feet and glanced Z over my shoulders.”You will have to drive, Butch took the Escalade into town to hit up his church. Anyway I need to keep counting so I don’t go in there half cocked and blow some fucks of Humans away. Butch thinks that’s a bad idea.” 
Zsadist
[Looking over at my brother with an arched brow] Oh so were not going in there guns blazing? Cause I’m down for the easy way versus dealing with the popo[Shrugs a shoulder] Just saying [Moving with you into the garage I scan the row of cars until I see my iron gray porsche. Unlocking the car with a tap to a button, getting in with you before starting her up. The vibration that comes from the back is loud and fills my ears. I buckle in before pulling out of the garage and out onto the drive. Stealing a glance at you] 
Vishous
I headed down to the garage and slid into the passenger seat of Z’s Porsche  I pull my blade from my holster and twirl the top between my fingers just to give my hands something to do while I counted like a mother fucker and nodded at Z. “Guns blazing sounds good to me and it sure as fuck would fit my mood about right now. But Butch has it right, shit would not go well so lets get in and I’ll need some help with some mind fucking and get Him out. No doubt though that they will have him locked down in an interrogation room or some shit similar you know.” I glanced at Z. “I’m open for ideas here on how to get in and out.“ 
Zsadist
[Blows a breath out of my mouth, looking at those diamond colored eyes before focusing back on the road] Hell V..I thought this was a shoot and run deal [Wishing like hell at a time like this that butch could dematerialize] Hm..I could always create a distraction and you get the big guy out cause..I don’t think there is anything we can say to get him out..what about bail? [Thoughts running through my head as I pull onto the highway. Swerving in and out of cars] 
Vishous
I snorted out a heated breath as I re-holstered my dagger.”Yeah on this one in dealing with humans we have to keep a low key entrance.” shrugging my jacket clad broad shoulders I looked again at Z. “Could go in with the Mhis and give me a minute to jaw fuck Jose then get Butch the fuck out of dodge.” I turned my diamond gaze out the windshield and zoned in on the dark road before us.”Bail won’t work, they have him on suspect of murder so were fucked there Man.“ 
Zsadist
And what I play the get away car? I would much rather like to beat up a human[Smirks, feeling my fangs elongate. Dark thoughts forming in my head] Especially some cops man [Chuckles deeply as I make a hard right, heading downtown] 
Vishous
I couldn’t help but grin at the image Z put in my head.”Yeah well you will probably get some chances to knock some heads. I can’t see us getting out of there with no confrontation. So yeah feel free to pound a few in the ground my brother.” Chuckling a little darkly I winked at Z. “Because I know one particular one I plan on taking some aggression out on.“ 
Zsadist
Hell yeah [Smirks even wider, my eyes darken even more. I make a few more turns until we were outside of the police department that held some of Caldwell’s finest. Looking over at you as I shut the car off, pocketing the keys] So..the plan? 
Vishous
I looked up at the precinct when Z pulled up in front of it.”I say we go in, it should be easy enough to get the info on where they are holding Butch. You give me that gran distraction that I know you are dying to let loose on and I will make my way towards Butch and retrieve his ass then come out there to help you do some nice mind fuck and bail the hell out. Good or you got something else up your sleeve that would work?“My hand on the door handle i look over at Z to see if alls good. 
Zsadist
[Still smirking I let my hand run over my blades that were strapped to my chest]No..that sounds good to me [Ideas already Forming on how to distract the fuckers as I get out with you. Walking around to meet you before heading in] 
Butch
-I pulled the chair way back and kicked my feet up on the table. Jose stared across from me probably just hoping that I would drop some tasty bit of info that he could seize on to. ‘You sure you don’t want a lawyer in here? I could get a public defender for you if you want.’ I chuckled, pulled my hat off and ran my fingers through my hair before replacing it.- You goin all soft on me, Jose? I should think that you would be jumping for joy that I haven’t lawyered up yet. Besides, I don’t need one. I didn’t do anything. -I tugged the hat down low and pretended to be napping. I knew that Vishous was coming. I could feel the steady pull of my male from anywhere now it seemed. I absently wondered how far apart we would have to be before something like that dissipated. I didn’t really want to find out the answer to that one though. ‘We both know that’s not true, Butch. You confessed it to me already. We are going to take a DNA sample and compare it. Your time for talking is limited.’ I smiled wickedly but didn’t bother looking up at him.- You got a warrant for that? Cause I’m not just gonna hand something like that over and I’m not really seeing probable cause here aside from some story you made up. Go bully someone else, Jose. I know the tricks.
Vishous
Nodding I pulled the spare baseball hat from inside my jacket pocket and slid it on, yanking it down low over my tatted brow. I scanned the street before I got out and shut the door.”Alright I say you go in and I will head off a few feet in the opposite direction. You do your thing and when it’s clear I jump shop on a cop and get my info. Good thing for us, we won’t stand out too much, All kinds of fucked up peeps in there. So that is in our favor. Once i know where he is then the rest should fall into place.” I pulled my jacket together and zipped it to mid chest so that my holster wasn’t visible. 
Zsadist
[Nodding at you before doing the same with my jacket. Opening the door before letting it slam shut behind me. All heads pop up from there desks at my introduction. I watch some eyes widen..some people still in there seats as others get up. Walking up to the front desk, shitkickers pounding with each step I take. I bang my fist down on the hard surface] Can I get some help please? [Grunts out as the guy behind the desk narrows his eyes ‘Why don’t you calm down and take a seat’ His eyes moved to my scar. Snarling I look at the tubby that looked like he was one doughnut away from a heart attack] What the fuck are you looking at?! Is there something wrong with my face?! [Black eyes narrow, ears pick up the sound of the door opening behind me but I just keep my eyes on the cop] 
Vishous
I waited a few minutes to let Z do his thing but once I spied all the attention being directed at my brother I slipped in hit the first hall to my right. I kept my hand near my jacket and was ready just in case, always just in case. I spotted a lone cop headed in my direction and I ducked my head some. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time, it was always that way when dealing with humans. As soon as he was getting ready to pass me I reached out and grabbed him by the arm and jerked him around to face me. Before he could even speak a word I had his attention already zoned in on my eyes and I spoke clear and precise “Tell me where Butch O’Neal is being held?” He nodded in understanding and before he even arm rose up and he pointed down the way he had just came from. ‘Jose has him in interrogation room 1.’ No doubt that my  spoke his iridescent eyes glowed just hearing the detectives name but I kept reign on the situation and nodded at the cop.”Good boy, now go out to the main area and help tell the guys that there is a bomb threat that was called in, the location of the bomb is in the basement and the entire building s to be evacuated immediately Understand me?” He nodded and took off in the same direction that Z was at. I actually chuckled as i thought of Z and a bomb threat, damn what a cluster fuck. I went the direction that the cop came from and just 3 doors down there was a placard that read Interrogation room 1. I didn’t knock, fuck that I decided to go in old style and raised my booted foot up and kicked the fucker open. I watched as the door busted and splintered apart to leave a gaping entrance and I stepped through.”Hello hunny, I’m home” I looked at Butch as I said it and the first thing I did was assess my male for any motherfucking damage. 
Zsadist
[I see out of the corner of my eye a guy run back from the hallway you went down. He whispers something to a cop but me with my expert hearing picks it up. Snorting as I hear V told the fucker there was a bomb in the basement. Cops quickly start to move around. My hand twitches as i’m tempted to reach for my beretta. I feel hands on me and I squirm out of the hold Growling at the mother fucking cop] GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME! [Screaming out as I pick up his hot coffee and splash it on his crotch. He cries out dropping to his knees knowing that had to hurt. Quickly I move to the entrance of the hallway and whistles loudly knowing like hell we had to get out of here] 
Butch
-I might have known that Vishous was on the other side of the door but I really did not expect for the door to explode inward. My precarious balance with my chair tipped back and my feet kicked up went to hell in a hand basket.- Holy fuck! -My arms windmilled wildly as I tried to correct myself and I failed terribly. I tipped back in agonizing slow motion and fell flat on my back. I blinked a few times and looked up at Vishous with a grin. The air was knocked out of my lungs and it took me awhile before I could say anything.- Nice entrance baby. I’m sure you could have burned the whole place down while you were at it for a wilder effect. -I was trying to get up from the ground when I saw Jose recover his shit and reach for his gun. That got me moving quicker than anything ever could. I was behind him in a split second and relieved him of his gun.- I don’t really take to well to someone trying to shot my husband, Jose. Why don’t we all just play nice here and forget that this night ever happened?
Vishous
I cocked my head and watched a falling Butch hit the ground with a loud as hell thud. That as far as I could see was going to be the only pain that Butch would have. Taking my gaze from my male I leveled it on Jose the same moment that Butch did some jack flash movements and was taking the detectives gun. I smirked and walked across the room to stand directly in front of Jose.”Just like i don’t take kindly to anyone fucking with my male. after tonight your search for him will be null and void.” I looked over the detectives shoulder at Butch. “Times a wasting Z is out there dealing with the masses. Say your goodbyes because I’m wiping this shit and you from him, so get on with it.” I drew my attention back to the detective and before he could utter a word I drew back and cracked him in the jaw. Instantly I heard the bones break and he slumped back against Butch as his hand grabbed at his broken jaw. I nodded at Butch and stepped back a few feet.”I’m playing nice, just like you said.” My head jerked to the right when I heard the unmistakable whistle from Z. I stepped over to the lap top in the room and while Butch said whatever he needed to, to the detective I dug into the stations files and went on a delete spree with anything related to Butch. I went in even deeper and with some swipes over the keys I had a death certificate on file and even threw in a nice reason, Car wreck and body unrecognizable due to vehicle combustion. 
Zsadist
[I watch as some cops move out of the building, others running around doing scribe knows what. With a shake to my head I call out down the hallway] I’m starting up the car! [Knowing you will be able to hear it just fine. Quickly I move towards the door hearing the words ‘freeze!’ I snort] Or what? [Turning to see a gun aimed at me. My lips curl up into a smirk] Aren’t we a big boy with a gun..[Dematerializing before I take form behind the cop. I hear a soft gasp fall from his lips as he looks around for where I could of gone. Taking that moment to kick him in the back of the legs watching him fall to the ground and the gun slide out of his hands. Stepping over him before giving the gun a tap with my boot. Watching it slide across the room and away from his reach. As he grabs at my leg I turn giving a nice kick to the face. Watching blood spew from his nose. I turn on my heels and gets the fuck out of here. Moving fast to my car and starting it up] 
Butch
-I tucked Jose’s gun into the back of my pants a second before Vishous clocked him in the jaw. My old partner stumbled and fell back against me with a curse. He even made a move to advance on my male before I grabbed up his arms growling in his ear.- I told you not to shot him. What makes you think I would let you attack him? I warned you already and now you know. My male is one scary sonofabitch. I tried to just let things go Jose and I admit I made the mistake of trying to talk to you after I had left this life. For the sake of your wife, don’t try anything else because it’s just not going to fly. -I pushed Jose back down in his chair and went to stand next to Vishous. My old partner’s gaze was full of hatred and it actually hit me harder than I wanted to admit. ‘What the hell happened to you Butch? I know you could be an ass sometimes but this is way off for you. There was always something good about the things that you tried to do but now I seriously doubt that. Guess that’s why you always ended up back at church huh?’ My jaw tightened up and I ground my teeth some before just wheeling about and leaving the room. I would let Vishous deal with him. There was nothing that I could say to Jose that was going make matters better and I couldn’t take the guilt trip anymore. I heard Z yelling down the hallway and I hustled after him not paying much attention to what was going on around me. This whole thing had hit me harder than I thought it would and I was lost in haze of it. Some idiot had decided that it was World War III going down in the police station and felt the need to open fire on anyone that wasn’t an officer. I spun around and hit the ground before I even knew that I’d been shot. I looked down in shock at the blood seeping out from my shoulder and mumbled a curse. I put my hand over the spot and crawled through the police station. I made it to the door and kind of batted it open in front of me. As soon as I was outside I made it to my feet and glanced around for Z’s car. When I spotted it, I ran for it and fell against the door before managing to open it. When I finally got the door open I fell into the car with a welcomed sigh of relief.- Thanks for coming Brother. I owe you one or two… maybe three. Whatever… -My head fell back and I closed my eyes.-
Vishous
I watched pain sliced across Butch’s face at the words from his old buddy and I started counting yet a fucking gain. I waited till Butch left the room and I heard Z yell. I stepped over to the detective and braced both my hands on either side of his the chair that he was sitting in.”You don’t know what you speak of, Butch is one of the only males that I know is good from the inside and out. You have corrupted your views and feelings of him based on ignorance. But that is neither here nor there.” I crouched down in front of him and once again settled my eerily diamond eyes and I found diving into his mind was not as simple as the cop from the hall but still after a few twist and turns I was in and I coaxed the memories and events to circle around the lies I firmly placed in the stations files. His pupils dilated and he just sorta nodded as I stood up. I backed out of the room and as soon as I did I saw even a bigger cluster fuck than I expected.” Fuck this night.” I laid my back against the wall and pulled out my phone and sent a txt to Z. “Get the hell out of here NOW, once i get outside I will demat, I Know where Butch left the Escalade and I will meet up with you all there.” I unzipped my jacket and palmed a blade as I pushed off the wall and walked down the hall. No sooner did I break through to the main hall entrance way, I found a least 7 guns aimed directly at my head. Yeah this was bad news. The shit part was, it wasn’t even cops but some gang that was using the bomb threat chaos to break out. Two guys stepped behind me and grabbed my blades then my arms. I looked to the guy standing in front of me, fuck even I had to look up a notch. He was fucking huge as hell for a human. ‘He goes with us’ He nodded to the others surrounding me and before I knew it my ankles were shackled with police ordered shackles and my wrist were done the same way behind my back. Yuup and all I wanted was a blow job this morning I thought. The guy at my back shoved me in the shoulder and I reared back to head butt him but before I could finish the move about 5 guys jumped me and each rammed a series a volts through my system with thanks to the cop ordered stun guns. Last thing I knew I dropped as if I literally fell from the balcony of my Penthouse and then all the hell around me descended into darkness. 
Zsadist
[As I hear a thud against my car I palm my gun thinking it was a cop. Letting out a long breath as I see it is Butch As he gets in My phone goes off. Growling I dig in my jacket for the thing. Retrieving it I read over stopping as I inhale the air picking up the scent of blood] The hell? [Turning I see that you are hurt] Cop?! What the hell happened? [Putting the car in drive] Fuck we gotta get you to the mansion..Listen that was V and he is dematzing to the SUV. [Quickly I take off heading back home. My hands gripping the steering wheel tightly] Uh..Fucking humans! [Honking my horn at some jerk in front of me that didn’t want to let me pass. I move into the shoulder lane and quickly speed off, running the red light] 
Butch
We’re leaving without him? -I twisted around to look back at the police station which was a seriously bad move on my part. I bit back a shout of pain and fell back against the seat.- Damn this whole mess. I should have known better than to think that Jose would drop it. -I flopped around like a puppy in a dryer as the car veered all over the place. It seemed like we were all over the road and I could stay upright.-No dissing on humans with the guy born as one in the car. -My voice came out in a mumble and my hand fell away from my shoulder holding pressure to the bullet wound.- Sorry for screwing up the upholstery. 
Zsadist
Well they need to learn how to drive [Growls and honks a few more times before I finally get on the highway. As I hear your words my distorted lip twitches] Don’t worry about it cop…You are more important than the car…not like your dealing with rhage and his GTO here [Snorts a chuckle, speeding up even faster as I try to get you home to piper] 
Butch
Good to see you won’t throw a fit about the wheels. -I slumped against the window but my head was turned toward the station still.- That place turned into a war zone in no time flat. -I glanced down at the blood seeping through my expensive suit.-He made it out, right? I shouldn’t have left I just couldn’t stand the look on Jose’s face anymore.
Zsadist
Butch..relax..he made it out…It’s V..[Holding back any comments about humans…and cops for that matter. Small chuckle escapes my lips, passing through the mhis and making it up to the gate. I enter the code before heading to the garage]Hang in there..[Murmurs as I pull in. Shutting off the car before sprinting to the other side to help you out with a grunt] 
Butch
It’s V… -I nodded like that made sense but I knew that he was still back at that station and not on his way back to the mansion. When the car stopped I tried a few times before finally getting the door open. My fingers weren’t exactly working as well as I wanted them to. I stumbled out when it suddenly popped open but I managed to stand up with some effort.- It’s good, I got this… Just a little tipsy is all… -I put one foot forward, weaved to the side a bit and grabbed your shoulder.-Okay maybe I could use some help. I’m gonna let you lead. Don’t really trust my feet right now. Been out to sea too long.
Zsadist
[Lips twitch at your jokes, liking how you were still you even when shit was going down] Alright then hold on brother [Murmurs as I lead us inside the mansion] Doc P?! [Calls out as I head down the tunnel with you. Knowing if you fell I would be right there to catch you at any moment. One hand hovering over your back] 
Piper
-The music blared as I danced around the office, barely hearing Z call before the doors flung open- Mother fuck…-Looking from Z to Butch motioning them both to the table as I dulled the music and changed it to something A little more Butch friendly-So which of you is planning on telling me what happened? -Gathering my things- 
Butch
I got arrested for feeling up the altar boy. -I coughed out a laugh and more fell than sat on the table.- Just get this bullet out of my arm it’s gonna make jerking off really damn hard.
Zsadist
[Grunts at the jokes my eyes looking over to Piper] Do you need help? [Already backing up..not liking the tight confines of this room. It made me itch..] 
Piper
You felt up an alter boy? -snorting a laugh resting the tray to Butch’s left, ripping his shirt and pouring some some saline over the wound before starting to dig it out-Hope you got his fucking number -Smirks at Z- I should be ok. Unless you wanna grab the needle for me and some gauze, Z. -Shooting a look at Butch- Anyone else on their way in? Or just you two? 
Zsadist
[Stands there for a moment before walking over to the counter. Looking over your supplies till I find the needle and gauze. Grabbing both till I stand next to Piper. Stealing a glance at Butch] V..is coming back..but he shouldn’t…ah I mean won’t be hurt [Nods dropping my gaze] 
Butch
-I didn’t care much about the ripped shirt but as soon as the digging around in the wound started that was another goddamn story altogether.- Oh mutherfuckingsonofabitch!!! -My good hand slammed down on the table that I was sitting on and I gripped it tightly to keep from falling over.- That hurts just a fucking tad. -My eyes dropped closed until I heard Z’s words and they propped open some.- Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining, brother. You don’t know what the fuck happened to him. I will tell you a little secret though. He didn’t make it out of there like he should have and he sure as fuck isn’t headed this way right damn now. And I’m stuck in here with a goddamn bullet wound instead of out there making sure my male makes it home.
Zsadist
[Lifts my gaze up to Butch listening to the bonded male talk about his mate. I nod]He will be ok butch..do I know that for sure? No..but scribe..have a little faith[Scrubs hand over my scarred face] Then again..how the hell would I know…[Closes my eyes about to say something else but knowing I will just make it worst.. Slowly I turn on my heels and heads out. Stopping to say] Feel better brother…[Whispers before I head down the hall. Pulling out my phone..not seeing any messages I sigh] 
Piper
-Digging the bullet out a lot faster than I should have and that was made all to apparent when Butch’s fist slammed against the metal slab, almost sending the tray to the floor- Fucking hell Butch. You need to chill the fuck out all your movement isn’t making this easy -Glancing at the door as Z left, focusing back on Butch and swiftly finishing up. Groaning softly- You can’t go all balls out tonight, Butch. V will be ok. -Biting my lip to suppress the groan that bubbled up-Besides…do you really think four cell walls could hold V? 
Butch
-I called out after Z as he turned to leave- Don’t go too far man. I’ve got a bad feeling about this and I may need your help again. -I turned back to Piper- You try to hold still when someone is digging lead outta ya and see how far you get with it. Hell, I think I’m being pretty damn epic right about now by just staying upright. And hell the only thing holding me up right now is the knowledge that my baby is still out there. So could everyone please stop trying to tell me that all this shit is going to be good? I’m not a fucking child.
Zsadist
[Slowly I trudge back up to my room. A million things ran through my mind…V was ok..was he? Hell if I knew and I probably pissed off butch. Yep I was known for making people mad. Slowly I head down the hall, lips parting to sing a tune that’s been stuck in my head since V told me we were going after the popo] Bad boys..bad boys..Watcha gonna do..watcha gonna do when they come for you[Slamming my door behind me to enter my own hell] 
Piper
Butch..-Sighs softly pressing the new bandage to Butch’s shoulder, cleaning up my mess- I didn’t mean…I -Walking to the cabinet and grabbing a shirt before walking back towards Butch to hand it over- What else do you want me to say? I may be a little worried he hasn’t come busting through the doors yet and scooped you up bridal style yet? -Sitting beside Butch glancing up- I can go and see what I can find out? I can call in a favor -Groans softly- It will cost me but the options there if needed. Unless you’re willing to give me a gun and just let me go buck wild, Butch?
Butch
-I took the shirt and almost let it drop to the floor as I pictured Vishous coming through the door and doing exactly what you said. I knew that you were only joking but that didn’t stop the piercing pain that it shoot through me. I dropped my head in my hand and squeezed my eyes closed.- I can’t get to him tonight. The sun will be up any minute and I don’t even know if he will be left out somewhere to greet it. -I stood up and turned around to pull the shirt on, knowing that his name was clearly visible across my back.- I’m a shitty goddamn mate and I don’t deserve him. -I stopped just at the door and glanced back over my shoulder.- Thank you for pulling the bullet out. Don’t put yourself in harms way too Piper. I already can’t forgive myself for what happened tonight and that would only compound that. -I ran my hand along the wall of the hallway and made my way back to the Pit. I hated feeling so damn useless.-

No comments:

Post a Comment