Thursday, June 6, 2013

Vengeance Will Be Mine


Butch
-I inhaled the thick scent of Vishous and blinked my eyes open. Our limbs were entwined so tightly that it was hard to see where one began and the other ended. I couldn’t remember anything after passing out of complete exhaustion on the couch. It was a wonderful kind of bliss that a guy could seriously get use to. I pressed my lips lightly to his forehead and carefully untangled myself from his warm embrace, almost landing my ass flat on the floor in the process. I stifled the grunt of annoyance at the loss of the flesh on flesh comfort that I’d always found in his arms and draped the Sox blanket hanging off the back of the couch over him. I stopped by our small kitchen to get the coffee going before making a b-line for the shower. My muscles were kinked up from trying to sleep on the couch but I would never take that shit back. I exited the shower feeling like a new man. As I was pulling on jeans and a t-shirt my gaze fell to the file folder still sitting on top of the dresser. The file that contained all of the hideous pictures of Janie. I’d once had a nearly identical file that I had been forced to burn or risk my own sanity. When I laid my hand on top of it I could see the ring on my finger. Without even knowing it, Vishous gave me strength. The strength to fight my demons and face truths that I had always kept hidden. I didn’t need drugs or gallons of alcohol to chase this pain away anymore. It was time for me to seek an end to this chapter in my life. I tucked the folder under my arm and made my way out of the room. I poured a cup of coffee and sat down at the table. My hand shook as I opened the file and saw the first pictures. The anger that always caught me up rolled through me. I took a long drink of coffee and forced myself to relax and examine the images before me with an objective eye. When I’d said that the perps hadn’t been caught it wasn’t the entire truth. Two of the boys had been found and went to juvy for what had been an insulting amount of time. I’d used my cop connections to keep track of them but they had dropped off the face of the world shortly after they got out. And they had never rolled on the third boy. The one that, had he been caught, would have done hard time because he was older. Jose had finally filled in that hole for me by finding the car. I spread the pictures and reports out over the table until I found the one that I was looking for. A picture of the asshole that owned the car. He was the one that had really been behind the terrible act, I was sure of it. Unfortunately he had performed the same disappearing act as his buddies. I set the photo down and turned to look at my Hellren. If anyone could ferret out that information it was him and he had offered his help. God help the man that tried to hide from my genius male. The shit I’d seen him dig up had been nothing short of miraculous. When I looked back down at the picture, I felt like the world had stopped turning. My hand was resting over the image so that all I could see was his face, his hair was completely obscured by my fingers. I knew the face. It was hard to distinguish between all of the lesser when they had so many similar features but this one I knew. With a growl I bolted out of my chair, sending it clattering to the floor. I was clearly not dressed right for this occasion. I stormed back to the room completely oblivious to the flickering lights around me. I ripped open the closet and dug out my leathers.-
V
Rolling over on the couch pulling the soft blanket up tighter around my shoulders, I scoot up against the back of the couch, even throwing my long bare leg up over the back of it. My hands try like a fucker searching out the crevices of the couch on a hunt for the hard muscular form of my male, even buries my face into the cushions, all in my sleep sated head I was still wrapped around that tall strong body of Butch. It wasn’t till I heard a crashing sound in the too close proximity to me that my senses came to full alert, my arms flying out from under the cover, legs kicking at the couch as I fought to stand up and somehow found footing on the floor. Scanning the room with wide eyes, I easily take in the fallen over chair and no sight of my Cop; I kick the rest of the cover off my legs and stalk through the Pit bare assed and following the strong hum in my blood pulling me towards my Male. It wasn’t until I stepped into our bedroom and seen Butch in the closet ripping through stuff that I took my first steady breath. “Fuck man” Dragging my fingers through my hair, pushing it back off my forehead. “You want to talk or beat the fuck out of more helpless furniture, I’m sure the table out there feels neglected” I step closer and lean my long form haphazardly against the closet door frame.
Butch
-My head snapped up when you started talking. The fact that I hadn’t even heard you coming meant that I was entirely to lost in my thoughts. As soon as I saw you the memory slammed through me of holding your lifeless body in my arms. I stopped lacing up my shitkickers and lowered my to rub my fingers over my eyelids. I tried to banish the images but closing my eyes had only made them more vivid.- I can think of better ways to destroy furniture. -The humor was gone from my voice as I finished with the boots and stood up. I turned to you and took a deep breath to try my hand at returning to some sort of calm but I didn’t really work.- I have something to show you. -I knew keeping anything from you was stupid beyond measure and I had no desire to walk down any road alone anymore. I didn’t wait for your reply. I brushed past you stood in front of the table glaring down at the picture laying there. I wanted to rip it to shreds and burn it but I held the impulse at bay.-
V
I walked into the closet and grabbed a pair of black basketball shorts that was folded up on the top shelf and pulled them on; it wasn’t hard to tell you were way deep inside your head. It was obvious you hadn’t been aware I had even walked into the room and the haunted look that was filling those hazel eyes was turning them many shades darker. I nodded and kept it straight and to the point “Alright Butch show me.” I moved out of the way and watched as you walked by; the whole space was infused with the mixture of emotions rolling off you. Once back out in the main rooms I leaned my hand on the edge of the table and seen all the case photos spread out. My chest ached for what this shit did to Butch but then I found myself retrieving the pic and going over every detail. “Oh fuck you got to be kidding me.” The resemblance was spot on to be a coincidence. “What do you want to do? Running out in the night and slaughtering sounds like fun but now let’s talk recon and set shit into motion to achieve the end results you really want.” I laid my gloved hand on your shoulder and let the hand holding the picture drop it back to the table and urged you to face me.
Butch
-I had my knuckles planted on the table and I was attempting to grab some air. I knew what you were saying made sense but I was having a hard time calming down enough to think straight. I actually flinched when your hand touched my shoulder. When I did finally turn away from the picture to look at you the effect was instantaneous. Looking in to your eyes, my stance relaxed some and I eased off the white knuckled fists I had been holding.- Not only was this son of a bitch responsible for brutally murdering my sister but, to add insult to injury, I had to watch him pump bullets in to your back. Do you have any idea what it was like to watch you bleed out in my arms? I wanted to die, Vishous. I really did. -Without looking, I reached back and grabbed up the picture, wrinkling the top of it in my fist.- I remember this fucker from my little side trip through hell as forelesser. And yeah, he had two little fucking buddies. -Grabbing up the other two pictures.- Tell me how I’m supposed to just sit here and hope that someone else doesn’t punch his clock? A knife to the heart is too good for these fuckers.
V
My head dropped a few notches and all I could do was look at the floor, I remembered that night all too damn well, each night and day since being back I dreamed of it. Looking through that window seeing you braced down, beaten and fucking human, all the shit that could have went wrong kept tripping over in my head. Finally I pulled my neck up and looked back at you. “I know Nallum, at the time I couldn’t give into the fear of what could happen to your human self but now that shit plays catch up.” My hand left its place on your shoulder and came to grip the side of your neck, I felt your focus slipping into that whirl pool of hate and anger and not giving two flying fucks. “You don’t just sit here, when the hell have you ever sat and let someone else do what you wanted done?” My lips quirked up at the corner and a sadistic grin came into play as the navy centers of my eyes darkened almost black. “I say it’s time we get back into the game and do what we do best, utter fucking destruction Butch, and you Cop are the beacon to find what we need. You haft to focus and box that shit in you, just until we get the targets in locked down. You feel me on this Butch?
Butch
-My entire face darkened in a wicked sneer that flashed fang and my voice came out in a growl.- This is just one of many reasons why I am mated to you and not some fucking female that would tell me that everything I did was too damn dangerous. -I didn’t even question the urge as I rushed forward and slammed you against the nearest wall. I crushed my lips to yours with such force that it would have bruised anyone else. I pulled away just as suddenly and pointed you toward the bedroom, swatting your ass soundly.- Get a move on, nallum. We are wasting darkness.
V
My shoulders squared back and even my spine went straighter as I stood to my full height. “That’s good that you’re not mated to a female, I’d hate to have to kill just to get you.” I started to laugh but the gesture came out in a rushed grunt when the next thing I knew my back was slammed up against the wall and the hardness of your body was another solid wall in front of me. My head barely had time to angle before your demanding mouth came crashing down on mine, fuck it was perfect, and the sounds that filtered through my filled mouth attested to that. Way the hell too soon those warm bruising lips was gone and I narrowed my eyes a split second before I pushed off the wall and saluted you.” Aye aye Captain.” Turning around grinning I slid my fingers into the back of my shorts and shoved the waist band down to hug right underneath my ass cheeks while I walked into the bedroom slow as fuck.
Butch
-I could see my red hand print on that delicious ass and I had to do some serious adjusting of my leathers before I cut off all blood flow.- Damn it Vishous. This is serious, stop trying to distract me. -I had to turn away to keep from staring at your backside. I knew if I kept that up too long I would have you pinned beneath me in space of a heart beat. The thought did bring a grin to my face though. I reached inside my jacket and pulled out a smoke.- I’ll fuck you stupid all day long but for now the night is for hunting. -I lit the cigarette and moved to the table to gather up the file and tuck it neatly back in the folder. No way I was going to sit there and stare at those fucking pictures until I went completely crazy. I walked over to your desk, laid the folder on it and dug around for a map of the city. I knew I would probably catch shit for making a mess of your stuff. It was actually a very hard item to find considering you did everything digitally. I folded the map out and began marking spots on the map where I knew for a fact lesser had been holed up before.-
V
Reaching the closet I disposed of my basketball shorts and exchanged them for some leathers and pulled on a trademark black shirt, grabbing my boots and stealing a pair of Butch’s socks I copped a squat on the bed and slid them on. I called out to the other room “Well what the fuck did you expect when you go beating on me.” Standing up I picked up my gear and jacket from the back of the wing back chair and strapped on and slid the jacket over my blades just enough to cover them up. Rolling my shoulders and neck, I headed back out into the main room and cocked my head watching you marking away on the map. “Find what you needed?” stepping around you I came up on the other side and took in the areas you was marking. “Tell me where we are are starting at, you have a clear path laid out there, which one will be our best to check out first?
Butch
-I looked up from what I was doing and spared a long moment to admire the leather clinging to your body.- Daaaamn you make this shit look good. -I coughed in to my hand and turned back to the map. Tapping out the spots that I’d marked.- Actually these spots are no good. They won’t go back to them. But they do prefer the outskirts of town. They only hunt in town because that’s where they know they will find us. I want their hideout. Unfortunately that’s going to mean a lot of leg work. -I paused to stare at the map- I say we start here. -Circling a large area that seemed untouched- I feel like we should tell someone what we are doing but I don’t really want to. -Looking up to you for guidance on the matter-
V
Clapping you hard on the shoulder with a wink. “Quit staring at my pecks man” I follow the places you pointed out and scoped out the surrounding areas. My shoulders lifted up under the heavy leather in a shrug. “Leg work isn’t a thing, just need to make sure we stick together, no solo shit.” I whistled low under my breath. “We might do better to take some recruits and go medieval torture on their ass to see if we can shake any info out, finding the hideout has been a damn goal we track and sometimes we get them and other times the pale bastards run.” Standing back up I grab up my phone and do a double check on the GPS and send a quick txt to Wrath. “There, we’re on patrol, simple as that Butch and if need be were locatable, so all good now, let’s hit the area you marked and see what trouble we can find.” 
Butch
-I chewed the inside of my lip and kept to myself the plans that I had playing out in my head for this particular trio of fuckers. Especially the coward that killed little girls and shot people in the back. The ‘no solo shit’ rang in my ears and I just nodded at it. The bastard wasn’t going to die quickly and you were the only one that could keep me from that goal.- You drive. I’m on radar. -Tapping my skull with a wink and turning toward the door. Truth be told I hated opening myself up to the stank of lesser but I didn’t see any other way around it. I knew that I was going to tamp down some serious shit if I was going to be able to pull this off at all.-
V
It was an instant reaction to something unspoken when my brows drew down low over my eyes and I felt it ringing through to my gut. Reaching out I grabbed your elbow to bring you about to me and my voice tone took on no sensitive tone, no calm, it was menacing and low, with an undertone carrying on each word. “I’m with you in this, but you blind side me and I will kick your fucking ass.” Nodding I let go and picked up the keys off my desk and headed to the door opening it and with one last look over my shoulder at you. “Keep your head clear, I see you going down and I will throw your ass over my shoulder and haul ass Cop, other than that lets go have some sweet revenge and fun.
Butch
-I stopped when you grabbed my elbow and narrowed my eyes at the tone you took. I kept quiet and watched you walk out the door with a raised brow. It took awhile for it to sink in to my skull that you were perhaps the one being who actually would understand the depth of my hatred for these bastards. I followed after you and weighed the merits of expressing to you the terrible things that raced through my mind. I waited until we were in the Escalade to broach the subject. If I had any hope of retaining my sanity through this whole thing it would be because of you. It was always the way that we worked and I would have it no other way. I cleared my throat and turned to you.- I can’t even begin to tell you the terrible things that have rolled through my head since the moment I recognized that bastard. I want to torture him the way Janie was tortured, the way I was tortured. I will not be satisfied until I have torn strips from his flesh. -I was sure that the look in my eyes was something close to madness but I knew that it was only a matter of time before you saw through the thin veil that I clung to.-
V
Sliding in, one hand on the wheel and one with the keys dangling loose, I looked over at you and sit back some against the black leather seat. I took in the words that I, myself had felt on more than one fucked up occasion in my life, especially the times when you was walking too damn close to deaths door. “Good thing I know how to tie a being down to where they can’t get away.”The need for bloody retribution was on a different level than the usual hunt a lesser down, kill and retrieve info. No what I seen sparking in your eyes was some severe haunted and deep bone down killer need. “Just keep the flesh stripping under hold for the ones you want, till then we slice and dice the old fashion way.” 
Butch
-I settled back in the seat and stared out the window, not really seeing what I was looking at.- You slice and dice. I walk into hell and dance with the devil. It isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be but the pay off is rewarding. -I cracked the window and pulled out a cigarette to wait until we were close to the area that I thought might be worth checking out. I was going purely off of a hunch but my instincts were all I ever usually relied on. I had to shut my mind down, to force myself not to see the images and not to feel the sorrow. Oddly enough I hung on to the anger, I let it run rampant until I could practically feel it roll off of my skin. No matter how comforting being close to you felt, it didn’t hold back the tide.-
V
Letting out a huffed breath I turned the ignition over and drove us away from the safety of the Manse, every now and then I would dart a glance at your side profile and I didn’t need the visual to tell me what I was already feeling from you. The range of emotions that was before now was singled in solely on hatred and was your driving force, hell it was filling the whole atmosphere of the vehicle up. Pulling my cell out I check again on the GPS, knowing already it was on and working but I felt a deep sense of making sure we were reachable just in case. “Damn I feel I am chalked full of damn warnings tonight, but don’t go over doing the super hero thing, again I will kick your ass Nallum.” I winked over at you even though your eyes were on some deep concentration out the window. We make it to the outskirts of the city; I head down the road that you had circled on the map. I found a place that had enough coverage to hide the Escalade as I turned off the blacktop, pulling in deep enough to not be seen from the road if a car passed by. “Its go time, I’m following your lead here, so lead on Captain.
Butch
-I stepped out of the SUV and dropped my smoke on the ground and stamped it out with my boot. I closed my eyes and let my senses roam wide. I weaved back and forth and ended up and just leaning against the Escalade. I stayed there until my head started hurting and gave it up with a curse. Of course it was too much to hope that I would pick something up right off the bat. I picked a random direction and just started walking. My uncanny ability to pick up on the presence of lesser had always been limited by its range. I checked my gun and trusted that you were behind me. I wanted to cover as much ground as possible before daylight caught up to us.-

No comments:

Post a Comment