Thursday, June 6, 2013

Frustration


Butch
-I paced back and forth in the Pit waiting for the sun to set. I checked my weapons for what must have been the tenth time and stopped in front of the map… again. My efforts thus far had been fucking useless. I had marked off the spots that had jack shit going on and that seemed to be par for the course. I wondered for the millionth time if I should just give up the whole damn thing and set up shop downtown. I was actually beginning to doubt my ability to even find the bastards anymore. My hand went to my chest where my new and improved, super-charged heart was. After being hit dead center with a shot of pure Omega my still human heart had checked out on me. I hadn’t even inhaled a lesser since then. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to do it anymore. It always brought me one step closer to him every time I took in a portion of his essence. I leaned heavily against the table that the map was on as memories flooded through my brain. My head dipped down and I ground my teeth together. I’d always done everything that I could to push those thoughts from my mind. If I thought that living with my sister’s murder my entire life was hard, it was nothing compared to the shit that I had blocked out from that experience. I curled forward on the table and rested forehead in my hands. In the darkest corners of my mind I could still feel the Omega crawling inside of me, claiming what wasn’t his to take. It still plagued my dreams at times. The worst type of violation that he doled out to every one of his initiates. It left you feeling like your insides had been clawed out while he stood there laughing. It was the highest form of degradation and I had kept it from Vishous with every fiber of my being. Yet here it was ripping through me in the waking hours. I shouted out a curse of defiance and shoved everything off of the table in frustration. NO! I would not relive this now! I had no room for it, I needed to find the lesser that had killed both my sister and my hellren. I slammed my fists down on the table and broke it completely in half, though not cleanly. I looked down at large piece of wood jutting through the meat of my palm and laughed. I sat down heavily on the floor and just stared at it sticking out of my hand before finally closing my other hand around it and yanking it out. I tossed the shard in the mess I’d made of the table. Grabbing the bottom of my shirt, I ripped off a strip and tied it around my hand.- That’s what you get for messing with the fucking table, dumb ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment