Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Snatch


Butch
-I knew something was wrong the moment I stepped into the station. Everyone was trying to make it a point of not looking at me while still casting glances my way. Like I didn’t see them whispering in the corner. I was so not in the mood for this. Why couldn’t I just come into work and do my thing? I bypassed my desk and went straight for the coffee pot. The Chief was waiting for me. I groaned inwardly and wished to god that I had called in sick today. ‘We need to talk. Join me in my office.’ I had the sinking feeling that this day was just about to get worse. The shitty look on my face didn’t go anywhere as I followed after and sat down with my cup of bitter coffee. The Chief sat on the edge of his desk and pulled out a folder. ‘The guy that you clocked last night decided to press charges.’ I let out a loud groan and sagged back in my chair.- Terrific. -I knew what was coming next like it was printed on a billboard. ‘I think you need to take some time off to get your head straightened out.’- That is the last fucking thing I need is a bunch of time on my hands to contemplate why my life sucks so damn much. -He put the folder back down and shifted around some like he was trying to get comfortable before he started talking again. ‘Look, it’s none of my business who you see on your down time but you should know that this guy that you punched is being very vocal.’ If I could have melted into the floor and disappeared I would have right then and there. My head fell into my hand. So that explained all the fucked up looks I was getting on the way in.- Could this day get any fucking worse? -The Chief seemed to be done with his nervous shuffling bit and just stood up altogether. ‘I’m not asking here, O’Neal. You’ve got too much of this shit on your jacket for me to just shove it under the rug. Hell they wanted me to send you to anger management classes so I think you are getting off easy here. And of course you are going to have to pass a psyche eval before you come back.’ I was done listening to the bullshit. There was no way to argue my way out of this so I just stood up and left my badge and gun on his desk.- Don’t do me any favors just cause you think I’m light in the loafers all of the sudden. -I turned around and before I got to the door the Chief stopped me. ‘Stay out of the bars, Butch. Keep your nose clean while you are out there and there shouldn’t be a problem.’ I turned my head to give him a ‘you gotta me kidding me’ look.- I’m not going to make any promises. -I slammed the door closed behind me and glared at every motherfucker stupid enough to look twice at me. By the time I got back to my car I felt like I was going to explode.- FuuuUuuuck! -I beat the shit out of my steering wheel until I realized that I probably looked like a dumb ass sitting there yelling and cursing. So I went back to my apartment.-
V
Dragging a hand down my face, I finally rolled my bare ass to the side of the bed, and braced my feet on the floor, my legs instantly protested against the action. The workout I beat into my body hours ago was showing it’s after affects and it was exactly what I wanted, pain to take away from the thinking, a kind of pain I can deal with and welcome fully. Staggering some to the shower, I opted out on the normal hot shower that most would embrace to help soothe sore and over used muscles, the blast that hit my broad back was nothing short of being doused in buckets of ice water. Lowering my head I just stood there like a carved in stone statue, even the breaths that I drew in were slow and barely made an indent in my chest cavity. My diamond eyes slowly closed and as much as I tried to block out the thoughts, they came in through the widening cracks in the walls I had tried to reconstruct. Butch standing there, arms crossed over his thick chest, with that look of ‘what the fuck was that shit’ blatantly on his face and then how it went just as quickly to heated anger that bordered on hate. Finally I moved from my frozen stance, turning around to face the spray of ice berg water and the only thing I could feel was a sense of self hatred. Butch’s words were true to a point, better now than later, because later without a single doubt, he would hate me. Butch O’Neal might have a fuck ton more anger and quick as razor sharp wit than anyone I have come across but when it came down to it, he had a good heart that beat strong under that chest. He would see that I was the last being to ever deserve the right to have him call me Nallum and eventually learn what a perverse twisted murdering male I was and then the on the verge of hate I seen last night would be full on envelope me in the pure essence of the mans hatred. Growling out savagely with that thought stuck in my head, I grabbed up the soap and worked every inch of my flesh into a thick lather and finished it off with washing my hair out before letting the icy water rinse away the suds. Pulling the towel off the rack and wrapping it around my hips, I did a quick run through with both of my hands in my hair, shaking off the excess water. My legs still felt like I had run across the state and back about 3 times but I figured after some Goose I would be prime and ready to hit the streets. With that thought I took the bottle and a glass to my desk and copped a squat in my chair, pouring a full glass, I sit the bottle down and without even a conscience thought my fingers flew over the keys and the info I pulled up had my lips thinning out and my fangs made their appearance as they punched down through my bottom lip. “Mother fucker” Right there in black and white on one of my screens, the Caldwell PD data base was pulled up and one Mr. Brian O’Neal’s Suspension papers, filed, stamped and signed. I knew last night meeting in public was a damn risk, but fuck me if I could deny Butch anything, now his ass was dealing with the after effects. Yeah I was doing a bang up job on staying away, still I couldn’t stop the slight heat that welled in me at thought he must have punched that dick head right before meeting me outside, damn Cop had a good right hook and the mind set to follow it up, deadly combo that set my blood to a low simmering boil. It took no more than another few swipes of the keys to have the report pulled up and right there just changed my night plans, a quick stop off and then onto my next destination.
I pulled on my jacket over my holster and then it clicked into my head, a slow vindictive grin settles on my lips and I head back over to my toys and with a move of the mouse they come to life. Yeah this would hit home better than my other more violent plan, it was child’s play to bring up the dickheads full info. I had his bank info, mortgage, even the top three credit bureaus displayed and some key strokes here and some there the bastard that filed charges against Butch was in financial ruin, even threw in some suspicious credit card charges to a local hotel that was easy enough to coincide with his uniformed wife’s work schedule and his off time. Shoving in there some late car notes and all was good to go, fuck with my Cop and I will fuck your life up. Groaning hard as I pushed back away from my desk with that thought in mind. He wasn’t mine I had to beat that in my mind, even if I was heading to stake his ass out till I knew that at least during the night hours he wasn’t meeting with them pale bastards and he was at least safe during that time. I forgo the SUV and just dematted to the rooftop of the building across the way from Butch’s, the same one I had landed on the first night I came to retrieve my daggers. Walking across the rooftop, I stopped just at the edge and squatted down and easily picked the correct window I already knew, there was a light on but no movement. Either Butch was holed up at home after the cluster fuck of a day he had or was drowning his day at the bottom of a bottle in some rat hole bar. Gut instinct told me this was the best shot, if I was wrong then plan B was to scour the streets till I found him, whether he wanted to see me or not.
Butch
-I dragged myself off of the couch, kicking empty bottles and cans out of the way as I shuffled my way to the fridge. I weaved back and forth slightly as I pulled it open and glanced at the now empty shelves with blurry eyes.- Fawk! -Slamming the door closed with an angry shove. I turned my head and spotted the near full bottle of Lag just sitting there on the counter. I stumbled toward it catching myself on the table, the chairs, the sink. My shaking fingers ran over the surface of the bottle and my head fell forward. As much as I wanted to drink it, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. It could very well be the only thing that I would ever have of him and I just couldn’t do it. Hell, I even still had the glass that he had used that night. This shit was way overboard sappy but I hadn’t washed it. With a groaned out sigh I opened up my cupboard and placed the bottle of Lag up there with the cup. I closed it before I was tempted once more to open it and down the contents. I weaved my way out of the kitchen, found my keys and shoved my feet into a pair of flip-flops. I knew that I was way too drunk to drive but I should be able to make it to the corner market. It took me about five tries to be able to stick the key in and lock up my apartment behind me. I got all the way to the stairs before I realized that I didn’t have my wallet. I let off a long string of slurred curses that made no goddamn sense at all and spent another ten minutes trying to open my door again. I slapped my hand down on my wallet and gave up on the whole locking the house up bullshit. I was pretty sure I hit every freaking wall imaginable on the way down the stairs. I should just be happy that I stayed on my damn feet I guess. I had to brace my hand on the buildings as I slowly made my way. The cop in the back of my brain told me that I was a prime target for a mugger right now and I could give a shit. Would serve me right to get robbed and possibly beat up. The guy in the store didn’t want to sell me jack shit. I had to practically shove the money down his throat to get him to let me walk out with my bottle of scotch. I didn’t even try to make it back to my apartment. I slouched down like a common bum in the alley. Truth be told I didn’t want to sit in that apartment any longer. All I could see was him leaning against the wall or sitting on the couch. I brought my knees up and buried my head, folding my arms around to close out the world. Why had I let this happen? Goddamn it, I fucking knew better. I needed to get the fuck out of here or I was going to go insane. I made up my mind right there to take this little suspension time to get the hell out of town. Hopefully I remembered my little epiphany in the morning.-
V
Everything in me came on instant alert when I see the Cop roll off the couch, and fuck I watched it all as if in some gut wrenching slow motion shit. All the way from the shuffling to the kitchen, damn he hit every corner and wall in the small place and I froze in place when I recognized the bottle of Lag I had brought the Cop. My eyes did a triple blink set when he didn’t open it and instead put it away in the cabinet, he was obviously looking for more drink. Before I had time to ponder that shit, he was on the go and I dematted down to the street, keeping at a distance but still close enough to get in there in case some shit went down. My fingers rolled up into my palms so tight I knew my short nails broke the flesh barriers, even through my glove, I stood on the outside of the store and the whole staying at a safe distance was gone when I watched Butch slide down the wall and huddle inside himself. I knew that move, and watching it it happen to him was more than my leather, dagger wearing cold self could handle. I didn’t even need to command my feet to move, I was there squatting down in front of the only one I gave a fuck about. “Come on Butch, let’s get you back to your place, I gotcha.
Butch
-I lifted my head up slow as fuck to keep from spinning around in circles and blinked a few times at who I saw in front of me. I heard the voice but I was sure that I was so far gone that everyone probably sounded like that now. My hand not holding the bottle came up to assure myself that I wasn’t seeing things. Of course my aim was terrible and I almost ended up poking out one of those gorgeous eyes.- Veshh… vishaw… Veeee? Weye er ew her? I deadat tawk. I swah
V
I had to wave my hand in front of my face at the epic strong smell if rotted alcohol coming from Butch and then my head had to weave my head from one side of my shoulders to the other when Butch tried to play poke my eye out for fun.”Yeah, you’re way fucked” But that wasn’t anything compared to how my clear eyes almost crossed over on each other when the tore the hell apart syllables that started to spew out of Butch mouth had my head almost hurting. “Well the V parts right” I glanced around and seen few peeps out and about and then dropped my gaze back to Butch. “Hang in there Cop” In under a second I had my Mhis surrounding us and I hooked an arm under his pit and with the other hand grabbed the bottle away and letting it roll into the gutter. With ease I gripped a hold of Butch’s waist and doing some heaving and hoeing shit, along with a few grunts, I was upright and threw you over my shoulder “I’m here because of you Butch, you won’t remember shit I am saying so it’s all good, I trust you” Your ass weighed more than it looked, I thought as I headed back inside your building once we reached it and upstairs. I braced all Butch’s weight on my shoulder as I let go with one hand and twisted the unlocked door knob open and swiftly kicked it close once inside. Not stopping till we reached the bedroom and with more care than even I knew I had in me, I lowered you down to the bed. A whole other mode kicked in and removed Butch’s shoes and then socks and fuck I didn’t stop there, pants came next and then lifting your torso up, I pulled your shirt off and tossed it on the ground with the rest of the pile. “Almost good to go Butch, let’s get you settled in” hooking my hands under Butch’s arms I pulled you up the bed and grabbed the cover. “So is a garbage can called for?”
Butch
-My brain went on a whole tilt-a-whirl ride as I was lifted off of the ground and all manner of ugly retching sounds came out of me. I even tried to grab for the bottle that flew to the ground.- Haaayyy! Eyeh pahd gud munny fur dat. -I had to close my eyes so that I didn’t watch the ground moving unnaturally below me. Mumbling out curses the whole damn way until I realized that I was back at my place. A wide range of moans and groans poured out as I fell back on the bed. And I tried once again to wrap my head around what was going on. I tried to grab an arm, a piece of clothing, anything that would keep the vision in front of me here.- Dohn go. -I had to blink a few times when the question finally registered in my head. My tongue was almost too heavy to talk.- Thet ah I pewk ahn dah flah.
V
I just shook my head and went into the kitchen, grabbing a glass, filling it with water and the can before making my way back to the bedroom. “I’ll pay you more than what that cheep ass bottle was worth, you’ll live my man” Strolling over to the bed, I take a seat on the edge and slide my hand under Butch’s head, slow as fuck lifting only it up. “Take a drink for me.” Raising the glass almost to his mouth. “I’ll be here for a while, not rid of me just yet” Shit it was right now I wish I had brought my SUV, the thought of fucking leaving you like this was some damn kick ass torture. “I got you covered on the can to
Butch
-I tried to swallow the liquid that was being pressed to my mouth but I ended up choking and sputtering.- Fawk! Dat wawtah? Dahmmmm. Dohn wahn. -I made a sour face and shook my head in what I was sure looked like a completely childish manuever. It took me a few tries but I finally found one of your hands and grabbed on to it for dear life.- Vehshas… -Stumbling over the s’s, sounding more like a snake than anything. Which of course made me laugh. My head weaving around like my neck was nothing more than a string.- Ey fawken luff ew. -I meant it of course but the alcohol may have gotten to me a tad. Just a little… Yeah okay so a lot.-
V
I sit the barely touched glass down on the night table and grabbed up your discarded shirt from the floor to wipe the excess water from your mouth and chin and all the way down your throat even during your new head bobbing maneuver. “If I had rope I would tie your ass to this damn bed, fuck I know your gonna take a spill from it.” Grunting out loudly, I dropped the shirt back to the floor and turned back just when Butch went groping on a seek and find mission for my hand and damn if I didn’t start to chuckle. “Fuck Butch, you tied on a good one…“The rest was left hanging when his next set of slurred words filled the air. I gripped your hand and shook my head in protest. “No you don’t, your loving up on the liquor right now.” But fuck even hearing the barely understandable words in a drunken stage had me grabbing up Butch’s discarded pants and half wet shirt and shoving them back on. Which took some work, considering Butch was way useless in the process, I forewent the shoes and socks and I scanned the room for keys and my glowing eyes landed back on Butch. “Help me out, where’s your car keys? We’re going for a ride Butch
Butch
Aim naht soh dunk. Oooohhh mahbee eye yam… -My body wobbled back and forth as you tried to dress me once more. I almost cartwheeled off of the bed entirely. Grabbing on to you barely in time to keep from falling.- I mehnt dah doh. -I scanned around the room a few times almost wondering where the keys were too. Then a light bulb went off, or flickered on…- Mah pans. -I twisted around and tried to find my keys. Patting down my pockets.- Ewe fine em.
V
I shrugged Butch’s hands away and dipped my hands in your pockets and bingo I pulled the keys free. “That’s it Butch, even lit your head is clicking.” Once more I put one hand under Butch’s arm pit and the other at your waist.”Alright keep your stomach in gear, gonna haft to do some more roller coaster walking again. So try not to puke down my back.” Chuckling I lifted Butch up and tried as easy as fuck not to be too rough, but hey it is what it is. Keys in palm and balancing a drunk cop, I retraced my steps with my Mhis in place and came out into the cool night air and as luck would have it, the Vic was all nice and parked in front.”Good fucking deal on the parking place.” Pulling open the back door I deposited my load down on the seat and had to fold Butch’s legs up in there before shutting the door and slipping into the drivers seat and like a male on a mission I controlled every light through town and pushed that car beyond its limit. Still the slurred drunken words of Butch ringing in my head that it was in fact meant.”Yeah, cop, you will be my undoing, kidnapping a drunk detective in the middle of the night. I am all kinds of smooth over here with rational thoughts.” In fucking Disney world. I was dumbass I thought to myself. I made it to my warehouse and the side door opened under my command and I pulled in right next to my SUV and shut it off. Stepping out I went around and retrieved my stolen loot from the back seat “You’ll be laid back out in a few, another fucking few steps of roughness.” This time I carried Butch in my arms to my bed and laid you down on the black silk sheets, only to do a repeat of strip the cop again and slide the sheet up over a boxer wearing Butch and pulled the can that sit close to the table to the bed. “Fuck what a night.
Butch
-I had to laugh as you dug the keys out of my pocket. Squirming when goosebumps ran up and down my body. I was completely unprepared to be lifted off of the ground again and I clung to your back to keep from moving too much. When I got dumped in the back of my own car my body did a full scale revolt and I had to scramble with the handle near my head to open the door, puking all over the ground before pulling the door closed again. I sank back into seat and let my eyes drift closed as the car started moving. Something in the back of my head was trying to tell me what was going on here but it was all a jumbled mess. I fell asleep before we even came to a stop. The voice drifting through the background brought a smile to my face. I had no clue where I was but I felt a soft bed under me and smooth as hell sheets. I rolled to the side and curled up to drift off into a deep sleep.-

No comments:

Post a Comment