Friday, June 7, 2013

Road to Recover (part 2)


V
A tatted brow rose with a slight smirk gracing my mouth as I looked over at Butch at the bar. “Maybe we both should have gotten plastered before the fun started.“Grabbing the bottle of Goose I poured myself a full glass and drained it swiftly. As always I welcomed the smooth silk of the drink as it slid easily down my throat, leaving in its place a slight warming sensation. I sit the now empty glass down on the bar. “The chosen will be here any moment.” Shrugging my black T-Shirt covered broad shoulders I stepped around the bar to stand next to you and in that second I knew the female was here. Too damn hard not to when the whole of the Pit was nothing but Male, scents, taste and more and now a fresh sweet smell wafted in the air. I almost dropped my head to the hard counter before I grunted out. “And the show begins.
Butch
-My nostrils flared when you walked back in to the room. It wasn’t really helping that you put on your leathers cause damn you made them look good. I carefully turned my head and poured another drink to keep from looking at you broad chest. I didn’t even get the glass to my lips before I caught the foreign scent. My hand clenched, shattering the tumbler and my fangs immediately punched through my bottom lip. I hadn’t even realized how hungry I was. In here, locked up with you, I hadn’t even given it a second thought. I literally could not remember the last time I had fed from blood other than yours. It overrode everything in a primal need that shut down all thinking. My head swiveled toward the Chosen and I would have jumped across the room to taste that blood if I hadn’t grabbed your wrist somewhere in there. I squeezed tightly and slowly turned my eyes back to you with a lost look.-
V
I was on the verge to walk towards the clearly shaken Chosen, when i felt the iron grip of Butch’s hand on my wrist. When I looked over I muttered a litany of curses. How the fuck could I have not foreseen this clusterfuck coming. I should have, just more proof of how I was letting stuff fall a part around me and not in the zone. Pushing off the bar I stepped in front of and slid the hand that was free to lay alongside Butch’s neck. “You got this, control your breathing and I won’t let you lose it.” I spoke to the Chosen that was standing mere feet behind me but I didn’t turn away from Butch “Go to the room to your left and take a seat on the couch. Need a few, been a while between feedings.” I barely heard the smooth movements of her robe as she did as I said. No doubt she was getting a mind fuck about right now, not only had I never allowed a chosen or anyone that wasn’t a brother into the Pit but she was being faced with crazed hunger from one male and it wasn’t surprising that the chosen were glad that I found other sources of feeding. Up until Butch my source had always been my willing Pets. Never wanted to touch anything from the other side. Shit has changed so now I just have to keep Butch from trying to drain the female.”We’ll take it slow.”
Wrath
[I was actually rather shocked when I listened my phone read off V’s text. I’d gotten used to getting ignored by him. Not that it made me happy. I’d had my own problems with V before but this seemed beyond ridiculous. He’d never flat out thumbed his nose in my face before. And that was exactly what it felt like. Like he didn’t give a good goddamn that I was his King. Even the Scribe Virgin had been no help when I had sucked it up and gone to her for help. I’d received a very vague, ‘He’s made his decision.’ Before she left me standing there with my mouth hanging open. There was more to that story and I hated that I didn’t have the whole picture. I knew that it revolved around the choice the two males had made but that wasn’t what concerned me. What bothered me was that it all seemed to be effecting the two Brothers. As soon as I learned that a Chosen would be entering the Pit I left the stuffy confines of my study and waited for her to arrive at the mansion. I pulled her aside to have a word with her before she went in. I let her know that no one had been in there for quite awhile now. I wasn’t sure what the situation was but I cautioned her to be careful and further told her that if she left the way open, I would be there if anything happened. Not that I really thought anything would, I just wanted to get my foot in the door. V had said that he would be coming out but it seemed that he was very careful not to mention anything about his mate. There might as well have warning sirens going off when it came to that topic. Vishous needed to know that he wasn’t the only one in the manse that was concerned about Butch.]
Butch
-I tried to focus on you and when you put your hand on my neck it seemed to help. My adrenaline shot clear through the roof and I tried to do what you said. What did you say?… Oh right, controlled breathing… It didn’t seem to help much though. Every inhale brought more of the Chosen’s scent in. When she finally left the room, I was able look at you and actually see you.- Nallum… it’s not her I want… -I needed to say it. Even if I knew that deep down you understood it, I needed to say it. Speaking the words hadn’t even kept me from moving toward her but my steps were slow and measured. I didn’t let go of your wrist though. It felt like the only control that I had at the moment.-
V
I nodded, your words made their way in my head but I was more focused on what needed to be done, I only stepped away a few inches. “I want this done and her gone.”I walked beside you and made sure I was the first one through the door. All my senses were located on the male at my side and not the Chosen sitting on edge on the couch.When we got within inches I braced myself just in fucking case you tried to rip the female’s jugular out in your crazed hunger. “Like I said, I won’t let you go too far, you on one side me at the other and you go at her wrist.” The last was not an option, I sure as fuck wasn’t let you take from anyone’s neck.
Butch
-I looked down at the Chosen. I could see the blood pumping through her veins and I was vaguely aware of a low growling that could only be coming from me. The sound of her heart rate quickening made my upper lip curl. I slid down beside her and leaned forward to inhale the sweet aroma. I heard the word wrist and she cautiously lifted her hand. She was shaking like a leaf and it only added to the moment. My fangs were throbbing painfully and I instinctively grabbed her hand. I didn’t even pause to make sure that I didn’t hurt her. My teeth pierced her skin easily and my lips sealed around the area. The first drop of blood that hit my tongue brought out a moan, to my ever living shame. It wasn’t the rich blood of my male but it was clearly something my body needed. I swallowed mouthfuls greedily before I finally remembered my surroundings. I looked up at my Hellren. These moments always felt like such a betrayal, I hated it and I hated what it did to me.-
V
I stood there and watched as Butch sat down next to the Female that was letting off waves of fear. My arms hung at my side, they were anything but relaxed, and watching my Male sink those canines of his into anyone else’s flesh was almost my undoing. The animalistic urge to stop this at all cost was knotting up inside of me but I made myself stay where I stood. Right now I drilled into my head was about getting Butch properly fed before he lost it even more, I was running out of ideas and hell something had to give. My fist clinched up as soon as I heard that sinful pleasurable moan come from my mate and I muttered a simple. “Fuck” I drew in a deep breath through my nose and when I felt sane enough that the male wouldn’t lose it I took my seat on the other side of the Chosen. She turned her head towards me and raised her wrist; I looked down at the small figure and nodded. “You won’t be hurt while you are here.” She seemed to believe me as she locked her eyes on my icy gaze and I lowered my head down. The first clear pure scent of her flesh mingled with the blood rushing underneath it had my fangs elongating and I scraped over the tender area a second before I fully pierced the thin wrist. The chosen’s own moan could barely be heard over the already rushing sounds in my ears as I eyes closed a bare second as the warm liquid rushed into my waiting mouth. I latched my mouth completely on the now wet skin and drew easily from the willing vein that I could feel pulse against my canines.
Wrath
[I allowed for a decent amount of time to pass before I slipped in to the Pit. The first thing that struck me hard in the face was the clear bonding scent of two males. I was hard wired to turn my ass around and get out of the area. It was a distinct warning to any male of our species but I had to disregard it. My near useless eyes fell on some sort of mess on the wall. I leaned closer, as if that would help, and discovered that there were papers pinned in odd spots throughout. Stepping back, I could almost make out a swirling dark mass. The whole thing was very disturbing. I slowly backed away from the wall and scanned the rest of the area. It was clear that they could use a doggen or three in here. I stopped by the couch and wondered why the hell it was turned in such a manner. I shook my head and found a chair to sit in while I waited for them to be done. I could clearly hear what was going on in the other room, almost as if I was there watching the event. I knew Vishous would throw a fit about that but I needed answers.]
Butch
-My eyes stayed focused on you as you sat down. It was an odd thing to watch what I had felt first hand so many times. I knew exactly what those sharp teeth felt like. I wanted to close the distance between us but the female sat between us. I reached out my free hand and combed my fingers through that thick black hair. My thumb brushed over the tatts at your brow. The ever present word at the back of my mind screamed forth: MINE! I could feel my bonding scent break out across my skin to wrap around my mate. My eyes slid closed, I didn’t want to watch the scene in front of me anymore and I could only imagine how it felt for him. I drank my fill as quickly as possible and withdrew my fangs. I had enough to sense to slide my tongue over the punctures I’d left in the female’s skin before I pulled away. In my haste to get away from her, I landed my ass on the ground with a loud thud. I lowered my head and threaded my fingers together over top it.-
V
I could feel the effects of the feeding as the Chosen’s blood worked its way through me, it was almost calming this kind of feeding. Even though I could still fuck multiple holes in a wall, my mind was slowing down and I went with the sensation. My eyes opened when Butch‘s fingers made contact with my skin and I had to bite back the growl that threatened to erupt from my throat. I pictured clear as fuck taking the male that sat only inches from me, I knew exactly how every inch of his skin felt, all those hard sculpted muscles and damn I could even almost feel how fucking tight he would be wrapped around my throbbing cock. I struggled to shut those thoughts down, they would do me no damn good right now but that went to hell in hand a hand basket when that rich male scent enveloped me from the outside, in. My gaze ate up the male, even watched as that tongue licked over those small wounds in the females’ wrist and I had better ideas of what could be done with that tongue. All thoughts fled when I watch the fall to the ground and instantly I yanked my canines from her wrist. My brows drew down at the position I watched you go into on the floor and I grabbed her wrist irritably and cleaned her wound up quickly. “Thank you, you may go now.” She barely nodded as she looked from the male on the floor to me and then stood up and left almost too quietly. I moved down the couch to where you had been sitting and reached a hand out to lay it on your shoulder. “It’s all good now Butch, you did damn well.” I licked my tongue over my still bloody lips and lengthened fangs.
Butch
-So much blood… It always came back to the blood… I flinched slightly when I felt something touch my shoulder and I looked up to see Vishous.- I didn’t kill her?… -My eyes darted around the room.- Where did she go? I’m not a murderer, Vishous. I swear to God… I’m really not… -I could still taste the blood on my lips. Fuck, it had tasted so goddamn good.- Shhh… she’s okay? -I got up suddenly, leaning over you with my hands on your shoulders.- Tell me I didn’t fucking kill her! -I remembered that I’d wanted to drain the girl dry. My eyes were wide, almost frantic-
V
As if watching the channels being switched continuously on a TV, I saw the myriad of emotions flicker through your eyes, all the way from confusion to fear and slipping into panic. I shook my head and kept my voice as calm as I could but everything in me was twisting around. “No Butch you didn’t hurt her, the Chosen is already in the other side and safe.” I wrapped my fingers around your wrist and stood up from the couch. “Look I am gonna grab us some food, why don’t you lay down and try to catch some shut eye, you haven’t slept for shit all damn week Butch. Couch is right there and I’m not going anywhere, ok?” I had held out some hope that the feeding would help, I knew it had been too damn long but just maybe, still yet that was a pipe dream that just came crashing down around me and I was feeling the affects of it hard as fuck now.
Wrath
[I watched as the Chosen practically ran out of the room. Her fear and worry were evident, even to a blind man. I waved her over and thanked her, trying to ease her mind as she rambled off something about it being her fault.] Your service is appreciated, Chosen. Thank you. [She bowed and left the Pit in a hurry. I stood up and was going to enter the room but something stopped me in my tracks. I tilted my head and listened to conversation. I freely admit that it was not what I expected. Not at all. I backed up and stood near the kitchen, leaning against the wall with my arms folded across my chest. I clearly understood why V was acting the way he was now. The question was what had set it off.]
V
I left the room with my hand tearing back through my hair and a not so loud grunt. Butch had laid down finally and when I came out I saw Wrath.”Playing peep and tom Brother?
Wrath
[I couldn’t help but show the empathy when I looked at Vishous.] Why didn’t you tell me? Did you think that I would be so heartless as to not want to help my own cousin? [The shit that must be racing through V’s head right now… I could only imagine.] What happened?
V
My first reaction was to spit the proverbial fire but as I look into Wrath’s face, I just let my shoulders sag under the weight of all that I had been keeping locked away.”I couldn’t take the chance Wrath, not with him, I just fucking couldn’t.” I stepped further into the living area and over to the bar and poured a drink.”It happened last week, no that’s bullshit it started about a month ago. You know we’ve been pulling double patrols. We were hunting out some particular lessers.” I shook my head and looked down at the glass that I filled. “During all that hunting down we ended up on some back road I was in the woods checking shit out not far from him, when next thing I know he was standing in the middle of the fucking road and blowing a damn car away.” Grabbing the bottle up instead I took a long drink before I continued on.”I didn’t know what the holy hell was happening, just came barreling down and adding my own ammo, when it came down to it. There were no Lessers in that car, instead there was a human woman and as you can already guess she was dead. So I did recon cleaned the mess up and got him the fuck out of there. Every since he’s been fucked. Every now and then he is lucid.
Wrath
[I leaned against the bar and listened to V but I admit not a lot of it made sense.]That in there is all over a human? [I pointed a finger back at the room where Butch was sleeping] You’ve sat on this long enough to drag yourself down with it. [I licked my lips and sat down before continuing] I don’t have to tell you that this war of ours can’t lose any more Brothers and especially not the both of you. [I shook my head]That’s beside the point, you’re family. Hell, in a very real sense you are MY family. Shit, Vishous. I don’t have to tell you what happened to last Brother that went nuts.
V
I braced my hands on the counter and just let my head hang down. Each one of Wrath’s words was sinking in and I reached out for them. “He can’t be left on his own, not sure what shit he will see in his own mind.” I raised my head that felt like it weighed more than my whole body at the moment.”Not sure what to do Brother, I’ve tried shit and nothings worked.” 
Wrath
[I took my shades off and set them down on the bar. My eyes were closed as I tried to think through this.] I hate to suggest this because I’ve talked to her recently and I know that there is no love lost there but have you tried to ask for help from the Scribe Virgin? [I opened my eyes and turned to look V] I know that’s not a popular idea.
V
Shaking my head I looked up at Wrath. “She won’t help even if she could. I blame half the fucked up issues in Butch’s head on her, So that’s out. Anyway she’s spent the most of her time devising ways to rip the male from me.” My tired shoulders gave a Half shrug.”No, this shits not something that even I can go in and do recon on, doesn’t help the situation that I don’t Understand what he’s dealing with.
Wrath
Damn it, V. You know I love you like a brother but you are filling my head with more questions every time you open your mouth. This sit down is way the fuck over due and now I feel like I’m playing catch up. I’m blind enough here, you have to leave me out of the loop on everything? I realize that she’s your mother but did you ever even think to ask for help in any of this? You know I’m not just here to look pretty and sign papers all the damn time right?
V
I would have cringed under the tone and words from Wrath but right now it just felt good to talk to someone I trusted, so I Spewed it out all out. The revisiting and torture back in the Bloodletter camp, the marks of names on Butch’s leg, all The way down to the most recent event of being wiped down to nothing and even how Wrath had me imprisoned. “It’s been fucked And I’ve been a dick of a brother for not letting you know what ends up and which is down.
Wrath
[I was pretty sure that my mouth hung open the whole time as I listened to V. I resisted the urge to jump in the middle of the retelling to ask questions. The story sounded like something straight out of the Twilight Zone. I still hadn’t put my shades back on yet and I blinked several times before just using my mind to dim all of the lights. I felt a huge headache coming on but I needed to focus on the situation in front of me right now. I let out a long huff when I was sure that V was finally finished and pinched the bridge of my nose.] I have to say, it’s amazing the two of you didn’t lose your marbles a long time ago. [I shifted on the far too small bar stool that I was sitting on] I imprisoned you?… That’s fucked. I have to say, I’m glad you’re telling me this now but damn… [shaking my head] I would have helped you earlier. Now I don’t know what to do for you.
V
I scooted the bottle away from me and leaned heavily on the bar.” Yeah well it seems that the last plan of hers did do Some damage. Every since we made it back, Butch got straight possessed with hunting those bastards down. The Cop ate, Slept and breathed it. Now you see why the fuck I blame her, she put him in that place with this last little merry go Round trip with them bastards. Now he’s fucked and me, you or her can’t fix it.“ 
Wrath
[I dropped my hand from my face and set it on V’s shoulder] If there is one damn thing I’ve learned after years and years of dealing with you lot, it is that no one can force you to come out of your own head. I’ve tried so many times and it never works. Tohr, Murhder, hell most especially you. I know that’s not much help for the people that have to watch the house burn down around them but sometimes just talking about it is better than spinning your wheels. Feel me?
V
The thought of fully stepping back and just watching had my chest constricting like someone had reached through it and Had a tight fisted hold on my insides. “Remember the good fucking days when I sulked and left and didn’t give a good god damn.” The chuckle that cane out was no where near light, it was filled with a darkness.”Yeah I feel you man
Wrath
[Giving V a solid pat and letting my arm drop to my side] I do remember those days and I have to say I like this side of you more. For once in your miserable life you actually care about someone. It makes you even more dangerous… [laughs]but it’s a good thing. Promise I won’t lock you up anymore. [winks and slides my shade back on]
V
I actually had to grin at that last part. “You might want to hold off on that promise.” Shaking my head some I laughed a Little and gripped Wrath’s shoulder. “Good to know you don’t flip your shade over the big shit.” I let go and looked at the open Doorway to where Butch was catching some Zzzs. “Yeah I wouldn’t go backwards no matter fucking what.
Wrath
Everything is ‘big shit’ around here. You know that. I can’t seem to put the fires out fast enough and often wonder if I’m doing any good at all. When you’re ready to come back up for air, I could really use your help. You’ve always been the brains of the operation. [I stood up and glanced in the direction that V was] I believe he would tell you to have faith but I’m more cynical so I’ll just leave you now. My door is always open even if yours isn’t.
V
Draws my gaze from the doorway and looks at Wrath “I’ll be up for air soon, even if we all haft to join in and help the Cop. Like You said, family.” Shrugs “Faith, not sure about that but your probably right, He would say something like that.” Snorts in between a laugh. “Next time I’ll give you the code to the door Wrath.
Wrath
[Holding up a finger and pointing at V] You better watch it buddy. You mated my cousin. You’re in deep shit now. [laughs and turns toward the door.] For once, don’t try to look too far into the future. One day at a time. [nods and heads out]
V
I was already stripping my shirt off before Wrath left. Damn I was mated to the King’s blooded family. I had to laugh at that as I headed for the shower, I had to get the scent of the chosen off of me. It wasn’t Butch and therefore had no place on my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment