Monday, June 10, 2013

Things Fall Apart; The Center Cannot Hold


Vishous
That night I didn’t go to the Manse or back to the Pit, either place was too close to where I knew Butch’s scent still lingered strongly. I found myself out on the streets of Caldwell, jacket hung loose on my broad shoulders and weapons close to my chest. I replayed the whole scene in my mind as I stalked the nights streets and still I came back to being left behind, without my mate, partner and alone once again. I tried to see through the words that Butch had spoken, tried to see the validity of them but with each step I took it only slammed in harder that mates did not simply leave willingly. After all the fucked up shit we had dealt and fought through over the past year proved it even further to me, but then the reality of it was me out here, and the Cop was somewhere else altogether. Shaking my head I turned a sharp corner into a nearly black alley way and hoped to fuck that some Lessers would be lurking in or around it, right now the need to inflict, feel pain was a driving force in me. For once the fates of the night seemed to smile down on me, there somewhere in the distance the sweet revolting scent of baby powder wafted in the air. My hand already reaching in and retrieving the daggers in my holster, I immediately threw up my Mhis and stepped deeper into the mouth of the alley. The pain eating away in me like poison that had been shot straight into my pumping veins demanded some kind of release and I was hell bent on finding that in any form at the moment. My booted feet didn’t falter in their steps as the smell got stronger, no if anything I picked up the pace and was rewarded for it when I came upon 5 lessers working over what appeared to be a human boy. Snorting loud enough to be heard I went closer and sure enough they had finally heard my approach as they dropped the boy to the ground and turned on me. I cocked a tatted brow as they stepped closer, pretty much circling all around me, cutting off any chance for an exit, and I almost grinned at that, as if I wanted one right now. I barely let my icy gaze watch the human struggle to his feet and flee the area as his attackers were now otherwise occupied. I kept my steps light as I only turned half way and eyed the Lesser to my right, I even threw in a playful wink and the bastard growled at me and literally jumped through the air at me. I braced myself for the attack, knew what it felt like to be jumped on like that and welcomed the hard hit as his body slammed into me. All at once arms and legs were attacking any part of my tall form that they could reach and I struck out with blows of my own, the blades slicing easily through the flesh that they connected with. It wasn’t but seconds later when another joined the fray and I almost toppled over from both simultaneously attacks but the rage surging through me gave me the added angst I needed to keep upright. It was as if in that single moments of quick jabs and full force punches, that something in my head clicked over to a me before the mating, the me that dealt with all things on a calculatingly cold basis and I let that dark from just nights ago now envelope me. With precision moves I swiftly took out the two that were on me, my swings knowing just the right marks to strike and I spun around even before they popped back to that fucker the Omega. Now when I looked between the last three standing still somewhat circling me, I actually did grin, a cold deathly one and I reached my arm out with the black oily liquid dripping off the blade and made a come hither motion with my hand. Two more of them obliged me and came at me with a ferociousness that I was almost surprised they had in them. They came with their own knives brandished in their hands and lucky for me they knew somewhat how to use them. I felt the first one slip easily into the flesh of my thigh and I countered with a quick jab of my dagger to the side of his throat. I knew there were sounds,I heard them somewhere but I didn’t realize the battle cries were coming from me. I swiveled on my heal and went toe to toe with the pale bastard that was smashing his iron fist into my kidneys now that the other one was busy gurgling from the mouthfuls of dark blood that filled its mouth. I still waited for the fifth to join in, hell I almost asked the fucker if he was waiting for some hand written invite but then he must have found his nerve. Because I found the blow that came down across my shoulders almost staggering, I even wavered on my feet and almost shook my head to clear the sudden fogginess that was wrapping around my vision. The clear shots of pain raged through every over worked and painfully aching muscle in my body and I turned glowing eyes on the fucker. At once and yet again I had two on me, not a spot was being missed as they went at me, and I worked just as hard to remove them. Using the butt of the hilt in my hand I slammed it into the the lessers head and was rewarded when he staggered back, giving me those precious seconds to concentrate some attention on the other one. I made good use of them, my arm swung out wide and came up to slit a clean slice right across his neck right before I rammed the dagger into the sweet spot and sent him away from existence. I came back around just as the other was coming back for round two and before a single punch could be exacted I did the same favor for him when my blade made contact and he was also gone. I was panting and breathing out in heavy loud breaths, my arms hung tense and ready at my side and I felt my warm blood flowing freely from the wounds in my body as I gave my full attention the one I had jabbed my blade through his neck. His black covered hands were at his neck as if he could stop the flow of his filth from spilling out of the gash. I took my time coming to him and was rewarded as his eyes went wild with clear fear, that was what I wanted to see and the clear feeling of it ran through me like it always did when I brought that reaction on from any being. This, tonight wasn’t from doing my job to the Brotherhood and our race, no, this was for me, as much as I hated myself from the inside out for it, and I needed to do this, had to. The gaping painful wounds of feeling the loss of Butch leaving demanded some kind of retribution, some type of inner release and I was disgusted with myself that I so easily slipped back into this mind set. Once I reached the wounded lesser I raised my arm and placed the tip of the dagger against his temple. “You will not enjoy this as much as I will.” His mouth worked overtime to try and get words out but the wound forbid any words from forming; only gasping gurgled sounds came out. I slid the blades end down his face slowly and once I reached his neck I grabbed first one wrist and with ease chopped the hand off only to repeat the action with the other hand. Now he was starting to fight in earnest and try to move with his body wildly jerking. I licked my lips before the corners twisted up in a snarled grin and I used my booted foot to knock his legs out from under him and sent him sprawling to the ground. I dropped to my knees and straddled the bastard, keeping the body right where I wanted him, the fight he gave only fueled what was driving me already inside and I bent over him to keep firm eye contact. “I must take my time with you.” His legs behind me kicked out and jerked at my words and I reached behind me with my dagger and without looking I stabbed the lesser in his thigh, keeping the blade buried deep I twisted it and dug it in deeper. “Yes, fight me.” Even his stench didn’t assault me as the sweet smell mingled with the filth pouring from him, I pulled the blade free of his flesh and using it to cut his shirt down the middle so that the sight of his chest was opened to me.“You probably should have thought twice about coming out tonight.” I carried on a one sided convo as if the bastard could respond back, but it wasn’t his words I wanted. I was getting what I wanted as I started to carve deep lines into his chest, making them startling straight even as the lesser struggled under me. I spent the hours until dawn was just approaching taking chunks of meat of every part of him and still yet because of that cursed Omega the lesser couldn’t die under my hands until I hit the one spot. And I held that off until I had to, only till every inch of him was marked, front to back, head to foot was bleeding, gaping open, then and only then did I finish him off. Covered all over in the filth, I found an abandoned car and hotwired it; I knew with my wounds I would not be able to demat anywhere. Once I had the car I drove to the Brotherhood caves and made my way into them to stay out of the upcoming sun and away from anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment