Friday, June 7, 2013

Madness Takes Its Toll


Butch
-I stood at the doorway and stared at the form that was sleeping on the bed. It was a body that knew better than my own and I ached to crawl under those covers and find comfort in his arms. I’d lost count of how long it had been since I had actually slept. The days and nights were blending together in what amounted to a constant frickin’ nightmare. My gaze flicked around the room trying to piece shit together in my head. I thought that it was my room and yet here was Vishous laying in the bed. Were we together or did we even know each other? Was it a reverse day? If I closed my eyes would I wake up back in my shitty apartment? I rolled my head and tried to order my thoughts. I shifted on my feet to lean on the opposite side of the door jam and listened to the steady breathing of the gorgeous male. I really hoped that I was his, that I hadn’t been thrown in to some fucked up reality. I needed to be his, cause if I wasn’t his than it meant that I was the Omega’s and I might as well be dead. He rolled just enough for me to see his back and I could have cried. My name was scrawled across his shoulders for everyone to see. I let out a breath that I hadn’t even known I was holding in and moved further into the room. I walked around the bed to the side that V was sleeping on and sunk to the floor. My back pressed against the wall and I brought my knees up to wrap my arms around them. I suppressed the desire to wake him up and question him. I desperately needed Vishous to tell me that he was a possessive bastard that would never let anyone else have me. But I let him sleep because I knew for a fact how possessive a fully mated male could be, I’d felt the same thing myself many times. My head dipped down and before I realized it, my eyes had closed. I drifted through a dark mist until I saw a road stretch out in front of my. A car barrelled toward me and I felt pinned in front of the headlights. Someone came up behind me and took control of my hands, raising my gun to point at the driver of the car. I struggled against the hold but whoever was behind me held me fast. I could feel their body pressed along the entire length of my back. A lover’s embrace but I knew for a fact this was not my hellren. The voice whispered in my ear and I could even feel the lips brush over my skin. ‘Kill the bitch. She means nothing and you will feel so much better.’ I felt him force my fingers to squeeze the trigger and my vision exploded in brilliant shades of crimson. The scream ripped from throat with an added echo through the Pit.- Noooo!… -I jerked awake and stared in horror at the gun in my hands. My eyes couldn’t have bulged further from my head if they were plucked out. The only reason that it hadn’t fired was because the safety was on and it was pointed straight at my male. The gun fell from my shaking fingers.-Fuckfuckfuckingfucker! -I lurched away from the bed in a mad scramble on hands and knees. Coming to my feet at last in a mad dash to flee the room. I needed to get the hell out of the Pit. The Omega would like nothing more than for me to kill Vishous and he was crawling up inside my head like a disease. I throw the door open and fled down the tunnels, ducking in to the first room that was blessedly free of anything other than a desk and a chair. I took a quick inventory of the contents of the desk and threw anything sharp out the door and into the hallway. I slammed the door shut behind me and locked it. Curling up in the corner and mumbling obsenities.-
V
I awoke that next morning after the clusterfuck of the year only to find one broken to hell laptop and a shattered bottle of lag, but Butch had been nowhere to find, all the evidence pointed to one night of hell. I knew that night that any kind of reaching out to Butch, or sleeping to try and clear his head would be useless, this was something I was thinking he would work through and come out feeling like shit but manageable. Looking around at the mess and smelling the mixture of stale smoke that seemed to cling to everything and not so fresh spilled liquor that was half dried into the rugs, I was way the fuck wrong. That morning I had Fritz send in some much needed cleaning crew and left the Pit and headed to the Gym, maybe some bone wearing pain on the muscles would clear my head and open my mind up to what steps to take. Thankfully the area was clear of any other brothers and especially the King, I wasn’t in the mood to shoot the shit or worse tell what the fuck had went down that night on that dark and not so empty road. As I pumped the weights and drilled over every single detail of the nights events I still couldn’t pin point down how the fuck my Cop came to think there was danger in that car. I had been about 20 feet inside the dense woods just heading in his direction when I saw him standing in that road; all instinct drove my next moves. No second guessing went on, just what came natural and that was the safety of the male that was inexplicably my mate in all ways. That car could have been full of anyone or anything and I would have done the same thing but I wasn’t Butch and I hadn’t lived the life that he had, and because of that he was spiraling down. Just the first look on his face told me that if not the sudden tensing and tightening of his whole body when he opened that car door and seen what lay inside. I went through each step as I worked my way through every one of the equipments in the gym and ended with the punching bag. Still I came up with no more answers or conclusions then I had since I started hours ago, even the muscles that were now screaming at me from overuse didn’t help me clear my head and see a way to figure this out. Night time came and still no Butch to be seen but I knew he had been in the Pit because clothes were discarded and more Lag was gone, his scent hung in the now more clean air thanks to the doggens. I should have felt relief in knowing he was still in the vicinity and not out running around half-cocked but without physically seeing him I was locked into my own kind of hell. This seemed to be the running pattern for the next few days, both of us passing in quiet and me ended up each night in the bed alone while my Nallum beat himself up on a constant mental loop. It was during one of those cold as fuck lonely nights in our bed that I felt him come into the room, I waited not moving any more than my breathing chest already was and hoped like hell he would get into bed. Fuck I just wanted to curl around him and hold on like there was no damn tomorrow. No instead he slid down the wall in front of me, my eyes barely slit open so I could watch him, his movements were uncoordinated, shaky and definitely not the sure cocky Cop that I knew. My hands balled up under the covers and I wanted like fuck to reach out and touch him when his knees came up and his whole body curled inwards to his chest. Even when I knew he dozed into a restless sleep I stayed there, I figured any sleep was better than the no sleep he had been getting. Unfortunately it was only moments later when I watched in stunned silence as he came closer to the bed and retrieved the gun he must have kept secure to him and aimed it right at me. I probably should have moved, done something but I knew he was not there, not in his head, that look in his eyes was something that spoke too well of where he was and I never looked away even when that horrific screamed ripped the silence in the Pit into shreds. It was clear when he came back, the sudden clarity came crashing down on him and before I knew it the gun was dropped from hands that I was shocked as hell could even hold the gun. Feet and arms were struggling to get up and all I seen was a mad dash from our bedroom. Throwing the covers off I took off after the retreating form of my male, his hurried motions and no doubt scared as fuck adrenaline rush was all that was keeping him going right now. My feet bare on the cool tile sparkling tile floor as I made my way down the empty hall and I heard the door slam shut but not before I heard a series of clattering. I stopped before the mess of a letter opening and a few other sharp items and I looked at the door. Raising my hand up I laid it on the door and my head hung down almost to my chest, I took a few unsteady breaths before I found the lump in my throat lessening and I could form some words. “Nallum I’m here and I will stay right here until you are ready to come out.” Lifting my head up, I looked at the door as if the sucker would just evaporate which it would if I wanted it to, it wouldn’t take much but no in this shit I knew I had to wait it out. I turned and slid my own bare back down the door just as Butch had done in our bedroom against the wall and I let my legs stretch out in front of me. My head leaned back and lay on the smooth solid door and looked up the barely lit lights in the hall ceiling.“You are safe Butch, I won’t let anyone including me come in there
Butch
-My head snapped up when I heard the unmistakable voice of Vishous. My eyes darted around the room.- Not here… He’s not here but I can still hear him. -My mind felt like a deck of cards that someone had scattered across the floor. I raised my voice and spoke more to the ceiling than anything in quick, rushes of words.-Are you a ghost? -I could see the gun in my hands.- That uh… that would bring new meaning to forever and always. -I squeezed my temples with the palms of my hand.- No… no, that’s not right… I didn’t… I was goin to… finger on the trigger. -I shifted closer to where I’d heard the voice.- I saw the blood. -I looked down at my clean hands with a wrinkled brow.- I would never do that. -I smacked my head in an effort to organize my thoughts.- He’s stuck up in there again, V. I can’t… -I dropped my hands and brought my head up again.- Have I… did I go to the dark side? -For some reason that made me laugh. I covered my mouth with a cupped hand and dropped my voice down an octave.- I am your father. -That sent me into another fit of laughter that took me awhile to recover from.- Hey, baby. You ever had a lil Omega in ya? -Mocking a seductive tone but stopping and dropping my head.-Actually he’s not that little. I guess when you can stretch to whatever, you might as well make it count. More bang for your buck. -I cleared my throat with a nervous laugh and crawled toward the door. I could feel him on the other side and I sat down with the side of my head resting against the cold metal.- Love you, Nallum. -I lifted my hand and set it on the door, staring at the ring on my finger.- That wasn’t weird right? We are together… I mean… I can see the ring and there’s really only one person I would marry… -sighing wearily- This isn’t just another game your mom played is it?… -I looked around the room once more, as if trying to find clues.-Where am I? Why am I in this room? Am I being interrogated? -A sudden thought crosses my mind and I sit up straighter.- I did it, you know… I should find Jose. Turn myself in. That would be the right thing to do. I think… -rolling it around in my jumbled up mind some more- It sounds right. He caught the case. I’m sure he found my pile of puke. -My head bobbed in a nod- I wonder what my DNA looks like now. -barking out a sudden laugh- ‘Hi Jose. I’m the murdering sonofabitch you are trying to chase down. Why’d I do it? Oh well, cause I thought she was a lesser of course.’ Makes perfect sense… -I slumped against the door and closed my eyes.- I’m tired… and hungry… mostly tired… Can I come out now?
V
When the Butch’s voice came through I breathed a major sigh of relief but that soon went away as I sit there and listened to each word. I slid my ass around and turned sideways until I was facing the door, my brows drawing down further with each jumbled set of words. Some of them making sense and others were way the fuck out there in left field; it was like a mixture of madness and sanity blended together. I kept quiet and just took it all in, which in its own way helped to get a key point on where he was in the room and even more to the point of where Butch was in his mind. At first I could tell he had been farther away from the door when he started and somewhere in the middle he had made his way closer until I could feel him only inches away from me. I had to lick my extremely dry lips and only then did I try for some words. “You were having a nightmare Butch, the gun was all a part of it. Listen to my voice and you can hear I am all good, you didn’t hurt me.” I managed to scoot closer and I couldn’t help but think if I had been on the other side of this door that my small movements might be rejected and fuck if that didn’t send a stabbing of pain through my chest. I gritted my teeth with the mere mention of ‘Him’ and it wasn’t any big shock when the sudden jolt of power pushed through me and my jaw muscles worked overtime even as I listened to the sudden fit of laughter and mixed words that filled in before it and after. I made sure to flex my mouth and keep my voice down to belay the hate that was coursing through me. “Nallum let me help you; together we will deal with him.” But as soon as I heard that simple declaration all the rage went out the proverbial window, if someone had told me a year ago that I would meet the one being that could take me from heated murderous rage to all consuming protective love in under 60 seconds I would have scoffed and did a nice flip off gesture. Now here I was sitting on the ground talking to my mate through a door and just wishing like fuck I was on the other side so I could do what never did come natural to me but what I wanted to do now more than fucking ever, offer comfort, support. “I love you Butch, and we’re married, mated and marked beyond eternity with each other.” I lifted my hand and looked down at the circle of metal surrounding my finger, not once since you placed it on me had I taken it off. I shook my head slowly but as I digested the facts that rolled out none too easily in front of me. “Listen to me Butch, this is no ploy of the Scribe Virgin and Jose is the last fucking person you will be talking to, you don’t want to bring him into this, think of it as saving his hide.“ I scanned the mess of stuff you had thrown out and a damn cell wasn’t among them, I was about to spew out some muttered curses when I shoved the thought of you making a crazed phone call to do the whole ‘Turn yourself in shit’ as those last words came painfully through the insignificant door. Those words were filled with more despair than even I knew what to do with but it was the pain that tinged them that really gripped me like an iron band around my heart. “You can come out anytime you want to My Nallum and I will stay with you while you rest.” Bracing my hands on the floor I stood up, suddenly feeling my 300 plus years and fought the inner urge to open the door myself.
Butch
-I clunge to the sound of his voice like a goddamn lifeline. I closed my eyes and just let it roll over me like a warm shower.- Married… mated and marked… -I let out a long breath and just held on to those words.- Thank God… That was the only thing in all of this that made sense. -I lifted a hand that felt like it had a lead weight attached to it and turned the doorknob. Or tried to at least. I gripped the thing tighter and cranked on it but it still wouldn’t turn.- Mutherfucker! -I was becoming desperate now and I threw my whole body into rattling it back and forth to no avail. I beat on the door with my fist and stood up to get a better angle at the thing.-Ohhhhh… you are not keepin me in here you son of a bitch. -Pointing an accusing finger at the door and shaking it. I stood to the side and raised my foot up to crush it down on the handle. The thing clattered to the floor and I looked back at the door with a satisfied grin.- Yeah, that’s what I thought. Not so tough now are ya? Piece of shit door. -I looked down at the hole that I’d left and chewed on the inside of my cheek. It appeared that I couldn’t just push the door open, I needed to pull on it and I now didn’t have anything to do that with.- What is up with this happy horse shit? -I tried sticking my finger in the hole in an attempt to hook something but I was only successful in cutting the hell out of myself.- Goddamn it! -I yanked my hand back and stuck my finger in my mouth to suck on the wound and talked around it.- I think we are going to need to send in the reinforcements. This door wants to tango and it brought its dance shoes.
V
I stood there in the hall waiting and almost ticking the seconds off in my head until the door opened, I wasn’t shocked when I realized I had been holding a breath waiting to hear the sound of the knob move. Part of me wasn’t sure if Butch would actually come out especially not with all that I had heard up in his head tonight. But finally I did hear movement on the knob just not the kind I would have expected to hear. First a simple gripping it and I thought ok good deal here we go but then I heard some pulling and slamming up against the door to the point the fucker rattled on its hinges. I stepped back a few feet because I sure as fuck didn’t feel like getting slapped in the face when that damn thing came flying open. At least I expected it to come open like that with all the noise and cursing that was going on, on the other side and then low and behold the handle was gone and I couldn’t help but cock my head as I looked at it all stupidly and thought WTF. Shaking my head I moved back where I was and kicked the bottom of the door with just enough pressure to get it to open but nothing that would send it off the frame. “Damn baby I love you but fuck you got to sleep because next you will be wrestling with the foosball table and swearing it’s a mini army coming .” I stepped into the now opened doorway still not sure what to expect but braced for anything that might fly, kick or hit my way.
Butch
-I straightened up in an almost ridiculously stiff stance as the door swung open.-I’m free! Whatever the door tells you it’s a lie. He was mouthing off to me and said some unsavory things about my mother. -My sore and burning eyes, that I was certain were blood-shot, flicked around as my brain shuffled through some weird threat assessment. I rigidly tipped to the side to look to one side of Vishous and then the other. When I didn’t see anyone else, I finally relaxed and stepped closer to V. My arm went around his neck and I leaned my side into him.- You’re sexy. Can I take you home? -I flashed a crocked grin and ran a finger down the middle of his chest.- I bet you can do things most only dream about. -I laughed a little and rested my head in the crook of his neck. As soon as I caught a large whiff of his scent, I relaxed completely against him and put my other arm around him. I knew what this was, this was home. If I could have fallen asleep standing up, it would have been right now.- I’m sorry my love. -I mumbled out the words and decided it was better just to shut up now before I fucked it up any more than I already had.-
V
A tatted brow cocked almost to my hairline as I listen to Butch. “I’ll interrogate the door later, Cop.” I stood my ground just giving Butch time to adjust and feel more at ease with me and the smart ass door. My brow lowered some and finally I was able to take in a good look of my mate, the disheveled hair, unshaven face and eyes that looked like he had been on a week long bender. I waited and was getting ready to move forward but Butch did that for me and my own arm instinctively went around his waist and pulled him even closer than he was. I found myself shaking my head and grinning at the lame pick up line. “You can take me anywhere you want, as long as there’s a bed.” My head dipped down and I watched that finger trail up my chest and my gloved hand came up and took a hold of that wrist and slid my fingers between each spot within yours. “Fuck I have missed you Cop.” My head even cocked enough to brush right of yours when you rested it in my shoulder, in that moment I was at ease, shit could fall apart around me but I would stay right here and not move a finger. “You have nothing to be sorry for…well except for making me sleep alone but tonight you will stay in bed with me.” I brought both our joined hands up to nudge just under your chin so you had to look at me. “I meant what I said Nallum, you are safe and I won’t go anywhere. Now take my sexy ass to bed.
Butch
-I squeezed your fingers in my hand. They felt good and it was something solid that was easy to hang on to.- Did I go somewhere? He didn’t take me did he? -A shiver ran through my entire body and I clamped my hand down tight on the back of your neck. My eyes scanned each of yours in turn, flipping from one to the other and back again.- You have absolutely amazing eyes. I bet you get a lot of play. -I rocked my hips against you with a wide ass grin.- I’m liking this idea of not sleeping alone. -I glanced up the hall and down the hall, then back at you with a sheepish look of confusion.- So which way?
V
Shaking my head at the same time my arm tightened around your waist when I felt the shiver course through your body. “No Nallum, you have been here all along, haven’t been anywhere else.” I kept my diamond gaze locked on yours, giving you the time to stare your fill, it seemed important, maybe a mind stabilizing thing. But that last thought hit the fan when your last bit came smacking me in the face like a freezing rush of ice water. “Butch our place is just down that way, our bedroom is only so many feet away” I kept of hold of your hand and pointed to the right just outside of the door frame.
Butch
-I blinked rapidly and looked where you pointed.- Our room… I knew that… -I lowered my head and squeezed my eyes shut for a moment. Images flashed through my mind and I let out a sharp hiss.- Don’t let me… uh… no weapons… I don’t know what will happen and I reeeeeally, really don’t want to… do that. -I looked back up at you planted what I intended to be a small kiss on you. But as soon as I tasted those lips, I couldn’t pull away so quickly. I tipped my head and pressed my whole body to yours, mumbling into your lips.- Oh god, yes… that’s the stuff. -My tongue delved into your mouth and glided over yours before I finally pulled away. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth.- That, I could never forget. -I ran my tongue over your lips once more and turned to head back to our room hanging on to your hand and squeezing it once more.- 
V
I moved in closer as if that was possible, my hand slipped up your back and I leaned my head down to where it lay just along the side of yours. “I will lock everything up and I’m changing the entry code on the Pit, you and me will be the only ones inside.” My head rose up a bare inch and I met the intended small kiss and just as breathing was natural for me this was to. My head cocked and my lips softened under the feel of yours, I didn’t even try and stop the gravely moan that slipped out when your tongue swept inside my waiting mouth My fingers walked up your back and I kept my grip with my other hand with yours and when you pulled back I knew I saw some damn stars before my half opened eyes. “Fuck how you always manage to taste so good is beyond me.” I huffed out a way too heated breath and walked back to the Pit with you. Making good on my words once we was inside I finally let go of your hand and did a thorough search and cleanup of all weapons and even the damn kitchen knives, placing it all in my safe that was stored in my old bedroom and then making a beeline to the front door and changing the code. I looked over at you and a sense of guilt and pure worry filling my clear eyes. “I think for the time being that I keep the code to myself and you behind closed doors, you feel me on that Cop?
Butch
-Soon as you dropped my hand I started shuffling back and forth on my feet like I was lost. I watched as you did your thing moving around the room. I moved toward the bar and leaned against it, gave that up and sat on the back of the couch, stood up from there and paced a few, finally settling on rocking back and forth on my feet.- ~Loooooving you is easy cause you’re beautiful. Everyday of my life is filled with loving you. Lalalalala… lalalalala… lalala la la la la… dododo do do…~ -Stopping suddenly- Yeah I aint trying for that high frickin note… -laughing and looking back at you now that you seem done- Yeah, sure… closed doors… -thumbs up- Good idea. I’ll probably disagree later but yeah, good now. Can I go to bed now? -walking into the bedroom and flopping down on the bed, completely exhausted- Gimme some sugar, baby. -Holding my arm out and motioning you over-

No comments:

Post a Comment