Monday, June 3, 2013

Different Paths (Part 3)


Butch
-Jose came running out of the apartment when he heard a gun go off. He hadn’t expected there to be any problems, I’m sure. The look on his face sure said that anyway. I had to laugh.- Come on, Jose. You’ve known me long enough not to make shit easy on you. -I leaned against my crown vic and carefully unfolded a stick of gum before I started in on the details. He was just shaking his head the whole time and I couldn’t really blame him. From the outside, it seemed like a pretty open and shut case.- Hey, you mind taking care of this guy? I’ll do all of the paperwork tomorrow, swear. -Holding out my hand and waiting patiently. He rolled his eyes and begrudgingly shook it.- You’re a good man, Jose. -Turning to open up the car door.- Say hi to the wife for me. -Jose knew where I’d been spending most of my time lately and it didn’t bother him so much if I kept it to myself. So long as I didn’t show up drunk or stinking of it, no one had a problem. I turned the key in the ignition and the car miraculously found its way to the nearest bar. It was like a scary type of GPS that I had. I vaguely recalled this place. Maybe they would have a game on. I didn’t even bother stowing my gun in the glove box. I probably should have since I was off duty and fixing to get plastered, but I didn’t. Fuck it, whatever. I parked my ass on a stool in front of the peanut bowl and ordered a lag. One hell of a diet.-
V
After taking care of the Goose and making sure I sucked it dry, I also emptied out the minds of my hours there from the occupants and made it back to the warehouse. On the drive back I thought about the Brotherhood, their skills that night were impressive, it was some mad control I had used to keep myself rooted in the shadows and not run into the fray and take down some of them sweet smelling bastards. It was easy to tell by observing the Brothers, that they knew how one another moved and worked, and just as easy to see they had each others backs more then they watched their own backs. One word flashed in my head like a neon sign ‘Trust’ one word I had no use for nothing or no one and they had it in spades with each other. Easily reaching the outer limits of the warehouse, again with but a thought of my mind the gate swung open and I drove through and did the same with the opening to the warehouse and pulled on in and shut down the over sized SUV and got out, shutting the garage door and vehicle one behind me. Walking through the darkened space, not bothering to turn any lights on, I shrugged out of my leather and dropped it on my desk chair as I passed it, and removed the rest of my gear, each piece landing exactly in the same place every night. Pulling the fridge open grabbing out a full bottle of Goose minus the glass and took it back to my desk, where I parked it and instantly lit my multiple screens up. Taking the top off the bottle I tilt it back and sucked down a good part and sit it back down only to light up one of my hand rolls. Inhaling deeply as I pulled up the comings and going of the town, 911 calls, most crack shot ones, robbery, physical disputes between married humans, a homicide or two, but nothing that tapped into my mind as trouble. Checking on the humans was yet another way to stay on top of any weird shit going down that they had or could stumble upon that would involve the freaks of the night that humans only assumed existed in books and movies. Before I knew it I was two more bottles down, not so clear eyes anymore were drifted close and my forehead was coming in contact with the painted black plywood desk.
I felt the clawing marks going down my back and my neck arched back in perfect AWE, I could hear the sounds coming from my own throat and to say the moans coming out of me surprised me was really down playing it. There were other sounds beating into my ears but each time I tried to open my eyes to see who they was coming from, there was nothing but space and space of blackness. A mouth was pressing up against mine and it was then I realized, I was laying heavily down on someone, there searching hands were all over my skin, there lips hungrily biting and sucking on my own. I was outright rejecting that stuff, no way in the fade would I be covering anyone and letting them touch me, fuck the kissing was a dead give away that this shit wasn’t real. I had fucked many in my life, no doubt on that but always along my lines, I said when, how and rarely and I do mean real fucking rare did I allow anyone to touch me and I sure as fuck never permitted another being to kiss me. The next single movement had me reeling between the most purest form of ecstasy and some severe disbelief, that same hungry mouth moved down my jaw line, seeking out my neck, fangs as sharp and long as mine own were scraping along my skin and then I knew I was a goner when those very canines sunk into me. My blood flowed freely into that mouth that seemed to know exactly where to touch me and even better yet how. This one action only proved that this was some parallel stuff happening in my mind, no one had ever fed off me, for the 300 years that I breathed in air, this was yet another one of my hang ups that I denied to let happen. The form under me, moved and slid against me, rubbing every hard bit of their flesh against me and my own hands dug into soft hair and I be damned if I didn’t hold them to my neck, wanting, more, needing more. My breathing was harsh and loud, it could rival any bass beating sounds, when that mouth left my neck I protested savagely, clawed at their scalp, the nape of the neck, shoulders, any part of skin I could reach, fighting to bring them back to me. My head felt like it weighed a ton as I raised it up, but I could have had a mack truck parked on me and I would have found a way to lift my head, I had to see, to know who it was under me. I tapped into every part of me, my own cursed hand burned from the inside out from the power I was reaching into and my body hummed with ravaging trembles but I managed to open my eyes fully, once again the blackness surrounded me but a flicker of something beneath me caught my iridescent orbs and then, there it was, the clear form of eyes came into view from that slight flicker, nothing else, just eyes in a mist of darkness. Hazel, deep hazel green ones, but it wasn’t only the color that drew me in, it was the way they dug in, like they knew me better then I knew myself. Just as quick as they came into focus, they went out and I was left struggling, arms flying out madly and then I was awake and and falling on my ass out of my black leather chair and landing with a dead thud against the concrete ground. My eyes shot open and up above me was the hanging fluorescent lights of the warehouse and a slight turn of my head and there was my far away chair that had rolled away from me during my mad dash to cop a squat on the floor. “Fuck” Pulling myself up, one leg still laid out, the other bent up and my arm laying half way across it as I scrub my black leather gloved hand down my face. “Too much drink and not enough fucking fighting”.
Butch
-I managed to get my ass out of the bar before I was completely shit-faced. I probably shouldn’t be driving but I’d done worse things. Hell, I even pulled into a drive thru that was still open and grabbed some grub. I didn’t want to be stuck at work tomorrow trying to do paperwork with a giant hangover. I parked my car in my spot and snagged the food. It wasn’t till I got out that I realized I parked like a 95 year old who can’t see over the steering wheel. My back side was hanging into the spot next to me. It actually elicited a laugh from me that almost shot my milkshake through my nose. Good one O’Neal. Quite the pro there. Fuck it. Any attempt at fixing it now would only cause further damage. I stuck my hand in the bag and shoved some fries into my mouth on the way to my apartment. I actually felt good about today though. I got the real bad guy and hopefully helped that poor girl out of a bad sitch. Not every day was that rewarding. Hell I had a pile of cold cases to prove that. How this town had such a high murder rate I would never know. I fumbled with my keys and finally managed to find the right one after a few no-goes. I flopped down on couch and flicked on the TV. Not really paying attention to what was on, just wanted some noise to pretend like I wasn’t sitting here by myself. I kicked off my shoes and grubbed on the burger as I relaxed. I didn’t even come close to finishing that shit before I passed out like a sorry sack.-
V
Running my fingers through the tangled wet mess on top of my head after I raised up on the weight bench that sat opposite of my bed. My biceps stinging from the rigorous routine that I just put them through, after that shit dream/vision that hit in the early morning hours a few days ago. I gave up on slipping back into the sandman state and opted for a go at wearing mind and body out. Between,pounding pavement every night and taking out a few fuckers along the way and coming back here and going balls to the walls on soaking the floor in my sweat. Grabbing up the bottle of water on the floor next to the bench, chugging half of it down, I knew I was pushing myself over that proverbial edge, but fuck I couldn’t remember the last time I had taken a females vein. Again I was coming up against one of those brick walls I kept hitting on lately, pulling the shirt that was sticking to my torso like a second skin, I wiped the dripping sweat off my face and threw it across the room to land by the bathroom door. Getting up, I walk over to my desk and grab up my cell, scrolling through the #s, I land on one and shoot a txt. (Tonight, 1:00, I’m in a draining mood, bare with trench) Sending it, I drop my cell back on the desk and didn’t bother to wait around and see if there’s a reply. Setting out this night will suck but I’ll catch a few hours on the street in before dematting to my penthouse. Leaving the half empty bottle of water on the desk and go to the bathroom, shrugging out of the basketball shorts, I bypass the usual cold shower and crank in some heat. Standing there letting the steaming water pound over my shoulders and back, my head drops down low, chin almost reaching my chest, my hands braced against the solid poorly cracked tile wall. Only now did I let my close for the first time since the other morning, as soon as I did, there they was, them fucking eyes, digging into me, almost pleadingly and for a second I almost gave up and slipped into a unconscious state. Jerking my whole body back against the rear wall, my eyes glowing bright as I searched out the ceiling above me, I groaned out loud.”I’ll feed, release and shit will chill” I repeated that inside my head like a chant all the way through the rest of my shower and even into drying off and getting into my usual mode of black on black clothes. I almost had myself convinced when night finally hit and I forewent the SUV and dematting to the streets, almost was the key, so now I was looking for some pain, in the form of groups of lessers and a battle that would leave marks if only to empty my head for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment