Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Faded Memory


Butch
-I floated through the day in a hazed out fog. Jose asked me a number of times what the hell was wrong with me. I got so tired of hearing it that I almost told him that I couldn’t get some biker gang stranger out of my head. Oh yes and did I mention he broke in to my house to retrieve the daggers that I stole from the crime scene? I’m sure that conversation would have went over well. I could see sitting down in a crappy little diner with a cup of coffee and discussing whether my partner had ever considered going gay for someone. Hell the fact that I was even thinking about it had my head spinning. It wasn’t that I ever found fault with those that went that direction, I’d just never run across anyone that would ever even turn my head let alone send a spark through my entire being. It took me a long time to cool down after he left and I’d finally had to resort to a cold shower. My body was responding to things that weren’t exactly clicking in my head and it didn’t make a lick of sense. I didn’t know jack shit about the guy aside from the fact that he was a huge mystery and I was certain that he could/would eat me alive. I was in deep shit and sinking fast. Maybe if I just avoided him I could get him out of my head. Somehow I knew if he wanted to find me he could in a heartbeat. I bumbled my way through work and found myself back at my apartment without even realizing it. Normally I would hit a bar on the way home. I bent down and inspected the holes on the floor where I’d left the daggers.- Yep. That shit really happened. -I was questioning everything because it seemed like my memories were betraying me. I fell down on my bed and draped an arm over my head. I remembered the hungry look in his eyes as he told me that my biggest fear shouldn’t be about him snuffing out my life. These were the thoughts in my head as I drifted off to sleep. I was on a table again but this room was decidedly less scarey then the penthouse with all of its whips and chains. This looked more like a hospital room to me. There were other people in the room but the only one that I cared to see was Vishous. My eyes tracked him with a weary anticipation. I saw a scalpel appear in his hand and he was whispering words that were meant to calm me. It must have worked because I could feel my eyes flutter closed regardless of how much I wanted to watch what was coming next. I barely felt the blade slice into my wrists but the effect was evident. Especially when the table I was laying on was inverted. Someone was holding my feet as all of the blood drained from my body. I woke with a start and grasped my chest just make sure the fucker was still beating. The dream had been so damn real. I got up off the bed and stumbled to the bathroom to splash water on my face. Looking at myself in the mirror I realized that I hadn’t even bothered to take off my gun after I got home from work. Ugh… I trudged back into the room and pulled my coat off. It was still the middle of the goddamn night and I was bound and determined to catch some kind of sleep. The holster followed after the coat and I got as far as loosening the tie before flopping back down and drifting off once more.-

No comments:

Post a Comment