Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hello Again


V
Dropping my daggers on my desk, head was too jam packed to go through my own OCD routine, and I didn’t wait till I was in the bathroom before I started stripping down. Once under the cold spray of the water, I took my sweet ass time scrubbing all the dried blood and dirt from my skin, the drain bled a gritty brown color and even when it was crystal clear, I still stayed under it and just laid my forehead against the roughened wall. 3 days to do nothing but think and drill over the very reason I was there, was way too much time to be locked up inside my own head with nothing or no where to go to. No streets to hit hell not even a punching bag to abuse,just four walls that were adorned with some nice sharp spikes that would jump out if I triggered them and a cot. To say I had to get out was putting it so far on the mild side that it was bullshit. Pulling my heavy head up I stepped out and grabbed up the towel that I always placed in the same spot. I already had half my body dried off when I took the few steps it took to leave the bathroom and by the time I made it to where my were I was grabbing up the usual and pulling it on like a fireman that just heard the fire bells go off. Picking up my holster and strapping it on, along with one of my other leathers, and shoving the glock in place, I collected my keys and a new cell and loaded up in the SUV. Good thing when I left the Brotherhoods Manse it had just set off the start of the night, I still had time. The door opened and I backed out and headed to the only place I wanted to be, he might not want me around but I sure as fuck could deal with a smart ass Cop right now then be alone. Gripping the steering wheel in one hand while the other finds it’s way into my jacket pocket to retrieve one of my hand rolled and slid that sucker between my lips just so I could fish out my gold lighter and as soon as I set the end fire, my chest inhaled greatly and my back even settled into the seat more. I pull up out side of the Apartment building and have one of those inner debates, on whether sitting my ass in the SUV and playing the part of Stalker or saying fuck it and go for broke and knock on Butch’s door.
Butch
-I was actually happy to catch a routine hit-and-run with plenty of eye witnesses to lead us directly to the doorstep of a very sorry drunk. Man this job was really making me morbid. I suppose you had to take the good with the bad when it came to this type of thing. We finished up early and I practically sprang out of the station. Jose asked me what was up and I called back over my shoulder that I was going to actually have time to catch the game tonight. I would have asked him to join me but I knew that his wife had his nuts in a tight clamp. Whatever, the guy wasn’t a fan anyway. He just would have bitched the whole time about how he should get home to his wife. I stopped by the store and hit the junk food isle hard. Wheeling the cart around to snag up enough beer to drown a horse. I was too cheap to hit the hard stuff tonight but that didn’t stop me from enjoying myself as much as I could. I built up some momentum and put my feet up on the cart. Flying down the isle past an angry old lady that raised her fist at me. I turned away from her with a huge grin on my face and skidded into the check out stand. I got everything back in the car and dug under my seat to find my Sox cap. Slapping it against my leg to get the dirt off of it before sitting it on my head. It took me two trips and lot of dropping my keys to get everything into the apartment. I flipped on the TV and cranked it up while I walked around the kitchen preparing a heaping helping of nachos. I popped open a beer and sat my happy ass down on the couch. Kicking my feet up and cranking the television louder.-
V
I sit up a little straighter in the SUV when I see the Cop emerge from his Crown Vic, on by one he pulls some bags out and heads inside and out of sight. My hand was on the handle before I knew what I was doing, and then I was making tracks up the stairs, but once I stood outside the door, my hand stilled an inch in mid air at the worn door. What the fuck was wrong with me, this was a human and a damn detective at that, one who days ago held my own blade at my throat while demanding answers. Ok so that was all some hot stuff but damn I can see the door opening , Butch getting one look who was standing on the other side and yanking out that Glock or slamming the door in my face. Come the hell on V, get a grip, just knock or hell break it down. Yeah that would go over real damn good, first off I never sought peeps out, and I sure as hell have never stood on the outside of their door giving myself some kind of cranked up bad pep talk. Fact is I was out of my realm here and for the first time ever had no damn control, the Cop could tell me to fuck off and that would be that. I shoved my hands in my jacket pockets and turned to walk off and then stepped back to the door, cocked my head some and then let out a loud as fuck grunt and yanked my hand from my pocket and instead of the regular knock on ones door that I was going for, it came out more like a drug bust raid beat down on the wood.
Butch
-The sudden loud as hell knock at the door causes me to spill my beer all down my shirt.- Mother Fucker! -Setting the now empty can down and standing up.- I’m coming keep your damn pants on for a minute here. -Walking into the kitchen and grabbing a towel to mop up the mess.- I’m freaking off duty can’t you guys bother someone else and leave a man to watch the game in peace? -Stomping back through the apartment and back to the door.- Where’s the goddamn fire that made me spill beer all over my damn self? -Yanking the door open with an angry expression that quickly turns to pure shock.- Oh… -Suddenly stumbling for words as my mind spins off its axis. Looking down at my stinking t-shirt and flushing in embarrassment.- Ummm… -Reaching up to run fingers through my hair and ending up adjusting the ball cap covering it all.- Hell, I’m a mess. -laughing nervously- No just coming right in this time, huh? -Damn it man pull your shit together. I step to the side with a wave of my arm.- You wanna come in or make the neighbors think I’m buying drugs?
V
I stifle the urge to turn on my heals and demat back to the SUV when I hear Butch yelling like a mad man from the other side of the door, but yeah I was rooted in place and not moving even a toe when the door flew open to reveal a wet T-shirt, sox cap wearing, and down right sexy as fuck Cop. Standing there watching the red creep over Butch’s face, had a slow grin moving in on my face and I relaxed my stance instantly. Just being in the vicinity of Butch did all kinds of outta this world stuff to my head and I’m not even gonna get started on what Butch does to my body. Tapping the beak of the well worn cap.”Knew you were good peeps, Cop” Stepping in closer, and not resisting the chance to rub up against Butch as I make my way in. I stand there for a full second longer then was necessary before I reluctantly moved further into the apartment. Shrugging my shoulders.”Thought I try doing the civilized thing and knock first, wouldn’t get too use to it though, had to work up to that knocking bit…..Fuck” mumbling under my breath, when my mouth went on a spree.”yeah so, what ya doing in here,You have some cop buddies showing up?“ 
Butch
-My head dropped down when you tapped the bill of my hat, hiding my smile. I saw your broad chest come into view and leaned forward ever so slightly and inhaling. My eyes fall closed as I process the scent that seems oh so familiar. Leather… tobacco… Turkish. I wasn’t a connoisseur of tobacco but I knew. My eyes opened back up and I tracked your movements like I was trying to figure something out in my head. Absently reaching back to push the door closed and flipping the deadbolt. I ran the towel over my shirt once more in annoyance. I’d have to change the fucker this was no good at all. I almost laughed at the knocking thing. Biting my the shit out of my bottom lip when I thought better of it. Soooo big scary man was just as nervous about this shit as I was? Interesting. I motioned to a spot on the couch.- I don’t have any cop buddies. Certainly not any that have the good sense to enjoy the Sox anyway. I just like to get my grub on while I’m watching. -Smiling huge- Help yourself. Can I getcha a beer? -Already walking into the kitchen to grab myself a new one.-
V
Looking between Butch and the couch and back to you again, I ran a hand down my face to cover up the look of severe surprise in my eyes and nods.”Yeah, sounds good to me.“Moving the few steps and sitting down, I watch Butch head into the kitchen and keep my gaze Locked on the entry way,almost expecting Butch to come out with guns blazing at me. Speaking loud enough to be heard. “Then you work with some dead pan losers, peeps that don’t appreciate the Sox have some serious shit wrong in the head.” Stretching my legs out some in front of me, I relax some against the back of the couch, but keep my hand near my jacket and answer “Beer sounds good, next time I won’t show up empty handed” I had to lick my lips and try to hide the grin that came up again when I spied that huge smile on Butch’s face. For that minute I let it play through my head that maybe you was actually glad to see me.
Butch
-Leaning over to rip open the case of beer in the fridge further and coming back out with two cold ones.- Yeah. What’s your damage anyway? Coming over to watch the game and not bringing something… Rude. -Letting out a laugh and tossing you the beer.- I need to get out of this damn shirt I smell like a down on his luck hobo. -Setting my can down and pulling off my shirt as I walk in to my room. I toss the filthy thing in the corner with the huge pile of other dirty clothes and silently curse myself for not picking up my place. It probably stinks to high heavens too. I wouldn’t know, I was used to it. I tried not to notice my shaking hands as I dug for a clean shirt. What are you doing O’Neal? You hardly know this guy. I shook the thought off and came back out with a plain white t-shirt.- And yeah, I work with some serious assholes. Yankees this and Yankees that. -Rolling my eyes and plopping down next to you.- Drive a man to drink I tell ya. -Opening my beer and tipping it back.-
V
Chuckling, my hand that had been laying right over my jacket, reaching up taking the beer.”Yeah sorry, had stuff going on that had me even forgetting the game was on tonight” Popping the beer open and goes to bring it to my mouth, but everything in me stops, my lungs quick taking air in and my five chambered heart paused on pumping any blood, the sight of Butch’s bare back consumed me. I was seeing the impossible, that very back, with each letter of my name carved carefully into it, I even recognized the marks, they were done by me, I knew that with glaring facts. The rush of air that came back in my chest had my lungs almost convulsing.”Uh yeah, duct tape works on shutting Yankee lovers up” I knew my eyes had to be burning bright so I tilted my head down and made to look like I was in some deep concentration on my beer until I could chill my head back down. There’s no way that could have been a vision, could it? Fuck I was seriously on the edge here.
Butch
-I tilted my head to side trying to judge your strange reaction. My hand reached up automatically to massage the muscles of your neck.- You are too tense, nallum. Relax and enjoy the game. -My fingers stopped what they were doing and I felt like my eyes were bulging out of my head. I cleared my throat and straightened up, letting my arm fall to the back of the couch.- I going to have to start carrying duct tape around then cause I’m getting tired of hearing them flapping their gums. -Turning my attention to the game like it was a lifeline. Hell if I knew where any of this shit was coming from but it was as natural to me as breathing, which scared the shit out me. My entire body locked up like I had a stick rammed up my backside and my leg did the nervous thumping thing that it tended to do when I was at a complete loss.-
V
My head jerked so hard to the right that I heard the muscles protesting instantly at the action, for the first time in all my centuries, I was left speechless. That one word that was more ancient then I was, and not known to the human world, and it coming from your mouth had me plastered in my seat. It slammed around my head like a ping pong ball and finally I bypassed all the other stuff that had been said and managed to half turn my body towards you. Slowly licking my suddenly dry lips, I forced syllables past my constricted throat.”Where did you hear that word from Butch?” Lowering my eyes to your sudden rabbit thumping leg, I laid my gloved hand in your knee and brought my diamond eyes back up to your face, searching every line of it, even delving into the depths of your mind, questions upon questions layered it with deep confusion. Shaking my head and pulling back out, my fingers unintentionally dug into the jeans covering your leg.
Butch
-I turned my head almost mechanically to look back at you. I didn’t have a good answer so I just let my mouth do the talking.- It seemed like the right thing to say at the time. -I forced myself to relax some so that my heart didn’t end up punching a hole through my chest. My gaze trailed down your arm to where your hand was on my leg.- Sorry if it upset you. -Wincing slightly at the increased pressure of your grip and breathing heavily through my nose. Truth be told I still didn’t know what word meant. I only knew that it applied to you.- I’ll stick to Vishous from here on out. -Settling back against the couch and taking another drink even though my hand was shaking.- If it’s any help, I don’t know what it means.
V
I eased up the pressure of my hand on your knee when I seen you visibly wince, but I didn’t remove it. Shaking my head, I dropped my eyes some before speaking again.”The word is something from the old world and no one would put the title to me, ever” Raising my hand up now, only to place it on the back of your neck, at first I let the tips of my fingers walk over the skin there before steadily pressing my thumb into the flesh and rhythmically mashing in small circles against your nape. ”We’re good Butch, you didn’t upset me, alright?” Chuckling lightly, I leaned back against the couch as I continued to keep applying a certain amount of pressure with my fingers to your neck.” I have no doubt that you will piss me off at some time but I am looking forward to that” Sliding my tongue under my lip but over my teeth, I eyed the steady pulse that drummed strongly under the smooth flesh of your neck.”Uh.. yeah so how’d you manage to get the night off anyway Cop and I gotta say, you surprised me by letting me through the front door, not complaining, glad you did?
Butch
I called you it. -The words jumped out of my throat before I could even question them. For some reason I felt the need to reinforce the fact.- It’s what you are. -Being this close to you was sending all sorts of mixed signals off and I almost backed up until you brought your hand up to the back of my neck.- Oh God… -My head lulled to the side at your touch and my eyes rolled back, lids dropping closed.- That feels so fucking good. -All my tension slid right out of my body into a puddle on the floor. I at least had enough sense to put down my drink before I spilled it yet again. I had to lick my lips three or four times before I could say anything else.- What can I say, I’m good at my job. -I let my hand drop to the back of your shoulders and let out a sigh.- I wanted you to come back. Wasn’t sure if you were going to though.
V
My ass didn’t move from the spot it was rooted to but my torso moved over towards you.”You don’t know how wrong you are but maybe one day I will explain it to you.” The truth of those words would lock a noose around my neck but even knowing that didn’t take away from the rush of blood surging through my system at break neck speed hearing you say that. My eyes scan the completely relaxed mode you was in, your long hard body sunk heavily into the cushions of the couch and I had to bite back the growl that was wanting to rip out of me when just your hand fell on my shoulders. “Not sure I had much choice in the matter of coming back” My hand dropped away from your neck and then I found myself on my feet, what the fuck was wrong with me, making moves on a human and damn that didn’t even touch the stuff that seemed to just roll right out of my mouth. “Its getting late Cop, I gotta hit the road, next time I bring some drink, and you try and not spill it” My good intentions and iron control only lasted a minute before I found myself bending down over you, getting close enough, that my lips almost touch yours as I speak.”Not sure what is up, or why but I will always come back, don’t doubt me Butch” Pulling myself to my full height I don’t look back as I walk to the door and call over my shoulder.”Lock up Cop, you never know who might wonder in” Shutting the door with more force then I intended to, I kept going till I was back in my SUV and had it on the street, if I thought too much I knew I would be back in that apartment blowing holes through a hetero cops mind.
Butch
-My head snapped up immediately when you let go of my neck and stood up suddenly. It was like waking from a dream and I realized with shock how close I’d been to the edge and not even known it. I had to lean back more when you towered over me. My head almost becoming one with the couch cushion when your lips got so close to mine. I scanned your eyes trying to figure out what the hell was going on here. Hoping that maybe you had more of a clue than I did. I let go of a breath that I’d sucked in when you stood back up and bobbed my head in agreement.-Yep. It’s getting late. I should hit the sack. Have a good one, Vishous. -Waving my hand with a nervous smile. I had to wait until I was sure you were gone before I tried to stand up. My legs were shaking like I’d never used them before and I half lurched to the door to lock it behind you. Turning everything off stumbling into bed. Burying myself under layers of blankets and pulling that shit over my head.- What the fuck was that?… 

No comments:

Post a Comment