Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tying up some loose ends.

V...


I bailed out as soon as the shutters lifted for the night. There was an agenda to keep and if things went down the way I wanted them, then I’d be back to the Pit and back to having some down time with Butch. I was loaded down with my usual weapons when I dematted from the grounds to come to form just outside a very expensive and exclusive residence. I did my usual scanning of the surroundings, making sure there weren’t any nearby threats. Slipping around to the back where it was mainly wooded and what was even better there were no neighbors in hearing distance….which was worked good if noise was an issue upon completing this job. Pulling my dagger from its spot on my chest, I used the sharp end to work the sad excuse for a lock free. Silently I moved through the now open doorway and shut it behind me just in case there might be someone to show up. Most of the background work I did on the male in question leading me to the knowledge that he rarely if at all had any visitors. Actually what turned up on the guy was some fucked up shit and taking care of this was no issue for me….others would see this as they wanted, good thing I didn’t give a fuck how they viewed it. Slipping up the polished staircase, I could hear his steady heartbeat getting nearer with each step I took. I couldn’t help it, my lips creased into an evil as fuck grin. Anticipation was a high unto itself and I hoped like hell that this proved to be somewhat interesting. With my blade in hand I reached the top and gave up the pretense of being quiet. The moment was here and he had every right to be aware and do what he could. I was somewhat surprised when he turned as soon as I stepped onto the same floor he was at…good, he at least had some decent reflexes. It was those same reflexes that had him yanking a pistol from inside his jacket and aiming it at me. Sadly for him before he could get a shot off my dagger was already soaring through the air and embedding itself in his chest, always the way to the hilt. I hadn’t moved an inch when the gun fell from his hand and it and his knees both slammed to the floor. Shaking my head and somewhat feeling disappointed in the lax of fight I was hoping for, I crossed the room and looked down at the gasping for breath male. I crouched down to get as eye level as I could with the slouching fuck up. When I inch by slow inch pulled my blade free from his heart, I spoke and gave him the reason for his death. “You should have learned better how to treat a female, especially one that belongs now in the fold of the Brotherhood. This was for Avarice and her male Qhuinn.” I wiped the bloody dagger off on his impeccable suit while I watched his eyes go wide with recognition of the name I spoke, but he was too far gone and with his next labored breath his whole body crumpled to the ground. Shrugging, I stood back up and holstered my knife in its place. I left the place the same way I came in it but this time when I reached the outside I took a few minutes to work my magic. I stepped back closer to the wooded area as the building before me exploded into flames. There wasn’t a spot that didn’t crackle or an area that wasn’t busting apart. I pulled a hand rolled from my pocket and lit it up; it didn’t take long for the whole structure to come crumbling down. With the fire I exacted on the place it was aches in no time but only till it was down and out did I leave there and come to stand at another location. One job down, one to go I thought. This was an older building; a hospital that had been built fifty years ago and now was mainly used as just a trauma center and not so much as regular stay and heals facility. Again I went through the back, looking up at the camera, I scrambled the feed and stayed cleared of as many humans as I could until I reached the medical records storage room. In my search on the now bonded female to the King, I traced her beginning to start here but nothing else came up. Pulling out my phone I used it to access the code on the secured door. It took a few minutes before finally I heard the pleasant sound of the lock sliding out of place. Stealthily I slipped inside and worked my way to the very back of the room. This was the dead area, the place where no answered, no more info files ended up. It was where what I needed would be. I searched through the coding and figured out the way they filed things. Soon enough I came upon a box that was covered in too damn much dust. Pulling it free from the shelf I flipped the lid off and shined a mini light into it. There wasn’t much as I searched through each file and then finally I found baby girl Jane. This Kisa was the only one born that year with no name, no info and left in the waiting room. There wasn’t much to be read, height, weight, surprisingly good health considering how she was abandoned. It went into little detail on CPS being brought in when no one came forward to claim the child and from there she landed I had found in more orphanages and foster homes than most people could count up to. When I flipped to the back there lying nestled and almost stuck to the back of the old file, was a sealed envelope. I pulled it free and opened it; inside laid a locket and nothing else. When I slipped it out, I was surprised to see how old the necklace was. I could tell it was ancient and more importantly not made here in the good old USA but from the old country. Somehow I thought, I really wished I didn’t know this kind of shit. A deep sense of foreboding didn’t just creep over me, fuck that, it straight ran from one end of me to the other. Let’s face it; nothing from the old country ever fucking boded well. Shaking my head I tucked the file along with the locket into my jacket before replacing the box back where I took it from. I left the room and second time in the night I went back out the way I came in. When I got outside, I moved deeper into the dark, away from any possible prying eyes and dematted back to the Manse. I walked through the garage and down the tunnels. I slipped my phone free of my pocket and shot a voice mail to @BlindKing_Wrath .”I’ve completed both jobs and have the info you wanted; hit me up when you’re free.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment