Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Unexpected Turn


Kisa
~I was sitting there more or less watching the crowd and the very few that was allowed to walk up into the VIP area. I spied the man that told me to sit down and I swore to myself that if he didn’t come back soon that I would take another route and that was me screaming the roof down until someone listened to me. Yes that was out of my normal, I knew how to blend in and I knew how to stand out and blending in was more natural to me. This thing right now demanded I stand out like a whore in a red mini dress doing a line dance during Sunday mass. Sean was missing and the longer I sit here the chances of helping him were getting limited, and that was a statistical fact. Huffing out a heated breath I was just about to take my place standing on the bar to make myself know when another pumped up on steroid male came towards me. One perfectly arched brow rose and I eyed him critically until he was right there talking to me and something clicked in my brain.~You are a cop aren’t you? ~My face scrunched up and I slowly reached out to shake the offered hand and then I took in the different then human scent and that helped some to relax my “Oh damn I am being locked up” feeling.~ Just anywhere you can hear me Butch and the sooner the better, like I told your friend this is a life and death situation and enough time has been wasted.
Butch
-I straightened up a bit at the first words that came out of your mouth. If that wasn’t a red light, I didn’t know what was. You took my hand anyway, so I gave it a firm shake.- Cops can’t afford suits like this. -I flashed a grin but it was not entirely genuine.- Iam isn’t exactly my friend. -I looked up at Piper to make sure that she hadn’t disappeared yet and back to you.- Shit always seems to be life and death. Let’s hear what you got. -I motioned with my hand for you to follow and just left it at that. I hadn’t exactly come here to work but I wasn’t going to tell this female to fuck off either. I made my way back to the Brother’s table. It wasn’t quiet by any stretch of the imagination but it wasn’t like I was going to invite this female back to the manse either. That would fly over like a lead balloon. When I got to the table I scooted in next to Piper.- Looks like I picked up a stray. -Whispering in Piper’s ear.- That waitress is sweet on ya. -Laughing and ordering a Lag.-
Kisa
~I applied just the right amount of pressure in the hand shake and let go, but I still watched the male critically and noticed the smile that didn’t reach his green eyes. My head tilted to the side and I nodded.~ Friend of his or not, if you can help me then that at this point is all that matters to me. As to what you believe is a life or death issue, well I will let you be the judge of that when we talk.~I stepped up into the area and followed Butch to the table where a woman was seated at and I spared her a glance before sitting down on the edge of the booth seat opposite of the pair. My brows drew down low and I shook my head as I knew quickly that the woman was human.~ Maybe you are not the one to help me, I mean…dammit, is there not anyone in this place that cannot just listen to me?
Piper
-The waitress had come and gone more times than I cared to count, each time bringing another drink and making sure her hand grazed across any part of my skin it could. Of course I grinned, it was good to know I could still make some swoon; I’d rather she be a he and tall, dark and handsome but there was no denying her attractiveness. I leaned in catching her by the wrist as she rested a drink before me, lifting my gaze and humming softly as I spoke- Thank you for thee impeccable service -Letting my fingers linger before walking them up along her arm, a teasing grin playing along my lips as my tongue swept across its length. The liquor was more than coursing through my system by the time I caught sight of Butch and a trailing brunette behind him, I quickly dropped her wrist and shifted in my seat- Just two more of these would be great…-ducking my chin to listen as you whispered after sliding in, turning all kinds of red not even hiding the grin- What can I say…I have mad skill in the charm department. And that’s not even trying -Winking before I chuckled- But ten bucks says she is using me to sashay her way into the manse. -Arching a brow at the woman as she sat down, forcing a smile to my lips and ignoring the look she gave and the outburst that followed. I knew that look all too well. - Is this one of those see my ass out of it kind of conversations? Cause I can go...-Lifting my lips to my glass not giving two shits about much right now besides my drink. Which I happily drained and pushed to the edge, winking at the waitress again-
Butch
-I narrowed my eyes with a grumble and turned to Piper- You aren’t going anywhere. You are like a time bomb waiting to happen right now. -I pushed the drink in front of Piper away and snagged up my own before she could grab it.- Slow that shit down. You are a hundred pounds soaking wet and can’t chug it with the best of us. -I rolled my eyes wondering what the fuck I got myself into tonight and looked back at the female across the table.- Listen here, whatever your name is, I said that I would hear what your problem was didn’t I? You aren’t going to find anyone else in here that will give a good goddamn. You’re right, I was a cop. But the only type of person who would jump to that and ask it first thing is a criminal. -I took a swig of my drink and tried to relax though I knew that shit wasn’t happening.- And this here is my half-sister, she’s a doctor. I could gather together a firefighter and an ambulance driver as well if that would make you feel better. 
Kisa
~ I looked between Butch and Piper and propped my elbows on the table just so I had a place for my face to land when my neck gave up on holding my head up. I was in a twilight episode, I had to be, hours ago I was breaking in a home and now I was sitting in some Vampire/Human club with a retired cop Vampire and his human half-sister who is a Dr. Alright Kisa, you have this and Sean needs help, that is what I repeated in my head as I lifted my face back up. Taking in a slow deep breath I called on all the training I’ve had and schooled my features and my tone.~ Since you are willing to help and I have little avenues to turn to, let me apologies if I came across rude. My name is Kisa and you obviously know what I am and such as that is what brings me here tonight. A friend, his name is Sean told me here is where I would go to find help if needed. Tonight I find I need the kind of help you hopefully can provide. My friend Sean is missing, let me lay out why I claim it as a life and death issue. ~My arms laid down on the table and I crossed them in front of me and directed my words at the ex-Cop.~ Sean called me and told me not to come, I could tell by his tone that something was off so I went to check on him, what I found was a ransacked house that was always OCD neat and then his blood in his bedroom. His phone was left behind and nothing noticeable was missing, even his car is parked in the driveway. Now you tell me Butch, what do those of our kind do about things as this, to me it is of severe importance but again I have lived my life in the real world when people go missing and a good amount of blood is present then it is something that calls for immediate attention, am I wrong in assuming that now Butch? ~By the time I was done I looked once again between the two and wonder who would laugh or snicker first, it seemed since I mentioned life and death that neither could care or took it serious, well except for their drinks and flirting with a waitress that is.~
Piper
-My brow only arched as my drink slid out of my grasp and I bit back the growl that threatened to show itself at any moment to hold my ever constant smile- I am not a time bomb waiting to blow I am a grown ass woman -Leaning forward to wrap my small hand around the glass and tug it in close, ignoring the brother sized eye roll-So it’s Kisa? It’s a pleasure. I tend to be the comedy around these things. And as you can guess… just human. Which you probably knew. -Awkwardly shifting in my seat again, drinking to keep my mouth busy and frankily…I may have forgotten everything she just said. God dammit Pipes…just smile and nod…fuck do something other than stare like a doe about to get shot by some backwoods redneck. Clearing my throat and hiccuping before mumbling, ignoring the waitress as she returned with yet another drink. Which she got a good eye ball yelling from Butch for.- Well you really couldn’t have picked a better man for the job. -Nodding a little too enthusiastically almost following the beat of the music- I really need some fucking french toast right about now…
Butch
-I sat up straighter as Kisa began telling her story. All the old instincts started kicking in and I pictured the crime scene as she painted it before me. I immediately reached into my pocket and pulled out my notepad. Some habits you just don’t break, I always had my notepad and a pair of cuffs on me. I flipped the pad open, pushed my drink away and started jotting down the details I wanted to remember. Even if I never consulted my notes, it was habit to write them down and it helped me walk through the process. I stopped when Piper started talking and turned my head very slowly to look at her. I picked up the drink the waitress had left and made real damn sure the waitress was looking right at me as I poured it all over the floor next to the table. Let her clean that shit up for being stupid enough to bring Piper another one. I looked back at Piper with a sigh.- Alright, Piper. I know that tonight hasn’t turned out exactly how you envisioned but you didn’t get attacked, shot at, or stabbed so let’s count this as a win. Why don’t you just relax in the booth here? Lay down if you feel the mood strikes you. I’m sure Fritz will make you whatever you want when we get home again. -I grumbled under my breath and looked back at my notes and then up at Kisa.- I’m going to go ahead and assume that this Sean is a vampire as well. Is he also a criminal? And before you answer that you need to know that I don’t really give a shit what you all do, I just need to know what I’m dealing with here.
Kisa
~I nodded when Butch started taking what I was saying serious. At least it appeared so as he started to write down notes. His demeanor seemed to change also, more Cop like for lack of better words. Just as I was starting to feel more at ease that something will start to happen in the matter of Sean, I heard a rambling from Piper and my eyes narrowed. Shaking my head I turned my attention back to the male that was asking questions and I thought a split second on how to answer then I just went with the truth~ Sean is a straight laced male that has very few friends, he is of the legitimate type. So if you are thinking this could be a job gone wrong, then no that is not the case. His family is money so Sean had no need to work or need for money. And yes Butch he is as you and I are, if he was human I would be sitting at the police station right now. ~I let out a stressful pent-up breath and leaned my arms heavily on the table to support myself. All of the nights events were slowly weighing down on me and sitting up straight was not an option a the moment.~
Piper
-The looks on both Butch and Kisa’s face had me shrinking in my seat faster than a bank account of a of an uppity stock trader, guilt washed over me something awful while my head nodded and I mumbled out a soft reply- I’m sorry…I blame the waitress for the lack of filter -Resting both elbows on the table top, cringing as I felt the sickness but not moving only nestling my chin between my palms and focusing, or at least trying to on what both of you had said- I won’t interrupt  Just consider me an invisible Doc
Butch
-I closed my eyes for a moment and grabbed my forehead in my hand, massaging my temples. Now I had two depressed females on my hands and I wasn’t sure how I’d managed to step my foot into this shit. I took a deep breath before looking back up at Kisa.- He knew they were coming and warned you away… -It didn’t sound like lesser to me and I wasn’t one to jump to that conclusion just because there were vampires involved.- Exactly how much money does his family have? And is there some sort of ransom note? -I had to work my way down a certain check list in my brain but in the end I knew that it would be better for me just to go to the crime scene. I glanced over at Piper’s inebriated state and winced inwardly. What I thought might be a decent night out for her was going to quickly turn into a full scale investigation, I could see it coming. So I bit the bullet and asked the question that needed to be asked to weed out the possibilities.- Aside from the blood, what did your friend’s place smell like? I’m not talking about what he used to clean his kitchen with. Something that didn’t belong there.
Kisa
~My arms slid off the table as I leaned back in the chair and I listened to every word Butch spoke and soon enough I was able to follow the flow of his mind. The times I spent in the system and in jail in my younger years taught me much and dealing and paying attention to the good officers that I dealt with had helped me much in later years. I gave myself a mental shake and pulled it all back together so I could think back and envision Sean’s place from the moment I stepped into it. Detail always matter whether it be in solving a crime or committing it. My eyes closes and it unfolded before me like a slow motion picture, I could see the couch turned over, and the glass broken on the floor nearest the kitchen and even the newspaper that Sean most likely had been reading that evening was rumpled by the kitchen table. His blood was strong in my nose, it was so familiar to me, even more so than my own but then another scent assaulted me and I opened my eyes and nodded.~ No, there was no sign of a note, I did a search from room to room looking for hints of anything, I left it the way it was but I did touch on many things. As for his family, how Sean had said it to me, they were from old money so I assumed it was substantial but I never asked specifics. Outside of the scent of his blood and the usual spices that was his home there was a much sweeter scent, not quite on the side of baking cookies but definitely a layer of sweetness clung to the air. And before you ask, no I did not break into Sean’s home; he gave me a key long ago, so I entered quite legally. He is a male that I would describe and told him often enough as a recluse. ~I sit up straighter and leaned a tad closer to the table.~ Sean is a really good friend of mine Butch, and outside of his family and me, he let few pass through his door if any.
Piper
-I found gaze drifting between the two half wondering if I was going to get to play the handy dandy side kick to Butch’s Dick Tracy. My eyes widened as I listened, sure I wasn’t getting much thanks to my present boozed happiness but the things I managed to put together and the looks that were exchanged between the two left an all too familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach. Knowing better than to open my mouth and blurt out some random comment this time around, so I just listened intently while my ass moved around in the seat to the music-
Butch
-I wrote the word ‘glymera?’ on my pad and almost busted my pencil in half when I heard mention of a sweet smell. The sharp lead tip broke off and sailed across the table in some random direction. I flipped the notepad closed and tucked it neatly away in my inner pocket. And just for good measure I downed the Lag in front of me too. I checked my watch to see how close we were to daylight before standing up from the table. I looked down at Kisa but held my hand out to help Piper.- I need you to take me to your friend’s house. -I pointed a finger at Piper with a scowl.- So help me Piper if you puke in the Escalade I will make you clean that shit up with your tongue. -I threw down some cash and waited to see if Piper could even stand straight.- Let’s go girls. Time’s a wastin. -I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Zsadist. I needed to look into this matter and Piper was in no state to be dragging her around all over the place. I was going to have to make it up to her big time. Maybe a concert or something in the future.-
Piper
-I stood all too unsure on my feet and once again thanking god for the flats I opted on, my head lifted and I smiled up at Butch grumbling as I saw his phone out- You aren’t seriously questioning my state right now? -Chuckling softly- I’m great -I almost reached up tap him on the nose but my gaze easily got distracted yet again- Think I can migrate to the bathroom without any trouble?
Butch
-My eyes went wide and I tucked the phone against my ear and shoulder with a cock of my head.- NO! I don’t think you can… -I grabbed Piper by the arm and rushed her through the VIP section, knocking down our waitress in the process of speeding toward the bathroom. I practically shoved her through the door and waited outside leaning against the wall in the hallway.- Come on Z… pick up…
Piper
-Grunting out a sharp breath, my face flaming red and my eyes no doubt tearing into his own.- What the fuck, Butch…-Spinning on my heels in the small stall, opening my mouth with all intentions to scream back at him but fuck me I needed to pee.  Muttering a small string of curses under my breath as I finished and washed up before walking back out arms crossed- Thanks for that.
Zsadist
[Growling out as I hear my phone buzz on my night stand. Peeling my black eyes open to look around the dark room. Scribe and I was actually getting some sleep which was weird. Shifting naked on the pallet I slowly stand. Letting out a loud yawn before reaching for the phone and flipping it open. Not even looking to see who it was] hello? [My voice thick with sleep]
Kisa
~I slid out of the booth and stood up but before I could move another inch Butch was rushing Piper to the restroom off to the right. Muttering under my breath I stood there with my arms crossed over my chest and wondered at the outcome of all this. Since coming here I had witnessed a circus and not an entertaining one. I really did question if anything within this race was dealt with any modicum of common sense when a life and death situation comes about or are all things met with such drunken comical attitude. My normally controlled temper was flaring but I locked it down even more because the Ex-Cop seemed to be on the right track and that alone was helping me with the fear eating away at me like cancer.~
Butch
Zsadist! Oh thank god. -I paused at the tone and looked at my phone.- Were you asleep? Shit man, I’m sorry but I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor. -I stopped and nodded to Piper as she came back out. Glad as fuck that she hadn’t puked all over herself.- I got a sitch here with a civilian that I need to look into but I got the wild idea to get Piper outta the manse for a night and well… long story short, she’s drunk as hell and I was wondering if you could come pick her up
Zsadist
[Coughing a bit before scrubbing a hand over my face. Shit..how deep of a sleep was I in?] piper..? [Blinking my eyes before I realize what you just said] she’s what?..a human? Huh? Scribe virgin what the fuck happen..[I was already on my way to the closet. Phone resting in the crook of my neck as I reached for leathers and slipped them over my bare ass. Hearing you sound flustered I pause to speak]alright alright..ill be there in five..wait where are you..? [Picking up the sounds of loud music in the background I take a guess] Zero Sum? [Reaching out to grab a black t-shirt off a hanger]
Butch
Thank you Brother. -I breathed out a long sigh.- And yeah we are at ZeroSum. We will be in the alley by the Escalade. -I hung up the phone and turned back to Piper-Sorry this didn’t turn out differently tonight but I’ll totally make it up to you sometime. Z’s on the way to pick you up while I chase down this other thing and see how bad it is. -I slung my arm over Piper’s shoulder and escorted her toward the side door that the Brothers always used by their table.- If you run into V just let him know I’ll be home soon. -I turned my head toward Kisa and raised my voice over the music.- Someone’s on the way to pick up Piper here and then we will head out.
Kisa
~I leaned back against the booth and nodded at Butch~ Ok, and once we leave here, Sean’s place isn’t too far away but even it being close we are still wasting valuable time here. ~My arms fell down to my sides and I blocked the sudden onslaught of bloody images that was trying to push there way into my brain of what Sean could be going through at this very moment while we stand around.~
Piper
-Only nodding cause that was all I seemed to come up with at this point, just one normal night was beginning to feel like an impossibility  I lifted my chin and smiled at Butch, shrugging a shoulder- You don’t have to make anything up. It’s what you do best -Nodding again- Don’t worry about me. -Lifting a hand to wave to Kisa- Just make sure you come home with out additional holes. And I’ll tell V if I see him. I can wait for Z outside.
Zsadist
[Shaking my head as I hang up the phone. Sliding the shirt on before bending down to slip on my shitkickers. Damn what was I about to walk in on..Then slowly it all started to set in..I was picking up piper..drunk piper if I may add. A female..not one of my brothers..Hell it was easy dealing with my brothers. Pick their ass up and dump them wherever in the mansion. Sighing I grab a few weapons and my leather jacket before heading out. Slipping it on before I dematerialize. I take form in downtown Caldwell right in front of the building that I’ve been at so many times before…hell this is where I did the most feeding. Shaking the thoughts as I make my way into the alley. Eyes scanning the area to try to spot out a drunken Piper and hopefully sober Butch]
Butch
-I opened the door and was surprised to see Zsadist standing right fucking there.-Well shit, that was fast. Guess you don’t gotta wait for no one darlin. -I gave Piper a tight squeeze and opened the door to the Escalade to let her in. I dug out my keys and handed them over to Zsadist.- Trusting ya with my sister and my baby. -Giving Zsadist a serious look and then bumping his shoulder with my fist.- Thanks for helping me out. I think we gotta sitch here with some lesser taking civies so I gotta check it out. I’ll be back before ya know it.
Piper
-Hoisting myself into the seat and fumbling with the belt till I finally heard the click-If you don’t come home I am sure V will have my ass and then some so please…just get home. -Mumbling under my breath before the door shuts- I’m sorry I was a mess -Shrinking into the same leather seat I was fidgeting in just hours before. Smirking as I crossed one leg over the other so tempted to roll the window down and ask in my best accent if he had any gray poupon. Turning my head to Z-Home..cozy clothes..food
Zsadist
[Nodding as I take the keys from Butch then raises a brow as he says sister] huh?[Confused I just shake it off before walking over to the drivers side really not ready for all that was going to unfold..then again it was piper..not just some random human. Buckling up before I turn my head to look at her. As the door shuts the scent of coconuts and ocean breeze fill the air. Clearing my throat before turning to look at her. I nod and start up the car murmuring] yep..[Slowly I pull out and head back to the mansion]

No comments:

Post a Comment