Wednesday, June 19, 2013

One call changes it all


Zsadist
[Wiping my blade off on my leather covered thigh I give Butch an are you good look as he finishes inhaling a pale fucker. Damn there were a lot of lessers out tonight. It came to a point where I lost count at how many I slayed. But that was a good thing…for me at least. I needed to kill constantly…it was the only thing that kept me sane. So much has been going on and my head was a complete mess. Piper..fuck the doc came out of know where and took a spot in my life that I didn’t think would ever happen. Then again nothing really happened. I mean I just…took some of her blood. And slept in her bed…and went through her things…then yelled at her…and now she hates me. Yeaaah I was doing great at this shit. But this is what I wanted. I knew that she should stay far away from me. Yeah…MINE. Growling I shake my head then feels my back pocket vibrating] come on..[I mutter pulling out the phone, raising both brows as I see the number that was flashing on the screen] Yo cop..[Holding the phone up to Butch so he can see the number]
Butch
-I leaned against the brick wall on one hand trying to regain some kind of balance. I was ready to call it a fucking night and crawl into bed with my male. I turned my head toward Z and flashed grin I wasn’t really feeling. I doubled over and puked up some black bile all over the cement before trying to stand up straight again.- Yeah, ten kinds of good. I could go for dancing after this shit… -I swiped the sleeve of my jacket over my mouth and walked over to Z who was holding up a phone. My eyes narrowed and squinted a bunch as I tried to make out the number. I gave up and threw up my hand.- What the hell are you trying to show me man? You gonna answer it or make me play twenty questions over here?
Zsadist
[Grunts out] it’s Haver’s..[Pulls the phone back and swipes my thumb across the screen to answer the call. Holding it up to my ear] yeah, what? [Standing there as I try to listen to everything that was being said. But when it all set in and I figured out who he was talking about my heart stops. Blinking I stand there in shock for I don’t know how long..hearing “Hello..hello, warrior?”Snapping out of the trace I was in I let out a loud growl. Fangs barred I shove the phone into my pocket. Not even knowing if I hung up or not] we have to go…NOW [Wanting to just dematz at this very moment but knowing I was way too crazy to even calm the fuck down and hell. You couldn’t do the magic trick] fuck get the SUV!
Butch
You gonna let me in on this little secret of yours? Or just have a coronary on the street and leave me to talk to Haver’s? And why the fuck is Haver’s calling you anyway? You gotta tumor or something? -My hand was still on the wall holding myself up. I raised a brow when you told me to get the SUV.- Unless you want to hit every guard rail and light post from here to god knows where, you best be doing some rethinking on asking me to get the SUV. I’ll be tickled pink if I can actually walk my ass there and not fall down flat on my face.
Zsadist
[Growls and scrubs my hands roughly back and forth across my skull trim then just blurts out] Piper is hurt..bad..and is at Haver’s ok? So we need to go, give me your keys and ill fucking carry ya to the car if you can’t make it my brother. I need to get there ASAP but I’m not leaving you behind and hell I’m to fucking angry to just calm the fuck down and Dematz so [Holds out my palm] please. I need to be there [Black eyes lock onto your hazel ones]
Butch
-nods as soon as I hear Piper’s name and pushes off the wall- Okay man. That’s all you needed to say. I think the carrying thing is going a bit too far but I will definitely take that hand. -Reaches out and slaps my hand in your palm. I stopped a minute and narrowed my eyes at you.- So V was right when he said something about you having a thing for my sister? -I hobbled as fast as I could toward the SUV- Not sure how I feel about that one. Gotta tell ya... -shaking my head some-
Zsadist
[Taking your hand I help you towards the SUV..still waiting for the keys to the thing. Looking away as I hear your words]Nothing is doing…I just look out for her is all…and your right to not like it cause I’m not good enough for her anyway. So yeah..but she is a part of the family and yeah [Pausing to scrub a hand over my face] keys?
Butch
I didn’t say that I didn’t like it. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I’m just saying that I don’t know what to think about it. Hell I’m still settling into the fact that she’s even related to me. -I hit the button on the key ring to disable the car alarm and pulled myself up into the chair before handing you the keys.- The rest of that shit sounds like something you need to work out in your own head.
Zsadist
[Rubs at the back of my neck I stay silent. Grabbing the keys I head over to the driver’s side. Stealing a glance at you as I start up the car. Only to look away once I take off. After I take a few deep breaths I murmur low] how you holding up..? [Moving as fast as I can, swerving in and out of cars. My mind drifts off to Piper..fuck if she wasn’t ok..I wasn’t gonna be ok. My grip tightens on the steering wheel as I grow tense]
Butch
Oh hell, I’m right as rain. Don’t ya even fuckin worry about my ass. Cause I know where my quick fix is. -I slumped against the door and watched your behavior closely.- It’s okay to admit this gets to you, brother. It gets to me too. On the plus side, Haver’s might be a dickhead but he knows his shit and we wouldn’t have been of any help to her since she’s our doctor. I imagine the next best thing for her woulda been a human hospital and I sure as hell wouldn’t want her there.
Zsadist
[Closes eyes for only a heartbeat before looking back at the road. I make a quick turn, hauling ass to Haver’s. I didn’t know what to say to you. Well all in my head was MINE. Grunting I quickly pull into the hospital then murmurs low] yeah I wouldn’t what her at a human hospital either..[About to make some comment but hell you were once human and Piper was human. Pulling the keys from the ignition before getting out and jogging over to help you get out yourself]
Butch
-I thought about letting you run on ahead of me because it seemed obvious that this was ripping a hole in your hold on shit but the truth was, I wanted to get in there too and I knew that as soon as I stepped foot into these doors again stinking of lesser filth, they would freak out on my ass and not want to come anywhere near me. I had a flash of the hole in a wall that they hid me away in last time, complete with the damn hazmat suits, and said fuck all that. I moved as quickly as I could and I’m sure it pissed you the fuck off but there wasn’t a damn thing I could do about that now.-
Zsadist
[Moving quickly as you could, just taking deep fucking breaths. I repeated over and over again. She will be ok. She will be ok. Swallowing hard I move in through the automatic doors and watches the nurses eyes go wide. I could feel my fangs start to elongate. A growl building up in my chest] where the fuck is Haver’s? Where is she?! [Grips your shirt and pulls you forward as I walk. Hoping I can get some god damn answers]
Butch
-I hear the growling and see the fangs and it was like I could predict what was coming next, this damn place was gonna turn into a frickin blood bath.- Oh fuck me. No goddamn way. -I jerked away from your hold on the front of my shirt and just kinda sagged against the wall, grabbing a breather before continuing. I pinned you in a serious gaze.- Calm the fuck down I get that you are worried and you’re more than shitty about dragging a gimp along but I’m not some damn ragdoll that you can toss around. -I moved over to the nurses’ station and leaned on it while smiling at the confused and scared chick behind the desk.- I hear that you have my sister here and I would like to see how she’s doing. Name’s Piper. -pointing at her lil clip board- Don’t mind my surely friend here. He’s about to get my shitkicker up his ass.
Zsadist
[Growling slightly at Butch I begin to pace, back and forth. Trying like hell to calm down. I stop with a sigh and gets into a corner. Hanging my head I close my eyes and just tries to keep my fucking cool even though I just wanted to push people out of the way to get to her]
Butch
-I keep my most charming grin up for the girl even though I can tell that she’s obviously repulsed by the stench I’m throwing off. I can see her looking through stuff and I turn to take a look at you.- If she was dying they would have told you on the phone. Humans might be all fragile and shit compared to vamps but it’s just gonna be a matter of her recovering I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that you are probably gonna see her through that. Breaking down aint gonna help anyone. -I turn back to the nurse when she says something.- Alright, Z. Looks like we got something here. Pull your big boy pants on and let’s see how she is. -I snag a crutch from the nurses’ station and follow after her, ignoring the concern she seems to be having for my own welfare.-
Bella
+I was finally able to go see Piper after she was stabilized. I was sitting next to her bed, holding her hand gently. Even though I had just met her I felt strangely connected, like kindred spirits. She was going to be ok, but her recovery was going to be a long one. A petite red headed nurse came in and checked her vitals. She said something about the brothers being notified but I was welcome to stay. I thanked her and kept vigil until the Brothers came+
Zsadist
[Snaps my eyes open at your words. Not even finding any words to say. I just follow behind you and the nurse. Nails digging into my palms as I fist my hands. I could smell her sweet delicious scent mixed with her blood. Shit. Moving into the room I see Piper in the bed. Heart breaking I catch another scent in the room. Eyes focusing on Bella ..what the fuck is going on. Scrubbing a hand over my skull trim]
Butch
Well isn’t this one happy fuckin party? -tilts my head looking Bella- I’m going to assume that you are the one that brought her here since this aint exactly up Piper’s alley. So what’s the story? -I moved to sit down in a chair next to Piper and let out a grateful sigh at being off my feet-
Bella
+hearing heavy footsteps enter the room, I spin my head towards the door as Zsadist Butch enter+ Uh…hello +Trying not to make a face at the stench that was coming off of Butch , I clear my throat before replying+ Yes I brought her here. I’m Bella. Piper and I met at my brother’s club. We were going to go back to my place to chill. She was going to follow me when some asshole came over and shot her. +lowers my head, sighing+ I got her here as quickly as I could.
Zsadist
[Growls out as I hear Bella ‘s words. That fucker will be tracked down for fucking sure. Moving over to Piper I reach out to brush some hair out of her face. Taking a deep fucking breath as I listen to the soft beats to her heart. Trying to just let myself believe that everything is ok]
Bella
+I stand and let Zsadist get closer to Piper , wiping a tear as he gently moves a hair off her face+ She’s stable and is going to pull through. Just a long recovery. Uh…I guess I will leave you with her. Just one question of you. Let me know how she is?
Butch
-wrinkles my brow- Sure ‘person I just met’ I’d be happy to let you know. I’ll just type Bella into the vampire search database… Nice to meetcha by the way. I’m Piper’s brother. Glad you brought her here and sat with her. Even if this place ain’t high on my list of places I would like to revisit. -I watched Zsadist with Piper for a moment before looking back Bella- They catch the fuck that did this?
Bella
I know I have no right in asking to be updated on her. But I feel responsible. I don’t know if they caught him, but I’m sure my brother has footage of it. He owns ZeroSum.
Zsadist
[About to fucking snap as I hear them talk about the scumbag that did this to Piper when I catch the female’s words. Shaking my fucking head] scribe virgin you are Rehv’s sister? [Mutters sineater under my breath]
Bella
Yes I am Rehv’s sister. Is something wrong with that? .
Butch
Oh get off your goddamn horse Z. You ain’t gonna have any fucking chance with a human you keep that kinda bigotry all up in your noggin. Don’t mind him Bella. Someone pissed in his cheerios
Bella
Guess that’s my que to leave. I know she is in good hands. But if you two need anything +looks between Zsadist and Butch + here is my number. Don’t hesitate to call. +I hand  Piper brother a piece of paper with my number on it, before squeezing Piper’s hand+ Keep fighting girl. +goes to leave+
Zsadist
[Snorts at the cop not even bothering to comment. I knew I was a piece of shit to but whatever. I back up into the corner of the room knowing I wasn’t leaving]
Butch
Later Bella. -Takes the number with a nod of the head and tucks it into my coat pocket. Twisting with a sharp hiss to look over Zsadist- Guarantee you that Rehv has a clear shot of the soon to be dead mutherfucker. Hell, I’m kinda surprised one of his guys didn’t take care of it. -I turned back to Piper and took her hand in mine.- I’m not very good at this brother thing but I’ll be damned if I’ll just let her get hurt and not do something about it. Them days are long past me now. I’m not going to dance around the warning here, Z. You hurt her and you’re not going to want to be around me.
Zsadist
[I barely paid Butch a look or even an ear as he kept on talking. Pushing off the wall in the corner where I stood walked over to the bed and looked down at Piper . The pull in me was overwhelming and I knew before I rested I would find out who did this and blood would flow. I caught the last part of what Butch said and spared a look across the bed that Piper was laying in] Oh have you run out of smart ass wise cracks?-Now you want to warn me and shit, just so you know and I don’t give a fuck if you believe me, but I would sooner spill my own blood then to hurt her…ok? I have been looking after her and hell. Making sure she’s ok cause she’s not just the mansions doctor. She’s part of the family and she’s important..[Finished in my head “to me”]
Piper
-Darkness. No matter which way I looked there it was, it seemed to consume every part of me. I couldn’t tell you where I was, hell I could have been dead. Maybe this was what waited for me? Silence. Fuck me. I felt like I was moving, even swore I felt the wall pressed against my palms as I inched towards the one small microscopic spec of light I could find. It was only then I heard voices. I strained  to hear clearer, they were so familiar and seemed to almost call out to me. I replied, panic thickly coating every word. “I’m here…Hello?” My chest tightened, hands followed suit shortly later and I ran towards the spec as fast as I could. Coming to abrupt halt when figures started coming into view, squinting in some feeble attempt to focus. Butch was easy to make out, same with Zsadist…the third took longer. Was that…me? My heart sank at the realization as a small tremble ran through me. I mustered every ounce of strength I could find and willed…ok prayed like a fucking mother that I force something from between my lips- Balls..
Butch
Oh I could flip you ten kinds of smart ass comments but then you wouldn’t take me seriously. -I was about to say something else in reply when I heard Piper trying to talk and I turned my attention back to her.- Is that seriously what you are coming back to the land of the living with? -laughing and squeezing Piper’s hand-
Zsadist
[Blinks as hear Piper turning my head to look at her. Black eyes softening. Not knowing what to say I just stand there. Staring at her. Clearing my throat I just rub my hand over my skull trim, catching a familiar scent filling the air]
Piper
Yes? -I managed to whimper out through a very painful laugh, eyes finally flickering open. The harsh lights causing another groan- How…I mean. -I moved to sit up slowly only to cry out and mutter another ball filled curse- I would have gone with Hi…but balls fell out. -My head turned to look at Zsadist- Z..-Smiles quickly giving Butch’s hand a squeeze.- How did you know I was here?
Butch
Wow there. Don’t go over exerting yourself. You just got shot you can’t exactly spring up and do jumping jacks after that. -Urging you to lay back and just relax- The how apparently lies in your new found friend. This ‘Bella’ person. For someone you just met, you certainly coulda done worse I suppose. -I stopped whatever else I was going to say to turn and look Zsadist again. My eyes narrowed and my nose twitched some.-Yes…How did I know?… -I reached over and grabbed the crutch I had been using. I leaned on it heavily to drag my sorry ass upward. I stared Zsadist down.- If I thought for one moment you had control over that shit I would be shoving this crutch down your throat. But since I know what it’s like firsthand I’m going to step out of this room now. What I said before still applies though. -I looked back Piper- You’re in good hands here. I hate the guy but he’s a good doctor. Call me if anything changes. -I hobbled out of the room and leaned back against the wall, pulling my phone out and calling V-

No comments:

Post a Comment